linked spreadsheet errors

When some Excel users open certain shared files on a network file
share, they get this error message when promted to update the Links:

"Unable to open
https://Xmail.COMPANY.com/DocumentsandSettings/USERNAME\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK659\FILE.xls. The Internet site
reports that the item you requested could not be found.
(HTTP/1.1.404)"

The links do not actually point to the listed temp folder, and
ultimately they are open and use the file after the error is shown.

I'm not sure why the file might attempt to update the links from a temp
internet folder, or why some users get the error and others do not get
the error on the same file. The files are stored on a webserver, but
the way the files are opened is through windows Explorer or "My Network
Places", not through a web browser.

Does anyone know how they might get rid of the annoying error message?
Thanks

0
b_russ (1)
5/10/2005 10:25:31 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel hart has OLE onject errors in Access 2007
I am trying to build a chart on a form in Access 2007. I have already created it in Excel and want it to look the same but it seems that the formatting options are greatly reduced, fewer chart options, and formatting variations in Access. I tried to copy and paste the chart from Excel 2007 onto my Access form, and gave it the query as the data source but got messages "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." If I remove the name of the query I get an identical chart to the one in Excel, ...

OMA internal server error 500
Hello - I've just tried to get OMA setup and I've encountered th following error http: error 500 (internal server error Runtime erro <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -- <configuration <system.web <customErrors mode="Off"/ </system.web </configuration to display error messag Having changed the web.config file the error still persists This occurs when I logon with domain\username: passwor What is the problem? There are a few posts relating to this but n responses - if anyone responds to this I'll be most greatful ...

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

e-connect error after install hotfix
Hi i have security problem with e-connect after install kb902400 on server2003 sp1 if i uninstall kb902400 the module run well. i talk to my MBS about this problem, but he says the problem came from microsoft in e-connect module itself. some one have a work around. thx ...

Email Server is offline error msg
Hello, I upgraded a user's Office XP that didn't have any SPs to SP2. Now when she double-clicks the Outlook icon, the "Email Server is offline" error message is displayed. When she clicks on retry, her Outlook launches okay and her inbox appears. And her email appears to work okay. Does anyone know how to fix the error message? Thanks, Millie Sounds like a name resolution problem to me. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstation? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unab...

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

CSocket pump message error again and again ...
Hi, I have a serious probleme with my CSocket. I have a thread that is using a CSocket to send and receive data. I use the Attach/detach function to put my socket in the thread. All works wonderfully .... 97% of the time. Sometimes, when i really try to make my application crash (by sending many datas with Send) the i got the assertion in the following function BOOL CSocket::PumpMessages(UINT uStopFlag) { <snip> ASSERT(pState->m_hSocketWindow != NULL); // << Assertion here I read so many post speaking about this problem .... but my case is specific: - My socket work...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

"Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet throws "not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file" error.
Hi, I am trying to use "Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet to fetch "File Share Witness" property of CCR cluster. But when I run this command no "Exchange Management Shell" I am getting "The term 'Get- ClusterResource' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again." error. Any idea why I am getting this error? Do I need to add any "PSSnapin" via Add-PSSnapin cmdlet ? If so which one it is? Basically I am not able to run any of the cluster related GET cmdlets on Exchange Managem...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

how can I generate a chart for each row of data in my spreadsheet.
Is it possible for automatic generation of charts for each row of data in a spreadsheet after establishing a template? Patrick, Did you ever get a reply to your post? I hve the same question and cannot find an answer. Li "Patrick" wrote: > Is it possible for automatic generation of charts for each row of data in a > spreadsheet after establishing a template? ...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

MFC 7.1 Dll missing error!(Help needed)
When i launch my application on a different machine then the developent environnement it says it can not find MFC 7.1 DLL. How can in the IDE choose to statically link this file to my *.exe file? Many thanks in advance > When i launch my application on a different machine then the developent > environnement it says > it can not find MFC 7.1 DLL. > > How can in the IDE choose to statically link this file to my *.exe file? > > > Many thanks in advance How about: Configuration Properties | General | Use of MFC = Use MFC in a Static Library Janusz "Janusz...

Embed Excel Spreadsheet in Word ?
I have created a Gantt Chart with Excel. I would like to embed that spreadsheet in Word for a report. I have used "Paste Special" --> "MS Excel Object" However, there is 2 problems 1) Part of the Excel Spreadsheet is not shown in Word (Even though I have chosen A3 as paper size for the Word Document). Is there any way to include the whole spreadsheet ? 2) Is it possible to paste in such a way that the gridlines are shown ? (Like the one that I print with gridline shown) Your advice is sought. Peter It depends on the size of the data that you are pasting. If...

DST Update KB925874
I'm attempting to install this on My Microsoft CRM Server and when it's doing its initial inspection of "Checking for necessary space" I receive the following error: Title: Microsoft.Crm.SE.TimeZoneUpdate.TimeZoneUpdatePatch.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services Error: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x4e4(1252), Thread id=0x3a8(936) NOTES: I'm logged in as Administrator and Administrator was added to the Privilaged Users group just to be sure I followed directions exactly. I have 2.1GB free space on C drive...