Macro to import from a binary file and convert to hex

Excel 97. I have a macro that imports hex and stores the data in a
column. Can this be done with a binary file? Import from a binary file
and convert to hex and store it in a column?

0
a924fan (41)
9/22/2007 11:16:44 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excedl 2003 / How to automize file opening
Hello Everyone below, my issue with excel 2003: When opening my "mainfile.xls", I wish it could open others "datafileS.xls", needed for my calculation within "mainfile.xls". All files are located in the same directory. a. mainfile.xls b. datafile1.xls c. datafile2.xls d. datafile3.xls In "mainfile.xls", I do use function such as INDIRECT("Datafile1.xls.....), to calculate various figures using my data files. My main problem is that if all my "datafileS.xls" are not opened when launching "mainfile.xls", this one cannot ret...

Macro warning with no macros

Best way to play Video files on an Access form?
Hello, My client has an Access front end with an SQL Server back end that will be storing Videos. The client wants to play those videos on an Access form. I know I can use Windows Media Player, but just wondering if anyone has experience doing this that has some insight on what the best way to handle this is. I know Media Player can be a bit of a pig, so if there is a better solution, I would love to hear it. Thanks! Rico ...

Locating a file in excel with a partial file name. #2
I have been runnimg with Office 2000 with which when I go to open a file in excel I am able to enter a partial file name, any part of the file name, to search for the file I wish to open. I am finding in Excel 2002 this function does not apprear to exsit, only the function where it will search for the fille that starts with what your typing will appear once its narrowed it down to the first of a few possible options. I require the ability to be able to just go to the file open icon in excel and on the file name line be able to typr the last few chararacters of a file name to find the ...

Macro

Convert old PPT file
My company recently upgrade the office 2003 to office 2007. It works well for most of the users except one. He had thousands of old powerpoint slides which created around year 1996,1997. By using right click to check the file properties, it shows the the application name is 'Microsoft Powerpoint 4.0' .These file can be opened by powerpoint 2003 but can not being opened by powerpoint 2007. Does anyone have idea how I can bulk convert those files to powerpoint 2003 format? Thanks James Steve has a macro here http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00740.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAl...

Problem importing Eudora mail files
System is running XP Pro / Outlook 2002 SP-2. Trying to import mail files from Eudora lite 5.2. The address book info came over fine, but Outlook 2002 cannot seem to read the Eudora mail files. Keep getting an error message "Cannot access application files. Please check to be sure that program is not being accessed by other applications." ...

Converting minutes to seconds #6
Frank Kabel Wrote: > Hi > what does not work for you in the solutions offered to you? > =MID(M5,1,2)*60 + MID(M5,3,2) Aladin Akyurek Wrote: > =("0:"&SUBSTITUTE(A1,".",":"))*86400 Thanks that works great : -- smith.james ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smith.james0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27641 ...

Outlook 2003 Calendar Import
I copy my companies public folder calendar up to my Mailbox all appointments an stuff inside intact, then I export it as a Comma Separated Values (Windows) file. Then when it is imported into my personal calendar in Outlook 2003, some of the appointments that had lots of information in the notes box at the bottom do not have that information. I have the import replace duplicates when it is imported. I did some testing and noticed if I deleted some of the data in the notes box when re-exported and imported it would have the notes but the formatting would be gone. Is there a size limi...

Importing Outlines
I am using a trial version of Publisher 2007. We have outlines which we want to import into publisher. They are originally done in WordPerfect X3 then saved as Word. When opened in Word the numbers and levels are present. When this file is imported into Publisher the numbers and letters are lost. Our old Publisher 2000 would bring them in if we copied and pasted, but not import file. This is an important feature so is there any way to get a two or three level outline into Publisher 2007 Try this: Import your Word document, click apply a template from the task pane (the blank te...

generating .csv file
Hi, Is there any process (Code) to generate .csv files to all entities in MSCRM at a time. regards, sailaja. I think you are not clear with question. 1. You can export data to .csv file or excel file from any entity 2. You can export customization to .xml file which are enttities list etc. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "sailaja.crm@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > Is there any process (Code) to generate .csv files to all entities in > MSCRM at a ...

Macro

Help with macro/and or formula?

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

File location?
Where are the aspx files stored? http://site/subsite/list/defautl.aspx where would i find that? the reason i ask is when i go to export there are a couple of files that im told access denied. not sure why since im the admin on all levels. Thanks Justin Well, that really depends... mostly your stuff is stored in SQL, which means that its really data in a table cell. However, depending on whether a page has been customized or not it could be pointing to definition files that are stored on the Web Front End servers, and you really want to leave those alone. Furthermore, th...

Run macro automatically.

Attached Toolbars Macros

encoding wmv file
hello I have a sample application developed in MFC dialog based project using directx sdk 9. the sample captures video from a webcam and saves it to a wmv file now i have to put that video into streaming server. i beleive that i will have to encode the wmv file using some codecs to put it into streaming server. i want to do the capturing and encoding simultaneously. below is a portion of my code to capture video // capture video pBuilder->RenderStream(&PIN_CATEGORY_CAPTURE, // Pin category &MEDIATYPE_Video, // Media type p...

File In Use
I am trying to open an excel program that is shared on a network drive. When I go to open it the following message box pops up.... File In Use name.xls is locked for editing by 'user name'. open by 'read only' or click 'notify' to open read-only and receive notification when the document is no longer in use. The user name that it is saying is me and I don't have the file open. Does anyone know why it is saying this or how to fix it? I guess it thinks I have the file open, maybe it didn't close right but I can't figure it out. Thanks Dave ma...

Importing a pst file in Outlook XP
My computer's configuration changed and I had to delete some hard disk partitions. After doing that, when I open Outlook it pops up a window saying "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The file F:\{...}\outlook .pst could not be opened". Then I press OK and then a new pop-up says "Would you like to open your default File System folder instead?" If I press Yes, Outlook opens without (of course) the outlook.pst file. Also, I can't import my pst file neither I can Create a new one. If I press No, Outlook closes. Does anyone know how to open my pst fil...

Protected sheets and running macros

After import/publish customizations, how to restore it back???
Becasue the customizations has some error after import/publish, I'm going to restore the original system customizations. Unless you have a backup of the Metabase, then you need a backup customization XML file. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "CEO" <ceo_uk@msn.com> wrote in message news:E4DC18E6-E1D0-4009-9855-A8160060862F@microsoft.com... Becasue the customizations has some error after import/publish, I'm going to restore the original system customizations. Thanks Matt, it that means if I have the original metabase backup and original customization xml f...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

transfer investment account from one .mny file to another
Hi, I am using Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business version 17.0.150.1415. I use it to keep track of my personal finances in one .mny file, and I use it to keep track of business finances in another .mny file. In the .mny file for my business, I just created an Investment account and added about ten stocks to it. I should have created this in my personal .mny file. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can move this one investment account (and the stocks included in it) from my business .mny file to my personal ..mny file? Thanks in advance, Paul -- Paul Kraemer In m...