keyboard shortcuts for paste-special/formats/value/...

Hi!

Are there any keyboard shortcuts for the various paste
special variants?

Thx.
0
xirx (45)
4/22/2005 12:01:29 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

No direct ones, either

Alt > E > S and whatever you choose from the popup dialogue box

or you can record a macro

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"xirx" <xirx@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Are there any keyboard shortcuts for the various paste
> special variants?
>
> Thx.

0
terre081 (3244)

Copy chart and paste it as a PICTURE back into Excel
Hi Is there a way to copy a chart, and then paste (special) it as a picture back into Excel. It always pastes it back as a chart. Currently I can copy an excel chart and paste it into Word as a picture, then I copy it back out of Word and into Excel again. I want to do it as a single step. Perfectly acceptable alternate option would be knowing how to export a chart to file as a picture, and then my code could read that pic back in. Thanks in advance Andy C Try this Tim '************** ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Chart.CopyPicture _ Appearance:=xlPrinter, Siz...

English keyboard
Hi All, How can I switch the keyboard to English (or to any other) from Access ? Thanks in advance Imre ...

Formatting the columns in Outlook 2007
Hello, My deleted items folder is displaying 3 lines of body text in the messages pane. I can't seem to find a way to hide it. I don't need it becuase I have the preview pane turn on. Can anyone tell me how to turn it off? It displays in this format: Attachment To From Subject Received Body Text Thank you for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Did you turn off AutoPreview? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEm.Com> wrote in message news:e46eKLGJIHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > My deleted items...

Money Report Formats
Is there any version of Money that provides a better method of report column customisation than by using; 1. Smaller fonts - only makes fonts smaller, does not adjust column width? 2. Column Width - choosing narrow only makes the report wider? I'd like to be able to print reports fitted to standard page widths and be able to accurately determine column widths just like we can do in real programs. I am using Money 2001 (New Zealand version with GST) and am too lazy to change to a newer version unless report management is vastly improved and GST is included. Have I got any opti...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

changing the format of dates
I store dates in my database in a field with yymmdd as the format. Is it possible to then have a seperate column that displays the month of the entry as the 3 letter designator for the month? For example if the date column reads 071121, can the next column read "NOV"? thanks for the help ben -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you are storing dates as 6 digits (yymmdd) in a *Text* field, create a query and type an expression like this into the Field row: TheMonth: Format(DateSerial(Left([d],2), Mid([d],3,2), Right([d],2)), "MMM") Replace the [d]...

New reciept Format
I download new receipt format " Receipt - 40 Column Similar to QuickSell 2000 Receipt" after I done every thing when I click on property i am getting this meggage XML RENDER , COMPLIER ERROR, TRANSACTION RECEIPT. TRANSACTION NUMBER PRINT WAS NOT FOUND. I am 1.2 version of software ans I have epson printer running through POS Any one can help ? Gil, Seems to work OK here. Did you make any changes to it, like change the receipt message. If you changed the message, make sure to enclose the message line in double quotation marks " this is my message " If POS was ru...

# Value formula
I have a formula thats keeps giving me this return: in cell J47=if(I47<25,H47<if(I47>=25,H47+I47)) Is ther a way to prevent this? I bet you typed in the wrong formula in the post. But check each of those cells to see if they are all numeric. (if you have text in H47, then H47+I47 would cause that error.) Colin2u wrote: > > I have a formula thats keeps giving me this return: in cell > J47=if(I47<25,H47<if(I47>=25,H47+I47)) > Is ther a way to prevent this? -- Dave Peterson "=?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4ydQ==?=" <Colin2u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

HELP: "Text-To-Columns" loses format?
I have a column of text. 1 cell reads: H003402302. I want to parse the data, using Text-To-Columns with the result being: H|0034|023|02 When I pull the trigger, the move loses the zeros and the data reads: H|34|23|2 What am I doing wrong? The cells are formatted as text. JDS On page 3 of 3 in the Text to Columns Wizard you have to select each column and then set Text as its format. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Keyboard
Hi, I need to catch the keyboard key`s ctrl+alt+e in my MFC application how can I catch the combination of those three key`s??? How can I catch the F5 key??? For a normal key`s I use appwizard OnChar function or KeyDown. Thanks. hi, I guess you can try GetKeyState(VK_MENU) and GetKeyState(VK_CONTROL) when you response the OnChar or KeyDown message. "Dave" wrote: > Hi, > I need to catch the keyboard key`s ctrl+alt+e in my MFC application > how can I catch the combination of those three key`s??? > > How can I catch the F5 key??? > > &...

Excel to Word : Paste special>Paste Link> Excel Chart Obj doesn't
When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and paste it as: Paste Special > Paste link > Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working correctly. after troubleshooting: I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not display properly. when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not diplaying proper...

hook keyboard and send as other keyvalue
hi, i have a problem to deal with global keyboard hooking . my application has to deal with a special keyboard, whitch asking that when press Shilft + A, it actually come out "#", Shift + B , it comes out "&".. and when shift is not pressed, the A is still A. i can not come out with the functionality no matter what.. i have to use global keyboard hooking since it is for the whole application LRESULT CALLBACK keyProc(int nCode,WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) { PKBDLLHOOKSTRUCT hook = (PKBDLLHOOKSTRUCT)lParam; ??????? return CallNextHookEx(gHook, nCode, wPa...

Conditional Formating for Formula Cells
Hi to all fantastic Excel champions, How do I get conditional formatting to change the format of any cell that contains a formula? Kind regards -- Andrew 'The Ox' Heath Brisbane, QLD Australia Hi Andrew, You can use a user defined function (see my formula.htm page): But it must be in the same workbook not your personal.xls to work in Conditional Formatting, though there is no harm in having it in both places. Function HasFormula(cell) HasFormula = cell.HasFormula End Function =hasformula(a1) use the above in your conditional formatting http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/exc...

Custom Number Formatting
I'm creating a form where you can enter a credit card number. I set a custom number for the cell and described it as ####-####-####-####. You can enter a 16 digit number just fine, but when you tab away from the cell and the custom number takes place, it changes the last digit to a "0". Has anyone else encountered this? How do I fix it? I was told I could add an apostrophe before the entry, but this form is going to be used by hundreds of employees, so it needs to work automatically. Suggestions? -- CSBUG ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Create an exel 2007 shortcut key
How do I create an excel shortcut key? For instance, I want to create a shortcut key for Moving or Copying a worksheet. I added it to the quick access toolboar, but cannot figure out to create a shortcut key for that command. Thank you for your help. Not sure why you need a shortcut key, when a button is already handy, but here are the instructions from the Excel help file. You'll need to put the command in a macro, then: "To assign a CTRL combination shortcut key to run the macro, in the Shortcut key box [click View Macros - select macro - click Options], type any lowerc...

select and paste
I want to copy past a formula in an adjacent cell and drag it down for all records in the adjacent cell. There are thousands of records Is there a way of selecting and pasting only the cells that has data in it.. rather than selecting the whole column and pasting it? Yes, to select your column and then pull-down: Edit > Goto... > Special and then check what you want - constants, formulae, etc. This will end up selecting only certain cells. The do the paste. -- Gary's Student "flow23" wrote: > I want to copy past a formula in an adjacent cell > and drag it...

Market Value Miscalculation
Is anyone experiencing an incorrect calculation when looking at Market Value for your portfolio in a view other than Standard? When I switch to other views my market value is not calculating properly for any of my investments. In microsoft.public.money, "Tibbie Alabama" <Tibbie Alabama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is anyone experiencing an incorrect calculation when looking at Market Value >for your portfolio in a view other than Standard? When I switch to other >views my market value is not calculating properly for any of my investments. Does that p...

Formula for cell format?
Hi, Is there a formula to identify the format of a cell? For example, I have a sheet with colored cells (eg. red and green) I want to match with another sheet to see if the corresponding cells on Sheet 2 are the same color as that on Sheet 1. Much appreciated, A -- atran ------------------------------------------------------------------------ atran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24540 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=468813 On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:01:55 -0500, atran <atran.1vm2yc_1127142308.1496@excelf...

Line Color on Format Autoshape (arrows) won't hold
I'm using arrows from the Drawing toolbox and the color is on automatic and the arrow line keeps disappearing. I've changed it from automatic to a fixed color and it won't hold either. WTF? Any help will be appreciated. ...

Conditionnal Formating Help
Hello all, I have a list of 20,000 emails (database of our company) on excel and I like to select ALL the emails which include the Word "wine" in it. So these emails should be selected: - tintin@robertwine.com - monwine@blabla.com - mon.wine@blabla.com - mon-wine@bla.com - monwine@wine-wine.com - etc... How can I select them all ? There should be around 1000 emails which include this word in the 20000 contacts... Should I do a conditionnal formating so I can see them and make the apropriate changes? Thanks for your help Julien. Apply data>filter>autofilter, from dropdo...

KEYBOARD NOT WORKING
I know some people may help better if I give more specific details to my problem.. So here goes: My keyboard works correctly with any other application, such as MSN, ICQ, Wordpad.. etc. However, when I open an Office application such as Word or Excel, it doesn't seem to type for me. I cannot type in the help section, can I type in the document or in those toolbars at the top for Fonts, etc. But if I specifically go to "Format >> Font", then yes, I can type in it. I have tried reinstalling Office already, that doesn't work. The hardware is fine, I can still...

Can't paste tables into Entourage Mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Whenever I want to paste a table into a mail message it takes the formatting away even though it's set to HTML. How do I change that? Or is there a way to use Word for writing email like Outlook? <br><br>Thanks. Hi, Entourage has very limited HTML creation capabilities, and tables, an advanced feature, are simply not supported. But you can send a document that contains tables via a special command in Word. If you have a Word document open, and if Entourage is set a...

Display value of the attribute in related entity via Advanced Find
Hi Dear, I can not achive to display the attribute's value in related entity in Advanced Find.My main entity is "Email "and related entity is "case" ..I add the subject column to see the value in this attribute.When � run the query which I added some criteria, a Value in the "Subject" Column isn't displayed whereas all values in the columns in email entity are displayed .. Is there any restriction for the activity entity (task.email,appointment etc) in Advanced find.. Does anyone have any idea about this issue.? Thanks, I think you&#...

Text from Dreamweaver not pasting correctly

addition with a maximum value #3
djarcadian Wrote: > I have the following code > > =SUM(D10+E10) > > but I don't want the results to display anything over 20. > > How do I accomplish this? Okay, sorry but something else needs to be thrown into the loop. If A+B equal more than 20 then only display 20 unless C has a value i which case the sum can equal more than 20. For example. Code ------------------- A B C 13 22 0 = 20 13 22 5 = 25 ------------------- -- djarcadia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djarcadian's Profile: ht...