Macro to insert Hard Space (character 160)?

Hello,

Is there a very simple macro out there that would let me insert character
160 (the hard space) into the current cell? I am looking for something like
this because I want to be able to apply "accountant single" and "accountant
double" underlining to a blank cell, and Excel seems to demand that some
text be IN the cell before it will underline it. The hard space works
perfectly, but it would be nice to be able to automate it.

Many thanks for any advice,

Edward Mendelson

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sub HardSpace()
     ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value & Chr(160)
End Sub

Jerry

Edward Mendelson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a very simple macro out there that would let me insert character
> 160 (the hard space) into the current cell? I am looking for something like
> this because I want to be able to apply "accountant single" and "accountant
> double" underlining to a blank cell, and Excel seems to demand that some
> text be IN the cell before it will underline it. The hard space works
> perfectly, but it would be nice to be able to automate it.
>
> Many thanks for any advice,

0
post_a_reply (1395)
9/18/2004 1:41:24 PM
"Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-mail.com> wrote in message
> Sub HardSpace()
>      ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value & Chr(160)
> End Sub

Jerry -

Many thanks - couldn't be simpler than that, could it?  It looks obvious now
that I know how, but I didn't know how...!

Thanks again!

Edward Mendelson

You are welcome.

Jerry

Edward Mendelson wrote:

> "Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-mail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Sub HardSpace()
>>     ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value & Chr(160)
>>End Sub
>>

> Jerry -
>
> Many thanks - couldn't be simpler than that, could it?  It looks obvious now
> that I know how, but I didn't know how...!
>
> Thanks again!

0
post_a_reply (1395)

Macro warning with no macros

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Macro

Macro

inserting a picture
hi I need your expertise regarding inserting a picture in word 2007. When I hit the office button and go to open then my pictures, pick the picture i want and then click open. After that it brings up the convert file dialogue box and i cant bring up the picture. Can you help me with this problem? Thank you , Joe. Hi, I am not that sure why that problem is happening but i believe that it is having problem importing pictures that are in another format. I want to know a few things: Where did you get the picture? What is its file extension? Make sure that your pictu...

Need to set extra hard return
Hi, This must be a very basic thing, but I have been asked to submit a paper with extra hard returns in Word. How do I do this? Can anyone help me out please? Thanks. Viju vijuhegde wrote: > This must be a very basic thing, but I have been asked to submit a > paper with extra hard returns in Word. How do I do this? Can anyone > help me out please? Ask whomever assigned this task to explain this task. Essentially a "hard return" signifies the end of a paragraph. It's simply pressing ENTER. The "soft return" is just a way to start a new line - h...

Graphics Insert into Publisher Doc.
When ever I insert a graphic into my publisher docs. they appear as a series of dashes around the perimeter of the graphic & across the diagonals of the graphic not the actual graphic I am trying to work with. Can anyone advise of a fix as this is driving me insane. Regards, Longa Do you have detailed display enabled? View, pictures, detailed display... Otherwise you may need to update your graphics/video driver. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If your images appear, then go to the manufacturer...

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Run macro automatically.

Protected sheets and running macros

Cannot insert new rows
I am running excel 2007 and I have 23 worksheets in a workbook. I have no links or hidden rows or colums. My biggest sheet is A1: AW8096. I use VB macros to add lines and move data from one set of workbooks to this one. I have built several sheets using this proceedure. All of a sudden I get the error "Cannot shift objects off sheet" when I run a routine I have 50,000 times. I have checked to make sure there are no hidden comments, row or columns. I have deleted most of the worksheets and I still get the error. I have made copies of the workbook and used different file ...

SQL Statement Insert Into
I need to append data from one table1 to table2 using the field in table3 as the criteria. This field in question is 'account number'. How can I write a sql statement to accomplish this? Troy, What binds the tables? In other words, how are they related to each other? Unless the account number is the same for every entity in Table2? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Troy" <Troy@discussions.mic...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Calling on a macro within a macro!

insert category Id into Items table
Can some please help me how to insert the ID from Category and Department tables into the Items table. I have the does some one have the correct SQL for this Thank you jm can u explain it further? "jm" wrote: > Can some please help me how to insert the ID from Category and Department > tables into the Items table. I have the does some one have the correct SQL > for this > Thank you > jm ...

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Inserting Rows
Hi, I have 500+ rows of data that I would like to insert a blank row in between each row. Is there a globabl way of doing it rather than having to click on each row one at a time and then selecting 'insert row'? Thanks Ben Hi Ben have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2pt5r Frank Ben wrote: > Hi, > > I have 500+ rows of data that I would like to insert a > blank row in between each row. Is there a globabl way of > doing it rather than having to click on each row one at a > time and then selecting 'insert row'? > > Thanks > > Ben Thanks...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

Special characters
Where can I find a list of special characters along with their key strokes for such symbols as "delta" and degrees? I've seen it before but I can't remember where it was. find the small applet/program called "character map" "Lost in Space" <Lost in Space@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4FA3F75-B029-4BB7-B798-18A5BEB5F71F@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a list of special characters along with their key strokes > for such symbols as "delta" and degrees? I've seen it before but I can't > remember whe...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...