Linking a sheet's content into a Word document

Hi.  I have a Word document and an Excel document.  Some of the
content of the Word document merely duplicates the content of the
Excel document.  What I would like to do is to set up the Word
document so that it automatically retrieves the text from the Excel
document.  Similar to doing a '=D5' in an Excel spreadsheet, so that
it just harvests the contents of a particular cell (in this case, D5)
and transplants it to another place.

Is there a way to implant text from the Excel spreadsheet (which is in
another file) into the Word document, so that it automatically opens
the Excel spreadsheet in the background and harvests the correct
text?  Or is there a way to insert the Excel sheet into my Word
document?

I have tried Insert menu->Object, but Word simply tries to squish the
whole sheet down onto a single page, which makes it unprintable and
unusable.  And it still doesn't allow me to extract the content of
individual cells within the Word text.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Jan 17, 1:20=A0am, Richard Cavell <richardcav...@mail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to implant text from the Excel spreadsheet (which is in

Sorry that I neglected to mention... my document(s) may be used by
people using oldish versions of Office, so I'd prefer a solution that
doesn't rely on using the latest version.  Thanks,

Richard

Change link between form and subform

Exchange 2003 SP2 Public Folder Content Expiration
I have a public folder that get a lot of mail dumped into it and many messages haven't been touched in a really long time. I know it is possible to create a content expiration policy for NNTP, but I want to automatically purge mail older then some point in time from my public folder. However, I can't find any reference on how to do it. Is it possible to create an expiration policy on public folders? If so, can someone point me in the direction on how to configure this? Bring up the Properties page for the folder in Exchange System Manager and you'll find the settin...

linking #4

Linked Forms

find a word in sheet
Dear all, I want to use VBA to look for a word (for example "AAA") in one sheet. but I want to find this word sheet by sheet and then copy the this word (if find) to another sheet (for example,copy this word to sheet1) I don't know how to loop the sheet(one by one) and how to look for this work and then copy this word to another sheet. Thank you Sub FindThings() Dim s As String, i As Long s = "AAA" i = 1 Dim w As Worksheet, results As Worksheet Set ws = Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3")) Set results = She...

Links not linking

Formula involving different sheets
Hi Using Excel 2003. In sheet 1, cell A1: =200/1200 In sheet 2, cell B2: =300/1200 In sheet 3 in a cell, I want to do =200/1200 + 300/1200 by cell reference. How do I do so? Thanks. Your formula would be: =sheet1!a1+sheet2!b2 The best way to create these formulae is to get Excel to do it. 1: Type = into your cell 2: Navigate to your sheet1!a1 cell. You will notice in the formula bar that Excel is adding its address to your formula 3: Type + 4: Navigate to your sheet2!b2 cell. 5: Hit enter Once you learn this, you will never type a cell address again. Regar...

Online resource (documentation with examples)?
If this is possible please let me know, there are a few things in m mind that i would like to implement, finding the resource seems to b the hardest challenge, i am trying to decipher the help.chm available making progress slowly, also using the msdn online resource, (no enough low level detail for my experience with programming), so if yo could recommend any resources online or downloadable, (for free), i would be of great use! \\Regards\thanks\Riz -- Rizits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?a...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Office 2004: Word
Hi there, Anyone experiencing their Word 2004 running slow in OS X.10.3.4? I'm running on a G4 with RAM is 567 with plenty of HD space. Thanks for your help in advance. Cheers. What do you mean by running slow? Exactly what is slow? DM On 8/1/04 10:20 AM, "TKK" wrote: > Hi there, > > Anyone experiencing their Word 2004 running slow in OS X.10.3.4? I'm > running on a G4 with RAM is 567 with plenty of HD space. > > Thanks for your help in advance. > > Cheers. Hi Mitchell, After I type the word on the keyboard it then starts appearing on th...

Printing hyperlinked Documents
Hello, Quite often, I am sent multiple word documents with multiple hyperlinks to other word documents and pdfs. I am assigned the task of printing out the word documents and the hyperlinked documents in order. I have researched this for hours: How do you print the original word document and all of its hyperlinked documents, in order, without opening up each individual hyperlinked document and printing it? Please keep in mind the fact that I'm not a software guru. I need step-by-step directions. Thank you so much for your help. In news:6B4FF1C0-A684-4E79-B58F-E4A4BAD40E9E@...

Links

email links in Publisher pdf

How to exact individual pages from a microsoft publisher document
How do I exact individual pages from a microsoft publisher document and not loose any information that is on the page itself? Extract pages and do what with them? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Belinda" <Belinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70447F4E-26F5-4008-9E44-68D59DDAC636@microsoft.com... > How do I exact individual pages from a microsoft publisher document and > not > loose any information that is on the page itself? Gather the entire page with the mouse,...

when creating an xml document from a dataset
and returning the xml to the requesting web page, how do you insert the XML declaration? ds.EnforceConstraints = False Response.ContentType = "text/xml" ds.WriteXml(Response.OutputStream, XmlWriteMode.IgnoreSchema) I would like to add <?xml version="1.0" ?> to the top of the response stream. Thanks for your help. -tv Hi Tom, As for the your question that how to add a "<?xml version="1.0" ?>" declaraion before the dataset's output xml, I think you can try the following means: 1. Directly using the REsponse.Write to write the...

Chart template and links

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

open at define work sheet
Iwant a shared workbook to always open at a define work sheet (Front page). I have entered the following in vb under workbook but it does not work. I entered the following Private Sub Workbook_Open(sheets "front page".select) End Sub please help Kitty Put the following code in the ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Me.Worksheets("Front Page").Select End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "kit" <kit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD800CE...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

table of content
Using styles (Heading 1, etc) in Word (any version) allows me to create a TOC very simply. I cannot find a way to create a table of content automatically in Publisher (2003), for instance by applying styles. Am I missing something or have they just left out this option? Don't want to create a TOC manually in a 200 page document.... TIA - Rob The bad news is you will have to create the TOC manually. Publisher is a page layout application. Word is better suited for what you are doing. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsof...

Looking for suggestions...I seem to have lost all my document file
I have lost all of the document files associated with MS Office. I have ver. 07, with Word, Excel, PwrPoint, Publisher all files???? Any ideas? lightbluesmoke wrote: >I have lost all of the document files associated with MS Office. I have ver. >07, with Word, Excel, PwrPoint, Publisher all files???? Any ideas? > > If you have lost all the file associations then clearly the first thing you should do is to try Office Diagnostics. This tool normally corrects 85% of the problems related to links and missing files. I suggest try it on your system before doing a...