Line Spacing #2

How do I  vary line spacing within a Cel?

Bernie Beal.

0
bquest (21)
5/6/2009 10:07:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Bernie,

Varying line spacing within a cell can be done by hitting the Alt key
followed by the Enter key within the cell to force a wrap around of
text in that cell.  To add more free lines, just keep hitting Alt-
Enter.

Hope that helps.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Kim Hartnet
www.excelwell-excel-templates.110mb.com
"The best place on the net for free & inexpensive Excel templates,
macros and spreadsheets"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
0
anasttin (4)

Copying multiple sheets from one book 2 another and undertake spec
Copying multiple sheets from one book 2 another and undertake special editing. Apologies as the following is long winded. I have a workbook that has 12 sheets (i.e. 1 for each month of the Year). Each sheet contains the following: - Header row; Customer name; date contacted and work location (and other information). One can have multiple rows for each customer as they can contact us many times a day for work to be undertaken at different locations. On a monthly basis we have to undertake a charging process for customers who have used our services for the last month. At the moment we a...

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Filtering problem #2
When filtering on a column the last row of my spreadsheet keeps appearing although that data does'nt meet the filtering criteria. Why does the last row of the data keep appearing when I filter a column even though it doesn't relate to what I'm filtering? may be bcoz at the time of selecting the data for filter you missed that row and it is outside the filter cretiria that y it will appear everytime >-----Original Message----- >When filtering on a column the last row of my spreadsheet keeps appearing although that data does'nt meet the filtering criteria. Why does ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

Category #2
I got a strange question, what's the best category to put something in as a refund? For example let's say I bought a product at a retail store, then I returned it later. I want to assign a category in Money but I don't want it to be an income. What's the best way to set this up so it doesn't show as an income category? Thanks any help will be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, JLS wrote: >I got a strange question, what's the best category to put >something in as a refund? For example let's say I bought >a product at a retail store, then I...

exchange 2003 logs #2
Hi, I want to see email going out and coming in in log, like old exchange 5.5 event id 2001 and 2002, which logs should turn it on? thanks. al -- 007 SMTP Protocol logs should give fair amount of detail about smtp traffic. Message Tracking logs if you know what you're looking for (particular sender/recipient etc.) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "wtk" <wtk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9BA8D9-FE20-413B-8F2C-35D51988E635@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want ...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Excel 2 web
Using Excel VBA, i am trying to login to the web site. I was able to login. but after login, there is an image on top of the website. If i move mouse i will get more option to select. But I am not write code for mouse over on the image. Any suggestions. On Dec 7, 11:43=A0am, "fi.or.jp.de" <fi.or.jp...@gmail.com> wrote: > Using Excel VBA, i am trying to login to the web site. > > I was able to login. but after login, there is an image on top of the > website. > > If i move mouse i will get more option to select. > > But I am not w...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

Chart presentation #2
I would like to format a chart acces by rounding million dollar numbers to something smaller, like $10,000,000 to $10,000. how do I accomplish this presentation. Hi - click on the axis with the right mouse - choose 'Format axis' - Format the numbers with a custom format such as $#,, -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "MJK" <MJK@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7EBF2706-8898-440F-B268-197C4586D189@microsoft.com... > I would like to format a chart acces by rounding million dollar numbers to > something smaller, like $10,000,000 to $...

XmlSerializerNamespaces not working the same in dotnet 2.0 as #2
Hi, I am having trouble serializing an object in dotnet 2.0. I am using theis method public static string Serialize(object o, string defaultNamespace) { //create empty namespace to prevent namespace output XmlSerializerNamespaces ns = new XmlSerializerNamespaces(); ns.Add("", defaultNamespace); //create serializer XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(o.GetType()); using(StringWriter writer = new StringWriter()) { //use custom writer to prevent root 'xml' tag output XmlNoPrefixTextWriter xwriter = new XmlNoPrefixTextWriter(writer); xwriter.Formatting = Format...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

Hide and restrict rows for each user to view his own record only #2
Source worksheet [ID] [Name] [Date] [Attend Time] 123 MARY [16-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 124 JOHN [16-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 125 SUE [16-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 123 MARY [17-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 124 JOHN [17-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 125 SUE [17-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 123 MARY [18-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 124 JOHN [18-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 125 SUE [18-Aug] 09:00 ~ 18:00 ...................... =========================================================== A user receive this sheet and then he will input ID no. at a cell. [Input ID No.] (Remark: User Mary input...

Word 2007 doc having trouble with white space above paragraph
I am trying to format a 20 page document. I added hard page breaks and now if I hit the enter key to put a certain paragraph on a page I get large amounts of white space above certain paragraphs that will not go away by backspace or trying to deleting them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Csalaun00, Just an idea but have you checked Page-layout tab, Page setup group, dialog starter button, format tab, next to align vertically should be top instead of centered. If it is not that check the paragraph formatting, maybe you applied a large amount of pace before or after the...

Network discovery #2
We are thinking of buying Visio 2003 Pro and it's resource kit. The resource kit is supposed to contain a program that will probe and discover the network. Have you used this feature ? the network discovery in the resource kit (the fluke tool) is for small single site. al "Jerry" <jerry@mwex.com> wrote in message news:esJ$T5gjFHA.3348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We are thinking of buying Visio 2003 Pro and it's resource kit. The > resource kit is supposed to contain a program that will probe and discover > the network. Have you used this feature ...

about selling your program #2
you said that it is ok to sell my program, what about legality? do have to patent it or copyright it? Jeff gaje, philippine -- Jeff_gaj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeff_gaje's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1497 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 Hi this is a different question depending what program you have developed and if it may afdfect other patents/copy rights. My statement was only that MS does not prohibit selling excel sheets. So you don't have to p...

Excel showing old or new version of file for 2
We have a matrix that we've built in Excel. It is a shared workbook. As you open the file, an image of the most recent content appears for just a few seconds, then it reverts to the old content. I believe we have other files where it happens as well, but the old data appears for just a few seconds, then the new data appears. The one I'm most concerned with is the one where the new data shows first, then is overlayed by the old data. I need to be able to get the new data. I have taken a snapshot of the screen via the print screen button, but I'd rather not recreate by hand, a...

Capture Space within String
My function SplitName below correctly parses a last/firstname string with or without a comma between the name pair. The only problem I have is if the last/first name is passed to the function with no "space" after the comma. If you look at "TEST 2" below, you'll noticce that the first character "M" in the first name variable gets cut off when the space after the separating comma is not used. Can someone help me modify my function so the function will correctly return the last and first name no matter if it's used with or without the leading space a...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

PST >2 gig crashed
Hallo, unfortunately one of my PSTs became 1,6 Gig, and now I am not able to open it with my Outlook (2003) Right now I am copying the PST (just in case). Then I would try to run the "SCANPST.EXE" When I was looking in some forum on this issue, the answers were generally disappointing (there is nothing that can be done...):-(( Does anyone have experience with the Microsoft Truncation Tool ?? Any other tips&tricks form me? Please avoid Tipps like "keep you PSTs small":.. it happened, and I cannot change now... I am already very angry with myself ... :-((( **s...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...