macro which finds last cell in a column

please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column

thank

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Dim LastRow as Long
LastRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

or if you just want to select it:

Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select

Regards

Trevor

"vikram >" <<vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column
>
> thanks
>

> ---

Trevor9259 (673)

Macro warning with no macros

Where do I find "save as..." in MS Office 2007 ?
Sorry, but I did not found "save as..." menu in Office 2007. I only found in the upper left corner a flopy icon which represent a "save" but not a "save as...." So where is "save as..." (with files selction dialog) hidden in Office 2007? Camille Click the Office button (the round "pizza icon" in the upper left corner of the screen) and then click Save As. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Camille Petersen" <cpet_magnus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4baf94cc$0$6768$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-onlin...

create a formula by using text from other cells
I need to effectively use multiple If/Vlookup functions. i.e. if it's Oranges, Lookup price history in "oranges worksheet". But I have too many categories to search in so this is not possible. So I had another solution, but can't make it work... In this case I am using a VLOOKUP formula and want to use one cell to search on (a1) and another cell to tell it which spreadsheet to search in (Sheet2) i.e. =Vlookup(a1,'[WorkbookData.xlsx](CellA2 i.e.Worksheet Name),2,False) So is there a way to create a formula that uses text from another cell? INDIRECT is yo...

Project Gallery
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In 2004 (on my Tiger machine), the Project Gallery consistently refuses to find documents from this week that I have worked on. I just thought it was a bug. Even though I haven't tested it very much, I find the same problem with Office 2008 on Leopard. Is there a fix for this? I want to be able to find documents I worked on from the week before, the month before, etc. Question--are all documents missing? I find that the Project Gallery never remembers my Excel files, but does fine with my Word files. What about ...

Macro

Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library
I have a spreadsheet containing 7 userforms and 9 modules. The spreadsheet has been developed on the same computer for a number of years and remained stable. However, I now want to make some amendments to one of the userforms. Whenever I make any changes to the UserForm_Initialize statement (even entering a blank space), I get the compile error 'can't find project or library'. Does anyone know why this happens and, more importantly, how to stop it. ...

Macro

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Changing Rows to Columns
Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? Do to a sorting problem in the charts I create, it seems I have to sort the data in the spreadsheet first. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Sure is a way. select & copy your data. then select the cell where you want to re-paste; right-click and select paste special; in the dialog box check "transpose". Ok. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a >spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? D...

Attached Toolbars Macros

VBA Command to Look at cell in an If statement
I need to create a macro in VBA that will look at a specific cell (which contains the result of a lookup formula) in an If statement. Basically it would look at a certian cell, and If that cell had the word "YES", then it would execute a seprate macro. If not, just continue on it merry way. I have tried the following and several variations: Sheets("Print Area").Select Range("BO8:BO8").Select If BO8 = YES Then Call PrintBatch What the program has to do is look at the last entry made in a specific column (hence the use of the Lookup formula in the cell) and...

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

RE: last post about listing e-mail address rather than name.......
That is in Outlook Express 6.0. BTW, is there a separate newsgroup for Outlook Express...I couldn't find one?!!!!! ...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

New SBS2008 domain Outlook won't setup on last two devices: suspect firewall
New site almost finished. Office is a bunch of PhD engiineer types that have to fiddle with stuff. Also they all know MS stuff sucks. Last two workstations (Vista and XP) joined to domain fine. Open Outlook 2007 and it stalls and never sets up profile, error must be connected to server to work! Network fully visible. I believe owner has 'tinkered' with sbs2008 firewall during this time. Need pointer on when next to go. Could firewall change stop the setup? TIA Did you create users with wizards did you connect the PC's with http://connnect is the DHCP server th...

Trend Line constants as Excel Cell Values
I want to put the constants of a 2 degree polynomial trend line into Excel Cells. Are there formula's to do this? Equation is Y = Ax(2) + Bx + C. I want the value of A,B and C in seperate cells. Can anyone suggest how this can be done? Thanks -- Ken Hi Ken, Supposing your x-range is in A2:A10, and y-range in B2:B10, select a 3-column x 1-row area and enter the following formula and confirm with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER. =LINEST(B2:B10,A2:A10^{0,1,2},0,) Regards, B. R. Ramachandran "Ken" wrote: > I want to put the constants of a 2 degree polynomial trend line into Excel &g...

shortcut keys to macros

NAICS Code
Hello, I have a list of NAICS codes formatted as numbers that I would like to format as hierarchical text. Current List 10 12 101 112 Desired List 10 101 112 12 Does anyone know how to change the cell format so that the "Current List" becomes the "Desired List"? Thank you in advance for your help. It looks like you could preformat that column as text and enter your values as text. Then you could sort the data as text. Some versions of excel will ask if you want to sort values that look like numbers as numbers. You should say no to that prompt. And just changing t...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Data Text to Columns
I have a large column and would like to split it for the literal that says "Company Name" and then have the company name right next to it which is enterable. I tried using Data/Text to Columns, Fixed Width, sliding the arrow after Company Name: and it did not seem to split the column. I also tried putting an arrow out a ways so that there looked as though there were two defined fields and that didn't seem to work either. Am I approaching this the right way??? HELP!!! Thanks! Hi this is not possible in Excel. You have to use two columns for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Fr...

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...