limit scroll area of split window panes?

Is it possible to put a limit on the columns/rows that can be scrolled
to when splitting the window into panes? This way the column/row labels
can be visible when you scroll through the main data area, but you
can't accidentally scroll into the labels from the main area, or the
data from the label area.

Thanks,
Rich

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You may have better luck with Freeze Panes.

Window>Split is not very functional in my mind.

Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to prevent row 1 from scrolling.

Select B2 if you also want Column A to remain in view.

One way to achieve two scrollable windows is Window>New Window followed by
Window>Arrange.

This gives you two scrollable windows.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On 14 Aug 2006 15:51:35 -0700, rich.trapani@gmail.com wrote:

>Is it possible to put a limit on the columns/rows that can be scrolled
>to when splitting the window into panes? This way the column/row labels
>can be visible when you scroll through the main data area, but you
>can't accidentally scroll into the labels from the main area, or the
>data from the label area.
>
>Thanks,
>Rich

0
Gord
8/14/2006 11:40:38 PM
Awesome! Freeze panes works! Thanks.

Gord Dibben wrote:
> You may have better luck with Freeze Panes.
>
> Window>Split is not very functional in my mind.
>
> Select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to prevent row 1 from scrolling.
>
> Select B2 if you also want Column A to remain in view.
>
> One way to achieve two scrollable windows is Window>New Window followed by
> Window>Arrange.
>
> This gives you two scrollable windows.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>

> On 14 Aug 2006 15:51:35 -0700, rich.trapani@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Is it possible to put a limit on the columns/rows that can be scrolled
> >to when splitting the window into panes? This way the column/row labels
> >can be visible when you scroll through the main data area, but you
> >can't accidentally scroll into the labels from the main area, or the
> >data from the label area.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Rich

Multible screen in windows?
Hello, Is there any application for windows that makes screen multiple(as linux has, four screens to work, it is only one screen to work in windows) i saw one of the application in Codeproject.com , but i searched for it like 2 hours, i didnt find it, does anyone know where i can get that kind of application? thanks You could try something like Virtual PC. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx This may also be interesting to you: http://www.golod.com/2005/10/enabling-multiple-remote-desktop-sessions-in-windows-xp-professional-and-media-center-edi...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

Dynamics GP 10 Note Window and Modifier
I am having a problem with modifying the Note window after Dynamics 10 SP1 and SP1 Hot Fix. I make the desired modifications and enable the modifications in Alternate/Modified Forms. I am logged in as a Poweruser. When I open the window, I do not see any modifications and I do see the “.”preceding the form name. I have tried deleting the window from modifier, then re-adding it, exporting all modifications out to a package, then, importing them. Nothing seems to work. I have no problems with any other modified windows. Does anyone have any ideas? -- Dean Did you repeat your modificati...

Screen Output Window Size
Am I the only one who always has to click the window expand button (beside the close window X) to view any output sent to screen? My reports display 100%, but I have to scroll to the right (or maximize the screen) to see the rest of the report. I sure would like to have the screen output window open fully every time. ...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Windows Installer
Every time I boot, a window appears from Windows Installer, then another appears labeled "InsantShareDevices" and asks that I install a CD. There is no other option. I can't get out of it, need to go to task manager and delete.. every time I turn on my computer. Any suggestions. I tried going into Windows Fix It, and tried turning off Windows Installer.. it didn't seem to work. JackR wrote: > Every time I boot, a window appears from Windows Installer, then > another appears labeled "InsantShareDevices" and asks that I > install a CD. The...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

How to make our window stay on top of all other applications (like modal).
Hi, I want to make one of my small preview window on top. That window should be on top of all other applications (at least should be on top of my main application.) So, if I minimize my main application that window should also get minimized. and I should be able to work in my main application. Because this on top window is just for preview purpose.. the work will be done in the main window.. If i make this window modal dialog, I am not able to work in main application as i have to close modal dialog first. So, is there any API which enables me to show non-modal dialog but it still comes on to...

Addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To, Cc)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...

CStatic and scroll bar
Hello, I have a dialog app with bitmap control in it. I use CStatic control member variable (say m_static) in CDialog derived class (say CMyDialog). In OnInitDialog() I call m_static.ShowScrollBar(SB_HORZ, TRUE) and m_static.ShowScrollBar(SB_VERT, TRUE) to show two scroll bars in bitmap control. NOTE: scroll bars belong to bitmap control. In OnSizing() I use m_static.SetScrollInfo() to set different parameters of scroll bars. But I can't process WM_HSCROLL and WM_VSCROLL if I set CMyDialog::OnHScroll() and CMyDialog::OnVScroll(). When I try to use my own CStatic derived class to handle m...

Windows Live Mail 09-06-10
I have been using Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 for several months. Now it asks me to sign in, but will not accept any Windows Live ID or password. And it tells me that my e-mail address is incorrect, but it is not. What can I do. I have checked with my service provider, no problems there. I can sign in using their mail program. What can I do? The Live ID sign on in WLM is for a Hotmail type account(Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com etc) or third party account thus your ability to access your email with your server's provider mail program is not related. The usual suspects for f...

pivot table limitation
Hi, when i tried to generate an excel report. It gives me an error message "Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Excel cannot make this change because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least one row or column field off the PivotTable report, or to the page position. Alternatively, right-click a field, and then click Hide or Hide Levels on the shortcut menu. Error in generating report. Please contact Administrator!" What can i do with this message? Is this the data volumne limitation for pivot table? Thanks for your help You have hit one of Excel's limitations. For pivot tab...

Set Print Area #3
Quattro Pro has a feature that allows one to print two different areas of a spreadsheet on the same page with a number of lines between each area which can be set by the user. Does Microsoft Excel have such a feature? Whenever I try to print two areas, each is printed on a different page. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. There's no native XL function to do this. You'd need to use VBA. In article <22c1501c45d60$5ca2c030$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "rekoop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Quattro Pro has a feature that allows one to print ...

how passwords should be stored under windows
Hi, I have a project which needs me to store passwords under windows, I just wondering how those passwords should be stored. For example, if I store in the registry, is there any encription tool I can use so that only my program can read and write it? Store hash code result of the password. read_pwd(); hash(); compare_stored_value(); Hope it helps. "Haibo" <haibo@haibo.com> wrote in message news:121301c38c0c$f0f39fa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I have a project which needs me to store passwords > under windows, I just wondering how those passwords should > be stor...

mailbox limit notifications
How can I force on Ecxhange server that notifications of mailbox limit are always sent on english language, not taking care of users language settings in Outlook? If the language setting on the server is set to English, then the notification should be English (per http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;277856) If that is not the case, you may want to verify that you are running the latest service pack for the OS and Exchange as well as the latest updates. Doug Blanchard [MSFT] Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup p...

Can't view list of received mail in Windows mail
I have been able to log into Windows Mail and view a list of my messages. Now for some reason I can just see one opened email at a time. How do I get the list to show again. If I click on inbox it still just shows one open email at a time. Thanks Do you mean the preview pane is missing, or the message list pane is missing? If the former: View, Layout, select "Show preview pane". If the latter: It is not possible to have a missing message list, but it = can=20 be collapsed to almost nothing. Just move the horizontal divider=20 between the message list pane and preview p...

PST File Size Limitation
I am unable to open my PST file. I have run the Inbox repair tool. This is the second time this has happened. In an Outlook 2000 and W2K Internet Only Mail envirmonment, is there a file size limitation for PST files? On two separate occasions, the files have either become corrupted or have not responded around the 2GB file size. If there is a limitation? Could this be the reason? Are there any means of extending that limit and restoring my PST files? yes. pst files do have size limitations. large table support not enabled (default for outlook 97 - 2000) * 16000 items per fold...

sdio support in windows ce 5.0
Hi Expert, I have one doubt regarding sdio support in windows ce 5.0.Which type of sdio specification is support in windows ce 5.0?Is it support sdio 1.1 compatible devices? If it does not support the same, any updates are available for make it supporting the sdio 1.1 compatible devices? Could anybody give a suggestion......... Regards, Annn On Dec 14, 8:37=A0am, Sreehari <anumanubhas...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Expert, > =A0 =A0 I have one doubt regarding sdio support in windows ce 5.0.Which > type of sdio specification is support in windows ce 5.0?Is it sup...

Storage limit #2
I'm a new Exchange Server user. From a document of Microsoft I found that Exchange Server standard edition with SP2 "storage limits have increased to 75 gigabytes (GB)" What does it mean? Does it mean that all storage (mailboxes and public folders) added together cannot exceed 75GB? If one day the total storage exceed 75GB, what will happen? Ming Choi wrote: > I'm a new Exchange Server user. From a document of Microsoft I found that > Exchange Server standard edition with SP2 "storage limits have increased to > 75 gigabytes (GB)" What does it me...

Windows in Taskbar #2
I have a user that is using Excel 2000 and the option for Windows in Taskbar keeps on unticking itself. This means that all workbooks are displayed under the same Excel tab on the Taskbar. If they go back into the options and re-select the "Windows in Taskbar" option all the workbooks come back as seperate entries on the Taskbar. The option seems to de-select itself while they are in Excel working. I have tried upgrading to Excel 2003, re-creating user profile and running all updates for Excel 2003 - nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Hi I belie...

How to draw the child window background?
Hi,all. I created a set of controls in one child dialog ,and place the dialog into one big dialog. I drawed one background in the big dialog's procedure,but in the child dialog's rectangle the background can't appear.It still have the background of child dialog. How can I draw the child dialog's background with big dialog's procedure?? Thanks for any help!! See if overriding OnCtlColor() (WM_CTLCOLOR) helps. -- Sucharit >-----Original Message----- >Hi,all. > > I created a set of controls in one child dialog ,and place the dialog >into one big dia...