Letter case problem

I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list
of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an
uppercase I.  It does not make any difference if I specify that the
cell is text.  In fact, nothing I have found solves this problem.

Does anyone know how to make Excel behave in this case?

0
psboyer (3)
3/26/2006 4:29:16 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

"docbnj" <psboyer@patmedia.net> wrote in message
>I try to use a lowercase letter i in a cell, just as a bale for a list
> of items, all by itself, and Excel insists on changing it to an
> uppercase I.  It does not make any difference if I specify that the
> cell is text.  In fact, nothing I have found solves this problem.
>
> Does anyone know how to make Excel behave in this case?

Probably an autocorrect issue. You could turn off or uncheck "correct as you
type"

Beege

Autocorrect?  One of those overly-helpful features, eh?  Anyway, I find
this in the Help section:

Prevent AutoCorrect from making specific capitalization and spelling
corrections
1=2E On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect.
2=2E Click Exceptions.
3=2E Do one of the following:
=B7  To prevent automatic capitalization of any word that is typed
after an abbreviation, click the First Letter tab and type the
abbreviation - including the period - in the Don't capitalize after
box.
=B7
To prevent automatic correction of a word that contains a mixture of
uppercase and lowercase letters, click the INitial CAps tab, and then
type the word in the Don't correct
4=2E Click Add, and then click OK.

0
psboyer (3)

error bar problem
I'm using excel 2000 I have a sheet that I want to plot column G vs Col P, Col P has a large number of blank cells. In the spreadsheet, when calculate the mean and standard deviation, excel is "smart" enough to ignore the blank cells. When I make the plot, excel is "too stupid" to realize those are "missing values" but rather treats them as 0 which is clearly not correct. so, 2 questions... Did I miss an option somewhere that I can use to specify what to do with blank cells when plotting? Can I do an "add series" in source data where ther...

client-server problem
i`m doing a client-server program using CSockets.when i try to send a buffer with data"the data is a buffer of dib bits type i took from capturing the desktop iamge" and when i do a debug i find an exception for a certain memory location-Access violation . this happens sometimes at the client & sometimes at the server. although this program didn`t have any problems when i used it to make a chat between client & server "send buffer of text".what to do? dodeh wrote: > i`m doing a client-server program using CSockets.when i try to send a > buffer with data"...

Autocomplete entries problem
I'm finding from time to time that the Autocomplete is a bit fickle. For instance I'll be making entries down a column and sometimes th autocomplete doesn't bring up the entry I want so I have to type in th whole entry. I think the reason is maybe a break in the column of information. I there a way around this so that I always have the autocomplete or som other way that I can select from a prepared list or add a new nam thats not already on the list ? Thanks T -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi TW! Your assumption is correct: "I think the reason is ma...

Even buying addition Office for Mac2004 doesn't solve excessive installations problem
I had Office 2004 (Student and Teacher Edition) installed on three Macs, my high school son's iBook, my G4, and my wife's iMac. The computers are all on an home network. My son's IBook hard drive died and I bought him a new Mac Mini. I re-installed Office from the same Student and Teahcer Edition on the new Mac Mini. (Student and Teacher Edition allows 3 installations.) When either my wife or my son attempted to launch an Office application when the other's computer is on, the second machine got the notice that the number of installations exceeded the number allowed by the...

Collection Letter
Hi there, for example I build a query 31-45 and it display the aging period as follow: 0-30 days = $1,975 31-45 days = $375 46-60 days = $0 61-75 days = $2,250 76-90 days = $0 91-120 days = $0 When I build the collection letter, and view it, it displayed the overdue balance of $4,600 (which is the total of all the balance). How can I change it so that it display only the overdue balance within the 31-45 days bucket? Thank you in advance. ...

Outlook 2002 Sending Problem
Hi - I have a user running Outlook 2002 who often gets the error "None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient" Can any one tell me either how to fix this error? I have heard that it is a random problem with Outlook 2002, but can't find any information on Microsoft's website to support that. There are no quotas/limits on the Exchange server that would prevent him from sending, and he is the only one it happens to (and one of the few users running Office 2002). Thank you! Your user could be setup on the wrong mail server if it's not setup to aut...

rename AD user account creates problem with autocomplete in Outloo
After renaming an Active Directory user account, the new user name and the new Exchange mailbox works correctly almost everywhere, but there is a problem in the autocomplete feature of the client Outlook 2003. OLD USER jgoulding OLD EMAIL jgoulding@cemins.com OLD ALIAS jgoulding OLD DISPLAY NAME Jessica Goulding OLD AUTOCOMPLETE Jessica Goulding <jgoulding> NEW USER jwalter NEW EMAIL jwalter@cemins.com NEW ALIAS jwalter NEW DISPLAY NA...

RMS User Question/Problem
Hello, I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it (for the first time) it asks me user ID and password, but have not yet established one, and is the first time I run the program! (Or is it comes with some standard user / default?) User ID: 1 Password: password Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "F.Misle" <F.Misle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B29A28E5-315C-4A1A-9490-A497651736A0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it > (for the first...

Letter Writing Assistant should let me email the letters.
When sending out letters to Customers etc. it would be much more cost effective if we were able to email the letters in lieu of mailing them. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us...

problems with views
Hello! I have splitted window, like this: _________ | | | | |-----| |____|____| The left pane is a CLeftView class inherited from CTreeView and the right top pane is some CUpView inherited from CListView. And in the first View class(LeftView), in some function I want to insert some items to my ListView (which is the second view), but I have problems with it. I don't know how to manage with this problem? Maybe there is a handle needed and how use it? Please help me. I would be appreciate. Is your problem that you can not get pointer to CUpView while in some method...

Column labels show digits instead of letter
Can anyone pls tell me why ? And how to fix this. Thanks Jenni Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'R1C1 reference style' >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone pls tell me why ? >And how to fix this. > >Thanks >Jenni > > >. > ...

Marco problem
I have made some marcos in my excel, if I want to use these marcos on other computer's excel, how can I do? I dont want to set up all marcos on each computer again. Woo, How about creating an addin from your macro workbook. This link shows how http://www.exceltip.com/cgi-bin/engine.pl?action=print_page&tipID=495 Load the addin on their machine, or a shared server, and install it, and it's available to them. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "woo" <anonymous@di...

Decimal places problem
Hi, I've a problem,I'm using the following equation in a query to get the varience of dates between two dates in format 00.00 : Format(DateDiff("s",[received],Now())/86400,"00.00") Actually i need to get the value only if it's complete: for eample if the result of the equation is 0.999999 i want it to be 0 not 1,but actually Access write it as 1 how can i do this ? On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:37:00 -0700, Pietro <Pietro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > > I've a problem,I'm using the following equation in a query to get the &g...

Select Case question
I am passing variables into a subroutine, and comparing these to some parameters in a array. If all 4 of the variables passed in are equal to 4 values in the array, I run a a loop adding values to the array. I can make a series of If..Then statements work but cannot get the equivalent Select case statements to work. I am attaching the entire subroutine; Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks JDB ' -------------------------------------- Sub Add_ClnLoins(idxdate As Variant, _ idxSpecies As String, _ idxclnshift As String, _ ...

Exchange problems after reboot
Hello! I'm having trouble with Exchange 2003 (Ex2003 SP2 running on Windows Server 2003 SP). Every time after reboot Exchange don't start correctly. I have a "8231 MSExchangeAL" and "8247 MSExchangeAL" errors in application log. Also the Exchange Information Store fails during startup and the Exchante MTA Stacks too. After reboot when I log on to server I can start those two services manualy and everything runs fine, so I'm little (or much) confused. I didn't have problems with reboots before. I have checked KB 27529, KB 286356 and few others and ...

BBF problem
We missed correcting the posting type for one of the GL accounts before we closed last year, so the year end close created a BBF for the account when there shouldn't have been a balance forwarded. Is there any way to correct the BBF - to zero it out (an correct the retained earnings). I know I can alter the GL20000 table for the BBF transaction, but I suspect there is more to it than that. Any guidance would help wndrbear, Check KB Article 864913 in CustomerSource or PartnerSource for the resolution. Best regards, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Migration Problem
I was recently brought into a shop that wants to migrate from Windows NT/Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. They have several NT servers in a domain, and several Windows 2003 servers with AD. They are running Exchange 5.5. They have a 2 way trust between the 2 domains. There are about 180 users on Exchange, some login to the old NT domain, some login to the new AD. I began the migration process by installing a new Windows 2003 SP1 server, applying all of the patches. I then proceeded to follow the migration process using the migration tool (first 2003 server into a 5.5 environment). Everyth...

What file stores my letters
I am going to format my hard drive and I want to keep my letters. what extension do I need to copy and in what folder are they in. BTW, my address is book as well. Thank you, Berto Try search. Asked and answered about a hundred times a month "Berto" <Albertocarro@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1t3vd.94941$EZ.18536@okepread07... > I am going to format my hard drive and I want to keep my letters. what > extension do I need to copy and in what folder are they in. BTW, my address > is book as well. > > Thank you, > > Berto > > ...

CTreeCtrl Drag&Drop Text problem.
When I do drap&drop tree item in a CTreeView derived window, the text does not show, only has the image icon. When I put a CTreeCtrl in a CFormView, the drag and drop has icon+ text(label). The codes for BeginDrag and moving are all most the same. I wonder what is wrong in CreateDragImage(). It assumes that this will create a bitmap with Icon and Text by call: HIMAGELIST hImageList = (HIMAGELIST)::SendMessage(m_hWnd, TVM_CREATEDRAGIMAGE, 0, (LPARAM)hItem); Are there any differences in Drag& drop between CTreeView's CTreeCtrl and CTreeCtrl localted on CFormView ? Thanks f...

problem importing downloaded data
We use money 03, previously when importing downloaded bank data, Money would ask which account to open for the imported data, now it automatically imports into the wrong account without prompting. Is there a remedy for this? In microsoft.public.money, Hans wrote: >We use money 03, previously when importing downloaded bank data, Money would >ask which account to open for the imported data, now it automatically imports >into the wrong account without prompting. Is there a remedy for this? Make an extra copy/backup of your file in case you want to undo something. See http://supp...

Letter of Credits & Letter of Guarantee
Hello... Is there any module in Great Plains that handles Letter of Credits and Letter of Guarantee Thanks Tareq Not exactly. I suppose you could find a place in POP and SOP to store the L/C number. You could build fairly complicated applications using Extender. What is your requirement? HS "Tareq" <Tareq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A1043B4-516C-4F38-901A-F21612C53ED3@microsoft.com... > Hello... > Is there any module in Great Plains that handles Letter of Credits and > Letter of Guarantee > > Thanks > Tareq Hello HSalim... Th...

Problems with modeless child dialog.
Hi. I have created a dialog window, that I want to appear (eventually) as a modeless child window inside my app. I do it this way: dlg = new CMyDialog; dlg->Create(IDD_DIALOG, this); dlg->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); I get expected behaviour when the dialogs Style property is set to Overlapped, or Popup, but when I change it to Child, all I see is some of the dialogs controls displayed on the parent window, but nothing is clickable, and nothing is redrawn if I move anything. I noticed some other people have had this problem, but I cant see it answered anywhere. Also, eventually I want ...

Letter to a contact
In Outlook 2000, our office would like to select 1 contact from the address book and have info feed into a custom letter format (with our margins, indents, etc.) in Word, and then type the body text Is this automation possible? Thank you! ...

Address book problems #5
Hello; If I goto the address book, and click the drop down box to goto contacts, I have 2 "Contacts" listed there. If I click the first one, I recieve the following error: "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address could not be opened..." Does anyone know how to resolve this? I am running Windows XP SP1, and Office 2003 SP1. Thank You; Rob First thing I'd do, in Outlook, right click on the contacts icon (on the left) go to the addressbook tab, make sure, "use for default email address, or something li...