Macro/security problems

Hi Im trying to help a user here with a problem in excel 2003.
He is getting error messages when trying to open excel files telling
him the security level is too high etc. I tried
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291206/EN-US on his computer but no
dice. He is able to open the documents but data in them are
missing...any ideas?
0
galldrian (3)
11/3/2004 7:50:15 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Do you have access to xl97, xl2k, or xl2002?

Maybe you could try opening the workbook in one of them to see if there really
is any data there?

You may want to try OpenOffice.  If the file is corrupted, OpenOffice may be
able to open it.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

(And if the file is corrupted and is really important, there are commercial
recovery services.  I've never used it, but you might want to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@netscape.com

Macro warning with no macros

Atom Z530 + US15W/SCH. USB problems with "Unified BSP v2.4 for Intel Architecture"
Hello, I'm trying to use "Platform Support Package for Microsoft Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0 supporting Intel Chipsets ver 2.4", to create our Windows CE 6.0 image. There are a lot of problems with the USB ports that are not present under other OSes (for example XP). Some USB device is not detected at boot. After this error, the port is not available for hot-plugging other devices. Unfortunately, if I just just use the debug version of the UHCI or EHCI drivers, the problems disappear! So, is anybody using this BSP? Are there differences between US15W UHCI ports and ...

Picture toolbar problem
Everytime I select a picture in Publisher 2003, the picture toolbar pops up, often in a location that hides what I'm working on. I would like for the picture toolbar NOT to appear unless I request it. How can I make that change? Thanks! -- Cindy Elongate the toolbar and dock it to the bottom or top of your screen. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Cindy M." <someone@example.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:D18FC94C-F127-45A3-9405-87534A1D85F9@microsoft.com... > Everytime I select a pictu...

Macro

Archive Problem
Dear All I work for an organisation that works in the dark ages. We use Outlook 98 (8.5.5603.0) with a basic build of NT4 (Service pack 6). When we use the archive functunality from the file menu we find that on some emails earlier than the date specified are not archived to the desired folder. I do not work for IT and cannot update service packs for outlook. Can anyone advise me what could be wrong? Was this a bug in this version. Sometimes some files would be archived and not all. What date is used? Is it the object's creation date? It makes no difference whether you have t...

Macro

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Social Security
In the Lifetime Planner function, I do not see any allowance for Social Security income down the road. The Help function describes how Money would figure the amount, but if you go into the individual year description it does not any social security payments, well past age 70. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks for any help. I set up my Social Security Income in "Other Income" and it shows up in future years. I double click on any of the vertical bars and it shows up in the "Inflows" section of the resultant table. -- Joe Norton "Glendar" <...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Protected sheets and running macros

Exchange 2k rights problem
Hi I am a novice in regards to Exchange but have now inherited a Exchange 2k server. I am in the process of migrating from Win2k servers/AD to win2k3 Domain. As I have a more knowledge of Exchange 2k3, i want to migrate everything including the mail server to 2003. In doing so I have come across a problem with the Win2k exchange server. I can not assign rights. Domain admins and administrators are denied and this in inherited. The problem is that I can not find the account which has set the rights, when I go to the security tab I get the message " unable to display security infor...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Calling on a macro within a macro!

Please Help Me Secure My Form Results!!!
I have a FP 2003 form on a SSL page that contains confidential information. I would like to send it to a password protected page that my other employees can access with a unique username/password and then print the form results. I currently send it to the _private folder in formatted text– but I am the only one who can access it-- through FP. I tried to setup a subsite – but the Browse button in FrontPage Form Results does not see the subsite. I have tried other forums and paid for advice from “experts” on other sites – but no one seems to be able to tell me exactly how this ...

Problem using "Update retirement account" in Money 2005
I'm having trouble updating my 401k account using "Update retirement account" for my end of 2004 statement. There is one specific investement that produces the following error: "... will cause the balance of 'xx' held in this investment account to become negative at some point. Please cancel or revise the transaction." If I try to do the "Dividend" and the "Buy" transactions manually then I get the following error when I try to do the "Dividend" transaction: "You have not purchased 'xx' in this Investment Account...

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...

Symantec Mail Security 4.5
Just installed mail security 4.5 and works fine except when I got to spam statistics I get the error message: "Spam statistics are not available. Administrative privileges are required." When going into by dcl or domain. I am accessing it as a Admin. This is a Exchange 2000 + Win 2000 box. smold@pdsnet.co.uk wrote in news:cdoa56$qr3@odah37.prod.google.com: > Just installed mail security 4.5 and works fine except when I got to > spam statistics I get the error message: > > "Spam statistics are not available. Administrative privileges are > required." &...