macro #6

Hi
how can I convert a field that has an ' before the number, for example
'4578 i would like to convert it to 4578
Greg

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Greg,

For a VBA solution, try:

'=============>>
Public Sub DeleteApostrophes()
    Dim WB As Workbook
    Dim SH As Worksheet
    Dim rCell As Range

    Set WB = Workbooks("YourBook.xls") '<<===== CHANGE
    Set SH = WB.Sheets("Sheet1")       '<<===== CHANGE
    Set rng = SH.Range("A1:A20")       '<<===== CHANGE

    For Each rCell In rng
        If rCell.PrefixCharacter = "'" Then
            rCell.Value = rCell.Value
        End If
    Next rCell

End Sub
'<<=============

---
Regards,
Norman

"greg" <fernandes.gregory@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> how can I convert a field that has an ' before the number, for example
> '4578 i would like to convert it to 4578
> Greg

0
normanjones (1047)
5/23/2006 11:37:40 AM
Try left-click on an empty unused cell, then left-click the Format Painter
icon in the upper toolbar, then left-click on the target cell(s)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"greg" wrote:

> Hi
> how can I convert a field that has an ' before the number, for example
> '4578 i would like to convert it to 4578
> Greg

0
CLR (807)
5/23/2006 11:46:02 AM
I like this technique:

Select an empty cell
edit|Copy
select the range of offending cells
edit|Paste special|check Add

--

Dave Peterson
0

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Norman Jones" wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> For a VBA solution, try:
>
> '=============>>
> Public Sub DeleteApostrophes()
>     Dim WB As Workbook
>     Dim SH As Worksheet
>     Dim rCell As Range
>
>     Set WB = Workbooks("YourBook.xls") '<<===== CHANGE
>     Set SH = WB.Sheets("Sheet1")       '<<===== CHANGE
>     Set rng = SH.Range("A1:A20")       '<<===== CHANGE
>
>     For Each rCell In rng
>         If rCell.PrefixCharacter = "'" Then
>             rCell.Value = rCell.Value
>         End If
>     Next rCell
>
> End Sub
> '<<=============
>

> ---
> Regards,
> Norman
>

> "greg" <fernandes.gregory@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > how can I convert a field that has an ' before the number, for example
> > '4578 i would like to convert it to 4578
> > Greg

0
CLR (807)

POP'ing AOL Mail With Outlook Express 6.0
I have just finished setting up Outlook Express to POP my AOL mail and for some reason it downloaded 13,800+ archived emails, -that was ok, but then after they all downloaded and waited over two hours for them I clicked the Send/Received button again to check for any new email that may have arrived while waiting and again all 13,800+ emails started downloading again. Could anyone tell me why this is happening and how to make it stop sending the same emails over and over..? Thank you in advance, Elaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff Email Client Outlook Express 6.0 Windows XP H...

FRX 6.7 SP2 and Windows Server 2003 SP1
FRX 6.7 SP2 stops working when Windows Server 2003 SP1 (Updates has been installed. Is FRX 6.7 compatible with Windows Server 2003 SP1. Has someone encountered this issue before. Thanks Elmer ...

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Converting minutes to seconds #6
Frank Kabel Wrote: > Hi > what does not work for you in the solutions offered to you? > =MID(M5,1,2)*60 + MID(M5,3,2) Aladin Akyurek Wrote: > =("0:"&SUBSTITUTE(A1,".",":"))*86400 Thanks that works great : -- smith.james ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smith.james0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1623 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27641 ...

Macro

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Run macro automatically.

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...

Run multiple Macros or macros from within other macros ?
I would like to run multiple macros at startup. What code should be used in the Private Sub Application_Startup command in the ThisOutlookSession area ? If the names of my macros were below what would the code to look like ? Macro1 Macro2 Macro3 I have looked at the samples from previous posts and cannot determine how to make them apply specifically to my needs. In Excel you can use the Run "Macro1" line and it would run that macro. Run does not work in Outlook I suppose because I kept getting an error. **** Also - What code is needed to execute a macro from w...

Startup macro
Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is opening. I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic started. Zeno option explicit sub auto_Open() call yourspecificmacronamehere end sub Zeno wrote: > > Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is > opening. > I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic > started. > > Zeno -- Dave Peterson ...

eEnterprise 6.00g5 Problem
We are experiencing a problem everytime we go to process/post checks after they have been successfully printed, as soon as we hit the process button Great Plains will lock up and we have to "end program" to get out. Has anyone seen this before? The user is using Windows XP Pro. Thanks ...

Macro Question #8
Hi: I have a group of several files with a simple macro that automatically goes to a specific worksheet at the time the file is opened. The code is as follows: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets ("TITLE").Select Range ("a1").Select End Sub The macro works properly when a single file is opened, but when I try to open several of the files at the same time I get the following error message: Run Time Error 1004 Select method of Worksheet Class Failed All of the files do open, but the macro appears to run on only the first file selected. All of the other files open ...

macros #29
I am trying to remove dup rows in an excel spreadsheet, but my macro only deletes the dup out of the first column, not the whole row and moves up the next item to replace what it deleted. Any suggestions post the macro here. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It's easier to work from the bottom towards the top (just in case you're not doing it now). And you can do this kind of thing to get rid of a row: rows(i).delete cells(i,1).entirerow.delete But it's difficult to guess without seeing your code. Dorothea wrote: > > I am trying to remove dup ro...

MACRO AUTORUN
HI EVRYONE, ON ONE OF MY EXCEL SHEETS I HAVE MACRO RUNNING. WHENEVER I OPEN THE FILE, IT SAID CLICK TO DISABLE OR ALLOW. I DID NOT ADD ANY MACRO, I CAN'T FIND ANY MACRO IN THE SPREAD SHEET (TOOLS, MACRO). IF I COPY PASTE AND SAVE ON ANOTHER DOCUMENT, SAME THING. IF I SEND TO A COLLEGUE AND OPENS IT, SAME BLOODY MACRO. HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS MACRO. THANKS -- Chich See http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "b52shut" <b52shut@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9D2BF73D-4F4D-4F...