Macro to Fomat Excel to .csv File

I have an Excel spreadsheet with contact information I want to import
to a CRM lead system. Current Excel sheet format is all in one column
going down as follows: Company Name, Address, City State Zip (all one
field), Phone number, then empy cell then repeat of 4 cells listed
above. Want to convert to a new .csv file with listing going left to
right on on line as follows (ending up with 6 column fields - 1.
Company Name 2. Address 3. City 4. State 5. Zip 6. Phone

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Thanks.

Kip
0
hmkipp (12)
11/22/2010 5:38:05 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

need help with an excel spreadsheet
I have an excel spreadsheet where questions are answered in one area, and the answers show up on a form in another area of the sheet that gets printed. Instead of printing, how can I either email the print area or have just the print area saved as a file? And, with a macro, can the new file be named automatically by what's in a particular cell? Thanks, Russ You don't say whether the recipient would need to edit the data. If not, there are numerous programs available (free, shareware and commercial) which enable print output to be stored as a PDF file. Another option would be to c...

Macro warning with no macros

Convert old PPT file
My company recently upgrade the office 2003 to office 2007. It works well for most of the users except one. He had thousands of old powerpoint slides which created around year 1996,1997. By using right click to check the file properties, it shows the the application name is 'Microsoft Powerpoint 4.0' .These file can be opened by powerpoint 2003 but can not being opened by powerpoint 2007. Does anyone have idea how I can bulk convert those files to powerpoint 2003 format? Thanks James Steve has a macro here http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00740.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAl...

saving the history of recently used excel documentsto another comp
Reimaging a computer and wanting to know if I can export the excel history to the new image. Most files are on the network and not sure where they are, don't want to remap them all If you're referring to the files listed at the bottom of the File menu you'd have to run the Regedit program and go to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files replacing the "11.0" with your Excel version if different. Then you would have to right click on the Recent Files folder and Export it. After the reimage you would double-click the resultin...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Macro

Macro

File location?
Where are the aspx files stored? http://site/subsite/list/defautl.aspx where would i find that? the reason i ask is when i go to export there are a couple of files that im told access denied. not sure why since im the admin on all levels. Thanks Justin Well, that really depends... mostly your stuff is stored in SQL, which means that its really data in a table cell. However, depending on whether a page has been customized or not it could be pointing to definition files that are stored on the Web Front End servers, and you really want to leave those alone. Furthermore, th...

Excel separator pages
When printing multiple copies of a spreadsheet if it is set to collate I get multiple separator pages 1 for each copy, if I turn off the collate option, I only get 1 separator page. Can this be adjusted in any way so I don't get multiple separator pages even when I use the default collate option?? ...

Run macro automatically.

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

Help with macro/and or formula?

encoding wmv file
hello I have a sample application developed in MFC dialog based project using directx sdk 9. the sample captures video from a webcam and saves it to a wmv file now i have to put that video into streaming server. i beleive that i will have to encode the wmv file using some codecs to put it into streaming server. i want to do the capturing and encoding simultaneously. below is a portion of my code to capture video // capture video pBuilder->RenderStream(&PIN_CATEGORY_CAPTURE, // Pin category &MEDIATYPE_Video, // Media type p...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Importing a pst file in Outlook XP
My computer's configuration changed and I had to delete some hard disk partitions. After doing that, when I open Outlook it pops up a window saying "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The file F:\{...}\outlook .pst could not be opened". Then I press OK and then a new pop-up says "Would you like to open your default File System folder instead?" If I press Yes, Outlook opens without (of course) the outlook.pst file. Also, I can't import my pst file neither I can Create a new one. If I press No, Outlook closes. Does anyone know how to open my pst fil...

Protected sheets and running macros

Saving in 2003 Excel
I am currently taking Excel 2002 in college. The software I have loaded is 2003 but my Professor is running 2002. Can someone tell me how ot save in 2003 so the Professor can read in 2002? Hi Terry! Just save normally. You version challenged Professor will be able to open it. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. Same file format, no problems.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Terry" <our.email@fuse.net> wrote in message news:384d...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Remoting and File Size Limit
Hello Group: I have been directed to ask this question in this group. If this is the incorrect forum: please let me know. We have a web-app that uses remoting to access some components. XML from the web page is sent to these components and a value is returned. We have noticed that on one server: this works great, but on two other servers, after the XML gets to be bigger than 4KB, the XML gets truncated and as a result: the process fails. We feel failrly confident this is some server issue / setting and not really a coding issue however are totally clueless on where to look to make ...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

How do I create a "dartboard" chart in Excel?
How do I create a chart that looks like a dartboard, i.e. it works like a radar chart, but is round and with the ability to colour different "rings" to represent different bands of scores? Try a Donut chart. This will give you the rings, and you can make 20 segments in each ring to build up the wedges. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Simon Davis" <Simon Davis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:779E3583-AD32-48B1-BAA8-D1C072CEC36F@microsoft.com... > How do I create a ...

Opening PDF files from outlook
I have windows 7. My outlook will not open pdf files with adobe, how can I fix this? Thanks! Adobe reader is installed? The err msg would be? "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261EB01E-3C1E-4043-9000-ABB048018768@microsoft.com... >I have windows 7. My outlook will not open pdf files with adobe, how can I > fix this? > > Thanks! > Wild guess, but see: http://www.pretentiousname.com/adobe_pdf_x64_fix/index.html "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261EB01E-3C...

Excel as Attendance Tracker
Merry Christmas Everyone!! I've posted this on another board - got lots of views but no responses so I'm hoping Santa will be good to me and someone reading this thread will have an answer. We have 100+ employees. We need to track PTO, Vacation in hours and then also log other instances of time away from work (f= fmla, t=travel, c=comp time, h=work at home). However these "other instances" do not need to be tracked in terms of hours used. The only suggestion that came on the other board was to have 3 rows per employee - not a good solution. My solution so far has been t...

Save as .exe file
I've developed a program using Microsoft Excel 2003 with Visual Basic Editor. How can I save the program as .exe file so that a user doesn't have to open Microsoft Excel and VBE to execute the program? Any ideas? Thank you soo much I don't think your problem is as complicated as it seems, but I can't tell. You need to better explain what this program is supposed to do, and what you expect the user to do to initiate the running of the program. rixanna wrote: > I've developed a program using Microsoft Excel 2003 with Visual Basic > Editor. > How can I save th...