Linking sheets

I am trying to hyperlink a cell in one single sheet spreadsheet to a
specific sheet in another multisheet book. I don't need to get to any
specific cell in the second spreadsheet, just the specific sheet.
Thx, Chris
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

In Excel 2003 or earlier.

Insert>Hyperlink>Existing file or webpage.

Browse to the target workbook then hit "Bookmark" and pick a sheet and a cell.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 22 May 2008 19:14:38 -0700 (PDT), spacia <chris_butler@thegrid.net>
wrote:

>I am trying to hyperlink a cell in one single sheet spreadsheet to a
>specific sheet in another multisheet book. I don't need to get to any
>specific cell in the second spreadsheet, just the specific sheet.
>Thx, Chris

0
Gord

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Linked Forms

Formula involving different sheets
Hi Using Excel 2003. In sheet 1, cell A1: =200/1200 In sheet 2, cell B2: =300/1200 In sheet 3 in a cell, I want to do =200/1200 + 300/1200 by cell reference. How do I do so? Thanks. Your formula would be: =sheet1!a1+sheet2!b2 The best way to create these formulae is to get Excel to do it. 1: Type = into your cell 2: Navigate to your sheet1!a1 cell. You will notice in the formula bar that Excel is adding its address to your formula 3: Type + 4: Navigate to your sheet2!b2 cell. 5: Hit enter Once you learn this, you will never type a cell address again. Regar...

Links not linking

find a word in sheet
Dear all, I want to use VBA to look for a word (for example "AAA") in one sheet. but I want to find this word sheet by sheet and then copy the this word (if find) to another sheet (for example,copy this word to sheet1) I don't know how to loop the sheet(one by one) and how to look for this work and then copy this word to another sheet. Thank you Sub FindThings() Dim s As String, i As Long s = "AAA" i = 1 Dim w As Worksheet, results As Worksheet Set ws = Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")) Set results = She...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

open at define work sheet
Iwant a shared workbook to always open at a define work sheet (Front page). I have entered the following in vb under workbook but it does not work. I entered the following Private Sub Workbook_Open(sheets "front page".select) End Sub please help Kitty Put the following code in the ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Me.Worksheets("Front Page").Select End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "kit" <kit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD800CE...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

How do i Change links to Relative links for linking pdf files?
Using Publisher, how do i change a link from absolute to relative.. I ahave created an offline website as a demo CD to hand out to clients, but the linked PDF's will only work when the CD drive of the computer is D:, how can i make the link read from the CD no matter whats the drive directory is called?? Please help When you are in the hyperlink dialog do not browse to the file to set the link. Use the address option and enter the path you want. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Riggaz" <Riggaz@discussions.microso...

Sharepoint Linked Table
Hi! I just inherited an Access 2003 database which has a linked table to Sharepoint (dbo_...) without any problem. When you view the actual table from Sharepoint it only has 5 fields, but in Access 2003 have 12 fields. It gets updated without any issue. We are in the process of converting to Access 2007 and the linked table is different from Access 2003. Most of the columns are dropped. Would anyone know how I can keep the same exact column layout (# of columns) as in 2003? This is necessary, because in the code, the linked table updates the local table. Also, we must leave as is, beca...

Assigning values from a sheet to an array
Can anyone explain why I get a runtime error with the code below.MANY THANKS! Option Explicit Option Base 1 Sub testing3() Dim Vt() As Double Dim j As Long Dim i As Long ReDim Preserve Vt(1 To 40) For i = 1 To 40 j = Int(Rnd() * 1100) Vt(i) = Worksheets("data").Cells(1, j) Next i End Sub ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Because j is greater than 256, the maximum number of columns in Excel. Alan Beban Ann...

Help with links in one worksheet please
Hi I have made up a worksheet that will work out all my takings & expenses for the week. I have then made a totals sheet which I would like to add up all the Weekly totals for the year. I have done all the links from the Weekly sheet to the totals sheet and they all work fine. As I will have 52 weeks how do I copy the links I have made for week one (with the relevant changes for that weekly sheet) in the totals sheet? I hope you can understand this Any web sites that may help? Thanks for looking Derek One way is to make a list of your sheet names in col A and use or a modifi...

A Linking Problem
Assume I have a column of numbers, in a file named Source. (range is B2:B10). These cells are linked to a column in a file named Destination(range is E2:E10). If I add a new row 5 to the source, is there a way I can get the previously linked cells in Destination to continue to display the correct values. After adding the new row 5 in source, rows in Destination below row 5 display values from rows below (in the Source file). I hope this is not too confusing a question (I am confused). If it of importance, the linking was done using Paste Link in the Paste Special dialog. Thanks. Hi PA Yo...

Linking
Hi all, i have a basic doubt regarding Static Linking and Dynamic Linking. if i have a dll used in a VC application by adding the dll header and making reference to the dll in the libraries, is it can be called as static linking? if i have a vc application which uses a dll by loading it using LoadLibrary API, is this only can be called as Dynamic linking? is Load-Time Dynamic Linking i.e., using API LoadLibrary is only Dynamic linking or even Runtime Dynamic Linking ( adding the header into the project and making a reference to the dll in the libraries property ) is also a kind of Dyn...

In Visio how can I link a shape to a word file
I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? On Tue, 31 May 2005 05:57:21 -0700, BB1066 <BB1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as >buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? Select the shape then from the 'Insert' menu select 'Hyperlinks'. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http...