Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files

I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body
knows?

See also post
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e

Bart
Excel 2003

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Bart,
Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the
description it seems you data is fine until you reenter
data  (F2+Enter would cause a reentry).

If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of
retrieving what data you can.   From your description it
sounds like someone selected all the cells on the sheet
and formatted them as text.    The numbers remain numbers
and the formulas remain formulas until you reenter the data.

Don't mess with your current workbook,  make a copy of the
entire file and play with the copy.

Install the TrimALL macro found at
be sure to read all of the information described in that
topic and in the topic above it, so that you will understand
what happens when you change format without reentry
and so that you will know what the TrimALL macro will
be doing.

the actual code can be obtained from within
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/code/join.txt
install the TrimAll macro or copy the entire join.txt
file  into a code module in your workbook.

Instructions to install a macro can be found in
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm#havemacro

Don't mess with your current workbook,  make a copy of the
entire file and play with the copy.

In the copy -- Select all of the columns that should not be text, don't
worry about  headers at top of columns (unless they are dates).
Then    Format, Cells, General
next run the TrimALL macro,  without changing that selection.

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

<inovatrack@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172373259.568916.127720@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com...
> I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body
> knows?
>
> See also post

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e

> Bart
> Excel 2003

shared templates in Excel
How do I share a template folder between 2 computers on a local peer-to-peer network? In Word, I can specify the template location. How does it work in Excel? I have Windows XP. Thanks. ...

Mysterious File Corruption
Some time ago, while still on Excel 97, I encountered the following problem. I had a workbook that grew by a tab (sheet) every month. (The previous month's tab would be copied, renamed, and some formulas linked back to the previous tab.) At approximately the 50th sheet it quit - the Move or Copy command was still available, but produced no results. Examination revealed no abnormalities except sheet names - in Microsoft Visual Basic, sheet numbers looked very weird. They went Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, but after Sheet4 came Sheet 41, then Sheet411, Sheet 4111, etc. The last one (where the co...

New RMS 2 GP Integration Tool
Dear All, I have developed the tool which send data to RMS to Microsoft Great Plains for the Sales Transaction, this tool contain the RMSManager, RMS Scheduler, RMS2GP. the scheduler application work as service and keep in system tray, you can scheudle to sycn the customer, vendor, items, and sales transaction data. I would like to sale this with nominal price with the source code. so how ever interested let me know. Akber alwani89@hotmail.com ...

In an excel chart I want missing data to be ignored
I have several graphs I want to generate from a table of data. Some of the data is missing for certain parameters. Excel will not join points that are not part of a continuous set of data date Na conc. Cl conc 1/3/08 13 6 1/4/08 5 1/5/08 8 1/6/08 4 3 Any ideas Hi, If the cell is truly empty and the line drops to zero select the chart and check, Tools > Options > Chart > Plot empty cells as... If the cell actually contain conditional fo...

Excel on thin client
We are experiencing a problem on a thin client box with the RDP client. When we highlight a group of cells and try to drag them we lose control and the selected range expands without being able to stop it apparantly until the buffer empties. There is a known issue with a thin client box and Citrix ICA but is there also one with RCP. ...

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

How do I open a com port using Excel visual basic
Has anybody got any code that would help me ...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

tools > options
In pub 2003 I go to tools > options and set file locations for publications and for pictures. Pub 2007 does not seem to work the sane way. How can I tell pub where to look for files and where to save them? -- SOB711 Weird ain't it? I think they forgot to put it in. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "SOB711" <SOB711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86B625A5-8F37-48BE-A4D8-880ACA021A64@microsoft.com... > In pub 2003 I go to tools > options and set file locations for > publications > and for pictures. >...

Excel - Array Formulas - Freeze
Hi all I have a big problem. It takes about 30 minutes to save my excel fil because I have many array formula: about 32 000! So do you have a ti to accelerate the computing process? Is a VBA function would do i faster? Here is an example of what I use: Col A contain unique numbers Sheet 1: Col A Col B Col C Row1 001 123 9i9 Row2 005 456 8u8 Row3 003 406 8ur etc... to +8000 In sheet 2, I have to check if the data exist in sheet 1. Col D contai Yes (data is in the sheet1) or No... Examples: Col D check if the data in Col B is the same in sheet 1 Col...

"All files"
I currently hyperlink PDF files to records within a database. When actioning a hyperlink, a "Link to file" box appears, the bottom "Files of Type" dialog shows "Office Files". I have to change this everytime to "All Files" so that files can be associated with the PDF. Is there a solution for the PDF files to become the default? Use the API found at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm to call your file dialog. As you will see you can control your strFilter to control which file types to display/filter. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pin...

export data from excel to adobe
If you have 2007, Microsoft has a free add-in that will add the ability to print to a file in .pdf format that works across all Office 2007 applications: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en If you don't have 2007, then one of the easiest to use .pdf file creators is probably PDFCreator from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ it installs as a virtual printer on your system and when you wish to create a .pdf file you simply print to that virtual printer. Instead of a sheet of paper, y...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

How to delete of archive log files! Emergency!
My Windows 2003 Exchange server went down this morning. The reason was HD space. When looking at the HD I found a total of 39 GB used by Exxxx.log files in the First Storage Group. There are log files as old as 9/28/2004. There are a total of 8153 log file and each one takes 5 MB. My question is how can I delete some, a range or all of these files? If you are able to help please advise and reply to this e-mail. Thank you in advance for your help! On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:21:05 -0700, DMI <DMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My Windows 2003 Exchange server went down this ...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

Upward compatibility of publisher 2000 files with pub 2003
I have many pub 2000 files and am contemplating buying office 2003 for small business, but I have been told that my pub 2000 files will not be compatible with pub 2003. Is this true and what can be done about it? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Clayton Perry <Clayton Perry@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have many pub 2000 files and am contemplating buying office 2003 > for small business, but I have been told that my pub 2000 files will > not be compatible with pub 2003. This is inaccurate. Publisher 2000 files will almost alwa...

Excel : Cursor
Hi, Nearly finished the project I have been working on so will soon sto pestering! Is there any way of hiding/removing, the cursor box off a particula sheet? So the user would have to use the hyperlink icon. Thanks Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com you can try protecting/locking the cells. would that work for you? you can do that by going to tools, protection, protect sheet. "ajw150 >" wrote: > Hi, > > Nearly finished the project I have been working on so will soon stop > pestering! > > Is there any way of hiding/removing, the ...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

Big mouse pointer size in Excel
Any body know how to change the mouse pointer size (the + pointer) in Excel ? I don't know why in one client's PC, its mouse pointer is bigger than normal, is it some kind of installation problem? Thanks. KL Go to Start SEttings Control Panel SEttings Mouse and you should be able to do some changes there "KL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:adbf01c3ec8c$d5f07cb0$a101280a@phx.gbl... : Any body know how to change the mouse pointer size (the + : pointer) in Excel ? I don't know why in one client's PC, : its mouse pointer is bigge...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

downloading excel from Office home and Student
I bough Office Home and Student how do I download Excel "Downloading Excel" <Downloading Excel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2187E3C4-1DDF-4675-B363-DD0222C9046F@microsoft.com... > I bough Office Home and Student how do I download Excel Office Home and Student HAS Excel. You need to clarify your question. ...

How do I copy a graph to new worksheet and get data from new sheet?
When I copy a worksheet with a graph or just copy a graph and paste in a new worksheet, the source data is still linked to the original worksheet. I've tried editing the sorce data to remove the sheet name to try to make it relative to the current sheet, but that gives me "Error in your formula". Is there a quick way to get the graph to link to the data in the new worksheet? Even a macro would help, if that's what it takes. Thanx in advance... If the chart is embedded in the worksheet, you should be able to copy the worksheet elsewhere, and the copied chart will point t...

Opening xlsx files in Excel 2000
I'm getting an error opening an xlsx file in Excel 2000. I have tried installing the 2007 Compatibility pack. I uninstalled and reinstalled Excel 2000 and the Compatibility pack. Ironically I've gotten it to work on another of my computers (same version of Excel) but can't seem to get it to work on my desktop. Should be a simple fix since this is an "old" problem but I can't seem to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. You neglected to include the error message, exact phrasing is usually important too. MikeP wrote: > I'm gett...

Excel and Lotus Notes
Hi all, I've done intensive programming with Excel and Outlook. However, my employer prefers Lotus Notes and hence I cannot use any of my code there. Is there a way to send data from Excel through Notes at all? Thanks, Cade "Cade" <cade72@lycos.com> wrote... >I've done intensive programming with Excel and Outlook. However, my >employer prefers Lotus Notes and hence I cannot use any of my code >there. Is there a way to send data from Excel through Notes at all? Yes, but you'll need to learn the Notes object model. ...

Looking for basic multiplaction formula
HI ALL, I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) I have tried =(D5*A5) in d14 and then pulling it down to d18 PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!! Sounds to me like you had it right... what's not working? In cell D14 enter "=D5*A5" Copy that and paste it in cells D15 to D18. Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel) www.excelguru.ca Concarp wrote: > HI ALL, > I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and > put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) > ...