Lock and Unlock multiple tabs at once

How can I lock and unlock multiple tabs at once.  This workbook contains 100
tabs.  I will be nice to lock and unlock all the tabs at once without having
to go thru the tabs individually

0
abensouda (2)
8/1/2007 1:29:20 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

ab., you can use a macro like this

Sub Protect_All_Sheets()

 Dim ws As Worksheet

For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets

ws.Protect

Next ws

 End Sub

Paul B

"ab" <abensouda@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How can I lock and unlock multiple tabs at once.  This workbook contains
> 100 tabs.  I will be nice to lock and unlock all the tabs at once without
> having to go thru the tabs individually

Sub ProtectAllSheets()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim n As Single
    For n = 1 To Sheets.Count
        Sheets(n).Protect Password:="justme"
        'Sheets(n).UnProtect Password:="justme"
    Next n
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub Protect_Selected_Sheets()
Set MySheets = ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
For Each ws In MySheets
 ws.Select
   ws.Protect Password:="justme"
   'ws.UnProtect Password:="justme"
Next ws
End Sub

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:29:20 -0500, "ab" <abensouda@yahoo.com> wrote:

>How can I lock and unlock multiple tabs at once.  This workbook contains 100
>tabs.  I will be nice to lock and unlock all the tabs at once without having
>to go thru the tabs individually

0
Gord

Equation Evaluation at Multiple Points
I have seen this done but how to do it eludes me. What I'm looking for goes something like this. Fill a column with numbers (like 1, 2, 3,...) Fill the next column with the same equation. Somehow "associate" column 1 and 2 so that the equation is evaluated for the value in the first column. Select all of column 2 cells Enter formula needed Press CTRL+ENTER all cells filled with formula. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <stevelreid@aol.com> wrote in message news:1135779938.108941.255910@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I hav...

HELP--Import multiple OE message stores into Outlook.pst
Need to start using Outlook 2003 to manage my mail because I've hit the wall with Outlook Express v6 storage limits. A couple of days ago I ran out of OE capacity and OE 'thoughtfully' decided to 'archive' (for lack of a better term, though I know this may be the wrong terminology to use) all my mail folders (about 200). What OE did was keep my In, Sent, and Drafts in a new '{identity}' folder, and it left my 200 filed mail folders in an old {identity} that I can no longer access. I want to merge both OE mail stores into *one* new .pst in Outlok 2003. archived...

Database model locks up
I have Visio 2003. When I try to load a new Database Model Diagram, Visio locks up every time. I'm running XP Professional x64. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for any information. ------=_NextPart_0001_202DB7D5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Apparently this can occur with Visio 2003 on 64-bit Windows systems, and is related to the way that Visio reads the Printer supported paper sizes. I understood that there was a fix on the Vista side that should avoid it - so you might want to check that you are running Vista SP1 with the latest update...

Multiple Hyperlink from drop down list
Hi everyone, I am an excel beginner and this is my first time posting on this site. I have no experience with macros, and am only just starting to learn the ropes of other basic functions. Currently I have multiple worksheets set up. I want to create a drop down box in a worksheet that has 5 car dealership names. From this drop down box i want to be able to click on each one of these names and have each one be a separate link to a different spot on a different worksheet. Specifically: I have a worksheet called "Brand Names". On this worksheet i want to create a drop down b...

How do I get Multiple subtotal levels in EXCEL?
I have two levels of subtotals. The subtotal for the last group is printing after the subtotal for the higher level group. I am using EXCEL 2003. Maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831824 Multilevel subtotals are in the wrong position in Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 Minch Lewis wrote: > > I have two levels of subtotals. The subtotal for the last group is printing > after the subtotal for the higher level group. I am using EXCEL 2003. -- Dave Peterson http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831824 -- Regards Ken.....

Text Boxes on Tabbed pages in Form
I have an entry form for a database, and it has 8 tabbed pages. I have recently added 2 new text boxes in order to record and gather more information. However, as I go through the tabbed pages, the 2 new boxes I created show on every page. I noticed that when I click on the page tab, all the other boxes and fields that change from page to page have a black box, seemingly to show that they are grouped. I then when to Format and tried to group in my two new boxes, but that is not an option. I was wondering what can be done so I can have my newly created items only appear on the first...

Create another tab just like Notes
Is there any way to create another tab just like the Notes tab, how could I see the jscript behing that tab? When I click Change Properties, it says this field belongs to a locked section and cannot have its properties modified. See this post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/3f8a7a8289bd6b8d/4a886d86dc276fa6 It covers putting notes in a custom iframe - of course, this does not allow you to have another *field* like notes, it just lets you edit the notes field in more then one place. To create another field, your best bet is to create a ...

posting multiple worksheet .xls on webpage
I've run into a slight problem trying to post an excel spreadsheet to a webpage. The spreadsheet has 6 worksheets. I've placed a link to the .xls file in the webpage. If the user clicks on the link (to open the file), he/she only sees the first worksheet. If, however, he/she downloads the file by right-clicking the link and choosing to save the file, the entire file is downloaded, and the user can then see all worksheets. Why is this occurring, and what can I do to change this behavior? Thanks, Steve -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com...

countif using multiple criteria #2
I am trying to calculate how many times an event happens with multiple criteria. As i understand it COUNTIF will not work. But SUMPRODUCT is the way to go. I have tried this but am unable to get to work. I am trying to find out how many time "new" occurs in a given month say from 1st Jan to 31st Jan so my formula read =sumproduct((J20:J100>=01/01/06),(j20:j100<=31/01/06),(g20:G100="new") What am I doing wrong? =SUMPRODUCT(--(J20:J100>=--"1/1/6"),--(J20:J100<=--"31/1/6"),--(G20:G100="new")) however a better way would be =SU...

single function, multiple outputs...
I'm using the LINEST function, which in its simple mode returns a slope and a y-intercept... how do I make the selected cell return the y-intercept? Say my range is A1- A10 and B1-B10... my formula reads =LINEST(B1:B10,A1:A10) I just don't know what to add to make it return the second value (y-intercept) instead of the first (slope). Thanks. Adam, =INTERCEPT(B1:B10,A1:A10) Don Pistulka m Vogt" <vogad@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:049401c35324$3ca4b0a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using the LINEST function, which in its simple mode > returns a slop...

displaying multiple e-mail addresses
I am using Outlook 2000 with Windows XP and can not get my address book to display multiple e-mail addresses for my contacts. I would like to see all of the e-mail addresses which are loaded for a particular contact when I open the address book and/or when I select "To" or "Cc" to add an address to an e-mail. My work computer (Outlook 2000 and Windows 98) displays multiple entries for contacts with multiple e-mail addresses (E-mail, E-mail 2, E-mail 3). Can anyone tell me how to change this display setting? In what mail support mode are you using Outlook? If it's ...

Multiple Servers?
Can FRX pull data from multiple servers which are physically sitting in different locations? My company has done an acquisition. Does all of the GL data need to be sitting on the same server or can I consolidate financial statements from servers that are sitting in different cities? Thanks. Yes, It is possible to do a consolidation with data coming from different servers. In the System Specific tab of the company setup, you would require different DSNs (Data Source Names) for each server. However you mention that the servers are in different cities, so unless you have a fast link be...

multiple mail accounts/default and others
I have two mail accounts set up in my OL98/WinXP. I receive mail from both accounts but normally only send mail from my primary account which is also set as my default. But occassionally I will get mail on the secondary account (which is primarily an incoming mail only) that I want to reply to. But I find that when I reply to that incoming mail and then send/receive using that secondary (non-defualt) account the mail is not sent and remains in my outbox. But I've also tried to forward that message (rather than reply) and insert the reply to address in the to: field and use my primary (defa...

Splitting a single row into multiple copies
I have a very weird situation that I'm hoping some of you might have seen (and possibly resolved). We're migrating data from one system to another and the business rules have changed. System 1 allowed a user to create a record for an item with a quantity > 1. System 2 doesn't permit a quantity > 1 for certain items. Is there a way to create multiple rows in the source table (or an intermediate table) based on a list of item types which are not allowed to have a quantity > 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Joel j_racicot@hotmail.com wrote: >I have a very...

Synchronizing OL Data between multiple machines
If I wanted to synchronize the OL 2003 contents (i.e. email, contacts etc.) of two (or more) separate PCs, does anyone know of a suitable utility? Searching the net, I came across this site: http://www.mapistore.com/Outlook/Backup_and_Synchronize/Review_00833_index.html Has anyone used this or has any feedback on this product? Try here for a number of altertaives: Synch two machines: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm "Sitara Lal" <lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:OezsaTphFHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > If I wanted to synchronize the...

Multiple reports use same queries, how do I avoid rerunning querie
I'm working on several reports in an Access database and need some advice. I have three reports that are all based on a series of queries, and only the last one is specific to each report. It starts with a broad select query, then queries those results to reformat some data, then queries those results as a totals query and finally the report specific query runs to filter those results down to only that necessary for that specific report. I've built a macro to run all three reports, but each report calls all the underlying queries to be run. Because of the redundant querying, ...

Locked cells in IE
Hi, I need to open an Excel document from a web page. Active X controls are restricted and I cant pass the document as a parameter in a shortcut to the Excel executable because it needs to be generic (and would not e in this case). The problem Im having is that the Excel document contains locked cells that need to remain locked. When the document opens within the internet explorer interface the locked cells are not visible and the spreadsheet looks a bit disjointed. Does anyone know another way to open the document from a web page or how to make the cells visible? Many many thanks...

one code to do multiple things
hi, i have the code below which takes the value in cell U17 everytime it changes, and places it in column A on a sheet called graphs thereby forming a list down the sheet of all the values that appear in cell U17, for charting purposes. What i would like to do is to be able to duplicate this for different cells. ie have the cell values of W25 appear in a list in column K on the graphs sheet, and so on. this code was written for me by someone else as, could you please give me some code that will enable me to capture the values for two or three cells in sheet1 into the sheet cal...

Multiple Personal Folders after Import
I have recently re-installed Outlook 2002 and imported my old information from an outlook back up file. This worked, however, I now have three personal folder links in the folder list frame of outlook. Each "personal folders" list contains the same information: duplicate emails, contacts, etc. . . Does anyone have any idea how I can delete two of these personal folders to avoid having three different calendars/email folders going at the same time? Thank you. ...

How to merge multiple Inbox.dbx
Is ther eany way I ca n merge Inbox.dbx from multiple folders? I've multiple user who logs on the PC, If I start outlook with signing them off, the inbox get created under there home directory, so now I've about five places where I've INBOX.dbx, is anyone out there know how to merge all together? thanks for your time This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wind...

Web query
Hi, I need to export a table from web to excel. The table is large and the web only shows 20 entries per page and there are over 100 pages. I recorded a macro to pull over one page at a time but as more things are added to the table the pages increase and when they increase I need to add a new block of code. I have a feeling it's possible to get the whole table, irrespective of number of pages in the one go. However, I don't know how to do that. Could you let me know if this is actually possible and how to go about it please? A section of the code is at end of this ...

lock spreadsheet by date
Is there a way that I can password protect a workbook so that it will lock all within a set time frame? Not with any real assurance. Almost anything I would do would rely on macros and macros can be disabled. Carl wrote: > > Is there a way that I can password protect a workbook so that it will lock > all within a set time frame? -- Dave Peterson Do you have any suggestions on how I could do something of a similar natire? "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Not with any real assurance. > > Almost anything I would do would rely on macros and macros can be disabled. &...

Excel 2007 convert into tab delimeter text file with extra tab spa
Hi , Sub: I have excel 2007 trying to save as tab delimeted text file having an issue. I have saved my excel 2007 as separate Tab delimited Text files. I see extra tabs stored in the tab delimited text files. But when I do the same with excel 2003 it works fine there is not extra tabs stored in my tab delimited text file. My excel 2007 conveted to tab delimited text file looks like as shown below(Extra two tabs at the end of the each record). Data0<Tab>data1<Tab><Tab> Data2<Tab>data3<Tab><Tab> Appreciate your help in advance. Rega...

IE8 dead tabs
Windows 7, 32 bit. All required updates applied. IE 8.0.7600.16385 If I right click on a link and select "open in new tab", a new tab opens but it doesn't open linked web page, "connecting" message appears only. These actions don't fix this problem : -Removed antivirus software. -Tried at safe mode with networking -Cleared Internet Options>Connections>Lan settings>Automatically detect settings -Cleared Internet Options>Advanced>Enable 3rd party browser extensions -Tried with IE8 with "no add-on" Thank you. Hi, Try the r...

Notes Tab Hanging
When opening the Notes tab in any of the entities, sometimes all we get is a green circle going around like it's searching for data. It happens sporadically, not always on the same account or contact. I have been advised to press F5 to refresh the screen. This seems to work, but we would like to see a better fix. Thank you. Sorry I dont have a solution but I wanted to point out that you are not alone, we also have this issue. I think there is a bug that MS will have to fix. Regards "Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6B5F17F-D8CE-445...