locked excel File ??

Hi .

I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system.
Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College"
- but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC.
We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007.

What can I do??

THnks for help
Susan

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel for Mac 2004
People, I have an eMac running OS 10.2.8 with Office 2004 for Mac installed. I applied all the latest updates for Office. I am trying to create a header for an Excel worksheet. When I go to File/Page Setup, header/footer tab, I select "customize header" and then select the center section. I type in my header and then select all text to change the font style to a larger font. I do a preview to see how I like it. Not good enough so I go back to select the center text again however this time the text does not show up in the center section so I can't edit it - font characteri...

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

howto copy a file programmatically?
hi! just as topic - unfortunately i am not able to find a function like _mkdir for copying a file... thanks philipp "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:4033661c$0$28886$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at... > hi! > > just as topic - unfortunately i am not able to find a function like _mkdir > for copying a file... > > thanks philipp > > One option is to use the CopyFile() API. -- Bjarne Nielsen try MoveFileEx or CopyFile "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message news:40...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

Excell If then
In excell How do I write the formula to say If Sheet One Column A1>0 enter Data in B1, B2, B3 on sheet 2 Column C1, C2, C3 You would need multiple formulas for that, one for each cell you want data entered in. Formulas can only return a value in the cell that holds the formulas -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Baffle, Atlanta, Ga" <Baffle, Atlanta, Ga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:955AF11C-7AB7-4A52-8737-CF396B1C53DE@microsoft.com... > In excell How do I write the formula to say > If Sheet One Column A1>0 enter Data in B1, B2, B3 on sheet 2 ...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

Printing problem in Excell 2007
One of my suppliers sends me his price list in an excel file, this file has a large Logo picture on the first page. When I look at the spreadsheet in any of the Excel views it looks great however when I print it or send it to Adobe Acrobat for PDF'ing the logo almost doubles in size covering data on the spreadsheet. I have noticed that some other of my spreadsheets do the same thing. Does anyone have any idea why excel does this? ...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

rounding problem in Excel
When I export data from Access into Excel and then sum the column, the result is not the same as it is when I use an adding machine or add it up in my head. Excel appears to be rounding down over 5 instead of up. See below. How do I get Excel to round properly? A- Sum with 2 digits after decimal B-Sum with 3 digits after the decimal C- straight data entry with 2 digits after decimal (same total as calculator) D- straight data entry with 3 digits after decimal (same total as calculator) A B C D ...

Limit to graphs in excel??
Have heard rumours that there is a maximum no of graphs that can be in an Excel workbook. What is that number. I currently have 126 and am looking to increase, but don't want to lose everything in the process. If there is, what is the workaround or patch?? :confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ A workbook size limitation, no matter the content, is based on your computer system/memory. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone....

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

Open to Blank Pivot Table Data (Excel 2007)
I am wanting a user to open a file to a blank pivot table that has all of the columns and rows defined, but they have to refresh the table for data to appear. In PivotTable options I have: * unchecked to save source data w/ the file * set the number of records to retain per field as none However, when someone opens the file I send them it is still showing data. However, if I try to interact w/ the data I get an error the table was saved w/o underlying data so I will have to do a refresh. Therefore, my previous two settings seem to be working right except for it retaining a sn...

Excel #26
I am having a problem with a spreadsheet that has been created to be a timeline. What i see on the screen does not match what actually prints. With month columns and project name rows, my line will show in Nov on the screen and print only through Oct. Does this make sense? Can anyone help? Sounds like print area has been set. File, Page setup, Sheet. Then either remove sheet settings or re-define for the area you want to print. >-----Original Message----- >I am having a problem with a spreadsheet that has been >created to be a timeline. > >What i see on the screen ...

EXCEL Chart Expertise
Is there anyone in this group that can offer EXCEL expertise in an offline environment? I need some assistance in doing a chart. Thanks Brian "> Is there anyone in this group that can offer EXCEL expertise in an offline > environment? I need some assistance in doing a chart. Thanks Brian ...

Help with Journal
Hoping that someone can help with this. I use the Outlook Journal to track what documents I'm working on, but all of a sudden, Excel docs are no longer showing up in the Journal. Any one have a suggestion about how to resolve? -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

need excel viewer that works with win98
the current version of excel viewer and other viewers for office documents all version 2003 will not load in win98 environment. the free viewer from Microsoft: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/officeupdate/CD011347961033.aspx If that version isn't supported on your pc, Ken Wright posted this link to an older version: http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download.asp?fid=5257&fileidx=1 JimBarnett wrote: > > the current version of excel viewer and other viewers for office documents > all version 2003 will not load in win98 environment. -- Dave Peterson ...

excell 97
Want to print address label work sheets and or envelopes. I have already loaded the worksheet (data base )on excel 97. Have a windows 98 and word 97. Patience Allan......only been 9 minutes since your last posting on the subject. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:32:45 -0800, "Allan Lamont" <apl@usc.edu> wrote: >Want to print address label work sheets and or envelopes. I >have already loaded the worksheet (data base )on excel 97. >Have a windows 98 and word 97. ...

Warning Message in Excel
I am trying to hide some rows, but excel send me a message saying "Cannot shift objects off sheet" Someone know why if i do not have any object there. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Agustin Calderon" <Agustin Calderon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C02DBC48-6FD9-41DC-9AA9-28E0781362CD@microsoft.com... >I am trying to hide some rows, but excel send me a message saying "Cannot > shift objects off sheet" > Someone know why if i do not have any...

Deleting Names in Excel 2003
How do I delete names (name ranges) all at once, rather then having to do it individually On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:25:06 -0800, steve_nelson <steve_nelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc: >How do I delete names (name ranges) all at once, rather then having to do it >individually With VBA: Dim myName As Name For Each myName In Names myName.Delete Next myName Qualify Name as required: Application, Workbook, Worksheet. Unqualified, Names will refer to ActiveWorkbook. See Help: Names Property (<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft...

Money "lock-out" solution-thanks Kurt
Kurt Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running again! Thank -you What happens to all your data when you do that? Do you still have your data? I tried reinstalling, but no luck. I hate to uninstall, since I would lose all the data, right? Would appreciate info. Thanks, Alice >-----Original Message----- >Kurt > >Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 >and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running >again! Thank -you >. > Your data is in a file *.mny. This is ind...

Adjust an Excel table with the width of a Word page
Hol=E0 has todos los Excel users!! Here is my small problem (way of speaking, because for me it is an enormous problem, but for you, it is undoubtedly nothing.): Under Excel, I have a macro that creates several tables on several sheets (1 table per sheet). This macro selects and copies each table into a page in Word. The problem is that the number of columns is variable : at the time of copying, the table doesn't not fit the width of the Word page. That's why I'm seeking a way to do the following things : 1) calculate the number of columns of the xls table 2) find the width of ...

Lock autoshape to fixed position
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too! It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible to add a second window, but that does not look so well... Any ideas? Multiple fixed panes would be a great option! Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab > Advan...

File Open doesn't display all directories (List vs Details)
When in Excel, choose File, Open - when in 'LIST' view, I do not get all my subdirectories displayed. When the view is changed to 'DETAILS', all the subdirectories are displayed. Changed back to "LIST" view, and subdirectories go missing again. However, when in Windows Explorer, all subdirectories are correctly displayed. What is causing this? And how to fix? (Windows 2000 with Office 2000 installed, all service packs installed). Oak, Could it be you need to scroll? Look for both horizontal and vertical scroll bars. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com...