Is there an "Execute" worksheet function?

Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is
stored in a cell as a test string?

Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will
execute that expression and result in "7"?

I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy.
0
invalid (293)
7/4/2007 3:32:14 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

in the absence of putting = in front of c4, try this
=LEFT(C4,FIND("+",C4)-1)+RIGHT(C4,LEN(C4)-FIND("+",C4))

--
Don Guillett Excel MVP
SalesAid Software
"LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is
> stored in a cell as a test string?
>
> Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will
> execute that expression and result in "7"?
>
> I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy.

0
dguillett1 (2487)
7/4/2007 3:55:49 PM
"LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is
> stored in a cell as a test string?
>
> Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will
> execute that expression and result in "7"?
>
> I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy.

Hi,

May be string functions could sometimes help.

In your particular case

=LEFT(C4,1) + RIGHT(C4,1)

gives you the correct answer

regards

Jean

0
jean.ruch (52)
7/4/2007 4:15:46 PM
Hi

Create a named formula Insert>Name>Define>
Name        Calc
Refers to   =EVALUATE(A$4)
In C5 enter =Calc

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is
> stored in a cell as a test string?
>
> Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will
> execute that expression and result in "7"?
>
> I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy.

0
roger5293 (1125)
7/4/2007 4:25:08 PM
On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:55:49 -0500, "Don Guillett"
<dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>in the absence of putting = in front of c4,

Do you mean putting "=3+4" in C4 rather than just "3+4"?

>try this
>=LEFT(C4,FIND("+",C4)-1)+RIGHT(C4,LEN(C4)-FIND("+",C4))

I should have been more clear. The contents of C4 contain an arbitrary
expression, not just "3+4". The actual expressions are much more
complicated and contain function calls.

I want to build a table with the expressions in column 1 and the
values in column 2:

   Col1               Col2
   3+4                     7
   3.44*exp(3.44)   107.2831
   10^.5            3.162278

etc...
0
invalid (293)
7/4/2007 4:31:20 PM
Hey Roger,

How come you can use the EVALUATE function in the named range, when there isn't such a
function you can use in a cell?  Is it a worksheet function or ain't it???    ):
--
Confused in Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Roger Govier" <roger@technologyNOSPAM4u.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Create a named formula Insert>Name>Define>
> Name        Calc
> Refers to   =EVALUATE(A$4)
> In C5 enter =Calc
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is
>> stored in a cell as a test string?
>>
>> Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will
>> execute that expression and result in "7"?
>>
>> I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy.

0
someone798 (944)
7/4/2007 4:38:58 PM
LurfysMa,

Here's a user-defined function (put it in a regular module):

Function Eval(arg As Range)
Eval = Evaluate(arg.Value)
End Function

Now call it in C5, thus:

=Eval(C4)

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

    Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
    Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
    But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
    already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
    When in Rome...
"LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is
> stored in a cell as a test string?
>
> Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will
> execute that expression and result in "7"?
>
> I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy.

0
someone798 (944)
7/4/2007 4:40:32 PM
I meant just put a equal sign in front of your expression in column C.

--
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:55:49 -0500, "Don Guillett"
> <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>in the absence of putting = in front of c4,
>
> Do you mean putting "=3+4" in C4 rather than just "3+4"?
>
>>try this
>>=LEFT(C4,FIND("+",C4)-1)+RIGHT(C4,LEN(C4)-FIND("+",C4))
>
> I should have been more clear. The contents of C4 contain an arbitrary
> expression, not just "3+4". The actual expressions are much more
> complicated and contain function calls.
>
> I want to build a table with the expressions in column 1 and the
> values in column 2:
>

>   Col1               Col2
>   3+4                     7
>   3.44*exp(3.44)   107.2831
>   10^.5            3.162278
>
> etc...

0
dguillett1 (2487)
7/4/2007 4:40:47 PM
You could use a UDF like:

Option Explicit
Function Eval(myStr As String) As Variant

    Application.Volatile True

    Dim Res As Variant

    Res = Application.Caller.Parent.Evaluate(myStr)

    If IsError(Res) Then
        Eval = "Error!"
    Else
        Eval = Res
    End If

End Function

But be aware that the function won't evaluate when you just change the cells
that are used in the formula.
It'll be correct when excel recalculates.  (Hit F9 to force a recalc.)

Short course:

Open your workbook.
Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros/UDF's live)
hit ctrl-R to view the project explorer
Find your workbook.
should look like:   VBAProject (yourfilename.xls)

right click on the project name
Insert, then Module
You should see the code window pop up on the right hand side

Paste the code in there.

Now go back to excel.
Into a test cell and type:
=eval(A1)

LurfysMa wrote:

> Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is
> stored in a cell as a test string?
>
> Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will
> execute that expression and result in "7"?
>
> I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy.

--

Dave Peterson
0

It is using the old EXCEL 4.0 function EVALUATE.
It cannot be used directly in a cell, but as a Named formula, it will
invoke the Excel 4.0 function. Still supported in XL2007 as well.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Earl Kiosterud" <someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hey Roger,
>
> How come you can use the EVALUATE function in the named range, when
> there isn't such a function you can use in a cell?  Is it a worksheet
> function or ain't it???    ):
> --
> Confused in Virginia Beach,
>
> Earl Kiosterud
> www.smokeylake.com

> "Roger Govier" <roger@technologyNOSPAM4u.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Create a named formula Insert>Name>Define>
>> Name        Calc
>> Refers to   =EVALUATE(A$4)
>> In C5 enter =Calc
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> Roger Govier
>>

>> "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is
>>> stored in a cell as a test string?
>>>
>>> Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will
>>> execute that expression and result in "7"?
>>>
>>> I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy.

0
roger5293 (1125)
7/4/2007 5:06:40 PM
"Roger Govier" <roger@technologyNOSPAM4u.co.uk> wrote...
>It is using the old EXCEL 4.0 function EVALUATE.

It's an XLM function. Still available in macro sheets too.

>It cannot be used directly in a cell, but as a Named formula, it will
>invoke the Excel 4.0 function. Still supported in XL2007 as well.

Note that in Excel 2000 and prior, if you copy a range containing cells with
formulas that refer to such names and then try to paste into other
worksheets, Excel will CRASH with complete data loss.

0
hrlngrv1 (375)
7/4/2007 11:56:07 PM
"LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote...
>Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is
>stored in a cell as a test string?
>
>Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will
>execute that expression and result in "7"?
>
>I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy.

Another alternative - download and install Laurent Longre's MOREFUNC.XLL
add-in, freely available from

http://xcell05.free.fr/english/

It provides a function named EVAL which would work for this. However, it's
limited to 255 characters each way: it can only accept arguments up to 255
chars in length, and it can only return text strings (not the issue here,
but FYI) up to 255 chars.

0
hrlngrv1 (375)
7/5/2007 12:38:58 AM
Hi Harlan

Thank you for that. I was unaware of the problem in XL2000 versions and
earlier.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Harlan Grove" <hrlngrv@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Roger Govier" <roger@technologyNOSPAM4u.co.uk> wrote...
>>It is using the old EXCEL 4.0 function EVALUATE.
>
> It's an XLM function. Still available in macro sheets too.
>
>>It cannot be used directly in a cell, but as a Named formula, it will
>>invoke the Excel 4.0 function. Still supported in XL2007 as well.
>
> Note that in Excel 2000 and prior, if you copy a range containing
> cells with formulas that refer to such names and then try to paste
> into other worksheets, Excel will CRASH with complete data loss.

0
roger5293 (1125)
7/5/2007 6:46:39 AM
It's a deprecated Excel 4 function.

On Jul 4, 12:38 pm, "Earl Kiosterud" <some...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Hey Roger,
>
> How come you can use the EVALUATE function in the named range, when there isn't such a
> function you can use in a cell?  Is it a worksheet function or ain't it???    ):
> --
> Confused in Virginia Beach,
>
> Earl Kiosterudwww.smokeylake.com
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------"Roger Govier" <r...@technologyNOSPAM4u.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Hi
>
> > Create a named formula Insert>Name>Define>
> > Name        Calc
> > Refers to   =EVALUATE(A$4)
> > In C5 enter =Calc
>
> > --
> > Regards
>
> > Roger Govier
>
> > "LurfysMa" <inva...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> >> Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is
> >> stored in a cell as a test string?
>
> >> Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will
> >> execute that expression and result in "7"?
>
> >> I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy.- Hide quoted text -

iasafiev (57)
7/7/2007 12:21:28 AM
ilia <iasaf...@gmail.com> wrote...
>It's a deprecated Excel 4 function.

Deprecated in what sense? That VBA should have supplanted XLM by now?

There are no articles on Microsoft's web site (including the
KnowledgeBase, MSDN and TechNet) that include either of the words
'deprecated' or 'discontinued' and the word 'XLM'. Maybe you could
argue that as a PRACTICAL matter XLM is effectively deprecated since
it's no longer being developed, but the same could be said for VBA.
Microsoft hasn't updated VBA since Excel 2002. VSTA and VSTO are
what's in active development.

0
hrlngrv (1990)

Execute As
Greetings. I have 2 Databases with 2 different sets of users, and thus 2 different sets of permissions. Certain actions on Database A fires a trigger that executes a stored procedure on database B. If the user in Database A doesn't have permission on Database B, then the procedure fails, and the User gets an error. I have been experimenting with the EXECUTE AS function, but it doesn't seem to work as I had expected. Can anyone give me some tips or point me in the direction of some holiday reading material? Thanks in advance. Matthew Vandermolen Solutions Architecht Worktec...

Execute an executable program.
How can I in code (VB.NET 2008) execute another executable program ? Thanks :) On Mar 26, 11:21=A0am, "Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote: > How can I in code (VB.NET 2008) execute another executable program ? > > Thanks :) Process.Start("path_of_exe") http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.as= px is what you want. HTH, Onur G=FCzel Am 26.03.2010 10:21, schrieb Mr. X.: > How can I in code (VB.NET 2008) execute another executable program ? 'System.Diagnostics.Process.Start' or &#...

EXECUTE
HOW DO YOU DO AN EXECUTE? could you please be a bit more specific? what is your question? execute what? "AS" wrote: > HOW DO YOU DO AN EXECUTE? I AM DOING AN ADO IN DEXTERITY CALLING A STORED PROCEDURE AND WOULD LIKE TO EXECUTE THE COMMAND. WHAT DO I DO? "26point2er" wrote: > could you please be a bit more specific? > > what is your question? execute what? > > > > "AS" wrote: > > > HOW DO YOU DO AN EXECUTE? Stop SHOUTING, for one thing. "AS" <AS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:675...

execute $variable LATER
$a = "$computer `t $computer_lastlogon `t $computer_pwdlastset" | out-file -filepath c:\results1.txt -append =================================== I wish to store the above statement in a variable, and to EXECUTE LATER. How do i prevent $a from execution until i decided to put in somewhere in my script as $a ? If I follow: PS>$a = "$computer `t $computer_lastlogon `t $computer_pwdlastset|out-file ...." wait PS>invoke-expression "$a" "IT Staff" <jkklim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OcNiG6BwKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNG...

how execute Adobe Reader and sendkeys?
Thanks in advance. I want to open Adobe Reader with a file already in the command line (using shell) and then sendkeys to it to highlight (CTRL-A) the file, copy it (CTRL-C), then quit (CTRL-Q) (which I don't know how to do). Then I plan to open Word and paste into another file (which I will worry about later). I have tried this: Dim testvar as variant testvar = Shell("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0 \Reader\acrord32.exe c:\pier.pdf", vbNormalNoFocus) AppActivate testvar, False DoEvents SendKeys "^(a)", True 'this is CTRL+A SendKeys "^a", False &...

Execute Macro
Hello, Is there a way to execute a macro in a formula ?? For example a need to execute a macro if the value in a cell is out of range. Many thanks for your help Yves Hi not directly, you can however, put worksheet change code against the sheet to read the result of the formula and run appropriate code, e.g. ------ Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target.Value < 4 Then Application.EnableEvents = False Call Macro1 Application.EnableEvents = True End If End Sub ------- if you'ld like help ...

Execute excel macro based upon cell condition
There must be a simple answer to this, but I haven't been able to figure it out. How can I run a macro based upon a cell's condition. For example: Run a specific macro when cell A1=1. I would really appreciate help with this question. I'm trying to enhance a workbook that I use to teach students. Thank you! Robert K. Griffin UMass Prof Hi formulas can't be used to initiate macros, however you can use a worksheet_change event which when anything happens on the sheet, checks to see if the condition has been met and then will run the code. to use a worksheet_change even...

mailmerge execute
Hi using Word 2003. Maybe there is a better way to do this. Please let me know how to do it if there is. I have set up a template that has an Excel workbook as its data source. I would now like to automate merging data to a new document. With wdApp Set wordTemplate = .Documents.Open(letterTemplate) wordTemplate.mailmerge.Execute (True) Set wordDocument = .ActiveDocument ... End With The line where the template is opened triggers the following message. 'Opening this document will run the following SQL command... Data from your database...

How to prevent "Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange" to execute when a certain sub is executed ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CA802C.CA77B6C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The title says it all.... ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01CA802C.CA77B6C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" = http-equiv=3DContent-Type> <META name=3DGEN...

execute batch file does not execute all command lines
I am using the following code to execute a batch file which contains multiple commands, each on a separate line. Each command-line creates a file. What I am finding is that only some of the files are being created ( 7 out of 11 ). If I then run the batch file directly ( either by double-clicking, or pasting its path into cmd.exe window ), all files are created ( 11 out of 11 ). private void executeBatchFile(string pathBatchFile, string pathWorkingDirectory, Label outputDump) { ...

execute code after pop-up form closes
I have this code (below) which opens a pop-up form and then after the form is closed should run 2 sub-routines followed by a requery of the current form; however, what seems to be happening is that the subs and requery happen as soonas the form is opened and not when it is closed... I can see how this makes sense, since afterall, it is doing what I am telling it to do (open the form and then do something else); but this is not how I need it to behave... My hunch is that i need to move the subs and requery to the close event on the pop-up? Any suggestions would be greatly appre...

Run a macro when a worksheet is executed?
Do anybody knows how can I execute automaticaly a macro when a workshee is opened. Thanks Rubens Araujo raraujo@iconet.com.b -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com raraujo there are 2 ways 1st in a normal module have a macro sub Auto_Open msgbox "Hi - From Auto Open Macro" end sub 2nd method in the ThisWorkbook Module Private Sub Workbook_Open() Msgbox "Hi - From Workbook_Open event" End Sub --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ mudraker, Please, could you explain how I insert this subrotines in the workshee ? Thanks Ruben -- ...

Reporting Service request authentication to execute a report
Hello everyone! I'm having a problem to execute a report on Microsoft CRM 3.0. The CRM Server and SQL Server are under the same Domain. When I click on "Execute Report" it requerest my user name and password, after I type those informations the report runs normally. Any ideas of how can I solve this? Thank you very much! This is probably cause by your configuration in IIS. If you SQL Reporting Service (SRS) server url is on different website as crm main url, you will see this behavior. Your SRS server url is in the format of http://<SRS Server machine:port1>/reports...

How do you execute downloads.
I'm a novice with Moiney 2006. How do you set up information for downloading transactions into Money. And how do you execute the downloads. Don J ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Have you tried reviewing the online help files and videos and so forth? "Don J" <dej8801@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ELidnYQ6F5320vvYnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d@comcast.com... > I'm a novice with Moiney 2006. How do you set up information for > downloading transactions into ...

Execute macro at pre-set time
Does anybody know how to make an Excel macro/VBA procedure execute automatically at pre-set time (for instance, at mid night)? Jean, You can use the OnTime method of the Application object to do this. See www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm for more details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Jean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1276d01c3f63d$8d8d6e00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody know how to make an Excel macro/VBA procedure > execute automatically at pre-set time (fo...

RegisterLaunchApplication not execute command
Hi I am new to IStillImage interface, for push scanner , i register launch application using following code CComPtr <IStillImage> pStillImage; HRESULT hr; hr=StiCreateInstance(hInstance,STI_VERSION,&pStillImage,NULL); if(FAILED(hr)) { return FALSE; } hr=pStillImage->RegisterLaunchApplication(appKey,command); if(FAILED(hr)) { return FALSE; } it execute sucessfully but when i push button on scanner ,it will not executes exe which is given by command argument, Is there any problem with my code ?? how can i execute command on push scanner ? p2 ...

Macro executes on Sheet change
What's the correct syntax for getting a Macro to execute on changing t a specific worksheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I would probably use the sheet_activate event found by right clicking the sheet tab>view code>worksheet>etc -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "k483 >" <<k483.19e02z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:k483.19e02z@excelforum-nospam.com... > What's the correct syntax for getting a Macro to execute on changing to > a specific worksheet? > > > --- > Message posted from http...

Execute commands in strings?
I have a form that has eleven sets of controls, txtDesc1.... txtDesc2. I need to do the same thing to all of them several times, such as txtDesc1.visible = true, etc. Is there a way to use a string like "txtDesc" & li_i & ".visible = true" in a loop to do this? tia las Dim lngO As Long For lngO = 1 To 10 Me.Controls("txtDesc" & lngO).Visible = True Next lngO -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23GVaa6ixHHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a form that h...

Is there an "Execute" worksheet function?
Is there a way I can get Excel to "execute" an expression that is stored in a cell as a test string? Say C4 contains "3+4". Can I put some expression in C5 that will execute that expression and result in "7"? I tried =calculate(C4) and a few other things, but no joy. in the absence of putting = in front of c4, try this =LEFT(C4,FIND("+",C4)-1)+RIGHT(C4,LEN(C4)-FIND("+",C4)) -- Don Guillett Excel MVP SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "LurfysMa" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:o5fn83thi0g5tivf55abvhv...

Which program file is executed?
I have two related questions. I am using Win XP SP3. 1. How do I know what program (folder and file name) is executed when I click on shortcut? For some shortcuts, the answer seems self-evident: right-click on the shortcut icon, click on Properties, and look at Target in the Shortcut tab. But for other sortcuts, e.g. Excel, the Shortcut tab does not tell me anything useful. I don't know if the shortcuts for Office 2003 (or perhaps all MS) products are a special case. Even if they are, I am interested in knowing how to find the real "target" for those sh...

ASP.NET C# code behind call javascript alert then execute next lin
Hello Community Using ASP.NET, C# and SQLServer code behind checks whether data is entered into textbox. If data was entered into a textbox then the next line of code executes. If data was not entered into a textbox then I want to call a javascript alert from the code behind that tells the user to enter data into the textbox then executes the next line of code in the code behind. I can use Response.Write to do that but it is not acceptable in this case because the alert must appear on the same page. How can I call a javascript alert from within m...

Execute powershell script at startup
Hi all, Is there a way to lexecute a powershell script at Windows startup ? I would like the script be executed every boot of windows without to open a session. OS : Windows 2003 (x32 & x64) and Windows 2008 (x32 & x64) Thank you, Olivier You can use Group Policy to set a startup script. The only catch is you'll have to call the powershell script from a batch file as you can't run powershell scripts directly as a startup script. There is a command line switche to powershell.exe that will hide the window during script execution. I believe this changed w...

how to execute a program only once?
I want my program (Dialog based MFC .exe file) can be executed only once at a time. In another word, once you start a process of my program, I don't want more processes of my program can be started. Can anybody give me a guide how to do that? Many thanks in advance, See my essay on avoiding multiple instances on my MVP TIps site. joe On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:30:55 +0100, "Y Xu" <y.xu@qub.ac.uk> wrote: >I want my program (Dialog based MFC .exe file) can be executed only once at >a time. In another word, once you start a process of my program, I don't >...

part of procedure not executed by button
Hi all, In the NG I saw earlier questions about residual "down arrows", I mean that the filter arrows in the top row will not (all) disappear after finishing the filtering. Saw no usefull answer in the NG. Maybe it occurs when Excel (I use Excel 2k with XP) gets "overloaded" because the spreadsheet contains very much formulas, connections to other complex sheets or workbooks with graphs (or should I say charts?) etc. Perhaps an area of memory gets clotted with all kinds of scribblings, like with exhausting the memory space for system resources under Windows 3.11. When reac...

Screen gets jumpy while macro executes
Is there a way to keep the screen from jumping while your macr executes -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi add the line application.ScreenUpdating = False at the beginning of your macro and the line application.ScreenUpdating = True at the end -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kevlar >" <<Kevlar.14da64@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Kevlar.14da64@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to keep the screen from jumping while your macro > executes? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...