Is this possible? #6

Sorry if a bit of a thicky question!

I have a cell that contains text much longer than the cell width so I need
the "Wrap text" option set to display over multiple lines - this works fine!

BUT the cell also needs to be "merged" with some other cells (in fact 2
others!)

The trouble is if the cell is merged I cannot see the whole of  the text, it
gets truncated & even with "Wrap text" set merging seems to prevent it
displaying over muliple lines!

Is there a way around this?

many thanks & hopefully I've made some sense!

harry

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Add some alt-enters (to force new lines within the cell) every 80-100
characters.

You'll have to manually adjust the row height, though.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

Custom Number Format #6
I created a custom number format #,##0,_);(#,##0,) that rounds number to thousands but it also shows 0 as blank. I need a format that als shows "0" as "0". Thanks for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try #,##0,_);(#,##0,);0 >-----Original Message----- >I created a custom number format #,##0,_);(#,##0,) that rounds numbers >to thousands but it also shows 0 as blank. I need a format that also >shows "0" as "0". > >Thanks for your help. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/...

Spell check not working on Outlook Express 6 with Office 97
I got a new computer with XP installed and now I can't get my Outlook Express 6 to recognize spell check. (It worked on my Windows 95 workstation). I have Office installed under C:Program Files / Microsoft Office / Office. How can I tell Outlook Express where the dictionary is located? Thanks for any help! Mike How To Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6 http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm Spell Checker Not Working in Windows XP http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.h...

CListCtrl #6
How can I get selected item (row) in CListCtrl? Btw, multiple selection is disabled, I need only 1 selected row. How can I force CListCtrl to allways show selection? When I click white area in CListCtrl, it unselect selected item. Thank you. Hi Oliver, Thanks for you posting in the group! Use the GetHotItem(), SetHotItem() when hot tracking (and hover selection) is enabled. extern CListCtrl* pmyListCtrl; // Set the hot item to the first item only if no other item is // highlighted. if (pmyListCtrl->GetHotItem() == -1) pmyListCtrl->SetHotItem(0); Hope that helps! ...

vc++ 6.0 xp theme tab background color
hi i have created a vc++ 6.0 program using the xp theme maniest, no problems, all controls are now xp-stye. the problem i am having is that my application has a tab control in it. the xp theme color for a tab control background is a light cream, almost white color, but the static labels, radio button labels and the group box labels all have a rectangular region around them that is the old color. i have searched these groups, and the closest i have come to a solution is using the 'EnableThemeDialogTexture', but this does not exist within vc++ 6.0. any comments welcome thanks, evan ...

Recovering Pub. 6.0 files
My HD crashed a while ago, and I am trying to recover some files of it. I have the original Office 2000 Small Business Edition disks, but I lost the Product code, and I can't reinstall the program. Any suggestions? ...

Can I assign an ip form within a program on Windows CE 6.0
Hi I know in Windows CE 6.0 you can change the ip address on the device by doing the following 1. Navigate to : Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Network and Dial up Connections 2. Right click on the network adapter and select Properties 3. You will see the IP Settings dialog box 4. Click Specify an IP address and fill it in I would like to do the same thing in a program. What do I wirte too? Are they registry entries or something in the smbserver.dll? Can someone please provide some detail on what to write too? -- Don Just ...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Formatting Question #6
I have a field in my spreadsheet that is typed in as 6/29/5. How can I change this to 6/29/2005? Select the cells, go to Format>Cells, click Date in the list of categories & pick what you want from the choices offered. You should find what you want there. HTH |:>) "Metalteck" wrote: > I have a field in my spreadsheet that is typed in as 6/29/5. How can I change > this to 6/29/2005? ...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

Is Batch Marking Possible?
Hello, I am doing a mass mailing from Outlook. I will print 50 address labels per day. Is there a way for me to batch-mark the contacts for which I print a label? Thanks, Talal Itani ...

Mailbox Restore #6
Hi! Im about to restore a SBS 2003 server with exchange (2003) after a system crash. I don't want to restore over my new installed machine, so what's the easiest way? Im only interested in the mailboxes and public folders content. Software for extracting directly fom edb files are to expensive, or is there any cheap one? :-) /Jonas On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 18:36:24 +0100, "Jonas Nilsson" <jonas_nilsson@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi! > >Im about to restore a SBS 2003 server with exchange (2003) after a system >crash. > >I don't want to restore over my ...

Stationery #6
I need to turn off the stationery option for everyone in my organization. Is this possible? ...

Is it possible to make cmd window to flash?
Greetings, I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can this be implemented? Thanks, Evan >I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm >feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can >this be implemented? Evan, If the console is running in a window, I presume you can use the FlashWindow(Ex) API. In newer OS's you can find the console window handle using the GetConsoleWindow API. For older OS's here's...

possible R-NDR attack, not sure, please help
Thanks to all who help and hope to help others with same issue. Since yesterday a user on domain sent a mail out to 10 or so people. Ever since then everyone who was being sent the message including the sender is getting a message like this. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Donald Permenter Sent: 10/21/2005 5:54 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: username@aol.com. on 10/21/2005 5:55 AM The format of the e-mail address is incorrect. Check the address, look up the recipient in the Address Book,...

How is possible?
I have performed the regular procedure in order to unistall outlook express. In the windows installed programs look not present but outlook express is still there and working. I cannot understand how this is possible. Would you anybody explain me? Thanks and regards Hello Salicilico, you wrote on Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:21:32 GMT: > I have performed the regular procedure in order to unistall outlook express. > In the windows installed programs look not present but outlook express is > still there and working. > I cannot understand how this is possible. > Would you anybody expl...

Outlook or Windows Mobile 6 problem???
I recently got a Samsung Blackjack II Windows Mobile device, which I like way more than the Palm Treo 650 it replaced. There is one problem, however, which I describe below. I'm posting this message in this group because Samsung Level III support claims the problem is caused by outlook data corruption, not a bug in WM 6. I also posted a description of this problem in two Microsoft.pocketpc usenet groups and no one replied. Here is my problem description, which describes behavior on the WM 6 device: 1. If I am entering data into any application, or trying to send a text message, abou...

Outlook Express 6 not responding
Whenever I try to launch Outlook Express, it gets hung up. When I click ctrl-alt-del, it says "not responding." When I try to reboot I see the following: Windows fatal exception 0E at 524F: 000004F2 What is going on? I used to have no problem getting into my mail. Gerald wrote: > Whenever I try to launch Outlook Express, it gets hung up. > When I click ctrl-alt-del, it says "not responding." When > I try to reboot I see the following: > > Windows fatal exception 0E at 524F: 000004F2 > > What is going on? I used to have no problem getting into >...

Is it possible to enter Credit Notes in CRM?
Hi, I'm having a problem entering Credit Notes in MS CRM. I'm migrating Credit Notes and Invoices into CRM from our accounts system for Sales History reference. Invoices and Invoice Details are migrating fine, Credits aren't. Invoice Detail lines with a negative quantity are not calculating the Extended Value (or feeding through to the Invoice total value). When I open the Invoice Product screen for these lines an "Invalid Quantity" message appears at the top of the screen, although it does display negative values like '-1'. I've modified the Invoice Produ...