it works, but
it runs *very*  slowly

Any suggestions to speed it up?

Thank you
============================

Sub InsertBlankRows()
'
' InsertBlankRows Macro
' Macro recorded 13 12 2007 by Consultant
'
'
For nn = 1 To 10

    Selection.EntireRow.Insert
    ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0).Select

Next nn

End Sub
===============================
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

PS: "very slow" = about 6 seconds for each loop!
my machine has 2GB of RAM and runs many other,
much more complicated macros a lot faster . . .

On Dec 15, 10:49 am, Ron.Wink...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi to All,
>
> I made the following very simple macro
> saved it in Personal.xls
> it works, but
> it runs *very*  slowly
>
> Any suggestions to speed it up?
>
> Thank you
> ============================
>
> Sub InsertBlankRows()
> '
> ' InsertBlankRows Macro
> ' Macro recorded 13 12 2007 by Consultant
> '
> '
> For nn = 1 To 10
>
>     Selection.EntireRow.Insert
>     ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0).Select
>
> Next nn
>
> End Sub
> ===============================

I'm not sure if this will help, but it shouldn't take long to test.

Saved from a previous post.

If you can see the pagebreak dotted lines, then excel will slow down.
If you're in View|Page break preview mode, then excel will slow down.

Turning off .screenupdating and changing the .calculationmode to manual may help
speed things up:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

    Dim CalcMode As Long
    Dim ViewMode As Long

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False

    CalcMode = Application.Calculation

    ViewMode = ActiveWindow.View
    ActiveWindow.View = xlNormalView

    'your code here

    'put things back to what they were
    Application.Calculation = CalcMode
    ActiveWindow.View = ViewMode
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
0

Sub inserteveryotherrow()
For i = 10 To 2 Step -1
Rows(i).Insert
Next i
End Sub
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
<Ron.Winkley@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi to All,
>
> I made the following very simple macro
> saved it in Personal.xls
> it works, but
> it runs *very*  slowly
>
> Any suggestions to speed it up?
>
> Thank you
> ============================
>
> Sub InsertBlankRows()
> '
> ' InsertBlankRows Macro
> ' Macro recorded 13 12 2007 by Consultant
> '
> '
> For nn = 1 To 10
>
>    Selection.EntireRow.Insert
>    ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0).Select
>
> Next nn
>

> End Sub
> ===============================

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Macro

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Run macro automatically.

Protected sheets and running macros

IE7, Vista Business, very slow responese on showing some views
Hi, I have a strange problem - MSCRM 3.0 works fine on XP, but on Vista sometimes shows (in 50%) first 250 items and than IE7 freeze for 3-4 minutes. I can't do anything on that view and after that it works again. Other programs on that PC work without problem. It looks like that IE is waiting to server to send the final end. In meantime all other clients (XP) work flawless. Again, it is a brand new PC with all patches (I hope) and problem is only on Vista. Hi, I have the same problem, but with IE7 and XP! After showing first 250 (and then I tried also only 100) leads, accounts et...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

excel open files very slow
The problem i'm having happens usually when stop using excell for about 5 minutes or so i still have the application open but when come back to finish what i was working on it just take forever to close, by the same token now i need to open another file it take forever to open. some time to resolve the problem i have to reboot the machine. by the way the files i always open are on the server. can some body help on this issue. thanks Henry ...

Outlook slow to open...
Having just wiped out & re-installed everthing, I am curious why Outlook would take several minuites to open up. The computer is a 950 Athalon with 256MB of ram. The pst is about 1.3GB. Well, that machine is not exactly a powerhouse and 256MB of RAM is pretty lean for Outlook, especially with a PST file that large. Do you have a desktop search tool (Google? Yahoo? MSN? Copernic?) installed? What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...

Run multiple Macros or macros from within other macros ?
I would like to run multiple macros at startup. What code should be used in the Private Sub Application_Startup command in the ThisOutlookSession area ? If the names of my macros were below what would the code to look like ? Macro1 Macro2 Macro3 I have looked at the samples from previous posts and cannot determine how to make them apply specifically to my needs. In Excel you can use the Run "Macro1" line and it would run that macro. Run does not work in Outlook I suppose because I kept getting an error. **** Also - What code is needed to execute a macro from w...

Startup macro
Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is opening. I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic started. Zeno option explicit sub auto_Open() call yourspecificmacronamehere end sub Zeno wrote: > > Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is > opening. > I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic > started. > > Zeno -- Dave Peterson ...

Macro Question #8
Hi: I have a group of several files with a simple macro that automatically goes to a specific worksheet at the time the file is opened. The code is as follows: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets ("TITLE").Select Range ("a1").Select End Sub The macro works properly when a single file is opened, but when I try to open several of the files at the same time I get the following error message: Run Time Error 1004 Select method of Worksheet Class Failed All of the files do open, but the macro appears to run on only the first file selected. All of the other files open ...

Slow pasting from Outlook 2002
Recently I have encountered a problem with Outlook 2002 that I have been unable to resolve. Outlook 2002 (10.6856.6858) SP3 is installed on Windows XP (5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600) Whenever I copy text to the clipboard from a contact, appointment, or other form in Outlook, pasting that text into any OTHER application is extremely slow. Task Manager shows that Outlook takes most of the processor cycles for several seconds beginning when I execute the Paste command, and ending when the text appears in the receiving application. I have not observed any comparable sl...

macros #29
I am trying to remove dup rows in an excel spreadsheet, but my macro only deletes the dup out of the first column, not the whole row and moves up the next item to replace what it deleted. Any suggestions post the macro here. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It's easier to work from the bottom towards the top (just in case you're not doing it now). And you can do this kind of thing to get rid of a row: rows(i).delete cells(i,1).entirerow.delete But it's difficult to guess without seeing your code. Dorothea wrote: > > I am trying to remove dup ro...

MACRO AUTORUN
HI EVRYONE, ON ONE OF MY EXCEL SHEETS I HAVE MACRO RUNNING. WHENEVER I OPEN THE FILE, IT SAID CLICK TO DISABLE OR ALLOW. I DID NOT ADD ANY MACRO, I CAN'T FIND ANY MACRO IN THE SPREAD SHEET (TOOLS, MACRO). IF I COPY PASTE AND SAVE ON ANOTHER DOCUMENT, SAME THING. IF I SEND TO A COLLEGUE AND OPENS IT, SAME BLOODY MACRO. HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS MACRO. THANKS -- Chich See http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "b52shut" <b52shut@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9D2BF73D-4F4D-4F...