Macro to set the row height

I need to set the row height depending on the content of a cell.

If Cell A1 = "x", I want to set rowheight of A to 50, if A1 = y , then I
want to set rowheight of A to 75

I want to repeat this check for 100 rows.

Could many one help please

Many thanks
Derrick

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You need VBA code to do this.  Within Excel, type ALT-F11, which brings
you to the VBA editor.  Then

1. For each sheet that you want this re-row-height to take place, copy
this code to that sheet's code window:

    ReRowHeight ActiveSheet
End Sub

2. Insert a new module (under Worksheet) and paste this code:

Const InterestingRange$ = "$A$1:$A$100"

Sub ReRowHeight(ws As Worksheet)

    Dim r As Range, c As Range

    Set r = ActiveSheet.Range(InterestingRange)
    For Each c In r
        If UCase(Trim(c.Value)) = "X" Then
            c.RowHeight = 50
        ElseIf UCase(Trim(c.Value)) = "Y" Then
            c.RowHeight = 75
        End If
    Next c

End Sub

At this point, every time you make a change to a sheet (where you put
the first bit of code), the procedure will run.  It will go through and
identify each of the values in the interesting range (here, A1:A100),
and, for each X or Y in the range, will re-do the height.  It is NOT
case-sensitive and won't pay attention to leading or trailing spaces.

Good luck,

Micah

Derk wrote:
> I need to set the row height depending on the content of a cell.
>
> If Cell A1 = "x", I want to set rowheight of A to 50, if A1 = y , then I
> want to set rowheight of A to 75
>
> I want to repeat this check for 100 rows.
>
> Could many one help please
>
> Many thanks
> Derrick

0
hirschman (6)

deleting rows #4
In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row disapears but so does the row number then all other rows are moved up is there a way to delete the row and keep the number 5? The row number shouldn't disappear unless you are hiding the row, not deleting it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Doctorpc631" <doctorpc631@aol.com> wrote in message news:e4FaNYV4EHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In microsoft encell 2000 when i delete a row (say row 5) the row > disapears > but s...

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Re Outlook 2003 settings
When I setup my POP3 email account in Outlook 2003, it was automatically setup to connect thru LAN, even though my Internet connection is thru 56k modem--at least right now. I do have a built in LAN, but it is not connected at this time. I want to be able to poll for mail. Should I leave it set to LAN and check the modem box to connect when off line? Currently I manually dial my ISP--settings for dial up in Internet Explorer are set to never dial. Do I change this to always dial or will I end up sometimes having 2 dialers running--one from Network connections and one from Internet ...

Setting default email fonts
We are running Exchange 2003/SP2 and the clients are running Outlook 2003/SP3. Is it possible to change the default fonts that the users see in Outlook on the Exchange server itself? Or it requires us to go to each user's desk to change the fonts? thanks. On Fri, 7 May 2010 08:29:01 -0700, wli2k2 <wli2k2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Exchange 2003/SP2 and the clients are running Outlook 2003/SP3. > >Is it possible to change the default fonts that the users see in Outlook on >the Exchange server itself? Or it requires us to go to e...

Macro

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

OLE notes
Is there somewhere where I can set a preference on where OLE notes are stored for a company using GP 9. Right now, by default, the notes are stored in a folder on the desktop of Windows Servers 2003. Since I have multiple companies running, this is rather untidy. :-) More importantly, because of backup considerations, I want to set the default path to a location in the programs directory. To determine where OLE Notes are stored in Microsoft Dynamics GP, follow these steps: 1. Locate the dex.ini file in the folder where Microsoft Dynamics GP is installed. 2. Double-click the dex.ini f...

Need to set extra hard return
Hi, This must be a very basic thing, but I have been asked to submit a paper with extra hard returns in Word. How do I do this? Can anyone help me out please? Thanks. Viju vijuhegde wrote: > This must be a very basic thing, but I have been asked to submit a > paper with extra hard returns in Word. How do I do this? Can anyone > help me out please? Ask whomever assigned this task to explain this task. Essentially a "hard return" signifies the end of a paragraph. It's simply pressing ENTER. The "soft return" is just a way to start a new line - h...

Changing Rows to Columns
Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? Do to a sorting problem in the charts I create, it seems I have to sort the data in the spreadsheet first. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Sure is a way. select & copy your data. then select the cell where you want to re-paste; right-click and select paste special; in the dialog box check "transpose". Ok. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a >spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? D...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Protected sheets and running macros

Set as primary. Does not keep setting
I am trying to set a user accounts default email from firstname@here.com to lastname@here.com. When I apply the changes and close the properties window and re-open it. The settings are back to firstname@here.com. The users account name is firstname. The user has 2 email addresses listed. Firstname@here.com and lastname@here.com. We are running SBS 2003. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how I can change it. Also is this the correct change that needs to be done so people see the reply to email as lastname@here.com and also in the global addresses? thanks Bill On Tue...

Macro to remove rows?

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Calling on a macro within a macro!

How do I set up inport and export in outlook?
-- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message Nothing at all. Good to hear that you are recovering from your surgery. What was it again? They removed what? "al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AEDE91A-B9C5-48B0-82E5-552F8EC0B8DE@microsoft.com... > Great. How do you post them to everybody? I will have to go soon, but I will figure it out next...

Turn off auto adjust of row heights
I have a complex spreadsheet for my catalogue of products. I have set row heights, fonts and sizes of texts for different rows. Every now and then my row heights are automatically changed by EXCEL. I have turned off word wrap I have locked/protected my sheet. How can I stop EXCEL automatically readjusting row heights at its discretion. Thanks ...

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Inserting Rows
Hi, I have 500+ rows of data that I would like to insert a blank row in between each row. Is there a globabl way of doing it rather than having to click on each row one at a time and then selecting 'insert row'? Thanks Ben Hi Ben have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2pt5r Frank Ben wrote: > Hi, > > I have 500+ rows of data that I would like to insert a > blank row in between each row. Is there a globabl way of > doing it rather than having to click on each row one at a > time and then selecting 'insert row'? > > Thanks > > Ben Thanks...

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...