Iterating the combo box and displaying the value after each change on seprate sheet.

Here i have a combo box form control, from where i will be picking the value and displaying it on other sheet. Now i am updating the sheet with combo box control, value is getting pasted on Consolidated-Report using:
Worksheets("Consolidated-Report").Range("a9").Value = Me.ComboBox2.Value
If now i again go back to combobox sheet and change the value, same cell is getting updated. I need to move to next row for each time the value is updated in combo box and paste the same on Consolidated-Report sheet.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Note:  A Combobox from the Control Toolbox has the name ComboBoxN;
          a Combobox from the Forms Toolbar has the name Drop Down N.
'---
Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
 Dim LastRow As Long
 With Worksheets("Consolidated-Report")
   LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
   If LastRow < 9 Then LastRow = 9
  .Cells(LastRow, 1).Value = Me.ComboBox2.Value
 End With
End Sub
'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA  .
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware  .
(XL Companion add-in:  compares, matches, counts, lists, finds, deletes...)

"sandeep sharma" <mail2sandeep123@yahoo.com>
wrote in message
> Here i have a combo box form control, from where i will be picking the value and displaying it on
> other sheet. Now i am updating the sheet with combo box control, value is getting pasted on
> Consolidated-Report using:
> Worksheets("Consolidated-Report").Range("a9").Value = Me.ComboBox2.Value
> If now i again go back to combobox sheet and change the value, same cell is getting updated. I
> need to move to next row for each time the value is updated in combo box and paste the same on
> Consolidated-Report sheet.

Correction: the sub Title should read... Private Sub ComboBox2_Change()

2 not 1
'---
Jim Cone

enter figures in timesheets and it updates a job costing sheet
I have set up a job costing sheet and a timesheet, the staff fill in their timesheets and I entre them on to my system in excel and then I got a job costing sheet which gives me details on how much a job is costing us, I would like, when I enter figures into the timesheet it transfers and updates the job costing sheet. I have tried different fomulas but nothing seems to work, I would be very grateful if someone would help me please. Tell us what formula you've used, what data values, what error message (if any) you got, or what result you got and what result you expected. Remember ...

Pivot chart or text box?
I am trying to create a form that will show a picture of a cylinder or something like that that has a specific length. There will be specific lenghts taken out of that (representing items being cut from it), or maybe just filling up that specific percentage of the cyliner. This is to optimize product and minimize waste. I would like my employees to just see the size of each thing they have to cut and a picture they can look at and show how many cuts will come out of one full part. I could use some code examples or maybe some data bases that might have some examples I could use as a referen...

Chart Series Not displayed
I have 15 chart series in my chart. When I view them on the 'command line' within the chart, I only see 14. When I view them through the Chart -> Source data page, I see 15 series. The 15th series is not being displayed on the chart. Where is it and what do I need to do to get it to display? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Hi, I assume by 'command line' you mean formula bar. The series formula will only appear if the series has valid data. If you have empty cells or #N/A's then it will not appear. Cheers Andy Barb Reinhardt wrote: > I have 15 chart series in ...

Validation box formula
Hi All.......... I'm really having trouble with this........I want to apply Custom Validation to a cell that will bring up the Error Message if BOTH of the following conditions are met. 1- that the sum of G29:G48 is greater than zero, and 2- that the number being entered in this cell with the Validation(G26) is less than the value in F26. Any help would be really appreciated......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 This works for me =(SUM($G$29:$G$48)>0)*($G$26<$F$26) you might want to add some validation for F26 and G26 like isnumber since text is considered greater than numbe...

Change the default size of comments in Excel?
In Excel, when I enter a lot of comments, I always have to re-size it later to view all of the comments. Is there a way to change it to any size I want? I use Excel 2003 on XP. -- Thanks, Gloria Gloria Debra Dalgleish has lots of good tips and code for Comments. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html#Resize for resizing macro. For other tips see http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP Scroll down to the Comments section. On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:51:02 -0800, Gloria Lopez <GloriaLopez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel, when I enter a...

Reference information from one sheet to a second sheet
Hi I have a spreadsheet titled 2006 on sheet one. This sheet has column a - v with information. I want to have column b and I through s automatically fill in on sheet 2. I was successful in using =(2006!b3) for the first column I wanted to be on sheet 2 and it worked up until row 23 then only filled in with 0 from there on. Any suggestions? This must mean that the corresponding cell in the 2006 sheet is empty Try =IF(ISBLANK(2006!B3),'"",2006!B3) That a pair of double quotes between the commas. If you later have a sheet name with spaces in it, you will need single quote...

Apostrophe in Combo Box
I have a combo box which displays the employee names from a table. Users select an entry to "reassign" a unit of work to another individual. There are several employees with apostrophies in their name. The name appears without the apostrophe in the combo box, so when work is reassigned, it displays the name differently than when updated from any other process. Example: Audit trail updates show the individual as "O'Connor" but updates using the combo box show "OConnor". Is there any way, without using code to load the combox, to display the correct name...

Get Dictionary value
Hello, I am just wondering: is there another way to get a IDictionary value using: String value = config["key"].ToString(); Is does not feel C# to have something like config["key"]. But that's just me .... Thanks, Miguel shapper wrote: > Hello, > > I am just wondering: is there another way to get a IDictionary value > using: > > String value = config["key"].ToString(); > > Is does not feel C# to have something like config["key"]. > > But that's just me .... Probably. But, if you r...

How do i get a combo box to enter data in a table from a form?
I want to use a form for data entry. Within that form I have two combo boxes to look up recurring data. When I select an item and expect it to write to another table it does not. What must i do to accomplish this? You'll need to tell us more details about your form's setup and the tables' designs. Your question suggests, though, that you may be storing data redundantly in your database, which usually is unnecessary and may be a source of future data integrity problems. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Joe Owens" <Joe Owens@discussions.microsoft.c...

Change default SMTP address
Hi all I found this KB on how to change the default SMTP address for a domain, but its for excahgne 5.5 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291086 Can someone please point me to the KB for exchagne 2003? many thanks Hi Here is the article you need´┐Ż http://www.petri.co.il/configure_exchange_2000_2003_to_receive_email_for_other_domains.htm Regards, Shai Netanel If my answer helps you please click "Yes" "Skipster" wrote: > Hi all I found this KB on how to change the default SMTP address for a > domain, but its for excahgne 5.5 > http:/...

Combo Box #6
I am using a combo box to allow users to select a specific line item in a table. However, no matter how large the combo box, the font of the drop down lines (also does not mater if there are 2 lines or 30) is MICRO. How can adjust the font of the lines in the pull down??? Thanks, Andrew In Design Mode, click on Properties and scroll down to font. Select the line that has the font type and you will see (...) at the end of the line. If you click on that, you will have the option to increase the size of your text. "Newsgroups" wrote: > I am using a combo box to allow ...

picture display problem
I got a problem which is I can preview excel file with picture normally, but the picture be strange (e.g. the picture separate line by line) when display in normal screen mode, why? Thx for help JY ...

Display cells when box is checked
I tried VBA code that was posted earlier... the code is: Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() Dim myRng as Range Set myRng = Me.Range("A20:A29").EntireRow (obviously suited to my range) myRng.Hidden = Me.CheckBox1.Value End Sub What this does is make it so that the rows are showing when the checkbox is NOT checked and once the checkbox IS checked, the rows are HIDDEN. How do I make it the other way around? I want to Check the box and have what was hidden now be visible. Obviously I'm new at the codes, etc. thanks! maybe myRng.Hidden = not Me.CheckBox1.Value Mon w...

Combo box in subform dependent on combo box in main form
Hey everyone, I'm working on a database right now, and need to figure out how to make a combo box in a subform dependent on the combo box in my main form. My main form is based on a table which contains a university's FICE code (a unique six-digit identifier), the university's name, and some numbers relating to data submissions they have made. My subform is linked to my main form by FICE code (one-to-many), and will be used to enter information regarding contacts made with universities: name of the contact, the outcome of the contact, and the date and time of the contact (this inf...

Best practice to modify list during iteration
Hi, I'm writing a scheduling class. On each clock tick, I scan the trigger list to see which if any triggers have been activated. If so, execute the callback and if it is a periodic trigger to reinsert it in the list at some future time. So it's a matter of removing and possibly adding the trigger within the same function. I don't that you can modify the list while enumerating it - ie: psuedocode foreach (trigger in triggers) { if (reachedtime) deleteit if (trigger is Periodic) reinsert in list) } so I scan the list, find the active triggers, use trigg...

how can i create a parameters entry in query with list/combo box?
I am trying to create a query with parameter entry c/w list/combo box for the user to chose? But i can't. Pls help. Eg. [Enter the Stock Name] { I hope that a list/combo box will come together with the prompt so that the user don't need to know what the stock name} Thank You can't use that prompt with a combo. What you can do is create a form with a combo box/list box where the user can select a value, and in the query create a reference to this combo Select * From TableName Where FieldName = Forms![FormName]![ComboName] You can create a button in the form to open the quer...

Favorites sub-branch box is invisible
I am using IE 7 and when I open my Favorites they appear below but when I put the cursor onto a specific favorite to see the list of addresses in the favorite, the tab opens to the right but is invisible. They are there but not able to be read....

help needed to add values with conditions
Hi, I have some data N O P Q TD (Y/N) Value VAT Total Val Y £71.44 £10.72 £82.16 4 N £71.44 £10.72 £82.16 5 N £84.08 £12.61 £96.69 6 Y £84.08 £12.61 £96.69 N £102.85 £15.43 £118.28 N £34.22 £5.13 £39.35 N £0.00 £0.00 £0.00 N £0.00 £0.00 £0.00 N £0.00 £0.00 £0.00 N £84.08 £12.61 £96.69 N £84.08 £12.61 £96.69 Y £84.08 £...

New Email doesn't display in Outlook 2000/2002unless...
New Email won't display in Outlook unless you either close Outlook and reopen it or click on another folder then click back on the Inbox. You can click on send and receive or press F5, it still won't show. You know the new mail is there but it won't display. Have removed and reinstalled Outlook 2000, tried Outlook XP - ensured prf was removed. Nothing seems to help. This is the second time in four years we've had a couple of PCs do this. These are new HP/Compaq 4100 workstations with a fresh XP load with no HP/Compaq utilities. Sounds like an RPC issue. Do you ...

Combo Box with 'ALL' problem
Gurus, Here's my problem... I have a combo box with pulls the Brokers territory via the query below, works perfectly... EXCEPT SELECT btTerritoryStateID FROM tblBrokerTerritory WHERE (((tblBrokerTerritory.btBrokerID)=[Forms]![frmLister]![txtBrokerID])) UNION Select "ALL" as Bogus FROM tblBrokerTerritory; If the Broker has no Listing in that territory the whole form goes blank and you have to close the form and reopen it. I have tried requerying and undoing but the form still goes blank. I have tried this on the Not_In_List, Before_Update and After_Update event. Plea...

Changing types of charts.
I am new to vb. So please bear with me. I thought that I could jus change the type of chart to plot and excel would comply. What did I d wrong and how can I fix it? With WS.ChartObjects.Add _ (Left:=100, Width:=375, Top:=75, Height:=225) *.Chart.ChartType = xlBar* .Chart.SetSourceData Source:=WS.UsedRange End With So I changed the xlBar from xlpie. It likes the pie one, but error out on the xlBar one -Axio -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com xlBar isn't a valid chart type constant. If you used xlBarClustered or xlBarStacked, you'd already have your chart. - Jon...

Can't remove check boxes
Couldn't find a post that addresses these two problems. I copied a bunch of data from my Scottrade history and wound up with a line of check boxes on the right side of a column of cost numbers. No matter what I do I can't remove them. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, I want to remove the hyperlinks that are part of a column of stock symbols. I can remove them individually but what to do so to the whole column. Any advice on how to do this? You'll want to show the Control toolbox toolbar. In xl2003 menus: View|toolbars|check control toolbox In xl2007, this is on the ...

How to Open the Power Option Dailog Box
I wanna to open the Power Option Dailog Box in my MFC codes, What function should I call? thanks! You can run: "RunDLL32 Shell32.DLL,Control_RunDLL PowerCfg.cpl" using CreateProcess, spawn, WinExec, or whatever you choose. PowerCfg.cpl is the name on Windows 2003, and I imagine it is the same on other versions, but you may want to check. "kimi" wrote: > I wanna to open the Power Option Dailog Box in my MFC codes, What function > should I call? thanks! > > > ...

text box frozen in Publisher
I have created a document and need to make changes; I can not change it; text box borders do not come up. Is the text box on the background perhaps? Ctrl+m. What happens when you select the text box and right-click? Are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAE55C71-179F-4EE9-B21C-0203A27042A0@microsoft.com... >I have created a document and need to make changes; I can not change it; text > box borders do not come up. No...

Pop-up Box with a reminder
I currently have a form for entry of clients information (OOH Data Entry). In that form i have two fields one call last physical date and the other last dental exam. I would like a box to pop-up reminding then to enter the most current date for the clients last physical and dental exam to the database. Since they are forgetting to enter the most recent date, we have dates from 07" and a physical and dental should be done every year. How can i do this in a form? I would really like to use that same reminder for two other fields. Maybe is possible to have just one pop-up re...