keying in data in cell

I have a form that has several lines. I want to know without looking at the
form when the data will not show on the line.  I do not want to wrap the
text, but to go to the next row to continue to put in the data.  Is there an
easy way to do this.
Any help will be appreciated.

thank you mac
0
MAC7203 (64)
8/9/2006 8:35:06 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

External Data Ranges
In a book about Excel I read that it is not a good practice to put anything under external data ranges. I have done this and have had no problems. Is this true? And if so why? The data I am entering does not come near the limit of rows for Excel. My use of external data ranges is for custom reporting solutions. Using external data ranges gives me more flexibility in creating custom reports than pivot tables. For example I can format more flexibly and I can summarize more flexibly. I can also use parameters with external data ranges and I can't do this (or I am not aware o...

Problem with Merging Data Cells with Empty Cells
Hello I need to merge 8 cells that contain text into one cell separated by �,�. I used the following formula to do so: =E3&�, �&F3&�, �&G3&�, �&H3&�, �&I3&�, �&J3�, �&K3&�, �&L3&� Works great, the problem is, if the cells are blank I get a cell tha looks like: �, , , , ,�. How do I merge just the data, and if the cel is blank to not display anything? Thanks in advance for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi If you replace your formula with =E3&REPT(", ",E3<>"")&F3&...

CEdit Enter Key press
I have a CFormView with a single line CEdit control. When the user presses enter after entering a number I want the focuse to move to the next control in the FormView. The FormView does not receive the enter key pressed message? How can I get the focuse to move to the next control? Thanks George Try subclassing the edit control, and catching the enter keypress in a PreTranslateMessage handler, then pass down the message as a tab press. "George" <sg1base@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:bhrqbi$une$1@slb9.atl.mindspring.net... > I have a CFormView with a single line C...

How do I create a range of the BIN in a Data Analysis Histogram?
Please call me ASAP about changing the range of the BIN from the histogram I created. ...

Merging Tables With Duplicat Primary Key's
I have several tables with very similar data. Each contains a field for 'game name' and another 'system name' field (with a checkbox defaulted to 'yes' for each entry). The 'game name' is the primary key for each table. I would like to merge each table together into one large table or query (each table has duplicate game name entries) that also has a 'game name' primary key, but lists each 'system name' across columns and, of course, does not duplicate game names. Is this possible to do, or did I go about creating these tables in the wron...

Organizing data #3
Thanks Dave, however i don't know if what you told me could work, i going to try to be more specific about mi problem, i used number earlier to make it simple but my worksheet looks more like this: ----A--------------B------------------C----- 17/02/03---------------------------------- -------------Concept A---------- $1,536- -------------Concept B---------- $537--- 20/03/02---------------------------------- -------------Concept A---------- $1,987- -------------Concept B---------- $2,372- 15/07/04---------------------------------- -------------Concept A---------- $456- -------------Conc...

Excel
Hi ! I would like to suggest that the "Empty" / "Non Empty" cells selection in the Automatic filter on Excel should appear first (i.e. just after "Customize" (in French - "Personnalisé"). This would save a lot of time if you want only the non empty cells while you have a long list of figures to run to the bottom of. Or maybe can we customize this option ??? Many thanks for your next answer. Kindest regards, Romano ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vot...

Macro in a worksheet template that draws data from other files?
Hi, Just wondering if the above is possible in VBA and if so can anyone guide me to resources / examples of such a program? Tks Dave It's certainly possible, but your query needs to be much more specific than that. Try doing what you can yourself then ask for help on specific issues. People on these groups will willingly give answers, but you have to ask the right questions! Regards, Alan. "sgdav" <sgdav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D761BF24-3BBC-4561-B986-FAA443AD8643@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Just wondering if the above is possible i...

Enter Key not Responding
I had a problem with the tab key not responding the way I anticipated and the enter key not working at all. I figured out that the tab thing was the transition navigation key, but I am stumped on why the enter key is not responding in excel. Any ideas? go to tools > options > Edit tab check the box for move selection after enter >-----Original Message----- >I had a problem with the tab key not responding the way I >anticipated and the enter key not working at all. I >figured out that the tab thing was the transition >navigation key, but I am stumped on why the ...

how to activate a cell if it contains data
I've created a Pvt Table which contains 6 fixed columns and it will show data depends on how many columns I wanted to see. In addition, I've created another set of columns to copy data shown on the pvt table. So here is my question, is there a way to activate cells with data on the Pvt Table? Here is an example: If I wanted to see 4 columns of data on the Pvt Table: Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E Column F Row1 $27 $30 $49 Total My other Set of columns should appear like this: Colum...

Enter key = Tab key would be useful
Users should have the ability to set certain specific screens up so that when entering data on that screen, the enter key functions the same as the tab key. I know for data entry purposes this would be very useful, as many other programs that require the entering of data do this very thing. so wadda ya think MSFT? is this something that will be coming in the next service pack? thank you, Kevin ...

Data Validation problem.
I'm building a comma delimited string through VBA to add a data validation list to a cell. However, I can only seem to get a max of 255 characters to be recognised and populate into the list. Any ideas of how to get around this at all please, or any advise on how to get the list to populate wioth more characters. TIA. Put your list on a worksheet. Then use that range in the data|validation dialog. Debra Dalgleish shows how at: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html#Name DaveO wrote: > > I'm building a comma delimited string through VBA to add a data validation > li...

Data Migration Framework running Error
in my customer site (the CRM Application is working properly) I've installed teh Data Migration Framework. when trying to run the application i'm getting the message: Microsoft Data Migration Framework could not initialized * The Microsoft CRM Server is not responding. A WhoAmI() call did not succeed. * SOAP Server Application Faulted what should i do? Eliran Me too. Looking for assistance. Here are further details. I can remote desktop to the CRM Server and access teh DMF just fine. My DBA gets this error. He uses remote desktop to connect to the CRM App Server, tries to s...

archiving data
I have a spreadsheet that lists serial numbers. I can import that into a tmp table in access, but what i need to do is search my main serialnumber table and find all instances of the data and append it to an archive table and then delete the data from the main table. I have a query that inner joins a temp table and a main table and updates the phone number from the temp table to the main table. I was thinking something like this but i dont know exactly how to do it. any help? I would like to put this behind a button. thanks. Daniel M wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that list...

Filtered data chart
Hi I am filtering data based on rank, and I would like to plot the top 5 automatically on the chart. basically these ranks and their data is all linked...so i want the chart to change as and when data changes and ranks go up or down How do i go ahead doing that? -- shrutikhurana ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shrutikhurana's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=550371 Hello: I am not sure how you show yr ranking. If this is in rand...

Can't Convert Quicken 2001 Deluxe Data to MS Money 2004
First I tried to convert the Quicken Data using the MS Money 2003 OEM Version that came with the new computer I bought last week. Then I purchased MS Money 2004 Standard Edition and still couldn't convert my Quicken data. On the box, Microsoft says they offer a 30 day money back guarantee with no details about how to get your money back. Does anyone know how I can get my money back? Regards, John E. Golden ...

How to copy the url for a list of cell with hyperlinks in another column?
How to copy the url for a list of cell with hyperlinks in another column? With the hyperlinks in Col A run this to copy the address in Col B Sub Test() Dim hlnk As Hyperlink For Each hlnk In Columns("A").Hyperlinks hlnk.Parent.Offset(0, 1).Value = hlnk.Address Next End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jaya" <jayap@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:4347b4a1$0$27414$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr... > How to copy the url for a list of cell with hyperlinks in another column? > ...

Change Exchange Drive Letters (Cluster & Data Path)
I am wondering on the correct procedure for changing the drives for Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. The Exchange 2003 Clustered resource was created with a 'data path' = m:\exchsrvr This resulted in all of the databases, SMTP, MTA, Search folders being created within this folder. I can change the database directories using ESM, SMTP directories using ESM x.400 (MTA) directory using ESM I can change the MTA Run Directory by editing the registry when the server is active and manually changing the path I have not been able to change the Search directory (either by ed...

formal cell
Can I format a column of zip codes listed 98221-9879 to read 98221? Howeth? Susan, =left(text, number of characters) e.g., =left(b1, 5) HTH Regards, Kevin "Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:054d01c39daa$5c87a320$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can I format a column of zip codes listed 98221-9879 to > read 98221? > Howeth? don't believe that formatting can do this (probably wrong <<vbg>>) anyway in an adjacent cell enter Left(a1,5) and copy down where a1 is your 98221-9879 HTH "Susan" <anonymous@discussion...

Primary Key
Is the clustered index similar to the BTree structure? Alan T CI and NCI have Btree structure "Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:%23GC83$kyKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is the clustered index similar to the BTree structure? > > Is the clustered index similar to the BTree structure? Yes, the clustered is a b-tree structure similar to other indexes. The difference is that the clustered index leaf nodes are also the data actual pages. With non-clustered indexes, the leaf nodes refer to the data row ...

In Exel 2000, stop the blank cells (with formulas) from printing.
Exel 2000. I have entered formulas into 398 rows of a spreadsheet . The fromulas are written so that the cell remain blank until a value is entered into the referenced cells. When printing, the cells with formulas, even though they are blank, print resulting in several blank pages. Other then "select print", is there a way to only print the cells that have values? I like to apply Data|filter|Autofilter. Then I filter to only show the non-blanks and then data|filter|showall after I print. or.... (saved from a previous post) (from a previous post) Select your worksheet (I&...

Hot Key
After upgrading from Win98 to XP Pro I used Visual C++ 6 to generate a Hot Key in mfc. The hot key is underlined in the workspace but is not underlined in the running program. It worked in Win98. Charles "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A36C1C5-4A70-4F4D-AB25-872F31BF1ACA@microsoft.com... > After upgrading from Win98 to XP Pro I used Visual C++ 6 to generate a Hot > Key in mfc. The hot key is underlined in the workspace but is not > underlined > in the running program. It worked in Win98. > Charles XP has an option under ...

Changing Cell Colour in Protected Sheet
Hi, I'm trying to protect some cells on a spreadsheet from having their formulae deleted accidently etc. The only problem is I run a VBA program ontop of the spreadsheet that consists of a load of forms. The inputs into these forms add data to the cells on the spreadsheet and it all works well until I protect the sheet. The reason being is that I use some VB code to change the colour of a cell. The worksheet is protected but the cell in question is not locked but the code fails. Why can my VBA code not change the colour of an unlocked cell in a protected sheet? It lets me add or change d...

using tab name in cells
i have a budget with a bunch of sheets. The first sheet (sheet1) is to be a summary sheet. In the summary sheet I'd like to be able to make a cell name dependent on the tab name of other sheets. That way I only have to change the name in one place. For instance in the summary sheet the first column will be all the sheet names item1 (sheet 2 name) item2 (sheet 3 name) item3 (shhet 4 name) where each item is a sheet name. If there a formula to do it? Here is some code: Sub listum() Dim w As Worksheet Dim s(100) As String For Each w In Worksheets w.Activate ...

AutoCalculate doesn't see my data
In some cases, AutoCalculate doesn't seem to see my data - highlighting a range produces no responce (just as if the cells were empty). The only way to correct that I have found is to re-type the data (in the same cells), and this seems to fix the error. Do you know what causes this? Probably the numbers are text .. Try this .. Copy an empty cell Select the "unresponsive" range Right-click > Paste special > Add > OK This should "coerce" the text numbers to real numbers -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yah...