Looking for a checkbox

Hello: I'm looking to put a small checkbox on each row of an Excel Worksheet
with code to be executed when the user clicks the checkbox.

Can someone point me to a way to do this?

THanks
-Ed

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
use the checkobox from the toolbox toolbar ('View - Toolbars -
Toolbox')

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Ed Landau" <aunst8_2000NO_SPAM@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello: I'm looking to put a small checkbox on each row of an Excel
Worksheet
> with code to be executed when the user clicks the checkbox.
>
> Can someone point me to a way to do this?
>
> THanks
> -Ed

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/14/2004 5:30:48 AM
You can use a checkbox from the Forms toolbar (View>Toolbars>Forms).
Right-click on the checkbox, and assign a macro to run when the checkbox
is clicked.

Or, use a checkbox from the Control toolbox (View>Toolbars>Control toolbox)
In design mode, double-click on the checkbox.
Where the cursor is flashing, type your code.

Ed Landau wrote:
> Hello: I'm looking to put a small checkbox on each row of an Excel Worksheet
> with code to be executed when the user clicks the checkbox.
>
> Can someone point me to a way to do this?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
9/14/2004 11:05:35 AM
Thanks.
Is there a way to say that for each new row of data that gets entered, a new
checkbox appears in Column 1?

-Ed
"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> You can use a checkbox from the Forms toolbar (View>Toolbars>Forms).
> Right-click on the checkbox, and assign a macro to run when the checkbox
> is clicked.
>
> Or, use a checkbox from the Control toolbox (View>Toolbars>Control
> toolbox)
> In design mode, double-click on the checkbox.
> Where the cursor is flashing, type your code.
>
> Ed Landau wrote:
>> Hello: I'm looking to put a small checkbox on each row of an Excel
>> Worksheet with code to be executed when the user clicks the checkbox.
>>
>> Can someone point me to a way to do this?
>
> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Calling a checkbox control with VB
Hi Is there a way I can reference a checkbox item that I can manipulate in VBA. For instance... I have a series of check boxes that I would like to change the properties of with a loop So my checkboxes are called: CheckBox1 CheckBox2 CheckBox3 etc and I want to be able to reference them like so: For i = 1 to 20 "CheckBox" & i.Value = true next i Any ideas? By the format of the name, I assume that they are control toolbox checkboxes. Dim oOLE As Object For Each oOLE In ActiveSheet.OLEObjects If TypeName(oOLE.Object) = "CheckBox" Then ...

checkbox/calculations
I have a form with a subform. In the subform I have all the past service dates. I have a calculation where I take the most recent service date and multiply by the service interval on the main form to give me the next service date. I would like to add a checkbox in the subform or next to the nextservice date so it can take that date and put it into the servicelog and give me the next date automatically. Is there a way to do this. and if so what is the easiest way to go about it. I basically want it to automatically update without me having to move the date manually from the next service ...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

OL98 custom form
I created a custom form that includes a checkbox with the following properties: FIELD = Admin Action TYPE = Yes/No Format = Yes/No Property to Use = Caption when I created this new 'admin action' field -- it automatically selected "Caption" for 'property to use' and entered 'false' in Display/Caption. Anyway, when I print the form -- it gives a value of 0 or -1 in the admin action field. What I want it to display is either "yes" or "no" Pls help. Thank you. PS. I also tried using 'VALUE' in the Property to Use field...and it ...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

Looking for basic multiplaction formula
HI ALL, I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) I have tried =(D5*A5) in d14 and then pulling it down to d18 PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!! Sounds to me like you had it right... what's not working? In cell D14 enter "=D5*A5" Copy that and paste it in cells D15 to D18. Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel) www.excelguru.ca Concarp wrote: > HI ALL, > I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and > put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) > ...

look up who is connected
hello i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a lot of dirs. can powershell do the job and how? not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this for you. regards Ramazan "ryan" <ryanlihk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eKobVuVrKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hello > > i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a > lot of dirs. > > can powershell do the job and how? thanks On 2/15/2010 2:21 AM, RCan wrote: > not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this...

Looking for sheet to handle MPG, etc
HI I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. things like MPG etc. It would be great to have a ready made sheet to handle this info thanks supermari -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This shouldn't be too difficult unless you attended college at Texas A&M =miles driven/gallons used -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "supermario >" <<supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com... > HI > I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. > things like MPG etc. &g...

CheckBox Code to copy & paste range
Mobys of VBA, I 'm trying to write what I assumed was a simple copy & paste procedur using a checkbox value as the trigger. I have tried numerous variations but to no avail. I get no error messages, I also get no desired results except that everytime I run the code it does unprotect and protect th worksheet and it always clears the contents of rng2. The two named ranges (rng1 & rng2) are unprotected and the same siz and configuration (i.e. A20:A22, A43:A45 respectively) , but they ar on different sheets. Thanks for any help Here is my best code to date: Option Explicit Private Su...

Look at this package from M$
--ivtelxoethnivzpa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="owjfpbnibkp"; type="multipart/alternative" --owjfpbnibkp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rubabijkdwz" --rubabijkdwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vuln...

Look at these security update
--wpxhtpbmrmsmmz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gpfmogvvgagrxl"; type="multipart/alternative" --gpfmogvvgagrxl Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uxubtxafyzmt" --uxubtxafyzmt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

CRM 4.0 Out Look Client
Hi All, I have a problem in CRM Outlook Client. After i do install Out Client and configure it to allow send and recieve emails through CRM, it is working fine. But due to some reasons the menu called "CRM" is disappearing from outlook Tool bar and it stops sending emails throgh CRM. It may happen after few days of working well. Could any body help me to find the reason for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

CListCtl checkbox help needed
All, How can I tell when a user put a check in the checkbox in a CListCtl? I tried using OnHdnItemchangingMyListSp and OnHdnItemchangedMyListSp with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Aren't you catching the LVN_ITEMCHANGED message to handle checking and unchecking the items? AliR. P.S. the OnHdn..... are header notifications. "CodeTestDummy" <sharp_mind.TAKETHISOUT@email.TAKETHISOUT.msn.comm> wrote in message news:uNx1qwG4IHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > All, > > How can I tell when a user put a check in the ...

Oh look...the forum is not working again. NOT SURPRISES!!!!!
-- Cheers, Ryan Never stops working for me, but than I have the sense to use the UseNet groups, not a web forum. Bob "Ryan H" <RyanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C709FADE-2DA0-4323-AAB3-3D3124831FDE@microsoft.com... > > -- > Cheers, > Ryan ...

Have a look at this website.
Have a look at this website. http://www.wealthtoolbox.com/?ref=cikubiru@gmail.com ...

Ticked checkboxes on subform
Hi all, I have three checkboxes on a subform, S5, S10 and S15, indicating whether a vehicle has had a service at 5k, 10k and 15k intervals. I want to loop through these to test if a service has been completed already, depending on the kilometers entered on the main form [endodo]. So if a vehicle has a speedo reading of 16400 kms, and subform's S5 is ticked, S10 is ticked, yet S15 isn't, then I get a msgbox to alert me that a service is due. Can someone help with the clues to the code I should use please? tia DubboPete On Sep 4, 12:50 am, DubboPete <osnab...@tpg.com.au> wr...

Looking for PO Generator
I have a client that is looking for an advanced PO Generator. They generally need a Sales Order with multiple sales lines to generate PO per line instead of combined. Any Add On's that have that ability? Jim Hi Jim, I think Microsoft has its own module called 'PO Generator' that they are selling. Not sure if it does what you're looking for, but might be worth a look. There is a chapter in the Manufacturing Planning manual. I think it is part of the Manufacturing module of GP. Hope this helps Have a great day, Beat +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ B. Bucher Dynamics...

Combobox looking for data in a table and write to another
I have two comboboxes on my forms. One is Gender that has values stored in the Row Souce. This one works fine. I can scroll through record and select a value (male of female), then it will be saved into the Employee table. I can also scroll through records and it will display whatever saved value in the table on the same combobox. On my Order form, I have an Employee combobox which will find value from Employee table. My question is how I can save the selected value into the Order table? Thanks to any response, Guangdew -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Looking Up More than
Hi All Basically my problem is two fold - I need a LOOKUP formula that populates cell O7 on Sheet 2 with same value as that on Sheet1 cell O7 IF: the cell value Sheet1 B7:B200=Sheet2 B7:B200 AND Sheet1 C7:C200=Sheet2 C7:B200 AND Sheet1 D7:D200=Sheet2 D7:B200 AND Sheet1 E7:E200=Sheet2 E7:B200 Sheet 1 B C D E...... O 7 Q31 EUR 3652 23.65 settle 8 L17 GBP 2598 425.68 misc 9 N17 GBP 2598 425.68 misc Sheet 2 B C D E...... O 7 N17 GBP 2598 50.00 0 (as '0' need validation drop dow...

adding a 2nd look up field to a form or table
I am using Access 2003:( I am creating a database for multiple users. I have a table for case status that is used to indicate different types of cases. There are 4 common status types that are already listed in a drop down list, and only a handful of "other" types that are only used a couple times throughout the table. In order to limit the "other" types to be entered and to limit the data that might be entered in this field I want to create a table of "others" that would be used if "Other" is chosen from the 1st drop down list of status types. ...

Looking up a looked up look up value!
Hi, I'm trying to make one look up table look up the value from another look up table, and report the worded value rather than it's numerical representation. Example: Table A, Shifts = Days (1) / Nights (2) Table B, Customer pricing for days and/or nights which looks up table A for shift values (this works sucessfully) Table C, Labourers working for customer which needs to look up available shift patterns from table B, ( this reports back either (1) or (2) rather than the word Day or Night How do I get this to work and show me the words rather than the numbe...