Links in Text Boxes

Is it possible to add links to text boxes?

I am using a 100% stacked column graph, but I need to show the total
number of items that each column consists of.  I've been told to add
text boxes (which I really don't want to do because it will require
manual updating all the time and look really bad), but I can't find a
good way to display the count.  If I add text boxes with links, it
wouldn't be so bad.

Any suggestions appreciated!  Thanks.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Figured it out.  Just have to press F2 before you enter the cell
reference.  :)

Can't have a null value if another field has text.
I have tried a few different things to try and get this to work, but I can't seem to figure it out. Basically, I have a form with some text boxes linked to fields on a table, and I want one of two things to happen (the first one would be preferred, but if that's not possible, the second would be just as good): 1) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, move the text from Field 2 to Field 1 and change Field 2 to a Null value. 2) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, a message box pops up that essentially says "You can't do ...

VBA Text Color
I would like to change the text color to Red for a string being returned to a window through vba when certain conditions are met. I can see the vbRed control but cannot get it to work, Object Required. Has anyone been able to change the text color through vba, and how is it set? Mick Hi Mick I don't believe VBA can directly change the colours on a Dexterity field or window. You can use the unsupported but very useful method of pass through Dexterity SanScript to change the colour of the text or the background. I think you already have the company background colour VBA example. I...

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

email text missing when sent
I compose an email within Outlook and send it. The sent email only contains the first character of the text. The recipient of the email does receive it, but with only the one character in the text. When I look at the copy of the email in my Sent folder, the text only has one character. I repeated the process several times with the same result. The above was done with my Options set to Rich Text. When I change my Options to use HTML, everything is sent fine. This problem just occurred yesterday. I've been sending emails without problem for months. I didn't change any set...

Formulas coming up as text
Formulas continue to appear as text and will not calculate. how to get formulas to always calculate. If your formulas appear as text, then you need to first clear the cells before entering formulas. Select the cells, hit Edit-->Clear-->All. Save the file, format the column as General, and try again. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "cheryl" <dianeshar14donotspam@example.com> wrote in message news:D6AAAAFF-9E92-4947-837F-9FA96984BD4D@microsoft.com... > Formulas continue to appear as text and will not calculate. how to get > formulas to alway...

Can I insert Auto Text of Last Updated in Excel 2003?
Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? Using a macro yes http://tinyurl.com/4d4of -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "jess_steven" <jess_steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC065FC2-1B52-40D0-BB3E-04DDE7872268@microsoft.com... > Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? ...

Linked Forms

Running a combo box on a continuous form
I have a continuous form bound to a table containing names, addresses and post codes. A combo box, in each record, lists service agents covering the area identified by the associated post code. On GotFocus, the combo box runs a selection query taking the associated post code as the criterion. A requery is necessary to ensure that the list of service agents is refreshed on changing records but that all works fine. Clicking the combo box drop-down arrow for any record confirms that the correct list of service agents is displayed in each case. However, no selection can then be effecte...

Links not linking

Text on cart based on data in a cell
I have a chart on a separate sheet witch is based on a filtered list on another sheet. I would like to label my chart to show witch filter as been applied, is this possible? (Ho, and if so, how would I do it?) Thanks for any help. Select the chart, press the equal key, then select the cell with a mouse. This adds a text box in the middle of the chart, which you can move around and format as needed. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ant wrote: > I have a chart on a separate s...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Find/replace with different text colour messes up
When doing a Find/Replace on a certain word that needs to have a different colour than default - say, red - Excel incorrectly colours the whole cell instead of just the word that was searched on. To see this in action, try this: 1.. Open up a blank Excel sheet 2.. Enter some text in a few cells - "This is a test", for instance. Now, let's try to use search/replace to colour only the word "test" in red. 3.. Open up Search/Replace 4.. On the "Search for"-line, enter: test 5.. On the "Replace with"-line, enter: test 6.. For the "R...

Word as a Text Processor in Outlook w/ Exchange
Hi! Sice I set up a new Microsoft Exchange Server account in my Outlook 2003 SP2, I can't use any more Word as a text processor to write my e-mails. I only have the HTML option. So I don't have the nice Word feature (real time spell checking, etc.). Too bad... Any idea? Is there something I missed to set up on the Exchange Server? Help appreciated. Nicolas Check from within Outlook. Tools/Options/Mail Format and make sure you have the option to use "Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit my email messages" checked. "Nicolas Macarez" <macarez@free.fr> ...

Text Wrap #2
Is there anywhere in Publisher that i can customise my preferences? I would like to change the default settings for inserting an image to no text wrap. This is a time consuming process everytime i insert an image (right click, format object, layout tab, wrapping style "none", ok), would be so much for efficient for me if i could change the default settings so that the image came in like this when inserted (currently the default wrapping style is "square"). Any ideas? ...

links

Link To A Cell From Chart

Linked Tables Over A LAN

find text in a formula
ok, I have a sheet that has two basic types of formulas: =U10-P10 =U3-SUM(P3:P5) The simpler one always stays the same relative to the row. The one with the sum function however can be 2 or more rows. I want to be able to highlight the ones that have the Sum function in it. I have tried all kinds of things with conditional formatting, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? -- Joker "...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me." Gen. 21:6 If you highlight the complete worksheet by CTRL-A, you can then use Find & Replace (CTRL-H) to replace ...

Links

Find cells that contain text
Hi, as part of a loop I am trying to find cells that contain a string and then copy some adjacent cells into another sheet. I can do the copy part no problem but I am struggling with finding the string, I am using the InStr command but not sure if I ma making this to complicated, this is code I am struggling with : If InStr(string, Cells(bb, 65)) = 1 Then With string being the string I am searching for and bb being the row number and part of the loop The formula will recognise a complete string, but not part of string i.e. String = abcd_ Cell contains abcd_ match and I ca...

Right clicking on text does not bring up hyperlink option
I want to add a hyperlink to another area in my Excel workbook. On one sheet when I right click on text that I want to add the hyperlink to, I don't get the hyperlink option. It has the following: cut copy paste paste special __________ insert page break reset all page breaks insert delete clear contents __________ insert comment __________ format cells set print area reset print area page setup There is no hyperlink option. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. The cell menu (the one you get when you rightclick on a cell) is different if you're in View|Normal or View|Page break previ...

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

text box datasource refer to a field in a table
Hi, I am building a report that gives a summary on all purchase order in a period of time. For the report, I have the query set up no problem, but on the report Head, I would like to make it dynamic so that it can display a company name field from another table (not included in the report's datasource). Using the expression builder I got the following: =[company name]!CompanyName [company name] is the name of the table and CompanyName is the name of the field in the table. When I try to run the report, it promps me for a variable, somehow it doesn't recognize that [company name] is a...