looking for Excel VBA work

I am looking for Excel VBA work... I have been working with excel and
vba for the past 3 years.  I am very involved in it.  I love helping
people.  Although I do require some money for my work, I do not charge
as high as most programmer's do.  If you need some help or some work
done, please contact me at

conspiringfate@earthlink.net

Mike

--
conspiringfate
conspiringfate's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31745

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I need some VBA work, though not necisarilly Excel. I've to merge ACT!
and Outlook, then create a cron job that will do it on demand or daily.

What I'd thought was:

1. Create a VBA marco in Outlook that exports to Excel.
2. Create a macro in ACT! that exports to Excel.
3. Run an Excel Macro that merges the two, looking for similar contact
files.
4. Import back into Outlook and ACT! overwriting and deleting old
contacts.

Or:

1. Write a VBA macro in Outlook, that sucks everything out of the
act.dbf and into Outlook, updating old contacts and creating new ones
where needed.

What do you think, nuts?

S.

0
samearle (9)

Excel users! Do-It-Yourself Dashboards, Reports, Guided Analytics and Business Presentations!
SiSense is pleased to announce the beta release of its first product Prism - a Powerful, innovative Do-It-Yourself productivity software for building, sharing and using business intelligence applications that solve common, information driven business problems. Highlights: * Build informative Dashboards, Reports, Scorecards and Guided Analytics solutions in one environment, over one or multiple data sources like Excel, Relational Databases, OLAP cubes and more... * Perform powerful multidimensional analysis over any data source using an extensive collection of filters and multidimensio...

Excel security update causes system to label Excel files as damage
After the recent installation of the KB918419 Security Update for Excel update on our network, problems occurred with a number of reports that we run regularly. These reports are coded in Perl and generate formatted Excel spreadsheets from a database. On opening the spreadsheets Excel claims the file is "damaged" and must be repaired. Repair seems to involve the removal of all formatting. Removal of the security update from our system caused the problem to stop, but this is a temporary solution. Removal of the code from the reports that sets the column size also solves the pro...

shared templates in Excel
How do I share a template folder between 2 computers on a local peer-to-peer network? In Word, I can specify the template location. How does it work in Excel? I have Windows XP. Thanks. ...

In an excel chart I want missing data to be ignored
I have several graphs I want to generate from a table of data. Some of the data is missing for certain parameters. Excel will not join points that are not part of a continuous set of data date Na conc. Cl conc 1/3/08 13 6 1/4/08 5 1/5/08 8 1/6/08 4 3 Any ideas Hi, If the cell is truly empty and the line drops to zero select the chart and check, Tools > Options > Chart > Plot empty cells as... If the cell actually contain conditional fo...

Rules Not Working
We recently switched to a web server email program - and my email now goes to a different folder - not the personal folder inbox and I cannot get my rule to forward e-mails to work - we have office 2007 - What's really confusing is if I test the rule it will show the fwd arrow on the original message and a copy will appear in my sent folder however the receipients do not receive it. I am able to manually fwd the email with no problems. I have a similar problem, however it had been working but I had to remove all my accounts and reinstall them. My MSN account would not downl...

Excel on thin client
We are experiencing a problem on a thin client box with the RDP client. When we highlight a group of cells and try to drag them we lose control and the selected range expands without being able to stop it apparantly until the buffer empties. There is a known issue with a thin client box and Citrix ICA but is there also one with RCP. ...

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Excel 2000 Problem
Hi, I have a client running some excel documents on Excel2000 on a Win98 Machine. The files are 2mb+ with lots of links. "Sometimes" when opening the following error comes up : EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL.EXE at 0167:300a22ae. Registers: EAX=00030030 CS=0167 EIP=300a22ae EFLGS=00010206 EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=0062a4fc EBP=0062a56c ECX=021c0080 DS=016f ESI=021f00bc FS=12ef EDX=00000010 ES=016f EDI=0062ce70 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 44 08 0c 89 45 dc 0f bf 07 47 89 45 e0 47 0f Stack dump: 00000000 0000201e 0062ae50 82a7fad8 3069f9c0 00000000 0062a524 0062a53...

Export Filtered Form Data To Excel
Here's one that's been bugging me for about a week now... I have a form that allows users to filter records, simple enough. But I want to give them the option to export the filtered records to Excel. I don't want to use the docmd.outputTo due to it won't filter the records, it puts all of the records in the file. I've looked around and found some code (actually that I'm already using), but the problem is that it outputs EVERYTHING on the form. My goal is to output only the fields that are on the form. I found another bit of code (following) that does what I need...

Exporting to Excel 2007 format from asp.net application
Hi All, I am trying to change my excel export format from .xls to .xlsx but till now I dont have any luck for this. I also tried changing content type and extension to .xlsx with no luck. Also when opening with .xls in Excel 2007 it gives me format error. I am sending plain HTML with content type changed to achive this. I want this functionality to be migrated to .xlsx format with minor changes in code. Please help me out on this. -Sameer ...

Problem with Excel 2000 Pivot Table in Excel 97
Greetings! I am attempting to use an Excel 2000 (E2K) worksheet with a pivot table in Excel 97 (E97); however, in E97 the drop down arrows for the row and column are missing. I'm clueless on what could be causing this. If I'm not mistaken E2K and E97 use the same file format. Are their any limitations on the use of pivot tables in E97 that do not apply in E2K? I certainly would appreciate any help anyone could offer. Thanks! -- Kevin ...

Exchange 2003 Store Limit Warning does not work
Why does not the store limit warning work with Exchange 2003 ? The "prohibit send" works ok, but the warning does not. How can I make it work ? It would be very important to us. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:33:26 +0300, "Petri Paunonen" <petri.paunonen@POISTAbrandtgroup.fi> wrote: >Why does not the store limit warning work with Exchange 2003 ? > >The "prohibit send" works ok, but the warning does not. How can I make it >work ? It would be very important to us. > What doesnt work about it? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:33:26 +0300, "Petri Pauno...

How do I open a com port using Excel visual basic
Has anybody got any code that would help me ...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

visual basic in excel -
Hi - I would like to Copy/Paste an area dependant on how many rows there are on a spreadsheet. I was thinking of using something like the below: X = COUNT("D:D") Range("A1:A" & X).Select Selection.Copy Range("D1:D" & X).Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("E4:E" & X).Select Setting X as the COUNT of Column D, then adding '&' X to the Range to set the length of the Copy/Paste. I haven't gotten it to work. Any advice? Thanks! X = Application.COUNT("D:D") you might want COUNTA if there is text in the column -- ...

Excel Toolbars in Word
I have created my own customised toolbar for word. I want to get rid o the menu which has: File, View, Tools, etc. I know this can be done i excel but can it be done in word -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This is an Excel group not Word! But as it happens, it works the same way, the commandbar is just called Menu Bar not Worksheet Menu Bar application.commandbars("Menu Bar").enabled=false -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ianripping >" <<...

export data from excel to adobe
If you have 2007, Microsoft has a free add-in that will add the ability to print to a file in .pdf format that works across all Office 2007 applications: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en If you don't have 2007, then one of the easiest to use .pdf file creators is probably PDFCreator from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ it installs as a virtual printer on your system and when you wish to create a .pdf file you simply print to that virtual printer. Instead of a sheet of paper, y...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

Excel : Cursor
Hi, Nearly finished the project I have been working on so will soon sto pestering! Is there any way of hiding/removing, the cursor box off a particula sheet? So the user would have to use the hyperlink icon. Thanks Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com you can try protecting/locking the cells. would that work for you? you can do that by going to tools, protection, protect sheet. "ajw150 >" wrote: > Hi, > > Nearly finished the project I have been working on so will soon stop > pestering! > > Is there any way of hiding/removing, the ...

Online Stock Trading and How the Stock Market Works #3
Here you can learn more about investing, and some specifics about trading . You'll also find a wide range of investing products and services to help you plan toward financial independence - however you define it. http://flying-rugs.com/stock-market/ ...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

Big mouse pointer size in Excel
Any body know how to change the mouse pointer size (the + pointer) in Excel ? I don't know why in one client's PC, its mouse pointer is bigger than normal, is it some kind of installation problem? Thanks. KL Go to Start SEttings Control Panel SEttings Mouse and you should be able to do some changes there "KL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:adbf01c3ec8c$d5f07cb0$a101280a@phx.gbl... : Any body know how to change the mouse pointer size (the + : pointer) in Excel ? I don't know why in one client's PC, : its mouse pointer is bigge...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

downloading excel from Office home and Student
I bough Office Home and Student how do I download Excel "Downloading Excel" <Downloading Excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2187E3C4-1DDF-4675-B363-DD0222C9046F@microsoft.com... > I bough Office Home and Student how do I download Excel Office Home and Student HAS Excel. You need to clarify your question. ...