made sheet , cant get back to data!

I made a graphic "sheet" and now the graph seems
to Own the world; I can see the 'source data' but
I cannot get back to the original data so I can
sort it before making the chart.

Ack!
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Rick Merrill wrote:
> I made a graphic "sheet" and now the graph seems
> to Own the world; I can see the 'source data' but
> I cannot get back to the original data so I can
> sort it before making the chart.

Ah ha!  I turned it into a piece of the original sheet and
now I can sort the data!

I am using Excel and have made an error.
Hi All, I am new to Excel and am imputing names and addresses. I have made an error and want to undo, but the undo arrow will not work. Is there any other way I can undo something I have done within the program? If CTRL z (or Edit | Undo) don't work then the only other 'undo' option would be to close the file without saving changes and open the last saved version. Kinda drastic but I've done it on occasion. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <77D9E12D-235...

GP Security Report that lists edits made beyond most-recent
During a GPUG.com webinar discussing GP v10 security earlier today, a participant asked if there was a report that listed all modification dates and the user who made the modifications. For example, in SY09100 (Security Roles Master), there are two fields in this table, MDFUSRID & MODIFDT, which record the User ID and Date for the most-recent edits to a Security Role. The participant indicated that he was often asked by his auditors to show ALL edits by date and User ID over a period of time so that the edits could be investigated by the audit firm to comply with regulations (mos...

Buy 2 get 1 50%?
Hello everyone Just a quick question: I am trying to set up discounts in RMS... I would like to use the Mix and Match feature, but I need to do a percentage discount on the item as opposed to a fixed cost discount(last I tried RMS did not allow the % character in it's string value). I need to have items automatically get discounted as they are added to the line, so don't want to Shift-F3 if I can avoid it. Thanks. The only way to do this would to use a custom discout addon. Below is one of the ones that are available. http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/StoreOperations/Mix&M...

How do I create a sheet of labels from an existing recipient list
I want to use an exisiting recipient list of names to create a sheet of labels for each person. I do not want a sheet of one name only. I would also like to be able to preview this page. I can get a view of one name for all 30 labels but this is not what I am after. Being able to see only one name is a known "feature". Print a sheet and see if you get all one name or different ones. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "banne" <banne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41209C...

Is there any way to get OWA 2K3 to remember my domain\user name?
Is there any way to configure OWA so that after a user logins once, future use of OWA loads the same login in the Domain\User Name field? Right now , every time a user launches OWA, that user needs to enter both the user name and password. Is there no way to configure OWA to use a cookie or something to load the last used Domain\User Name? Thanks. Gus I believe that would be more a function of IE on each machine than of OWA. -- Matthew Tisdel South Carolina "Gus" wrote: > Is there any way to configure OWA so that after a user logins once, > future use of OWA loads the s...

Cant install Outlook back up utility
When I try to install the outlook backup utility, I keep getting the error msg." before you can install.............you must install outlook or an office program that includes Outlook". Outlook 2000 is already installed. ...

we will made the payment after the work is fully done

Copy Data to Cells, but Stop at Next Non-Empty Cell
I have a spreadsheet with the following data: Column A Column B 05:00 Item A Item B Item C 07:00 Item A Item B 09:00 Item B Item C Each item corresponds with the time in the same block. What I want to accomplish is have the time move down until it comes to the next time. Shown below: 05:00 Item A 05:00 Item B 05:00 Item C 07:00 Item A 07:00 Item B 09:00 Item B 09:00 Item C So it copies the time down until it comes to the next, non-empty cel...

Get Command
Can anybody tell me what the get command is to list each user and their storage limit settings? Thanks, Jasper Hello Jasper, > Can anybody tell me what the get command is to list each user and > their storage limit settings? > > Thanks, > Jasper Try this: Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited |Seletc-Object Alias, IssueWarningQuota, ProhibitSendQuota, ProhibitSendReceiveQuota, UseDatabaseQuotaDefaults Karl http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/ Not quite. Instead of "Seletc-Object" (sic) you want "Format-Table" or "ft&...

Template getting locked by xls
I'm using a template on a network and occasionally, one remote use seems to be locking the template. (template in use by xxx) Users all click on a template shortcut to open workbook based o template. Only one user has this happen. Any ideas? Ja -- jama ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jamaz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1663 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31994 Hi is this user doing something differently?. e.g. trying to open the template itself? -- Regards Fra...

Avg. All #'s on sheet
Hi there...Anyone know how I could write a formula that will average al #'s on my sheet...The range will have text in it that I want it t ignore. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com nevermind....should have just tried it first. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Comments
Hi all Gurus, is it possible for a user to be able to add comments to a worksheet without unprotecting the sheet in Excel. Thanks. yes is posible. you have to pick 'edit objects' on sheet protction dialog box. "Neil Holden" <NeilHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2C64722-B491-43A9-8328-3C25F3C7F8CB@microsoft.com... | Hi all Gurus, is it possible for a user to be able to add comments to a | worksheet without unprotecting the sheet in Excel. | | Thanks. ...

form validation determines which sheet to add data
Let's say I'm creating a form that a non tech savvy used car dealer uses to enter his newly acquired vehicles to the excel workbook. Each sheet of the workbook is a unique model year of the car. (That would allow him to quickly refer to all vehicles of a given year.) On the input form, I would like validation such that if he selected "2006" from the drop down list of vehicle years, the data from the form would be AUTOMATICALLY be added to sheet "2006", regardless of which sheet is currently showing at the time. What would the code look like? I su...

Primary data files rebalancing
I have inherited a database that has a single mdf of approx 600 gb. I need to break this up to more manageable chunks and to have the ability to spread across multiple predefined Luns. I understand how to add filegroups/files but my dilemma is how to rebalance the load across the files within the filegroup. I have already created a secondary filegroup with a defined file and have moved certain tables to the new filegroup. This new file is on a slower spindle (Lun) and the contained tables are rarely accessed. So far so good. After doing a file shrink on the Primary mdf an...

Keep getting extra transactions in 2005
I have recently upgraded to Money 2005. I initiated the background service for my bank and now my balance is all out of whack. The question I have is what would be the best method to get my Money balance equal to the bank balance and not have it get lost during the next download process. Skip the whole download thing and enter your own transaction data the old-fashioned way? "Bill Spies" <billspies@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1a4b01c4a719$b1e91500$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently upgraded to Money 2005. I initiated the > background service for my bank...

Watermark Image on Sheet
Is it possible to place a 'Watermark' image on a worksheet i.e. Company logo as you can do in Word? Thanks Hi John, In order to print a watermark. Watermark, printing of, Robert Rosenberg. Also Ron de Bruin has a zip file. http://google.com/groups?selm=%23Af%244ZZeAHA.1692%40tkmsftngp02 http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "John" <johndoconnor@yaho...

Data Migration Framework problems
Hi, Sorry to post this again, but I've been looking all over trying to solve this problem but no luck. I'm trying to migrate some data (Accounts, Contacts and Activities) to MS CRM 3.0 using the Data Migration Framework. I succeeded in migrating the Accounts and Contacts and just over 600 out of about 7000 activities (the activities are simple tasks associated with the accounts). I noticed that all the non-migrated activities have status set to "Completed". Moreover, when I change the status of those records to "In Progress" (just to test) some of them succeed. Doe...

Any way to get worksheet name from function?
Is there any way for me to access the name of the current Worksheet tab, to put it into a cell? I need a cell whose name changes based on the name entered on the Worksheet tab. Thanks, Colin Copied from Bob Phillips' site........note: leave the "filename" as is. Do not substitute your file name. File path, file and worksheet name: =CELL("filename",A1) File path only: =LEFT(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)-1) File name only: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1),1)+...

Pivot using three sheets
I use Pivot table (Excel 2000) regulary for summarising my data. Now my data is spread over three sheets. How can I include the data from all the three sheets in one pivot table. Because as I understand, the Pivot table can include only values only from one sheet. Please guide me. On the very first step towards creating a pivot table, instead of just hitting next, take a look at the multiple consolidation ranges option. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP -----------------------------------...

HELP: Sheet embedded comboboxes
Hi all, I am assisting somebody with their excel project and they have a sheet with comboboxes in it. When a value is selected, it populates cells underneath, however when the data is freshly loaded, the cell underneath is given the value but the combobox does not update to this value. I have tried to click on the box to edit it, however no matter how many times i click i cannot seem to get it to recognise i've clicked. In other words, the resizing box does not come up and i have no right-click menu. All i can do is select from the drop down list without any editing of the proper...

Is it possible to conditionaly format based on the data label?
I've been searching this board to find an answer and all the post (so far) are helpful but they don't quite get me to where I need to be. That said... I have a 3d plain Jane bargraph. The data is linked to cells, and I physically change the graph at the begining of every month( add to the data series). When I add the new data the series points may change but the individual bars do change color. Long story longer...How can I keep the series the same format (keep"defective equipment" for Feb - June blue) through out the graph no matter what changes are made. I wou...

Excel prob = Compile error cant find project or library
when i open excel 2002 on my xp pro pc it opens up with te error Compile error cant find project or library then takes me into the VB, the section it takes me to is talking bout setlanguagestrings? but when you close this screen excel works fine. any help please thanks in advance David Hi, Maybe an add-in with a programming error is bothering you. 1 Tools, Add-ins 2 note which are checked 3 uncheck all (but one) 4 restart XL 5 if no error, check the next one and repeat from step 4 Got the error? uncheck the one you last checked. Not an add-in? It will be a (hidden) workbook t...

sheet tab
I want to increase font size of name 's sheet. What should I do?, Can you help me?,,Pls thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=38f461ab-99f6-47aa-b5ea-15e79e3d27c2&dg=microsoft.p...

can i wrap rows to form multiple rows per row to fit on 1 sheet?
i have a worksheet with very long rows (a to cf). For printing i would like to wrap the rows to fit on a single page, and then seperate each set with a space. I would also like to wrap the headers too, of course. is this possible? Say you're creating 10 columns per new row. So it kind of looks like this: $A$1 $B$1 $C$1 $D$1 $E$1 $F$1 $G$1 $H$1 $I$1 $J$1 $K$1 $L$1 $M$1 $N$1 $O$1 $P$1 $Q$1 $R$1 $S$1 $T$1 $U$1 $V$1 $W$1 $X$1 $Y$1 $Z$1 $AA$1 $AB$1 $AC$1 $AD$1 $AE$1 $AF$1 $AG$1 $AH$1 $AI$1 $AJ$1 $AK$1 $AL$1 $AM$1 $AN$1 $AO$1 $AP$1 $AQ$1 $AR$1 $AS$1 $AT$1 $AU$1 $AV$1 $AW$1 $AX$1 $AY$1 $...

changes made but how do I revert !
When I deleted messages they used to dissapear straight away. Now when I delete a message it has a strike through line but the message remains, although it dissapears after I close outlook. I should also add that I use SPAM Inspector but I think this is an Outlook problem caused by some changes. the moral here is change one thing at a time ! Any ideas from anyone. email address required remove to be removed ! Kind regards Nigel Are you using an IMAP account? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.co...