Major help needed!!!!

Hello, Just came across this problem today.

I have a spreadsheet I've been using for over 2 years that was
originally created in excel 97. We are now working with excel 2003.

The error that occurs is when I copy a cell in the existing spreadsheet
to a cell in a new spreadsheet, the date changes by 4 years and 1 day.
ex: 10/21/04 becomes 10/20/00.

However, If I open a new spreadsheet and place a date in a cell, copy
that date, open another new spreadsheet and paste the cell into it then
the date does not change.

I'm taking it that it's because of my original spreadsheet being done
in excel 97.  And now when I'm opening a new spreadsheet it's in 2003.
Has anyone come across this problem and know of a fix for this.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Deano

--
KyDeano
KyDeano's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15564

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Your original spreadsheet is using the 1904 date system. The sheet
you're pasting to uses the 1900 date system. Couple of fixes:

1) in your destination workbook - choose Tools/Options/Calculation and
check the 1904 Date system checkbox. As long as you're consistent,
you'll have no problems using the 1904 system dates.

2) Leave the date system alone, and add 1462 days to the dates in the
destination workbook. Enter 1462 in a blank cell. Copy the cell. Select
your dates. Choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add
radio buttons.

In article <KyDeano.1ehn23@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 KyDeano <KyDeano.1ehn23@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> Hello, Just came across this problem today.
>
> I have a spreadsheet I've been using for over 2 years that was
> originally created in excel 97. We are now working with excel 2003.
>
> The error that occurs is when I copy a cell in the existing spreadsheet
> to a cell in a new spreadsheet, the date changes by 4 years and 1 day.
> ex: 10/21/04 becomes 10/20/00.
>
> However, If I open a new spreadsheet and place a date in a cell, copy
> that date, open another new spreadsheet and paste the cell into it then
> the date does not change.
>
> I'm taking it that it's because of my original spreadsheet being done
> in excel 97.  And now when I'm opening a new spreadsheet it's in 2003.
> Has anyone come across this problem and know of a fix for this.
>
> Thanks in advance!!!!
>
> Deano
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
10/21/2004 6:09:54 PM
Please post with meaningful subject lines. Think of others and the archives.
Also, many will not even bother to look with this type subject line.
I don't have 2003 but I think that all you need do is SAVE the wb
immediately the first time you open it.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"KyDeano" <KyDeano.1ehn23@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Hello, Just came across this problem today.
>
> I have a spreadsheet I've been using for over 2 years that was
> originally created in excel 97. We are now working with excel 2003.
>
> The error that occurs is when I copy a cell in the existing spreadsheet
> to a cell in a new spreadsheet, the date changes by 4 years and 1 day.
> ex: 10/21/04 becomes 10/20/00.
>
> However, If I open a new spreadsheet and place a date in a cell, copy
> that date, open another new spreadsheet and paste the cell into it then
> the date does not change.
>
> I'm taking it that it's because of my original spreadsheet being done
> in excel 97.  And now when I'm opening a new spreadsheet it's in 2003.
> Has anyone come across this problem and know of a fix for this.
>
> Thanks in advance!!!!
>
> Deano
>

> --
> KyDeano
> KyDeano's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15564
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=271288

0
Don

Multiple Query Report- Really Need HELP!
I have 3 queries 1.) Count of Employee ID by Department - table 1 2.) Count of Employee ID by Category - Table 3 3.) Count of Employee ID by Final Action Table 3 These three queries all have a count on the employee id. I would like to put them all on 1 report instead of three separate reports. I have done some researching, but not found comprehensive instructions on how to do a union query. So far I've been able to combine the employee id numbers, but its no help since dept is in one table and category & final action are in another...am I missing something? On...

INTEGRATION MGR HELP
I am using Great Plains 7.5 and Integration Manager 7.5. I have created a new integration for revenue and have added a source from an AS/400 file. I have added the General Journal as the destination and have mapped the destination fields that I need. I saved it and ran it and keep coming up with this error: Message DOC 1 ERROR: You must provide a message. Source Ln 317 Col 2, Update module, Last CBOM field read was root.'Note', Last window field visited was 'OK Button' of window Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get past this. thanks so much You hv...

Help with Weekly Personel Schedule
Hey everyone, I've been using Excel to create the weekly schedule for my department at work (roughly 8-10 people), as well as daily assignment sheets that list the people on, hours working, and an hour-by-hour breakdown of their job responsibilities. Because the hours available to my department, as well as the tasks required for completion, vary week to week, I create my schedule from the daily assignment sheets, and then transfer my work over to a weekly schedule grid (consisting of simply the name, date, and time of their shift) for posting in our back office. Example ...

Major help needed #2
Right, so this one is a biggy for me, and I'm stumped. Basically, I have to analyse the mobile phone records for my company. The invoice comes in on a disk, and now it's my job to go through all the calls picking out certain numbers, users, etc. Anyway, after exporting the data to a .txt file, i now need to open it in excel so I can start comparing and so on. Unfortunately, this is a big company and turns out, there are a lot of calls being made. So excel is unable to open anything more than the first 65 000 odd rows of calls. I still need a lot, lot more. Is there any way tha...

Newbie help
Hi Guys, I am looking for a little help please? I have a table of 12 names, or players. Each player has to play at least one game against each other over the course of a season. Is there a function I can use which will allow me to quickly line up all 12 players against each other once over the course of a season?? Appreciate any help offered!! -- EagleBhoy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ EagleBhoy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28603 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thread...

Title Field on Receipt
Hi, I am running RMS version 1.3 and need to edit the sales reciepts so they include the customers title next to the customers name. I have looked the 'tillreceipt.xml' and it just has 'customer.name' that gives the information for the customers name (first and last name), how do I include the customers title field next to it? Many thanks, Sam. HI Add the following line it wil work (this will be before customer.name <TEXT skipblank="true" newline="true"> Customer.Title </TEXT> Regards "Sammas2k" wrote...

Help on tracking email
Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward to my local account. So what is wrong with it? Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy You can Forward emails/activities from within CRM. It may be possible someone is forwarding these to you. "Cindy" wrote: > Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another > email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward > to my local account. So what is wrong with it? > Any ideas...

help needed
Started to set up the inventory items. Since we're a small boutique store, with limited selections of certain products, the Matrix item approach seems to not be perfectly suited - but I see the power of reporting based on the 3 separate attributes. Not sure if I can create a matrix for a certain cluster of skirts, get all the combinations between the various attrbutes and then delete the items that we don't have in our inventory and will never going to get. This would make it cleaner I guess. The price could be different for each of the shirts. Or Standard items would be the b...

Help
Hello, Does anyone know if it is possible to exmerge user's mailboxes across domains, and if so what do I have to do to achieve it. Thanks, Adam Yes. Just use the twp-step method. Exmerge the data to .pst files, then Exmerge the data from the .pst files to the destination server. Be sure you use the correct version of Exmerge. Exchange 5.5, 2000 and 2003 all use different versions. Note: It is best you get the version for Exchange 2000 from the Service Pack. -- Steven D. Parent MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for ...

Virus
When I open a spreadsheet and do a fill down I get all types of strange things that happen. Sometimes it will stick in a formula, sometimes it just moves the cursor down a few cells, sometimes, as you do the fill down it asks if you want to copy to destination cells. Any ideas? Thanks. -- jerry44 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jerry44's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30208 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498889 Can you be a bit more specific? What command exactly ...

Need an STL (std:string) API call example
I'm writing a little utility and thought I would include in it the code necessary to allocate a buffer and fill it up with an API call. The API call is one of those that takes a NULL, 0 pair and returns the length. For example, in MFC, I would do CString s; int length = SomeAPICall(..., NULL, 0); LPTSTR data = s.GetBuffer(length); SomeAPICall(...,data, length); s.ReleaseBuffer(); what I want to write is std::string s; int length = SomeAPICall(..., NULL, 0); ....and then I'm stuck I'll be happy to put credit to you in the About... box. (of course that might be a mixed blessing, ...

help #32
Unable to update free/busy data. ...

Help with CSocket Receive()
Hi! I have written a socket program on the client side that's sending and receiving data to and from a server. The problem is: the Receive() does not always receive the "whole" return string - sometimes it does, most of the time it does not. I guess there needs to be some kind of looping - but I just dont know how to make it work. Here is the code that I have written. Could someone please advise me about how to get the complete data from the server? code:------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------- CSocket sockMySocket; CString...

More On Major problems
Hello again. Well the problems have only gotten worse. I keep getting the tcpsvcs.exe failure, now more frequent. I am now getting this "Blue Screen": Memory Managment then same old dialog, at the end STOP 0x0000001A (0x00003452, 0x02B49201, 0xC0505DE4, 0x00000080) Also starting to get failure on spoolsv.exe Do a full memory test on your server using a memtest86 CD (google for it) or equivalent. Verify your hardware is OK - fans, power supplies, UPS, re-seat RAM, etc. STOP errors usually save mini-dump files which can be parsed to try to determine which driver ca...

Publisher Help
Hi, I made a webpage with publisher,I uploaded to godaddy then decided to make some changes but now when i do File and Webpage preview and click on the tabs the links are dead here is the url i get when i click the tab ( about us , Services Etc) C:\Documents and Settings\user\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\PubWebPagePreview\pub1164.0\godaddy.com_files\Page437.htm how do i get this to its orginal self that Like it used to be C:\Documents and Settings\pinto\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\PubWebPagePreview\pub1164.0\index_files\Page437.htm or have the Tab links active agian...

Help settiing up Out of Office reply in outlook 2K7
Hello All, When I try to set up Out of Office response in Outlook2K7 I get a screen that is different from the Out Of Office dialog box that has option for "I am in the office", and "I am out of the office" You also get a box to put you auto reply message in. This is not the screen that I see in the Office help to set up Out of Office replies. Could someone assit me in setting the auto reply up? The settings I put in so far do not generate an auto reply when I test mail to it. Thanks for any ideas MMJII > When I try to set up Out of Office response in Outlook2K...

Formula help required
I have 3 conditions score divided into 3 parts 50, 75 and 100 % If score in cell = > 27 then -3 If score in cell = >26<36 = -2 If score in cell = >18<27 = -1 My formula =IF(F48>27,"-3",IF(F48>=26<36,"-2",IF(F48<=18<27,"-1"))) If score in cell is > 27 shows false Please advise Cordially Beena K Process Analst Your conditions are a bit ambigous, shouldn't the first criteria be >=37 ? Conditions for the formula below: F48 >=37 result -3 F48 between 26 and 36 result -2 F48 between 18 and 25 result -...

If Function help #2
I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, where both criteria must be met: Z9 must be true and S9 must = COS. Any assistance why this isn't working would be greatly appreciated. =IF(AND(Z9=TRUE,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") Thanks! Hi What is contained in Z9? Maybe you need =IF(AND(Z9,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") -- Regards Roger Govier <mansfieldtw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178309371.607676.90090@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, > where b...

Help! #7
After I change the value of a cell, the reference cell doesn't change accordingly. Any idea how this could happen? Thanks for your help. Jason Hi Jason, Try selecting Options from the Tools menu. Then go to the Calculation tab. Calculation should be set to Automatic. "Jason" wrote: > After I change the value of a cell, the reference cell doesn't change > accordingly. > > Any idea how this could happen? > > Thanks for your help. > > Jason ...

Mass Emailing Help
Ok, here's my question about outlook...kind of complex. I want to send out a mass email....easy enough - just create a group in the address book and send to the group. However, I also want each email to start with "Dear *their name*," ...In other words, I send out an email to 50 different people and - in the actual body of the email's text - it has their first name in a spot I determine. Does that make sense? I currently have the addresses and names I want to send to in the contact list. Regards Vish <vishtodi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132639327.587577.110...

Major Issues.
Hi I am having major problesm with a new installition of exchange, all went well untill one of the techies set the wrong permissions on the Default Global Address book meaning that i could resolve any new poeple as i added them. that is resloved now, but the main Domain Controller we had has died, the two back ups are doing fine with users login on etc but i cant add new mail boxes to exchange, although when i add the mail box it works fine i cant then use outlook to setup the account. i do get a couple errors. Exhcange : Microsoft Exchange System Attendant reported an error '0x8007203...

A little help, prob simple to anyone else
Hi i am a very novice excel user and am wondering if anyone can help me with the problem below ?. Example sheet A B C .......Weld number.....Welded by..... Approved 1............1......................2....................Y 2............2......................1....................N 3............3......................1....................Y 4............4......................2....................Y 5............5......................3....................N The solution would be dependent on the question. I will assume your data is in cells a1:c10000 (...

A little help please :)
Hello, I'm a complete novice when it comes to spreadsheets, so go easy on m please:) . I'm doing a little project, but I need a little help. What I'm trying to do is something like this: =IF(B20>C20 AND D25>C25,A30,B30) However, this doesn't work for whatever reason, is there any way I ca make this work? Thank's in advance, Phil -- phill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- philly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2910 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

Help with writing a macro to create a list
Hi! I've been trying to create a macro for a while but I'm not having much success. Hopefully you guys can help! I have a list of all the orders placed for our product on one tab called "Orders", with a customer number in column B. On a second tab "Clients", you'll be amazed to find out that I have a list of clients (customer number in column B also). I want to write a macro which will create a list containing information on which customers havent ordered anything yet. This list should be on a tab called "Order missing". Basically, I...

Help with Links
Hi, I want to link cells of number of worksheet with a single worksheet which will be the summary of all the worksheet. Right now I am linking the sheets with one cell at a time . Is there a simple way to link all sheets at one go? Kindly guide me in the matter. Thanks. Perhaps this will help: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/sum_the_same_cell_in_multiple_microsoft_excel_worksheets.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "newbie" <jcd@refid.com> wrote in message news:en63L$l1FHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I want to link cells of number of worksh...