label in chart

I have an XY chart and wish to assign a label to the x variable from
third column of data, is ths possible:

--
zac217
zac2170's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3647

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to add labels. It's a free
add-in that you can download from his web site:

     http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

zac2170 wrote:
> I have an XY chart and wish to assign a label to the x variable from a
> third column of data, is ths possible:)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)

Special chart
Hi everybody I'm getting desperate, trying to make a non standard chart with excel It's so simple i don't get why i can't achieve to do it. I join a jp of the chart i'm thinking of (not enough confident with my english t try to explain it here !). You guys sure know how to make it : actually, it's very very ver important for me (three years of study nearly depend on it !). Thank u all by advance Seamu Attachment filename: dd.jpg Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=40519 -- Message posted from ht...

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

how do i print labels using excell information
how do i print labels using excell information If you have Word, do a mail merge and use the excel file as the data source. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. ricoh danielson wrote: > > how do i print labels using excell information -- Dave Peterson ...

Linking two identical charts
How do I link 2 charts in different files so that if I update one, the other automatically updates? Thanks All you can do is link them to the same data, so if the data changes, both charts change. You can't link the formatting of a chart to that of another chart. Unless, of course, you want to embark on a long VBA project. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Sarah" <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6B51C70-6ABA-4F3A-B00C-A3531303361A@microsoft....

Charts not recognizing source data if original linked data is changed.
I am very frustrated by Excel (2003) at the moment. I'm relatively new to using Excel in depth. I have always been able to work my way through most intricacies and pitfalls. But now I have been working in a workbook with linked sheets (and with linked workbooks too) and have two problems that I cannot solve. Right now, I have about 47 sheets that are set up as follows: detail data: this is the raw data the the user enters daily totals: this is calculated data from the detail sheets summary sheets: further sums from the daily totals and a chart object that charts these sums (a line or sc...

making labels #2
Is it possible to make labels from excel, or to transfer information from excel to word and then make labels? See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052037601033.aspx In article <124ECBC4-C3AF-47E6-A5BE-AC5B7F8E4894@microsoft.com>, "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to make labels from excel, or to transfer information from > excel to word and then make labels? hi, yes. do a mail merge form word. open word Tools>mail merge> follow mail merge helper. Regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >Is i...

How do I sort the charted data columns
I have created a spreadsheet and related charts in Excel 2002. The Charts created fine, but I can not figure out how to sort the data columns in the chart from highest to lowest. How can I sort the chart columns? When I select rows in the spreadsheet the SORT button in the DATA menu is grayed out. Any assistance would be appreciated. HLC Is the worksheet protected? To unprotect, choose Tools>Protection>Unprotect Sheet Are two or more sheets selected? If so, the word [Group] would appear in the Title Bar at the top of the Excel window. To ungroup, right-click on a sheet ta...

X-Axis labels #2
I am having trouble using the x-axis labels that I have chosen in my worksheet. I have chosen a row with the dates spelled out, however, when I choose this row it gives me numbers in increments of two. How do I get the information to show up as January, February, etc.? Thanks. Robert Hi Robert, Double click the axis and on the scale tab of the format dialog set the number of ticklabels between categorys to 1. You may then need to adjust the fontsize to clearly read the text. Cheers Andy Robert wrote: > I am having trouble using the x-axis labels that I have > chosen in my ...

bridge chart #3
Can I create a bridge analysis chart in either excel or powerpoint If you mean Waterfall Chart, yes. Here are a few articles: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#Waterfall - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Anne B wrote: > Can I create a bridge analysis chart in either excel or powerpoint ...

Special Characters on Labels
What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels? -- Bill @ UAMS Try formating the label with the Wingdings font (or other similar symbol font) and entering the appropriate character. See Character Map in Windows for keys. Nick "BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS> wrote in message news:0D137128-83B0-4C8A-A025-878622F8772C@microsoft.com... > What are some ways to insert special characters (card suit symbols, cent > sign, arrows, etc.) on form labels? > > -- > Bill @ UAMS Hi Bill, More specifically, I think...

Creating a Pie Chart #3
I have a list of ages and I want to make a pie chart with the legend showing the ages and the chart showing the percentage of each age. Is there a way to do it? Use Help to learn about the FREQUENCY function Make a pie chart of the result best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Linzzy016" <Linzzy016@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51FF629E-38F3-431F-8CE9-D296F1089D52@microsoft.com... >I have a list of ages and I want to make a pie chart with the legend >showing > the ages and the chart showing t...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

Nested Comumn Chart (help)
I have a column chart that has 7 cities on the X-axis and city revenue on the vertical axis. each city has data for 5 different years. What I want to do is divide the city revenue into it's two components and have each column be divided into source 1 and source 2 contributions. Can anybody help with this? Here is a jpeg of what I have. Like I said I want each column to have a divider that shows the top part as consisting of source one and the bottom part consisting of source 2. http://www.geocities.com/monster_economist/revenue_chart.JPG Stacked-Clustered Column Charts: http://p...

How do I change data labels on scatterplot
I create scatter plots using two values (salary, year of hire) that relate to particular employees. I want to label each point with the contents of a third cell (initials of the individual related to the point). I have figured out how to change the label one point at a time, but I'd like to simply relate the contents of a third column to the markers defined by two other columns. Help!! -- ahannigan The free Excel add-in "Chart Data Labels" will do that. It can also include the cell formatting in the data label and link the cell contents to the label. Download from ......

[in horz.bar+chart] Disply dates on value axis?
Something about selcting - 'date option'. But, where, how? -- Boswell You can only select the time scale option for a category axis. This is the axis that the bars grow out of. If you need dates on the value axis, you can simply select a date number format, and provide numerical dates for the Y values. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Boswell" <boswell6@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:01A192F9-6684-4B2A-815F-1F6C65528B4F@microsoft.com... > Something about selcting - 'date o...

Labeling
When using the label templates in publisher, I want to make labels with a certain number on them. (I.E. i want the first label to have a 1 the second label to have a 2, etc.) When i look at the labels in print preview i see that the number that i entered is on every label. i just want that number on one label and different number on teh next and so forth. Is there a way I can make every label on a page number specific or do they all have to be the same when printing. thanks for the help Go here for help with numbering labels using a merge dialogue. http://www.publishermvps.com/gen...

ACCESS Charting problem
I insert a chart into a form add the X axis and detail ID's and preview the chart. It looks normal. When I go to dataview, there is nothing there but a frame and title. Any suggestions? ...

Printing column label on every page.
I have several column labels like date, hour, ect on one row on the top. I want to print this row label on every page. However I can't seem to do that because on the instruction option is grayed out. Here is the instruction. The last two instruction sentences are grayed and they give me no choice to do it. 1.. Click the worksheet. 2.. On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab. a.. 1.. Do one of the following: 2.. Print row and column headings 3.. a.. Select the Row and column headings check box, and click Print. 4.. Print row and column labels on ...

Diabetic blood BCI daily diary chart
Does anyone know of an exel chart for diabetic bci daily diary chart available for download What information are you looking to track?? "Bruce" wrote: > Does anyone know of an exel chart for diabetic bci daily diary chart > available for download Send me your email address to my address below and I'll send you one I use. Also good for BP -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F8DD444-520D-43F4-A2CF-BA8595CA01BE@microsoft.com... > Does anyone ...

Chart Axis Labels are cutting short in 2002
The Axis labels in Excel 2002 are cutting of before the last letter. I can't size the square, its not an option, and if I change the font, the same thing happens. Only if I add an underscore in the titles will the last letter appear, but also will half the underscore. On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 06:33:38 -0700, Jason <castellanij@mbusa.com> wrote:= > The Axis labels in Excel 2002 are cutting of before the > last letter. I can't size the square, its not an option, > and if I change the font, the same thing happens. Only > if I add an underscore in the titles will the...

Add data labels without displaying data points?
I have a bar graph showing payer mixes for our 3 business units, 6 bars for each unit, with the data labels above each bar showing the percent of total. Across the bottom of graph I would like to add the prior year percentages for comparison, but I don't want to include that data in the graph - just display the percentage. I tried adding a text box with the information, but I'm not able to consistently get it to line up with the current data. I also tried adding individual text boxes linked to my data, but this was not ideal because of the difficulty in lining them up as well...

Row labels displayed as column labels
In Excel 2007, how can a pivot table with fields in Row Labels appear as Column Labels with associated data also in columns? Please let me know if this is possible, as I have seen a pivot table with this type of display. Thank you for your assistance. -- I Teach ...

How do I align, data labels and leaders on a pie Chart in Excel
When you have many data values displayed in a Pie Chart, how can you align the leaders and text neatly, instead of doing it manually, one ny one? ...

Totals in Stacked Charts in 2007
I have been searching for 2 days with no luck. Is there a way to display the total on the top of a stacked chart from an OLAP Pivot table. I'm starting to think that since the data is tied directly to the OLAP cube and the subtotals are tied to the underlying data, Excel will not allow you to add the data series in any way. Please help. If this were a regular chart, the advice would be to add a line series, formatted with no lines and no markers, that plots the totals and displays data labels showing these values. Pivot charts do not allow you to add series to them or plot data ...

Label
How can I write in VBE a code which will allow me to print (for example) 4 labels for item 950, 3 labels for 567 and so on?Is it a circle necessary? List for items changing quite frequently and is stored in 1st sheet, 2nd is a pattern of a label. ...