Lock autoshape to fixed position

Hello,

Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed
position.
I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and
scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made
of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too!
It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible
to add a second window, but that does not look so well...

Any ideas?
Multiple fixed panes would be a great option!

0
m3738 (3)
1/19/2004 12:19:15 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab

"mb" <m@sorrynospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed
> position.
> I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header
and
> scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made
> of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll
too!
> It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is
possible
> to add a second window, but that does not look so well...
>
> Any ideas?
> Multiple fixed panes would be a great option!

Thanks for your reply,
Would be a nice option, if available. My versions of Excel (2002, 2003) do
not seem to have the layout tab (others are Colors and Lines, Style,
Picture, Protection, ...).
Marc

"Candice Mesk" <candimouseREMOVE@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
> Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties >
> Layout tab
> > Advanced Button.
>

> "mb" <m@sorrynospam.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed
> > position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e.
> > a fixed header
> and
> > scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button
> > bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the
> > buttons scroll
> too!
> > It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is
> possible
> > to add a second window, but that does not look so well...
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > Multiple fixed panes would be a great option!

0
m3738 (3)
1/20/2004 8:11:46 AM
darnit, you're right...was thinking of Word. Really hope that you come
right.

> Thanks for your reply,
> Would be a nice option, if available. My versions of Excel (2002, 2003) do
> not seem to have the layout tab (others are Colors and Lines, Style,
> Picture, Protection, ...).
> Marc
>
> "Candice Mesk" <candimouseREMOVE@mweb.co.za> wrote in message
> > Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties >
> > Layout tab
> > > Advanced Button.
> >

> > "mb" <m@sorrynospam.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed
> > > position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e.
> > > a fixed header
> > and
> > > scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button
> > > bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the
> > > buttons scroll
> > too!
> > > It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is
> > possible
> > > to add a second window, but that does not look so well...
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > > Multiple fixed panes would be a great option!

locking up
This might be more of a GDI question, but since I'm in MFC, I'll ask: Would BitBlt-ing to the screen repeatedly tend to lock up a program, after alt+tabbing to another application? If so, why? This seems to be happening to me, and I want to get to the bottom of the problem. What I have is either a fade loop or a screen-size redraw, both based on a timer and bitblt. Quite often, after I leave the program to go to another app, I cannot return and must "end task". "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23YFL5Ks%23F...

Desktop Alert Locks Computer
Greetings, I am seeing a little quirk on some of my desktops. It only happens occasionally, but it happens to different models of PC. Not all the time, but once in awhile, I have users that complain of their PC freezing. The only remedy is to do a hard reboot. I have noticed in these instances, that the desktop mail alert ( the preview that pops up by the system clock when you get a new mail) is showing when it froze. If I go into Outlook and turn off the desktop alert, then the PC freezing stops. So, I know that the Desktop Alert is the cause of the problem. Has anyone else ever seen this? Th...

Lock formula to cell
I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a column the formula will always remain with say column H I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this happening but that is no use when I have to unprotect the sheet to delete a column. Anyone got thoughts on this? regards Pat Hi Pat without using VBA you can't achieve this Frank Pat wrote: > I want a formula to lock to a cell so that when I add or delete a > column the formula will always remain with say column H > > I know if the sheet is Password protected this will prevent this >...

locked excel File ??
Hi . I am working with my colleges with one Excel file in a shared file system. Sometime - when I open the file, there is the message "locked from College" - but he is definetly out of office and shut down his PC. We are using Excel 2003 + Excel 2007. What can I do?? THnks for help Susan ...

Locked out of database
Not sure what happened but get a message saying "database has been converted from a prior version of Access by using DAO compactdatabase and is now in a partially converted state." It says I should be able to import tables into a new data base but when I try this it just gives the same message about converting and the data base just doesn't open. Please help because lots at stake, have to do a report based on these tables so am waiting with anticipation!!!x Hi Pete, Usually this means you are opening an earlier version of Access in a new version. Make a copy of the data...

Copy and Paste a formula as Values in a fixed Range as a loop statement using VBA
I have 3 work sheets i.e. a "Summary" sheet, a "Phase1" and a "Phase2" sheet The Phase1 and Phase2 sheets are a result of certain parameters that are entered separately for each of the Phases that produces the results in them. All the 3 sheets have fixed ranges and they are A2:AC151, the dates are within the range C3:AC150 for each Phase. All the 3 sheets have the same structure something like this A B C D E SAP NO CostCenter Dec-03 Jan-04 Feb-04 422100 DTF-Office 60,000 186,000 174,000 422140 DTF-Office 40,000 124,000 116,000...

Outllook2007 to open my Outlook2002 Win7 says files locked.
I'm following 2002 to 2007 instructions step by step. When I point Outlook to my ..pst file, I get access restriction messages. How do I make sure these files can be accessed by Outlook 2007? Thanks. Which exact steps are these? From your Outlook 2002 machine, copy the pst-file to your Outlook 2007 machine and place it in a convenient location such as My Documents\Outlook\ In Outlook 2007 you can then reconnect to the pst-file via; File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaai...

Lock autoshape to fixed position
Hello, Does anybody know if it is possible to keep an autoshape to a fixed position. I have a worksheet that has two panes, one is frozen i.e. a fixed header and scrollable rows. On the bottom of the page I want to put a button bar made of shape buttons. The problem is that when I scroll, the buttons scroll too! It would be nices if I can keep them in position. I know that is is possible to add a second window, but that does not look so well... Any ideas? Multiple fixed panes would be a great option! Change the alignment option to be absolute. Picture properties > Layout tab > Advan...

adjusting attachment position
When inserting an attachment it is appearing in the main body of the email. Is there a setting so that the default setting is for the attachment to appear in the "attachment" window of the email header section? Change your message format from Rich Text to Plain Text or HTML -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "wunjo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:065901c4a5d6$ea92f360$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Wh...

Money "lock-out" solution-thanks Kurt
Kurt Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running again! Thank -you What happens to all your data when you do that? Do you still have your data? I tried reinstalling, but no luck. I hate to uninstall, since I would lose all the data, right? Would appreciate info. Thanks, Alice >-----Original Message----- >Kurt > >Thanks for the idea. It worked. I unistalled money 2002 >and the reinstalled using custom mode...up and running >again! Thank -you >. > Your data is in a file *.mny. This is ind...

Move a page position
I am new at Publisher so forgive me. I am writing a photo documentary. My pictures on Publisher have had to be broken up into sets of 101 due to size. When I open one of the volumes (Publisher Documents) to edit the photos, I notice that the page is located at the 0" X axis but at the 1.875" Y axis. This means when I try to place the photo at 0" X and 0" Y, it is 1.875 inches too high according to the page location. How do I adjust the location of the page in accordance with the X and Y Axis? I use Windows Publisher 2007. Thank you When I position an image at ho...

Form locking up
I've completed my own Linked Table Manager wizard, so that the connections I create to SQL Server and Oracle database on my network don't require a DSN (DSN-less connections). This wizard exists in its own mda file, which I have added as a reference in several of my databases. In my test database, this wizard runs great. I've got a command button that calls a function (fnRefreshLinks) that exists in the wizard. It opens a form, refreshes a list of the linked tables, tests the link, and provides me with some options. When I run this same function from another database, it...

Where am I being locked out?!
This is an unusual problem and I'm hoping someone will have come across something similar before. Before I start I should state that I've hardly used Windows Server or Active Directory, so go easy on me if this is something obvious! I am having my account locked out on a daily basis. I know that this isn't to do with my machine as it happens even if I get my account unlocked and wait a day without turning my machine on I still can't log on the day after. I'm pretty sure it's a piece of software that I've installed somewhere that keeps trying to con...

Why not use this as a lock object in lock
Hello! According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance can be accessed publicly. Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this as the lock object like this. lock(this) { } //Tony On 2010-06-20 17:09, Tony Johansson wrote: > According to the docs it says that lock (this) is a problem if the instance > can be accessed publicly. > Can somebody explain what can happen if I have a lock section and use this > as the lock object like this. > lock(this) > { > > } > http://haacked.com/ar...

Autoshapes??
Hi... Can new autoshapes be downloaded (from who knows where) and added into Publisher (or any other Office App)?? How about creating Autoshapes from scratch or a JPG or whatever?? What App/tool would build/convert?? Thanks in advance, Steve You mean add it to the options of shapes? I really doubt it. Why not just create one from scratch and then save that file so you can copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Steve" <smking139@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uB4CHJFNHH...

"Computer Locked" dialog does not show up
I have windows XP Pro (version 2002) SP3. When I lock my computer, I do not see the "Computer Locked . . . " dialog. Instead, I only see the "Unlock Computer" dialog immediately upon locking. I am concerned about not pressing Ctrl+Atl+Del before entering my password to unlock. Is there a setting that I can change (I have extensive knowledge of windows registry and system tools, but I have not been able to find an option to "Show only unlock screen". ...

locks and more locks
Hello. This is about a SQL Server 2005 back end and Access 2007 front end. There is a front end on each user's machine. This has to do with the locking (or blocking as some call it) issue. Connections from the front end remain open once the user opens the front end until the front end closes, if the user closes the front end at all and not everyone closes the front end when done. There can be approximately 100 (+/-) people using the front end during the day. Some may actually be transmitting data (transactions) and some may not. But my thought is if the connection is a...

Budget/transfer problem in Money 05 -- work around? fixed in 06?
There is a bug that has been documented elsewhere in this newsgroup that I am running into in Money 2005. Namely, stock transactions show up as "Transfers in/out of budgeted accounts" even if the stock account in question is "included" in budgets. This results in double counting or inappropriately high expenses in looking at the budgeted vs. actuals report. For instance, if I receive a dividend, it shows up as income AND shows up as a "transfer to a budgeted account" (counted twice). If I buy a stock, it shows up as an expense: "Tranfer from a budgeted ac...

Keyboard locked
Hello all My keyboard seems to be locked and I can't type anthing. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501(three yrs old). I pressed the fn key with the number lock key and that didn't work. Can someone please help. Thx Dolores Try replacing the keyboard and/or rebooting your computer. "dolores01" <u59578@uwe> wrote in message news:a6fd3466ee816@uwe... > Hello all > My keyboard seems to be locked and I can't type anthing. I have a Dell > Inspiron 1501(three yrs old). I pressed the fn key with the number lock > key > and that didn't work. Can...

Copying and pasting list information that is not fixed (using dynamic ranges)
I have a database with 43 fields (mainly text) in which users will be entering information via a data form. I would like to add another worksheet that provides a summary of all the records, except with less fields (only 17) and different formatting. I've encountered problems trying to copy this information to another worksheet mainly because I'm not sure how many rows will have to be copied over at any given time. I've found references on the web informing how to create dynamic ranges (for both test and numeric information), so I've named each of the 17 fields and used the...

Determine which mail is locking queue
Came in to work yesterday and exchange was not delivering mail... bummer. I determined the queue was all backed up. Message tracking showed (*from memory) that the messages were being submitted to the advanced queue but would continue no further. I the reboot the server, stop the smtp server when it's back up move and then move all messages in the queue folder to a new folder and start the smtp server. All is well. I stop smtp server, place some of the messages I moved back into the queue folder and start the server again. So on and so forth until messages stop being delivered aga...

Template locked
We have a customised normal template on a network which is accessed by a number of users. Only I can modify the template. We have recently upgraded to Word 2007. The template is working well save that at the moment we are unable to delete or rename the template as it is saying that the document is locked by another user. All users were logged out at the time. Please help. The normal template is NOT intended to be shared. You should put whatever cutomizations you require into either an add-in (a template that is stored in each users Word Startup Folder or into a template tha...

How to lock vertical positon of linked excel charts
I link charts from excel into powerpoint. The total number of rows will periodically decrease/increase. The original linked chart is the max size. It can only decrease from there and maybe increase back to the original size as the data changes. All of my charts have a vertical position of 1.5 so they don't "jump" around to the viewer. How can I lock the vertical position when the data changes so I don't have to manually reset the slides? My automated slide deck is approx 124 slides, approx 50% are linked charts. Manually checking and fixing is not a good ...

Cursor Anchor Lock
I have had this happen to me in Excel over the years. I am sure it has to do with a memory issue but I am curious if it has happened to anyone else. The helpless desk where I work is clueless, I know 10X more about excel than anyone in the IT dept. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, my cursor will anchor onto a cell. I can still move the cursor but it stays in select mode, i.e. if I drag the mouse it is as if I was holding down the left click button, selecting cells as I move the mouse. No matter what I do I can't get the excel to deselect the cell and I have to control/alt/del to kil...