Macro automatic run at open

Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook
is open?

Thanks

Francesco

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this,

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
MsgBox "It Works!"
End Sub

To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and
pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will
open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the
window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this
window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you open
the workbook. If you are using  excel 2000 or newer you may have to change
the macro security settings to get the macro to run. To change the security
settings go to tools, macro, security, security level and set it to medium

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Francesco" <francesco.drago@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message
> Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a
workbook
> is open?
>
> Thanks
>
> Francesco

Excedl 2003 / How to automize file opening
Hello Everyone below, my issue with excel 2003: When opening my "mainfile.xls", I wish it could open others "datafileS.xls", needed for my calculation within "mainfile.xls". All files are located in the same directory. a. mainfile.xls b. datafile1.xls c. datafile2.xls d. datafile3.xls In "mainfile.xls", I do use function such as INDIRECT("Datafile1.xls.....), to calculate various figures using my data files. My main problem is that if all my "datafileS.xls" are not opened when launching "mainfile.xls", this one cannot ret...

Macro warning with no macros

automatic away reply
How do I set up an automatic away from the office reply. Tools/Out of Office Assistant. It will give you the option to create a message etc. Assumes you are an Outlook client on a network. (Some people don't realize that; if you are an Outlook stand- alone client, you won't see the "out of office" wizard.) >-----Original Message----- >How do I set up an automatic away from the office reply. >. > Correction, assumes you are on a network AND use Exchange server. Exchange is required for this to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to ...

Macro

Macro

Automatic AR Aging
Just curious if anyone knows the rationale for having to manually run Aging for Receivables in GP. I have never understood why no automatic Receivables Aging is available in GP. I've never run across a customer that had a preference for being able to Age Manually. Why would a company ever NOT want to automatically age their Receivables documents? Jill Jill, I believe the rationale is this: There may be times when you want to send a customer statement as of a particular date, say the end of the month. But what happens if you're printing the September statements today? With...

Attached Toolbars Macros

How to Stop Worksheet_Change event from running during code execution
I'm sorry If I've asked this before but I can't find an answer to it. I have the following 2 events in a worksheet module.... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) I run some codes, either in UserForms or general procedures that make changes to this worksheet. Q. Is there a way to by-pass those two events somehow? As an example I have a uf that comes up if a cell is selected in that sheet. So I need those worksheet_Change events to work at that point. But then, the uf does some stuff like inputing ...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro to remove rows?

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

opening report from form with variable recordsource
I am opening a report from a form in designview while changing the recordsource. (see code below) This works well, the report opens with the appropriate data source but when I am closing the report wiht the "close" button (print preview toolbar), it opens in design view. This does not happen when I close the report with the "close window" x on the right side of the menu bar? Anybody an idea how to make it work from the close button as well? Me.application.Echo False Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Rpt1010_FinancialOverviewByMonth_Graph" ...

OUTLOOK 2000 WONT OPEN, IT FREEZERS
I HAVE BEEN USING OUTLOOK SUCCESSFULLY BUT NOW IT WONT OPEN, IT JUST FREEZERS. I HAVE TRIED REPAIR IN ADD PROGRAMS. Search for and rename the file OUTCMD.DAT. You may have to uncheck the options that hide hidden files in Windows Explorer through Tools | Folder Options | View WIth that file renamed, restart Outlook... does it open? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "KEV" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cef01c3c0be$...

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...

Run multiple Macros or macros from within other macros ?
I would like to run multiple macros at startup. What code should be used in the Private Sub Application_Startup command in the ThisOutlookSession area ? If the names of my macros were below what would the code to look like ? Macro1 Macro2 Macro3 I have looked at the samples from previous posts and cannot determine how to make them apply specifically to my needs. In Excel you can use the Run "Macro1" line and it would run that macro. Run does not work in Outlook I suppose because I kept getting an error. **** Also - What code is needed to execute a macro from w...

Startup macro
Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is opening. I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic started. Zeno option explicit sub auto_Open() call yourspecificmacronamehere end sub Zeno wrote: > > Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is > opening. > I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic > started. > > Zeno -- Dave Peterson ...

IE opens with "about:blank" url when I run my solution
Ever since I installed IE8 it opens with "about:blank" url when I run my solution. I close that instance and another instance opens that runs OK. I figured when that first happened that MS would soon fix it but to my knowledge they haven't. Is that correct or am I missing something or doing something wrong? Thank ...