is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Never mind I found it

zoom to selection

I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut)  this?

Jery

I don't want excell to change ratios to fractions, what to do?
How can I change excell settings so that it doesn't automatically change ratios into decimals? example: When 1:263 is entered into a cell, it is displayed as 0.224305556 I want 1:263 to stay displayed as 1:263 in the cell after it is entered. What do I do? Format the cells as text -- HTH RP "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:226109FB-068A-42F4-BAF1-695D92192127@microsoft.com... > How can I change excell settings so that it doesn't automatically change > ratios into decimals? > > example: > When 1:263 is entered into a c...

Budget exprt to Excel
When exporting a budget to Excel only a few (50 out of 1500) of the accounts actually export. Why? Thanks I recall a problem with Excel budgets that was fixed with a service pack for version 7.5. Might want to check that. Also, check that the status of the account is active. "noyb" wrote: > When exporting a budget to Excel only a few (50 out of 1500) of the > accounts actually export. Why? > Thanks > Thanks for reply. Unfortunately all service packs are installed and I know that all of my 6,913 accounts are active, not just the few that export to excel. Anyone ...

Right mouse click on highlighted message not working
Hi, When I highlight a message in Outlook 2003 I could use the right mouse click to move the message around. A little menu used to pop up. This function is no longer working which is not helpful. Anybody got any ideas? Arend I am having the same problem. Any ideas? "Arend Jan van der Marel" wrote: > Hi, When I highlight a message in Outlook 2003 I could use the right mouse > click to move the message around. A little menu used to pop up. This > function is no longer working which is not helpful. Anybody got any ideas? > Arend > > > I am also h...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

how can I compare contents of columns in excel?
I have two excel files viz. file-A and -B. One of the columns of File-A contains chemical names which is also contained in one of the File-B columns.There are a lot more chemical names in the latter file than in the former. What I would like to do is to transfer additional pertinent information from columns in File-B to new columns in File-A on the basis of the chemical names found in File-A. At the end of the exercise I would have a file with the same number of chemicals but with more information. How can I do it? Your help would be much appreciated. Take a look at the =vlookup() ...

List view with no item selection
How could i do that Handle LVN_ITEMCHANGING notification. Before return assign value 1 to *pResult. "Mubashir Khan" wrote: > How could i do that > > > ...

Description of Statistical functions in Excel 2002
Hello, I am looking for the English description of the statistical functions in Excel 2002 Could some one mail me the text of this help file in a doc file or show me a website where this is shown? The Help function has a page with a listing and description of all the statistical functions. I hope someone can help me. Best regards, You can copy and paste the text from Help into Word. Jerry Erik Gerets wrote: > Hello, > > I am looking for the English description of the statistical functions in > Excel 2002 > > Could some one mail me the text of this help file in a d...

Date and Day in Excel
I have 12 Sheets, each representing each month of the year...Jan, feb......Dec. I need Date and Day in 1st and 2nd colum of each sheet representing that month. Need to know how to formulate this...Thanks in advance for any help.. Hi try the following formula to get the first day of the current year for this montn: =DATEVALUE("1-" & RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND ("]",CELL("filename",A1),1)) & "-" & TEXT(TODAY(),"YYYY") If you put this in cell A1 you could use the following formula in B...

Excel 2002 document not opening with a proper view in Excel 2003
On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin Depeter". You might want to widen the column. It might not have enough room to show the name. "taj" wrote: > > On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column > names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin > Depeter". ...

255 chr limit in cell
I am exporting a query from Access to Excell - One of the fields is over 255 chrs long and it is being trunkated in Excel Does anyone know a way round the 255 char limit in Excel Thank AlanW I don't speak the Access, but can you split that field up into smaller pieces (while in access). Then retrieve each little bit and recombine? AlanW wrote: > > I am exporting a query from Access to Excell - One of the fields is over 255 chrs long and it is being trunkated in Excel. > Does anyone know a way round the 255 char limit in Excel. > > Thanks > > AlanW -- Dave P...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Remove Cell Auto-Format (General) on Paste / Replace
Good morning all, Just curious if this is able to be done. I have a series o spreadsheets, all of them do different things, but the common factor i that I paste claim numbers into them. The problem is, Excel seems t think our claim numbers are dates. (Example. 2146/04 or 04/262 (different formats for different sections). Now, I have formatted AL cells on these spreadsheets as text. (Ctrl-A, Format-Cells-Text However, when pasting, Excel overrides whatever you've got, and choose it's own way to paste data. The other problem is with Find-Replace or Find-Replace All. A lot o the time, ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

Format cells unavailable
I am assisting a customer running Word 2000 on a Windows 2000 system. He has a spread sheet that will not allow him to do a format > cells on the header row and a few rows below. We can select the colum and this option works but nothing happens when using this option for an individual cell. I don't think these items are protected, is there any way I can be sure? I tried selecting all of the columns and unlocked the cells and this did not help. Can anyone think of any reason why format cells would not be available on this sheet? TIA George Tools, Protection. If the sheet's ...

A way to create sub-categories?

Formula Does not work on excel 2003
This formula does not work in excel 2003. Does anyone know how to convert it to the correct formula for excel 2003. It works perfectly on my system with 2007. But when I put it on a system with 2003 it returns nothing. What it is supposed to do is pull data from a sheet name in the format dd.mm.yy. Sometimes the sheet is not there so should return nothing or 0. =IF(ISERROR(INDIRECT("'"&TEXT($A4,"dd-mm-yy")&"'!$k$12")),"",INDIRECT("'"&TEXT($A4,"dd-mm-yy")&"'!$k$12")) Your formula work...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Merge/consolidate text cells based on unique keys ?
Hi all. I hope someone can help me out. I have an Excel worksheet with 2 columns: 'Client #' and 'Invoice #'. Every time the accounting dept. generates an invoice, a new row is added in this worksheet. Obviously this is chronological not per Client #. But for the sake of simplicity, let's assume the worksheet is already sorted by Client #, like so: A B Client # Invoice # 231 5929 231 4358 231 2185 231 6234 464 1166 464 1264 464 3432 464 1720 464 9747 791 1133 791 4930 791 5496 791 6291 989 8681 989 3023 989 7935 989 8809 989 8873 My goal is to achieve...

Excel Colours
Hi all Each Excel workbook can hold a palette of 56 colours, why is it tha the colour picker tool on the Formatting toolbar will only show 4 colours (on a 5 x 8 grid)? Thanks for anyone supplying enlightenment! DJ -- DJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DJB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2122 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38983 I think it's the same reason hotdogs are sold in packages of 10, but hotdog buns come in packages of 8. Who knows why? But you could r...

Excel 2007 werkbalk snelle toegang, "hoe te saven voor nieuwe excel install "
Wie kan mij vertellen hoe de werkbalk "snelle toegang"met al zijn icons is te saven. Dit ivm een nieuwe installatie van excel. Het voorkomt dat ik al die icons wederom moet opzoeken. Al vast bedank voor de hulp. gr Peter See http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm You can find the file here Excel saves your QAT setup in a file named "Excel.qat" in: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\Excel.qat In Vista you can find it here C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Excel.qat Note: This file will no...

view a pub file
Hi I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher ?? thank you You can't. You will have to ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file for you. If they can't and this is a one time thing, you are welcome to forward the file onto me and I'll do it for you. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Photo" <Photo@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:44b04061$0$881$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Hi > I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher > ?? &g...

Excel drawings with Hyperlink
Hello: I would like to create a hyperlink when a particular serial number is selected in a cell. Is there a way to create small drawings in excel and have those drawings pop up (or via hyperlink) when a given serial number is selected from a cell? I have created drawings in Paint and saved them as JPEG images, but when I select a serial number the Paint editor pops up at full screen with a tiny image. Regards, D.Parker What I have done in the past was insert drawings on the worksheet, hide them, then associate VBA code to unhide the desired drawing (picture) and hide all others. ...

how to block cells?
hi i am trying to block cells. i'm writing a form and i want the empty cells to blocked (in order that u can fill in only the cells you need and you cant even click on the empty cells) does anyone knows how to do that? thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can lock all cells except those you want available for input. (format;cells; protection). Then protect the sheet. In XP, you can allow the user to only select unlocked cells. I don't know if that feature is available in 2000; I don't think it was available in 97. >-----Original Message----- ...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

sequencial cell numbers w/ an Exception
Ok I read the previous post about sequencial numbers but how can I set up the numbering so that it all ways add the contents of the previous cell, regardless of what the cell name is. I use the normal process for creating sequential numbers but when I insert a new row w/i the group the sequence is broken. Is there a way to say A1 = 5.0 B1 = SUM(PREVCELL + 5); C1 = SUM(PREVCELL + 5); instead of A1 = 5.0 B1 = SUM(A1 + 5); C1 = SUM(B1 + 5); As you can see that if a new cell is inserted into the later it breaks but the earlier statment still holds true. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Sharr...