Lookup() problem

I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple 
of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all pull 
the same employee name.

=LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204)

The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and 
numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells 
and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this before?

Wayman 


0
waymanbell (26)
2/26/2005 10:46:16 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

10 Replies
1112 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14

Don't forget!
When using Lookup(), the vector (second argument) must be sorted in
ascending order.

If it's not, you'll get what you called "kabui".

Probably better to use Vlookup(), but since you're lookup column is on the
right, try this:

=INDEX(List!B4:B204,MATCH(C4,List!C4:C204,0))
-- 

HTH,

RD
==============================================
Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit!
==============================================


"Wayman Bell" <waymanbell@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:b8Sdnbq7vPqhYb3fRVn-2A@comcast.com...
I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple
of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all pull
the same employee name.

=LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204)

The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and
numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells
and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this before?

Wayman



0
ragdyer1 (4060)
2/26/2005 11:01:21 PM
Your lookup data has to be in ascending order. Is this the case?

-- 

HTH

RP
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)


"Wayman Bell" <waymanbell@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:b8Sdnbq7vPqhYb3fRVn-2A@comcast.com...
> I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple
> of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all
pull
> the same employee name.
>
> =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204)
>
> The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and
> numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells
> and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this
before?
>
> Wayman
>
>


0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/26/2005 11:05:18 PM
Thanks,
=INDEX(List!B4:B204,MATCH(C4,List!C4:C204,0)) seems to work great. I also 
sorted the Data ascending and that seemed to make my old formula work okay 
then I sorted descending and tried your formula and it appears to work even 
if the data is not sorted.

I will be sending my form out to a number of people in the field. They will 
have to enter their own list and I am sure if the data has to be sorted some 
of them will not be able to do that.

Thanks, Wayman

"RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message 
news:OO2$ZcFHFHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Don't forget!
> When using Lookup(), the vector (second argument) must be sorted in
> ascending order.
>
> If it's not, you'll get what you called "kabui".
>
> Probably better to use Vlookup(), but since you're lookup column is on the
> right, try this:
>
> =INDEX(List!B4:B204,MATCH(C4,List!C4:C204,0))
> -- 
>
> HTH,
>
> RD
> ==============================================
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit!
> ==============================================
>
>
> "Wayman Bell" <waymanbell@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:b8Sdnbq7vPqhYb3fRVn-2A@comcast.com...
> I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple
> of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all 
> pull
> the same employee name.
>
> =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204)
>
> The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and
> numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells
> and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this 
> before?
>
> Wayman
>
>
> 


0
waymanbell (26)
2/26/2005 11:28:37 PM
Bob,

No it was not sorted. I will be sending the form out to a number of agents 
in the field and I doubt it they will all be able to sort their lists. I 
tried this formula from RD and it seems to work even with the data unsorted.

=INDEX(List!B4:B204,MATCH(C4,List!C4:C204,0))

Thanks for the information, I guess sorting is so basic I must have missed 
that.

WB

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:OAfIkeFHFHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Your lookup data has to be in ascending order. Is this the case?
>
> -- 
>
> HTH
>
> RP
> (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
>
>
> "Wayman Bell" <waymanbell@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:b8Sdnbq7vPqhYb3fRVn-2A@comcast.com...
>> I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A 
>> couple
>> of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all
> pull
>> the same employee name.
>>
>> =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204)
>>
>> The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and
>> numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells
>> and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this
> before?
>>
>> Wayman
>>
>>
>
> 


0
waymanbell (26)
2/26/2005 11:33:30 PM
Thanks for the feed-back.
-- 

Regards,

RD
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wayman Bell" <waymanbell@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:3IWdnZwJCdK0m7zfRVn-tg@comcast.com...
Thanks,
=INDEX(List!B4:B204,MATCH(C4,List!C4:C204,0)) seems to work great. I also
sorted the Data ascending and that seemed to make my old formula work okay
then I sorted descending and tried your formula and it appears to work even
if the data is not sorted.

I will be sending my form out to a number of people in the field. They will
have to enter their own list and I am sure if the data has to be sorted some
of them will not be able to do that.

Thanks, Wayman

"RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message
news:OO2$ZcFHFHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Don't forget!
> When using Lookup(), the vector (second argument) must be sorted in
> ascending order.
>
> If it's not, you'll get what you called "kabui".
>
> Probably better to use Vlookup(), but since you're lookup column is on the
> right, try this:
>
> =INDEX(List!B4:B204,MATCH(C4,List!C4:C204,0))
> -- 
>
> HTH,
>
> RD
> ==============================================
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit!
> ==============================================
>
>
> "Wayman Bell" <waymanbell@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:b8Sdnbq7vPqhYb3fRVn-2A@comcast.com...
> I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple
> of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all
> pull
> the same employee name.
>
> =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204)
>
> The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and
> numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells
> and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this
> before?
>
> Wayman
>
>
>



0
ragdyer1 (4060)
2/26/2005 11:39:18 PM
Yes, that variation works sorted or not as you note.

-- 

HTH

RP
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)


"Wayman Bell" <waymanbell@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:7Oidna3iAb3SmrzfRVn-sA@comcast.com...
> Bob,
>
> No it was not sorted. I will be sending the form out to a number of agents
> in the field and I doubt it they will all be able to sort their lists. I
> tried this formula from RD and it seems to work even with the data
unsorted.
>
> =INDEX(List!B4:B204,MATCH(C4,List!C4:C204,0))
>
> Thanks for the information, I guess sorting is so basic I must have missed
> that.
>
> WB
>
> "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:OAfIkeFHFHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Your lookup data has to be in ascending order. Is this the case?
> >
> > -- 
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > RP
> > (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
> >
> >
> > "Wayman Bell" <waymanbell@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > news:b8Sdnbq7vPqhYb3fRVn-2A@comcast.com...
> >> I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A
> >> couple
> >> of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all
> > pull
> >> the same employee name.
> >>
> >> =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204)
> >>
> >> The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and
> >> numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists
cells
> >> and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this
> > before?
> >>
> >> Wayman
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>


0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/27/2005 9:14:58 AM
I have 2 columns contains Idx No. and Leave Qty of employee.
Idx No. sorted in ascending order
In same work sheets I have another "2 columns contains Idx No. and Leave Qty
of employee".
In the second Leave Qty Row contains lookup formula refer by Idx.No.

My lookup formula returns the nearest value if number i look up is none in
1st Idx No.
Data has sorted by ascending order.

What formula i can use to return error ,0,or false if the value in Idx No.
nothing.


0
2/28/2005 4:52:47 AM
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,H1:J100,2,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(A1,H1:J100,2,FALSE))

assuming the columns are A:B and H:J

-- 

HTH

RP
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)


"Agung Widodo" <goendhoelmoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OVfhhCVHFHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I have 2 columns contains Idx No. and Leave Qty of employee.
> Idx No. sorted in ascending order
> In same work sheets I have another "2 columns contains Idx No. and Leave
Qty
> of employee".
> In the second Leave Qty Row contains lookup formula refer by Idx.No.
>
> My lookup formula returns the nearest value if number i look up is none in
> 1st Idx No.
> Data has sorted by ascending order.
>
> What formula i can use to return error ,0,or false if the value in Idx No.
> nothing.
>
>


0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/28/2005 9:26:54 AM
Thanks for your help but i can paste your formula.

A        B                H            J
Idx    Leave Qty.    Idx    Leave Qty.
412    0                412    0
540    2                419    ?
897    1                540    2


What formula i can use to return error ,0,or false if the value in Idx
No.nothing.
My formula in J2:
=LOOKUP(H2;A:A;B:B)






"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:OC9ikeXHFHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,H1:J100,2,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(A1,H1:J100,2,FALSE))
>
> assuming the columns are A:B and H:J
>
> -- 
>
> HTH
>
> RP
> (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
>
>
> "Agung Widodo" <goendhoelmoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:OVfhhCVHFHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > I have 2 columns contains Idx No. and Leave Qty of employee.
> > Idx No. sorted in ascending order
> > In same work sheets I have another "2 columns contains Idx No. and Leave
> Qty
> > of employee".
> > In the second Leave Qty Row contains lookup formula refer by Idx.No.
> >
> > My lookup formula returns the nearest value if number i look up is none
in
> > 1st Idx No.
> > Data has sorted by ascending order.
> >
> > What formula i can use to return error ,0,or false if the value in Idx
No.
> > nothing.
> >
> >
>
>


0
3/2/2005 9:34:52 AM
Try this:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(H2,$A$2:$A$100,0)),0,VLOOKUP(H2,$A$2:$B$100,2,0))

And copy down as needed.
-- 

HTH,

RD
==============================================
Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit!
==============================================

"Agung Widodo" <goendhoelmoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OOVaVpwHFHA.3624@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
Thanks for your help but i can paste your formula.

A        B                H            J
Idx    Leave Qty.    Idx    Leave Qty.
412    0                412    0
540    2                419    ?
897    1                540    2


What formula i can use to return error ,0,or false if the value in Idx
No.nothing.
My formula in J2:
=LOOKUP(H2;A:A;B:B)






"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:OC9ikeXHFHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,H1:J100,2,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(A1,H1:J100,2,FALSE))
>
> assuming the columns are A:B and H:J
>
> -- 
>
> HTH
>
> RP
> (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
>
>
> "Agung Widodo" <goendhoelmoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:OVfhhCVHFHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > I have 2 columns contains Idx No. and Leave Qty of employee.
> > Idx No. sorted in ascending order
> > In same work sheets I have another "2 columns contains Idx No. and Leave
> Qty
> > of employee".
> > In the second Leave Qty Row contains lookup formula refer by Idx.No.
> >
> > My lookup formula returns the nearest value if number i look up is none
in
> > 1st Idx No.
> > Data has sorted by ascending order.
> >
> > What formula i can use to return error ,0,or false if the value in Idx
No.
> > nothing.
> >
> >
>
>



0
ragdyer1 (4060)
3/3/2005 3:44:37 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Problem about install SQL2000 over Win2003Ser SP2
Hi, I am the newbie about SQL server. I am facing a problem about install SQL2000 standard server over Windows2003 SP2 standard server. While I clicked the setup.exe, it prompted me the following message: SQL Server 2000 SP2 and below is not supported by this version of Windows. Please apply sp3 after installation of SQL server 2000. When I searched from the internet, it shows the result with SQL2000 sp3a and SQL2000sp4. Those of them consist of 3 components Which SP should I go to install its components? In my working environment, it contains PC/ Server with NT4.0 S...

Outlook 2003 and Word 2003 problem
Weird problem. "All of the sudden", when I hit reply or forward, I get the following error: "Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program." Now, the "funny" thing is that with New message, Word opens normally. I ran Detect and Repair a few times. I even uninstalled and reinstalled entire office (Enterprise) and appl...

Table relationships and lookups
Hi guys, I may be a little over my head, I've had some experience in creating simple access db's. however this one will be extremely complicated as far as I can tell. Some backround info - i've got an excel spreadsheet currently that i would like to convert to Access. The spreadsheet does multiple lookups and calucations. This is for a Soccer club that i run to maintain roster information, dollars, scheduling and stats. I'm currently working on the scheduling pience. Here's what I have so far. tables. Club - Lists the teams in the club, home field name and ...

Problems with assigned tasks
I just started using outlook 2003 SP2 to assign tasks. It worked fine a week ago, but now when the person I assigned the task to send me their reply of accepting or denying, my task list doesn't automatically update as it did previously. If I go to the task in my task list, it still shows as waiting for a reply even though I already received the reply. Also, when someone else assigns a task to me, I am no longer able to successfully click on the "accept" or "decline" button. When I do, nothing happens. I am not even able to open the email. FYI. I insta...

OWA problem, Please help is really urgent.
The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: a.. If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly. b.. Open the server home page, and then look for links to the information you want. c.. Click the back button to try another link. HTTP 404 - File not found Internet Information Services ---------------------------...

Problem after adding control
I've added a button to one of my dialogs and now the program crashes in DoDataExchange(): DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_MY_BUTTON, m_MyButton); if I use GetDlgItem() it crashes. What gives? Thanks, Drew Drew wrote: > I've added a button to one of my dialogs and now the program crashes > in DoDataExchange(): > > DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_MY_BUTTON, m_MyButton); > > if I use GetDlgItem() it crashes. What gives? > > Thanks, > Drew > Drew: Crashes? Crashes? What kind of description is this? How can anybody help you with just this information? David Wilkin...

Invoice lookup by paid check number
I frequently have vendors call me asking for information about what invoices were paid by a check number. Is ther an easy way to look this information up? -- Rodger You could go to Inquiry>Purchasing>Transactions by Document, put your check number in the 'from' and 'to' fields. Once the document is displayed in the scrolling window zoom back on the 'Unapplied Amount' field. Viola! the documents paid by the selected payment are listed. Unfortunately there isn't a print icon on this inquiry window, but I think it's the information you wanted. &quo...

ADC problem #2
Hi to all. I have this scenario: Exchange Adm. Group 1 with one Exchange 5.5 and one Exchange 2003 Exchange Adm. Group 2 one exchange 2003 Exchange Adm. Group 3 one exchange 2003 I had installed ADC in the exchange 2003 in Exchange Adm. Group 2. The service crashed, and i couldn’t start it any more. I reinstalled de service, but now I don’t have any connections agreements so I can’t replicate with the exchange 5.5. When I try to run the connections agreements wizard he doesn’t detect any exchange 5.5 in the Adm. Groups 2 and 3 and I can’t finish. I can’t create manually the Configurati...

Lookup
Q103 Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks If I understand correctly =INDEX(A2:F2,MATCH(A1,A2:F2,0)+1) where q103 is in a1 and q102-q203 is in a2-f2 Lance >-----Original Message----- >Q103 > > >Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q103 Q203 > > >How can I lookup the Q103 in the row above and then have >it pull the number to the right one cell (Q203)? thanks >. > matt wrote: > Q103 > > > Q102 Q202 Q302 Q402 Q...

Cube building problem!!
hi All, i have some problem with my ProServer 2003 ProServer 2003 Sp2 SQL 2000 SP4 when i want to build cube manualy the proces start and i get two errors and two warnings in event viewer (when i start processing from analysis menager i don't have any errors but after build i don't see NEWest result in portfolio analyzer): 1. Component: PCSViews File: ViewsDrop.cls Line: -1 Description: <Description><![CDATA[Error Information: Additional Information: An error occured calling CallViewGenerator(projectserver, -1, <ProjectData> <EntProjectName...

A Lookup function does not work
Hi, This is my first posting. I am using Exel 2000. I have 2 separate spreadsheets that have some similar columns but not all of the data in the similar columns is the same. What I want to do is take column A in spreadsheet#1 and find this same value in Column B in Spreadsheet#2 and then insert into column 3 in spreadsheet #1 a value from a different column in spreasheet #2 that corresponds to the row in which the value was looked up in Column B in spreadsheet#2. What I am doing is comparing 2 different inventory files that have stock codes in columns and quantities in another column, but n...

HELP! Worksheet Problem
Hi I have a workbook containing 6 worksheets being Nov 01, Feb 02, May 02, Aug 02, Nov 02 and Jan 03. Each worksheet contains details of loans on these dates to clients. Each client has a unique ID number and is in its own row with columns A-I being ID, Prefix, First Name through to post code etc and column J being the loan amount. The first worksheet (Nov 01) contains 76 clients, the second (Feb 02) contains 189, (May 02) = 297, Aug 02 = 345, Nov 02 = 342 and the last (Jan 03) contains 350 clients. I need a way to import all the details of the clients from each worksheet to a ...

Help with LOOKUP function
This function is in a workbook with 2 sheets. It _almost_ works perfectly. These "C" columns in two different sheets '2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C, contain names of people. The D column in one of the sheets - '2004-2005'!D:D - contains a date associated with the person's name from the C column of 2004-2005 sheet. This formula is in the "D" column of Sheet 2005-2006. =LOOKUP('2005-2006'!C:C,'2004-2005'!C:C,'2004-2005'!D:D) The concept is for the formula to lookup the value (person's name) in column C of 2005-2006 a...

Legend Problems
I have some x-y scatter plots where the series titles are pulled from cells in the workbook. In the source data box the titles show up right, but on the chart the last of the text is being moved to the front. For instance, if the title is "33degC Hold (RE203)", it is showing up as ")33degC Hold (RE203". Any ideas on what the problem could be and how to fix it? It has also gone the reverse way. I had the following as a title "33 degC Hold Rep#1" entered, but it was displayed as "degC Hold Rep#1 33". Help! Some suggestions: 1) More the legen...

Problem forwarding
Guys, I have a few users using Outlook 2003 that are having problems forwarding. The first issue, is when 2 particular users forward messages they receive from another individual they body of the mail is not forwarded. The second option is 1 particular user when she forwards a message the attachment is dropped. I can't state that this problem comes from the external person sending the mail, because when that person sends me a mail, I'm able to forward with any issue. Any thoughts would help. "Nik" <test> wrote in message news:e$Zratv4KHA.6052@TK2MSFTNG...

return cell reference in a table based upon given lookup criteria
Is there a way to return the cell reference, or column/row coordinates, of a cell within an array or table by providing lookup criteria? Perhaps something like this: For a table of value in A1:E10 F1: (the value to find) G1: =ADDRESS(MAX((A1:E10=F1)*ROW(A1:E10)),MAX((A1:E10=F1)*COLUMN(A1:E10))) Note: Commit that array formula by holding down the [Ctrl][Shift] keys and press [Enter]. That formula returns the address of the 1st cell containing the value in F1, or #VALUE! if there is no match. Am I on the right track here? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Travis" ...

Problem Pasting
When copying from a cell that has a formula Excel pastes the value of the cell you copied from as well as the formula. When trying it from another computer it only pasted the formula. Is there a setting that can be changed to have it ONLY paste the formula? Thanks I imagine you could use EDIT-> PASTE SPECIAL -> FORMULAS. "Mary M" <MaryM@noneformeplease.com> wrote in message news:OCDIhAiDFHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When copying from a cell that has a formula Excel pastes the value of the > cell you copied from as well as the formula. > > When tr...

Replication problem in exchnage 5.5 server.
We are using exchnage 5.5 server for messaging.we have around 40 loactions and all are connected by wan link to the mainserver.In one of my location they deleted one e-mail id and replicated with other server.But in one of my other location still showing the deleted e-mail id in GAL.what could be wrong? Is it only one site or server that still shows the original ID or other sites and servers as well still see this? If it is just one I would make sure directory replication is working correctly. Try forcing a manual replication and also doing a knowledge consistency check. Once I also ha...

IF Function Problem
Hello All, I am using Office XP and have the following problem I have a worksheet which uses lookup to extract names from range name Codes as follows Col O=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(D2,CODES,6,FALSE)),"",(VLOOKUP(D2,CODES,6,FALSE))) I wish to add another IF condition to the above formula to test that: If Col D2 = EGSP AND Col A = date greater than or equal to 15-Nov-2005 then it should display the name as 'Jack' otherwise 'James'. All other values should remain unchanged Thanks a lot Rashid =IF(D2="EGSP",IF(A2>=--"2005-11-15","Jack",&q...

Advanced Lookups
Is there any way to make an advanced lookup the default lookup? so you don't have to always choose that option when doing a lookup? Thanks for any help. Tracey D Advanced lookups ARE the default unless you've done something to make it now so. There isn't any way to "choose" the option when doing a lookup that I know of unless you have some type of customization (easy to do) that would give the user an option. patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tracey D" <...

Problems using calendar scheduling with .com and .local accounts?
Hey Everyone, I hope someone out there might have an easy solution for an exchange challenge we are having. We have the exchange server setup but it is only being used for calendars and public folders. All of the email is being routed through an email and website hosting provider. Therefore, everyone's outlook is setup with their POP account (company.com) being the default and their Exchange Server account (company.local) as the other account. There are no problems connecting to the server but when we send out a group meeting request from the exchange calendar, it goes out via the ....

Downloading problems #2
After updating to MS money 2004 SB when I download the QIF or OFX files from my bank all transactions come up as withdrawals. Any ideas ...

on-going picture problems
Hi all, A local business using Publisher 2000 has created a number of templates (most of the content is images) They have now upgraded to Publisher 2002. The basic pictures are all 529 x 358 pixels. (an aspect ratio of 1.477 : 1 ) The placeholders are at varying aspect ratios ranging from 1.33:1 through to 1.47:1 but it appears that the pictures all autoresize ( and distort to a varying degree as a result) to fit the placeholders in full ( the placeholders all have a border so this is plainly visible) However this does not happen in 2002 or 2003. In these programs the images fill the frame in...

Problem with Equation Display
I am a resonably experienced Excel user trying to use to enter some equations into a new spreadsheet. Something's screwy because the cells where I typed my equations are displaying the equation and not the result. I tried doing things differently - using Excel to prod me to enter the equation, and even using simple equations like "=1/2" to try to get a numerical result. No luck, all I get is a text form of the equation. The Tools/Options/View/Formulas checkbox is clear, so that is not the problem. What can I have set wrong? Doug Are the cells in question formatted as...

Calling employee lookup from button through VBA code
Dear All, Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button of a modified form through VBA code. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Hi, If I'm understanding the question - you need to add the lookup button to your project and make sure your project provides that it runs on the modified form. Leslie "Dexdev" wrote: > Dear All, > > Can anyone show me how to call an existing GP employee lookup from a button > of a modified form through VBA code. > > > Thanks in advance. > > -- > Developer Hello Dexdev As per...