Lookup Value based on a formula

Hi all

I am looking up a value in a table that is based around other formulas.
When creating the Lookup the formula window shows the correct value.

When the formula is entered the result is DIV/0!.

Is there an easy way around it? or will I need the table based on hard
values?

Cheers

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Show us the actual formulas
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Cogeco news" <tmarshall3@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I am looking up a value in a table that is based around other formulas.
> When creating the Lookup the formula window shows the correct value.
>
> When the formula is entered the result is DIV/0!.
>
> Is there an easy way around it? or will I need the table based on hard
> values?
>
> Cheers

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
3/4/2007 10:02:29 PM
Unless you post the formula, we'll have to just guess at solutions.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Cogeco news" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am looking up a value in a table that is based around other formulas.
> When creating the Lookup the formula window shows the correct value.
>
> When the formula is entered the result is DIV/0!.
>
> Is there an easy way around it? or will I need the table based on hard
> values?
>
> Cheers

0
RonCoderre (135)

Pivotable
Is there a method of hiding zero values automatically in pivot tables? Thanks. Double click the field header Uncheck "Show items with no data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thanks for your response. I have followed your instructions but the zero values remain in the report. Any other ideas. >-----Original Message----- >Double click the field header >Uncheck "Show items with no data" > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

Identifying the top five values in multiple groups
I've got a spreadsheet of pay information for about eight hundred people. Each person is on one of eight salary scales I'd like to create a new worksheet that shows the details of just the 5 highest paid people in each scale (name, dept, salary, etc.) - and also the five lowest. Ideally, I'd like also to be able to vary that number - eg the top ten, the highest, etc.. Can someone help? Thanks Suppose you have data in Sheet1 in the below format Col A Col B Col C Name Scale Salary a1 1 101 a2 1 102 a3 1 103 a4 2 104 In Sheet2 cel...

Table relationships and lookups
Hi guys, I may be a little over my head, I've had some experience in creating simple access db's. however this one will be extremely complicated as far as I can tell. Some backround info - i've got an excel spreadsheet currently that i would like to convert to Access. The spreadsheet does multiple lookups and calucations. This is for a Soccer club that i run to maintain roster information, dollars, scheduling and stats. I'm currently working on the scheduling pience. Here's what I have so far. tables. Club - Lists the teams in the club, home field name and ...

I can't figure out this formula
I inherited a spreadsheet. One of the cells has this formula: {=TABLE(,B1)}. There's a value in the cell...like it's calculating something but I can't figure out what it's referring to. Can someone explain this to me? "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A51A37BC-9230-4F8D-9230-B144E6FACB12@microsoft.com... > I inherited a spreadsheet. One of the cells has this formula: > {=TABLE(,B1)}. There's a value in the cell...like it's calculating something > but I can't figure out what it's referring to. Can ...

File handle in global value
I open a file in one thread, save the file handle in a global value(ignoring for a moment that its not recommended), then close the thread , open a new thread and use the handle inside it to access the file and finally close the file in this thread. Is it legal from the point of view of C++/MFC(again,ignoring for a moment that its not recommended)? Regards Mandi >I open a file in one thread, save the file handle in a global value(ignoring >for a moment that its not recommended), then close the thread , open a new >thread and use the handle inside it to access the file and f...

Invoice lookup by paid check number
I frequently have vendors call me asking for information about what invoices were paid by a check number. Is ther an easy way to look this information up? -- Rodger You could go to Inquiry>Purchasing>Transactions by Document, put your check number in the 'from' and 'to' fields. Once the document is displayed in the scrolling window zoom back on the 'Unapplied Amount' field. Viola! the documents paid by the selected payment are listed. Unfortunately there isn't a print icon on this inquiry window, but I think it's the information you wanted. &quo...

Problem with Null value elimintation criteria
Access 2007 on Vista. I'm building a simple append query to add missing records to a table. It examines a list of entries, identifies which are not in the destination table, and adds them. Simple thus far. The problem comes when I add a criteria to the source side to ensure no blank entries are appended. Here's the SQL I'm trying to use: INSERT INTO tblAgents ( AgentID, AgentName ) SELECT qryAgentsImport.RecAgentID, First(qryAgentsImport.RecAgentName) AS FirstOfRecAgentName FROM tblAgents RIGHT JOIN qryAgentsImport ON tblAgents.AgentID = qryAgent...

how to create 0 to 0 value charts
how can i create a chart that for the values that start say for example from 0 for a speed of 1000 and then revolve through different values of speed. these values values when plotted initially start from 0 for 1000 and reach a highest value at say 4000 and return back to 0 at 1000 speed. say that values if they look like these, 1000 0 1400 7 1500 680000 1800 0 2000 650000 2500 660000 3000 750000 3100 800000 3400 0 3500 0 3700 0 3800 0 4000 0 4300 0 4500 0 5000 0 5300 0 5500 0 5700 0 6000 0 6000 0 5700 0 5500 0 5300 0 5000 0 4500 0 4300 0 4000 0 3800 0 3700 0 3500 0 3400 0 3100 0 3000 8500...

Excel Formulae
how can a hundreds of numbers in a worksheet be adjusted by the same percentage Ray, You can use Paste Special to do this. For example, to increase every number by 15%, enter 1.15 in some empty cell and copy that cell. Then select the cells that you wish to change. Go to the Edit menu, choose Paste Special, and there choose the Multiply option. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Ray G" <ray_garthwaite@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1ca701c38855$de4fdf40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > how can a hundreds of numbers in a w...

Lookup
Q103 Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks If I understand correctly =INDEX(A2:F2,MATCH(A1,A2:F2,0)+1) where q103 is in a1 and q102-q203 is in a2-f2 Lance >-----Original Message----- >Q103 > > >Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 > > >How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have >it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks >. > matt wrote: > Q103 > > > Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q...

Help with LOOKUP function
This function is in a workbook with 2 sheets. It _almost_ works perfectly. These "C" columns in two different sheets '2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C, contain names of people. The D column in one of the sheets - '2004-2005'!D:D - contains a date associated with the person's name from the C column of 2004-2005 sheet. This formula is in the "D" column of Sheet 2005-2006. =LOOKUP('2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C,'2004-2005'!D:D) The concept is for the formula to lookup the value (person's name) in column C of 2005-2006 a...

A Lookup function does not work
Hi, This is my first posting. I am using Exel 2000. I have 2 separate spreadsheets that have some similar columns but not all of the data in the similar columns is the same. What I want to do is take column A in spreadsheet#1 and find this same value in Column B in Spreadsheet#2 and then insert into column 3 in spreadsheet #1 a value from a different column in spreasheet #2 that corresponds to the row in which the value was looked up in Column B in spreadsheet#2. What I am doing is comparing 2 different inventory files that have stock codes in columns and quantities in another column, but n...

Use value from InputBox in Advanced ODBC Source
I'd like to include the posting date from a InputBox prompt in an advanced ODBC source. The post date would be used like select * from <complex join here> where postdate >= '<Date from Input>' and postdate < '<Date from input + 1>' The InputBox works well, I assign things to global variables, and such... Has anyone done this? If so, would you mind sharing your experience? I seem to have hit a brick wall If this cannot be done, I assume the task at hand is to create views from each query, and create simple ODBC sources, and go that way? Thanks...

Blank Repeated Values
I have a list in Column A that displays multiple data in an unfilled manner. I have a list in Column B that displays multiple data in a filled manner. How do I autofill the data points in Column A? Example: A1=1 A2:A9=(blank) A10=2 A11:A19=(blank) B1:B9=Blue B10:B19=Red I do not want to manually autofill each data break because there are 30,000+ rows of data (A1:A30000) with data points starting at 1(A1) to 15,000(A29999). The format looks like a finished pivot table. It looks like I am trying to copy a finished pivot table and pasting value to another sheet, then running a pivo...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

Selecting a range of cells based on the date.
Hi MS Office Help, I would like to know how to choose a selection of cells based on what month it is. For instance, if the month was january, excel would allow me to select cells A1-F1, which I could then use as a data source for a chart. If the month became march or april, excel would allow me to select cells C1-H1, D1-I1 respectively, and so on. This will allow me to vary my chart automatically as the month changes. Help is greatly appreciated. Hi Solomon, Use the Data - Autofilter -custom feature or Data - filter - text filters - custom depending on your version of...

Excel IF Formula
I have a spreadsheet with 4 cells that 1 of the 4 will have a calculated value in it. I want to take the numeric value in the cell that has a value and place it into another cell for information. Following is the string I have written but I am doing something wrong. =IF(E25>1, E25,IF(E27>1, E27, If(E29>1, E29,IF(E31>1, E31)))),"ERROR" Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Thanks GeneI This is your "corrected" formula: =IF(E25>1,E25,IF(E27>1,E27,IF(E29>1,E29,IF(E31>1,E31,"ERROR")))) Micky "GeneI" wro...

Advanced Lookups
Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup? so you don't have to always choose that option when doing a lookup? Thanks for any help. Tracey D Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it now so. There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that I know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that would give the user an option. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tracey D" <...

Cell Formula reference to cell Based On third Cell Content #2
I want to build a formula in one cell that calls a second based on the numeric value in a third. Specifically, Say the frst cell is F10. I want it to look up the number in F1, and then if F1=1, F10=E9*something if F1=2, F10=D9*something if F1=3, F10=C9* something etc. Hi! I notice that you use "etc" which means there are more. Exactly how many more? That number will determine the best way to approach this. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I want to build a formula in one cell that calls a second based on the >numeric value in a third. > >Specifically, Say...

Calling employee lookup from button through VBA code
Dear All, Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button of a modified form through VBA code. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, If I'm understanding the question - you need to add the lookup button to your project and make sure your project provides that it runs on the modified form. Leslie "Dexdev" wrote: > Dear All, > > Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button > of a modified form through VBA code. > > > Thanks in advance. > > -- > Developer Hello Dexdev As per...

Open Report Based on Query
I have a report based on a Query. In the Query's criteria On one field I have this =Forms!frmCheckAction!TxtSalesID How do I open this report based on this query from a different form? Do I leave the Query criteria blank? I'm getting confused! Thanks DS Change the way you open the report so you can open it from different forms Use the WhereCriteria of the open report command line, living the RecordSource without a criteria Dim MyCriteria As Text MyCriteria = "[FieldName] = " & Forms!frmCheckAction!TxtSalesID Docmd.OpenReport "ReportName",,,MyCriteria ...

Limiting a column to certain values
I have a table that contains PLSS information and want to restrict the columns to certain values. Since there is a pattern in what they are restricted to, I wonder if there would be an easier way than to create a lookup table and use a constraint. For instance, my values for one field is limited to 3 characters: from 01-49, with the third character always an 'E' or 'W' Would this be easier done in a query or stored procedure or function than to create a lookup table? Thanks for your help. In the case you describe you can use a CHECK constraint: CR...

An array formula to sum row max
I have a data range of 1000 rows and 20 columns. I need a sum of the maximum number of each rows. I usually add another column to calculate row max. But is it possible to eliminate this intermediate step and just use a single cell array formula to return the sum of row maxes? Thanks -- ucamms ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ucamms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19151 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382107 Assuming that A1:T1000 contains your data, try... =SUMPRO...

Vendor Lookup
One doing the vendor lookup - one user sees the 'show details' information upon lookup; other user sees the vendor list and needs to clik on the show details - how do you get the show details window to be the default option you see. Thansk! Check for full stops/periods/dots on the window title bar before or after the window name. It is possible to use VBA or modifier to open the details automatically. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www...