Macro or button to pop up printer message!?

Hello I would like to enable a button or macro that i can easily set up
so that everytime i change a value from a cell the printer message pops
up saying "If i want to print"......can this be done using a macro
without programming?

Thanks for your time
From John

--
Neo1
Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

John, I think you would need to use a worksheet change event for that,
something like this, put in sheet code, right click on the sheet tab and
paste the code in the window that opens

'will bring up the message box when you change the data in A1
If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then

Msg = "Do You Want To Print This Sheet"
Title = "Print ?"
Response = MsgBox(Msg, vbYesNo + vbQuestion, Title)

'if you click no, exit sub
If Response = vbNo Then
Exit Sub
End If

'if you click yes print the sheet
ActiveSheet.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=False
End If

End Sub

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Neo1" <Neo1.23gbda_1140310200.6496@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Hello I would like to enable a button or macro that i can easily set up
> so that everytime i change a value from a cell the printer message pops
> up saying "If i want to print"......can this be done using a macro
> without programming?
>
> Thanks for your time
> From John
>

> --
> Neo1
> Neo1's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514069

Do you really want this every time. It will get really annoying, I would
have thought more selection messaging would be better.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Paul B" <to_much_spam_to_list@nospam.com> wrote in message
> John, I think you would need to use a worksheet change event for that,
> something like this, put in sheet code, right click on the sheet tab and
> paste the code in the window that opens

> 'will bring up the message box when you change the data in A1
> If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
> If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
>
> Msg = "Do You Want To Print This Sheet"
> Title = "Print ?"
> Response = MsgBox(Msg, vbYesNo + vbQuestion, Title)
>
> 'if you click no, exit sub
> If Response = vbNo Then
> Exit Sub
> End If
>

> 'if you click yes print the sheet
> ActiveSheet.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=False
> End If
>
> End Sub
>

> --
> Paul B
> Always backup your data before trying something new
> Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it
> Feedback on answers is always appreciated!
> Using Excel 2002 & 2003
>
> "Neo1" <Neo1.23gbda_1140310200.6496@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message

> > Hello I would like to enable a button or macro that i can easily set up
> > so that everytime i change a value from a cell the printer message pops
> > up saying "If i want to print"......can this be done using a macro
> > without programming?
> >
> > Thanks for your time
> > From John
> >

> > --
> > Neo1
> > Neo1's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329
> > View this thread:

bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/19/2006 11:32:08 AM
Yeah true, but what do you mean but selection messaging?

From John

--
Neo1
Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514069

Thing is I can't include any sort of programming in the spreadsheet
model..isnt there another way to make this message pop up? what is
selection messaging

Thanks
From John

--
Neo1
Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514069

That would still be code, but targeted at particular instances, time, or
some other criteria.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Neo1" <Neo1.23hqam_1140376200.45@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Thing is I can't include any sort of programming in the spreadsheet
> model..isnt there another way to make this message pop up? what is
> selection messaging
>
> Thanks
> From John
>

> --
> Neo1
> Neo1's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30329
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=514069

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Macro warning with no macros

POP'ing AOL Mail With Outlook Express 6.0
I have just finished setting up Outlook Express to POP my AOL mail and for some reason it downloaded 13,800+ archived emails, -that was ok, but then after they all downloaded and waited over two hours for them I clicked the Send/Received button again to check for any new email that may have arrived while waiting and again all 13,800+ emails started downloading again. Could anyone tell me why this is happening and how to make it stop sending the same emails over and over..? Thank you in advance, Elaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff Email Client Outlook Express 6.0 Windows XP H...

Macro

Stupid 'Copy' button
Hi, Why does RMS preserve quantity and commited values & serial numbers (amongst others) when you are use the 'copy' function for setting up a new code - this is crazy!!!! Is there an SQL script available I can use to set the correct committed values for any items which have been created by the 'copy' button? I am going to have to tell the customer perform a physical inventory to get the quantity on hand values correct - but committed is more important to fix straight away as they use this for ordering purposes. Can anyone help me? Regards, Jason. ...

Macro

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Pop Up Box #2
This code compares a cell value to other cells in the same row and gives pop up if it is a dup. Can this be modified to compare a cell value to existing work sheet names? Thanks! Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, _ Rows(2)) Is Nothing Then If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf( _ Rows(2), "=" & Target.Value) > 1 Then MsgBox "Please enter a unique value." Target.ClearContents Target.Select End If ...

Attached Toolbars Macros

"Action canceled" message when clicking on a link in HTML email

File In Use
I am trying to open an excel program that is shared on a network drive. When I go to open it the following message box pops up.... File In Use name.xls is locked for editing by 'user name'. open by 'read only' or click 'notify' to open read-only and receive notification when the document is no longer in use. The user name that it is saying is me and I don't have the file open. Does anyone know why it is saying this or how to fix it? I guess it thinks I have the file open, maybe it didn't close right but I can't figure it out. Thanks Dave ma...

Protected sheets and running macros

Selecting a printer
I have a small macro that is attached to a print button on sheet 1 that prints the graphs on sheet 2. My problem is that I wish to print to a printer that is not the default printer. Can the printer be selected automatically when the macro runs. This is what I have in the macro at present and the name of the printer is " Sub Print_Graphs() Sheets("Graphs").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True Sheets("Data Sheet").Select Range("B18").Select End Sub try this WITHOUT selecting the sheet Application.Act...

Shaded buttons
As I recall, I used to be able to give my buttons a special effect that made them look raised -- there was shading. I don't seem to be able to do that with buttons any more. Am I just crazy? Was that only in VB world? Using Access 2007, by the way "So Call Me Crazy" <SoCallMeCrazy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > As I recall, I used to be able to give my buttons a special effect that made > them look raised -- there was shading. I don't seem to be able to do that > with buttons any more. Am I just crazy? Was that only in VB world? There's...

Manual check payment (apply button grayed out)
Hi all, This is probably an easy fix but i can figure it out. I'm trying to enter a manual check payment but when i select the vendor the Apply button is unavailable. The company has a functional curreny of USD, the vendor and checkbook id are in GBP. The company has access to GBP currency. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. On May 27, 12:42=A0am, rev1976 <keviny...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > This is probably an easy fix but i can figure it out. I'm trying to enter= a manual check payment but when i select the vendor the Apply button is un= ava...

Macro to remove rows?

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Generic message
Hi everybody, I would like to know how modify the genec error message ...

POP Report
hi i hope someone can help me with my problem... i'd like to know if it is possible to show who approved a purchase order... ive been trying to get this done on the POP Purchase Order Other Form Report but i've not been able to do it so far... Thanks in advance Hoquee, You will not be able to include this information via standard Report Writer table relationships as the POA_Ctrl table (POA40003) that contains the Purchase Order approval information is located in the Purchase Order Enhancements dictionary. You will need to use Report Writer and VBA to link in the information ...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

Message Received Since Installing XP SP2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C492A4.15722330 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know what the below messages mean. I receive the messages = when trying to connect to my e-mail via Outlook Express or Outlook, = respectively. When I first bring up my machine, the POP3 interface = works fine. Then, in the middle of the day, I start receiving the below = messages indicating that it cannot connect - - and I can no longer = access e-mail. If I reboot my system, all is oka...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Reminider messages
I recently had to recover my .pst file due to it exceeding the 2gig limit. With the new .pst file that was created every email in my inbox get assigned automatically a reminder. Everytime I open Outlook I get a million reminder pop ups for every email in my inbox. Does anyone know how to stop this or do I have to build another .pst file. ...

Macro that password protects a sheet