linking multiple worksheets

I know this is possible because we have a document at work that does
this -- just can't figure out how:

I have multilple worksheets in a workbook and I want to merge the data
on to one worksheet so that the numbers add up and so that the summary
page is linked to each worksheet -- changes are made in individual
worksheets.  I can see the cell formula, but know there is a quicker
way to do this than typing in formulas for each cell.

All of the worksheets are identical.

Thanks.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use Data, Consolidate.

--
David Hager
Excel MVP

"wooltrees" <wooltrees.vrkum@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I know this is possible because we have a document at work that does
> this -- just can't figure out how:
>
> I have multilple worksheets in a workbook and I want to merge the data
> on to one worksheet so that the numbers add up and so that the summary
> page is linked to each worksheet -- changes are made in individual
> worksheets.  I can see the cell formula, but know there is a quicker
> way to do this than typing in formulas for each cell.
>
> All of the worksheets are identical.
>
> Thanks.

dhager (10)

adding multiple addresses to safe list at once
Does anyone know of a way to select multiple E-mails and add them to the safe senders list at the same time? Josh Michel <jamichel@iastate.edu> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to select multiple E-mails and > add them to the safe senders list at the same time? I don't believe Outlook has that ability. -- Brian Tillman ...

emailing multiple addresses
Hello, my name is Ron using Excel XP and outlook express. I have a columb containig e-mail address (hyperlinks). who can I mail more than one address at a time? each click on an address opens a new message, I'd like to add a few to the message's "To" field (I know I can copy paste... ) I need to send the same message to more than one person thanks- Ron If someone tells you how to do this, using Excel alone, I'll be happy for you . . . and will kick myself. I just bought a program called e-Campaign that does exactly what you want to do. It's available here http:/...

Delete links #2
Hi, How can i delete a link fron excel sheet? Hi try using 'Edit - Links' "Mohamed" wrote: > Hi, > How can i delete a link fron excel sheet? Convert to values? (Copy|paste special|Values??) But get a copy of Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm It'll help find those pesky links. Mohamed wrote: > > Hi, > How can i delete a link fron excel sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Numbering of worksheets
I have a workbook with a number of sheets all individually named. I am trying to loop through most of them in VBA by using something along the lines of:- for a=5 to 16 sheet(a).select rest of code Next My problem stems from the fact that I have no idea how the sheet numbering system used in VBA relates to the sheet numbers in the workbook or the order they are displayed in the workbook. I have three or four sheets that I wish to exclude as the information required is collated on these sheets and I am constantly adding and removing sheets as projects are completed. It would probably suit ...

Link for downloads???
Everything seems to have changed on Microsofts pages and now it seems almost impossible to find anything. Does anyone have a link to the hotfix and service pack for RMS? I can't find it and do have a service plan.... It appears they have changed the pages to invalid links or the server(s) are down. The same problem happens on both customer and partner source. I sent an e-mail to report the issue. Maybe they will have it corrected tomorrow. "Pete" wrote: > Everything seems to have changed on Microsofts pages and now it seems almost > impossible to find anything. Do...

How do enable the "click to follow link" function in Outlook?
I am having a problem when I click on any links in emails sent to me. The error message tells me that this operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer and advises me to check with the system administrator. I am working on my personal pc at home and I am unable to figure out how to get this function back. Can anyone help me? archie wrote: > I am having a problem when I click on any links in emails sent to me. The > error message tells me that this operation has been cancelled due to > restriction in effect on this computer and advises m...

Multiple student loans, one payment?
I was just wondering if was possible to set up a scheduled payment where 2 loans are paid with one automatic withdrawal? I have 2 student loans through Citibank and it appears that when they withdraw money from my account, they add both payments together. So if I have Money 2004 calculate the interest, it appears that I have to show it as 2 seperate payments. Is there any way around this other than manually entering my pricipal and interest every month? Thanks, Maaz You could create a 'holding' account - transfer out the money that Citibank takes from the account into that holdin...

Using same Header & Footer for Multiple Sheets in Excel
I want to use same header for multiple sheets in Excel, and only change a few items in the header, or footer; i.e. summary of billing for separate projects using the same content headers for the body of the sheet, but the header changes to note a specific project. I can Copy & Paste the sheet content and then modify from sheet to sheet; but I did not find a ay to copy the Header & Footer from sheet to sheet without having to re-enter all the Header/Footer info again. Can it be done?? You would just hold down shift and click on each spreadsheet making them all active (highlig...

Worksheet protect with query-based table
I have a table with 3 columns based on a SQL db query, with a worksheet column added to the table that is a formula I want to protect. There are 3 other non-table cells I want to protect. If I protect the worksheet, I can't refresh the table, even if I unlocked the table cells that are based on the query. ...

How to get rid of "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references"
Frequently I'll delete some cells in an Excel 2007 worksheet and from then on get the message "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references." whenever I try to do anything in the worksheet. There are no invalid references, as I have verified. Possibly there were some temporarily while Excel was in the process of deleting the cells. If I save the file, exit Excel, then reopen the workbook, Excel changes its mind and decides there aren't any invalid references after all (at least the message goes away). Is there any way to get Excel to figure t...

outlook is default but express opens links
Hi, I have outlook 2003 it is set as my default mail, it works fine except for when I'm on a site that has a hyperlink to an email address. When I click the link Outlook express opens instead of Outlook. How can I fix this problem....I've look in tools in both outlook and outlook express and it all seems to be correct. WHat am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help! What operating system are your running? Open My Computer Select Tools | Folder Options | File Types Scroll through the list and select the entry for URL:MailTo Protocol Select Advanced | Edit The data in the...

Main Form
Hello, I've been searching through the forums, but haven't found anything yet. Does anyone know of a way to copy data from multiple worksheets (i.e. 30) to one master form? I do NOT want to summarize the data, I want to replicate it exactly, and have a live link so that if the individual sheets are changed, the master will update. All column headings are identical, but there are variable numbers of rows. My only thoughts so far are simply typing =Sheet1!A2 and dragging, repeating for each sheet (or I guess writing a macro to do this). However, if I insert a new r...

Exchange and multiple Active Dir domains (and blackberry)
Hello all, I'm searching for the possibility to do the following: A customer has a building and in tha building there are 2 companies. Both these companies have there own network (one is 2000 AD and one is NT4) The nt4 will be reinstalled as 2003 AD. But they would like to use blackberry. but the firts issue is how do i connect the two seperat ad domains by exchange? compA and CompB have there own exchange servers and both use the same mailsweeper in the mutal DMZ zone. Is there a way to configure a blackberry Exchange server to serve both exchange servers/ad domains?? Kind regard Roe...

Creating multiple Support Dist Groups
HI, I have an Exchange 2003 server. I host multiple domains on this server and want to have a support@domain.com distibution group for each domain. How can this be done? Thanks David Hi if you are working in exchange 2003 native mode you can create "Query-Based Distributed Group" Regards, Shai Netanel "David" wrote: > HI, I have an Exchange 2003 server. I host multiple domains on this server > and want to have a support@domain.com distibution group for each domain. > How can this be done? > > Thanks > David > > > Thanks for the reply...

Links on worksheet
Hi Guys, well.. my doubt is: I have a xls file and I created link to other plans in other directories, so When I sent this file to other person into my cia the links is working like another person has been granted access to my personal folder. any ideia why this happen? If need the sample file send email to isaias.wesley@cisper.com.br ...

Non-Automatic Link Updating in Excel 2003
I wrote a large system of about 30 Excel workbooks that are all linked together in various ways. I've been using this sytem for several years under Excel 2000. I just got Excel 3000 (XP), and to my disbelief, every time I open a workbook, I have to digress and answer questions about the link updating. If I go into Edit->Links I see the usual (with some new features) links window. I checked the box that says to do the updating automatically. I selected the option that says to always update the links and DO NOT present me with a popup message asking me if I want to. These two ite...

Multiple Companies using eConnect
When you install eConnect you set your connection string to one company (sql catalog) and the example of the eConnect_Incoming.exe.config is only connected to one company in Great Plains. Can you use eConnect to pass information to multiple companies in Great Plains. If so how to you do it. thanks grs You can use eConnect to pass information to multiple companies, you need to add the eConnectProcessInfo section to the top of you XML: <eConnect xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"> <GLTransactionType> <eConnectProcessInfo> <ConnectionString&g...

creating a chart from multiple files
I run a weekly cash flow analysis and keep the summary files in a folder together. Each one is simply named with the date that it was created on. ex: 'CFA 04-04-05'. My question is -- is there a way to create a chart that looks at all of the different files? Essentially I'd like to be able to chart how the 4 week outlook changed over the last 2 years. I would like to be able to do this without needing to open every single file -- there are quite a few of them, and this would take a significant amount of time. SDeam wrote: > I run a weekly cash flow analysis and ...

Link between forms when the child field is part of the primary key causing crashes when creating new records in main form
This is access 2003. I'm making a form to create new records in a main table and simultaneously allow the user to create records linking them to data from a second. The link table data is shown as an embedded form within the main form. The link table has two columns to store foreign keys from the main table and a lookup table. I want it to have a compound primary key composed of the two foreign keys. The problem is that if I have the compoundPK set and then create a new record in the main form/table or have the secondary form set to link MainTablePK between the child and master forms ...

Excel links #6
I have a word document that I have a link to an excel worksheet with. I need to know how to make the Excel worksheet fit on the correct page width for a word doc. In Excel it fits on one page width. But when I link it, it doesn't fit the width. This is due for a client today I need help. Hi, Can't you select it and drag to resize?? jr >-----Original Message----- >I have a word document that I have a link to an excel >worksheet with. I need to know how to make the Excel >worksheet fit on the correct page width for a word doc. > >In Excel it fits on one p...

emailing link from Explorer tool bar
Prior to the installation of xp ( i used to use millenium) when I "send a link" from IE 6.0 it opens Outlook Express as it should but adds the url as an attachment rather than in the body of the email which I prefer. I can't find any setting adjustments on OE 6 or IE 6. Anyone with any ideas? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5...

Merge multiple worksheets into one
I have excel reports I receive with information on a daily basis. These are saved in separate tabs within an excel workbook. I'm looking to add 2 things. 1. One tab with all the detail from the days (without having to copy and paste each day). I need to exclude the top few rows of the spreadsheet, as it has merged cells - only report names and times that I'm not interested in. 2. A Summary tab with totals, for example, by vendor # (without having to create a pivot table each time I want this view. For a specific example, I have a file with vendor receipts - vendor...

Can't turn off "Automatic" update on links
[Excel 2000]: I have checked the "update remote references" on the calc options menu, etc. Nothing works. I want to be asked to update links, as I always have in the past. Something has changed. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Steve Tools>Options>Edit. Check "ask to update automatic links". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:08:07 -0800, "Steve Chambers" <stephen.g.chambers@delphi.com> wrote: >[Excel 2000]: I have checked the "update remote >references" on the calc options menu, etc. Nothing >wor...

Add break days to multiple day meeting request
Hi Outlook Group, Is anyone aware of a way to shedule a meeting across multiple days with day breaks built in. For example, I schedule a meeting from Monday 9.00am to Thursday 5.00pm. I need to exclude Wednesday as it is a non meeting day and as such I do not wish to book resources for this period. Perhaps the only approach is to create two separate meeting requests i.e. Monday to Tuesday and Thursday? Thanks you'll need two separate appointments. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips....

Multiplication formulas....
Hello, A 2 part question here. Im completely new to excel so I apologize for my lack of terminology.... 1) Is it possible to multiply all the numbers in a column by a single fixed number? For example, the column is a list of prices in US currency but, I would like to convert them all to Canadian currency. Can I do this without having to manually do it to each cell? Also, can I have the answer come up in a different column? 2) Is there a way to multiply 1 set of numbers by numbers in a seperate column. To continue with the previous example, can the numbers in the *'prices'* column be...