Lost Some Row Numbering

   Somehow, when I cloned a worksheet to unused worksheet in my
workbook, the numbering (in the left-most column) has lost the 1st 5
values (I failed to copy the 1st 5 rows).  IOW, my worksheet starts with
Row 6 and continues down from there.  I can't find anything in Google
that tells me how to fix this, so I'm asking here.  Please advise.  TIA
0
mrc2323 (5)
1/19/2012 10:22:26 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

hi,

these lines are probably masked

--
isabelle

Le 2012-01-19 17:22, Mike Copeland a �crit :
>     Somehow, when I cloned a worksheet to unused worksheet in my
> workbook, the numbering (in the left-most column) has lost the 1st 5
> values (I failed to copy the 1st 5 rows).  IOW, my worksheet starts with
> Row 6 and continues down from there.  I can't find anything in Google
> that tells me how to fix this, so I'm asking here.  Please advise.  TIA
0
isabelle
1/19/2012 10:41:00 PM
look here:

http://www.functionx.com/excel/Lesson02.htm

--
isabelle

Le 2012-01-19 17:41, isabelle a �crit :
> hi,
>
> these lines are probably masked

0
isabelle
1/19/2012 10:50:32 PM
My bet is that you have panes frozen and those hidden rows are off the screen
(but I could be wrong).

In xl2003 menus, you can unfreeze panes by:
Window|Unfreeze panes
(if you don't see unfreeze panes, then I'm wrong!)

My second guess is that the rows are hidden.
(again xl2003 menus)
Edit|Goto
type:
1:5 and hit enter
(it will select those 5 rows)
Then Format|Row|Unhide

On 01/19/2012 16:22, Mike Copeland wrote:
>     Somehow, when I cloned a worksheet to unused worksheet in my
> workbook, the numbering (in the left-most column) has lost the 1st 5
> values (I failed to copy the 1st 5 rows).  IOW, my worksheet starts with
> Row 6 and continues down from there.  I can't find anything in Google
> that tells me how to fix this, so I'm asking here.  Please advise.  TIA

--
Dave Peterson
0

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Copying part of Spreadsheet while keeping Columns Widths and Rows Heights
I want to copy part of an existing spreadsheet to a new empty sheet. The normal Copy & Paste do not carry the Columns Widths and the Rows Heights to the new sheet, hence they have to be adjusted manually. Does anyone have a way to make this possible? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ In Excel XP, I made this work by doing a sort of a "double copy" Copy what you want, then select Edit, Paste Special, All. That copies the data. (I found t...

How do I copy rows with hidden rows between without unhiding data.
When I hide rows and then go to copy the remaining data to another worksheet some of the hidden data appears and messes up columns that I have totals in. Hi try: - first select your data range - hit F5, click 'Special' and choose 'only visible cells' - now copy + paste -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Biggie J" <Biggie J@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:C8E6C1E7-D3ED-41EF-A35D-7E0A990F568F@microsoft.com... > When I hide rows and then go to copy the remaining data to another worksheet > some of the hidden data appears and...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs?
How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs? In the following, the answer I'm after is 17 A1 -10 A2 5 A3 -2 =SUMPRODUCT(ABS(A1:A3)) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 04:19:52 GMT, Invalid <invalid@invalid.comINVALID> wrote: >How can I add numbers but ignore the minus signs? In the following, the >answer I'm after is 17 > >A1 -10 >A2 5 >A3 -2 > > Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in news:1o2f63pa84r8o6tdf65sa9ptpbv0nlt7u6@4ax.com: Thank you Gord. ----- > =SUMPRODUCT(ABS(A1:A3)) > > > Gord Dibben M...

Automatically move row from one tab to another..
He there, I have a question. I'm working on a salessheet. The first tab is a summary of al offers I make to the customers. For every offer I have the option of giving them a status: Pending, acquired and bounced. When I send an offer to a customer the order gets the status pending. What I want to do is the following: When an order is acquired or bounced I change the status accordingly. What I want is that as soon as I change the status the entire orderrow is placed inside a tab named acquired or bounced. I don't want to copy paste everytime an order is "closed" Somebody ...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Automated transaction grouping and numbering
I have been asked to help a co-worker automate a data review task. I am working in Access 2003. We have a query output in Excel (from our mainframe) that lists employees with the following fields: SSN, EmplName, ActionCd, ActionEffDt Action codes (ActionCd) include Hire, Term and Rehire. The objective is to identify employees who rehired within 365 days of their termination. We have some people who have termed and been rehired up to 5 or 6 times (seasonal workers, perhaps?) Here's how I am currently calculating. I assigned all "Hire" Action Codes a TxNo of "1". I sor...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

Showing number series in query for grouped items
Hi, I have a stock table which has serial numbers for each item. I want a query which groups the item types and shows the first and last serial numbers for that item type along with how many. Eg. 10 x mobile phones first serial number = xxx1, last serial number = xx10. I tried the first, last, min and max functions but they continue to group and show each of the 10 items individually. Any ideas?? Thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:27:01 -0800, Flanders <Flanders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a stock table which has serial numbers for each item. I want ...

search row
I desire seach all row in a range that have 2 value set with imputbox and copy into an other sheet. Is it possible? ex 2 5 4 7 9 1 4 3 6 5 7 8 9 3 4 9 3 5 7 1 seach and copy 5 4 2 5 4 7 9 1 4 3 6 5 thx for help Sub yqr1() Worksheets("sheet1").Activate Set aaa = Range("a1").CurrentRegion bbb = aaa.Rows.Count ccc = aaa.Columns.Count For i = 1 To bbb Worksheets("sheet1").Activate For j = 1 To ccc If Cells(i, j) = "5" Then a = 1 If Cells(i, j) = "4" Then b = 1 Next j If a = 1 And b = 1 Then Cells(i, 1).EntireRow.Copy Worksheets("shee...

COraltating the tracking numbers
OK, i have make reciet books , 50 to each pack with tracking numbers.. now the problem iam have is that when i print 4 to 1 page, it does ok to set each number in sequance, it seems... but if i print a pile of pages and it comes time to cut that stack into 4 , i run into trouble.. then i realize the numbers dont go in order in their own little stacks..that eachnumber below that is not the right number, so after i have to go and put them all in order by hand ..thats crazy must be a better way. ...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

Macro to merge 3 rows multi times, columns A:K only
I have data in every 3 rows (5,8,11, etc), through column K. I need to keep columns L & M as is. I'd like a macro to merge A5:K7, A8:K10, A11:K13, etc, through a specific number of rows (the max number of rows would change depending on which sheet I was using) . Meaning one sheet would be through row 32 ( the last of the merged rows) another sheet the last of the merged rows would be through row 50, etc. I could identify the max row in a cell if the macro could use that number when it's run. Thanks, Steve ...

how do I order a cel to be in red color if number is negative
I AM USING OFFICE 2003, AND IN MY WORK SHET SOMETIMES I HAVE NEGATIVE NUMBERS, HOW CAN I ORDER A COLUM TO TURN A CEL WITH A NEGATIVE NUMBER ON IT RED IN COLOR?????? You could use Format|conditional formatting (it's pretty straightforward when you see the dialog). or you could use a custom format: #,##0_);[Red](#,##0) or #,##0;[Red]-#,##0 DONPITO wrote: > > I AM USING OFFICE 2003, AND IN MY WORK SHET SOMETIMES I HAVE NEGATIVE > NUMBERS, HOW CAN I ORDER A COLUM TO TURN A CEL WITH A NEGATIVE NUMBER ON IT > RED IN COLOR?????? -- Dave Peterson Hi, You can use condition...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

why {=product(row(1:10))} gives error?
I have 1-10 in A1:A10 and issue the above formula. Though the result is ok, I get an error saying the formula refers to empty cells and points to cell A1. Why is this? Try: =PRODUCT(A1:A10) instead. 1:10 means all cells of the first 10 rows. In article <e6pIc4mkHHA.4852@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote: > I have 1-10 in A1:A10 and issue the above formula. Though the result is ok, > I get an error saying the formula refers to empty cells and points to cell > A1. Why is this? ...

Paste number format into Excel?
When I paste numbers from an Access table into Excel XP, Excel does not recognize to the numbers as numbers. When I change the properties of the cell to the number format, it still does not change the cell to the number format. How do I change the default format to recognize number formats? Thanks After you've pasted the data, select a blank cell and Edit/Copy it. Then select the column(s) of numbers and Edit/Paste Special and select the Values and Add options. On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 13:15:08 -0800, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I paste numbers from...

seperating rows
i have an excel worksheet that is formatted as such (number) (date) (conpany name) (street address) (city) (state) (agent) (agent's name) (agent's address) (officer) (officer's name) (officer's address) blank line (number) (date) (conpany name) (street address) (city) (state) (agent) (agent's name) (agent's address) (officer) (officer's name) (officer's address) blank line and so on... sometimes there are more than one agent or officer, none of the information can be sorted accurately by column. i want to maintain the data between the blank lines. it must stay...

Counting consecutive numbers in a list
Is there a function that will take a list of 20 numbers and count if two or three of them are consecutive and count how many times this happens within the list? ...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

flag any change made in row
I want to enter today's date in column A anytime that a change is made in the row, e.g. enter today's date in A1 if any cell from B1 to ZZ1 is changed. Are there any fucntions that can be invoked to do this or does it require some VBA code? Suggestions would be most appreciated. John Keith kd0gd@juno.com You could use an event macro. See JE McGimpsey's site: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html John Keith wrote: > > I want to enter today's date in column A anytime that a change is made > in the row, e.g. enter today's date in A1 if any cell from B1...

Can Excel sort rows by color?
I want to sort a spreadsheet by the color of the rows. Here's a website that will help you accomplish this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm tj "Grant" wrote: > I want to sort a spreadsheet by the color of the rows. Grant, have a look here http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Grant" <Grant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...