Loosing Data-Help needed

Hi All,    I have an huge spreadsheet with macros on it, which is
continuously updated. Off recently my spreadsheet is loosing the data
i.e. I will have 2-3 days old information, all the updates that we made
recently is lost. I am saving the spreadsheet every 15-20 mins still it
is doing it. Could anyone please help me :confused: .

Thank You,
Naveen

--
neomemphis
neomemphis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33240

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

changing data only after a certain date
Here is my dilemma. Right now in tracking on time delivery, we use a lead time field to determine if we gave a vendor enough time. I have historical data that includes this lead time. The issue i have is that if we change the lead time, it changes even for orders we already received with a previous lead time. Example PO 123 was received on 7/1/2009. The lead time table shows a lead time of 10 days. PO Part Entered Due Received Late 123 abc 6/1/2009 6/15/2009 7/1/2009 Yes I have a query that asks if the due date was within the lead time. If i we...

spliting a column of data into multiple columns
I am trying to split up some data into multiple columns with part of the data in each column... ie: 02-34-5-M is currently in one column... i need it split into 4 columns as the following.... 02 34 5 M 01 256 0 Q 7 45 4 T This needs to be done so I can sort by using the 2nd set of numbers. Currently, this is an Excel file. Thanks in advance for your help. Carl "CiceroCF" <CiceroCF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4416ED27-5BDD-4D8A-9117-2...

Missing or Duplicate Data
I have a simple spreadsheet of 30 columns and 10 rows. Each column should have one cell containing letter "A" one cell containg letter "B" etc to "D" somewhere in the column. The remaining cells will have a dash or fwd slash. The letters will be in different rows in each column. I need to be warned at the base of each column if one of the 5 letters is missing or repeated. Thanks. -- DaveBrown ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DaveBrown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27029 Vi...

trace order of data entry
I have 2 columns. in column A I will enter a name. in column b I will enter a number from 1 to 10. The names are not entered in the order 1 to 10 but randomly. Example I can enter number 5 then 2 then 9 then 1 and so on. How can I track the order in whick I names are entered. Can I do this on a different column rather than tracking changes. -- Radha Copy the code below and put it into the worksheet's code module. To do that, right-click on the worksheet's name tab and choose [View Code] from the popup list that appears. Then copy the code below and paste it into the module. ...

how to create chart with five data variables
I need to create a chart off of a spreadsheet with five variables I have to show: Room Fiscal Year (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006) Business Hour usage After-Hours usage Quantity (number of times the room was used that year) Currently I have the data as Fiscal Year in rows by Business or After Hours (FY03 Business Hours, FY03 After Hours, FY04 BH, FY04AH, etc.) Rooms in columns, and Quantity as cell value. What I want to do is create a stacked column chart that shows has Room for the X-axis value, Quanity for the Y-axis, Fiscal Year on the Z-axis (so it would be a 3-dimensional chart) and stack the ...

transfering data using Ole
I am using Excel 2000 to generate spreadsheets that I then "cut & paste" to a CAD program. When I use my desktop computer that has Excel 2000, a portion of larger spreadsheets truncates. I have found that if I use Excel 2003 (on my laptop), I can "cut & paste" the entire worksheet into my CAD program without a problem. I have heard that this also works with Excel 2002. Because Excel 2000 and Excel 2003 spreadsheets are fully compatible, this is clearly a function of how data is handled by the two versions of Excel or the Ole interface. Is there an update or a w...

Excel
I pasted some data from internet explorer and when i tried to applyin formulas to them it showed error #VALUE! I could no create charts too i m attaching the file. can anyone help me ou Attachment filename: moserbaer.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=64852 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Rohit! That data you pasted is text. It has unseen characters embeded in the numbers you see. The character is one I've never seen before. It looks like this: ''' You're data may look like this: ...

Loosing Grid ?
On some cells when I mess with format I am loosing the grid on some cells. This is not a border but just the grid outlining each cell. I though you turn the entire gird on or off for the spreadsheet but where does it get modified for each cell ?? Hi If you format a cell with a white pattern (background) you will not be able to see the gridlines of it. -- Andy. "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:ePjIBzEdEHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > On some cells when I mess with format I am loosing the grid on some cells. > This is not a border bu...

Can I paste data skipping the hidden cells ?
Can I paste data missing out cells that are hidden ? Excel's paste does not skip hidden rows/columns. -- Jim "tclark67" <tclark67@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:670D4A6F-1C57-4A11-AAB6-1190D2461EB3@microsoft.com... | Can I paste data missing out cells that are hidden ? Yes, you can ! ! ! Try activating the autofilter in the desired column, and selecting the (NonBlanks) Then Select the entire column, Copy, and paste where you like, thats all ! ! Saludos NlCO -- NlCO ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nl...

transposition of data
Hi, I have some data in the column A of a sheet and in another sheet of the same file, I need to use the same data but horizontaly this time : I need that A2 in first sheet come in B1, A3 in C1, A4 in D1... And I don't want just the data, I need to this to update itself his the first data change. I have try to do in column a of the ne sheet A1 =A1, A2=A2... and the n copy it to do a pastespecial formula-transpose, but it doesn't work... Thanks for any hel Happy Christma Benjamin "Ben.c" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5796715A-9C7D-4BB5-A29E...

OL 2003 Looses Word Email Recepient Ability
After having installed Outlook 2003, Word 2000 no longer summons an email envelope when I attempt a Send To email recipient. I can summon the attachment method but the option to send to recipient has been deactivated. It worked successfully prior to OL2003 upgrade. I have run Office Repair and I have also re-installed Office Pro with no resulting change. Where do I go from here? Back to Outlook 2000. You can't mix versions. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Howard Kelley" <hkelley@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ehnW6GNpDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > After havin...

Vendor Summary data in Smartlist issue
Our client is running 8.0 w/SP 5.0 (g73). Their fiscal year is 9/1 to 8/31. Using a standard Smartlist, we are showing Amount Paid Last Year in one of the columns with no restrictions and the data pulls in correctly. If we add a restriction of say, 49999 to Amount Paid Last Year, some of the vendor's amounts change and some drop off the report. Remove the restriction and the correct data returns. It seems to happen when we get above 10000 for our restriction. I tested this on another 8.0 SP5.0 client of ours with a 1/1 to 12/31 fiscal and it kept the correct data regardless of restr...

Analysis ToolPak installed but no Data Analysis option
Hello, I have installed the Analysis ToolPak successfully (and have used the Data Analysis tools many times before), but sometimes the Data Analysis option simply fails to appear in the menu. What could be causing this? Thanks, Eric Sorry I can't help, but it seems that would be a useful tool. How do you get it? I went to Excel add-ins online MS and it doesn't seem to be available "Eric Stephens" wrote: > Hello, > > I have installed the Analysis ToolPak successfully (and have used the Data > Analysis tools many times before), but sometimes the Data Analy...

Splitting Data
How do I split data in 1 cell into two cells for a range of cells i.e how do I split £123+345 (one cell) into 123 and +345 (two cells obvious for one cell I know but for a range of 600 thanks in advance Hi see 'Data - Text to columns' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "thanks in advance" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:80785ADB-FEB7-4117-87BA-B2DA37E00146@microsoft.com... > How do I split data in 1 cell into two cells for a range of cells? > > i.e how do I split £123+345 (one cell) into 123 and +345 (tw...

Extending the data range of a Pivot Report
How do I extend the data range of my Pivot Report without creating a new chart? I'd use a dynamic range name. See Debra Dalgeish's site for some nice tips: http://contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic But you can right click on the pivottable and show the wizard. Hit back until you get to the dialog where you specify the range, then make your change and finish up. (The dynamic range name may make it so you never have to do anything but hit the refresh button, though.) Nell wrote: > > How do I extend the data range of my Pivot Report without creating a new chart? -- D...

Capturing form data
Is it possible to capture form data when it is returns filled out? It would be really great if it could be assembled in Excel or Access. I really appreciate and help. -- Bob A You didn't give us much in the way to go on, with regard to the details of your scenario or the Outlook version(s) involved. So you might as well start with the built-in feature described at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100154271033.aspx. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.out...

Transpose Address Data
Is there any way to transpose a range of data automatically? I know about using the transpose function in Excel, but to use it I need to manually select what I want to transpose. I have about 13000 rows that I want to transpose (end result would be about 1000 rows of address details). The biggest problem I have is that I can't find any thing in the list of data that highlights where I would want to start a new range. It also looks like not everything is a set number of rows, so I can't even transpose every 10 rows. Is there anything I can do other than select, copy, paste speci...

Loosing atacments
Help please! My attachments does not arrive on the other side. Seems to be a problem when Outlook Express is used on the receiving side. I am working on Office 2000 Outlook. I am not the only one complaining. Frik <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help please! > My attachments does not arrive on the other side. Seems to > be a problem when Outlook Express is used on the > receiving side. > I am working on Office 2000 Outlook. > I am not the only one complaining. Don't send Rich Text messages. Outlook Expresss can't handle them. Use Plain ...

Countif data is not all in sequential order
I need a formula that will sum if the cell is "Yes" from q31:q91 and if cells q109 and q124:q126 are "Yes". I need to skip a few cells. I have - COUNTIF(Q31:Q91,"Yes"), but need to add q109 and q124:q126. Thanks. one way: =COUNTIF(Q31:Q91,"Yes") + (Q109="Yes") + COUNTIF(Q124:Q126,"Yes") In article <0A0D9EBA-22D8-4578-9644-69F500C492BB@microsoft.com>, heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need a formula that will sum if the cell is "Yes" from q31:q91 and if cells > q109 and q124...

Office(WORD)2007 help feature question.
I have installed Office 2007(Student Version) on my PC. I am running Windows 7. The install went fine, and all updates are applied. Whiie usinfg word, i went o use the help feature(F1 or question mark) and noticed nothing happened except another window popped up and Enterprise 2007 started to install. I let that install, then rebooted as instructed. The feature still does not work. Can someone please assist me in this. FYI, when I bought the program, it came with two discs, but I installed one(Office 2007), Thanks for the assistance..... ...

Stopping data exported from a database formatting as a date
I am exporting into Excel from a unknown database and the data - in this case a part number (eg 2-2035) is converting to a date (eg Feb-35). How can I stop this happening,? The Excel file is automatically created on export and therefore I cannot pre-format the cells. Neither do I have any control over the database format. Stephen, If the exporting program is writing an Excel file, it needs to pre-format the field (column) for text first. If it's a text file, rename it with the ..txt extension before opening it in Excel, which will start the import wizard when you open it in Excel,...

Excel 2007 is Loosing All Formatting
We are having an issue where Excel 2007 is loosing all the formatting in Excel files. All colors, bolding and date formats. Everything except the text. We get sent a .xls grid that has been created in Excel 2007 or 2003 and it's usually an .xls extension. On opening the grid, everything looks and works fine. Modifications are made by adding in rows, cell background colors and text. We save the grid and send it out to another person via Outlook. When the receiver opens it, all the formatting is gone. Re-opening the grid on the machine that made the edits also shows no formatting. We...

Publisher 2003 needs jewel case insert
Was in earlier versions... bah humbug http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011601761033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bimwahby" <bimwahby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DDE0156-77BA-4625-BEC6-1AA71DE8DC1C@microsoft.com... > Was in earlier versions... bah humbug ...

Copy data off one form to another
Can anyone help me build an expression which can copy a calculated amount generated in one form to another... The form where the amount is generated needs to match the 'JobID' in the original form...!!! On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:43:01 -0800, Kunal Jariwala <KunalJariwala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone help me build an expression which can copy a calculated amount >generated in one form to another... The form where the amount is generated >needs to match the 'JobID' in the original form...!!! Don't! Storing derived data such as ...

Any way to shift data axes?
Helo all, I am having problems getting some data into the format I need. I'm wondering if this is even possible actually. I'm sure it is, but I'd prefer to keep things simple. Data is coming in from a linked Excel table in a format like the following MRC VEH 1 2 3 4 5 101 AAA 12 34 56 78 90 101 BBB 12 34 56 78 90 101 CCC 12 34 56 78 90 102 AAA 12 34 56 78 90 102 BBB 12 34 56 78 90 102 CCC 12 34 56 78 90 103 etc... MRC and VEH denote the cost centre and vehicle types. For those combinati...