Is there a quick way to...

highlighting only the odd or even numbered rows?

Thanks.

0
pezoids (2)
9/28/2005 11:39:44 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Something like this should do:

Sub banding()
ActiveSheet.Range("A65536").Select
Selection.End(xlUp).Select
lastrow = ActiveCell.Row
Range("A6:AK" & lastrow).Select
    Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

'Change rownum to the the first row number where data occurs

rownum = 6
    For i = 1 To (lastrow - rownum) Step 2
    Range("B" & rownum + i & ":AK" & rownum + i).Select
    With Selection.Interior
        .ColorIndex = 15
        .Pattern = xlSolid
    End With
    Next i
End Sub

Try highlighting the entire sheet, and using conditional formatting,
make Canodition1 be "Formula Is" =EVEN(ROW(A1))=ROW(A1), and set the
formatting to highlight the background.

You can do this using Conditional Formatting.

Select a range of rows.

Format>CF>Formula is:

For colored even rows enter  =MOD(ROW()+1,2)=1

For colored odd rows enter   =MOD(ROW(),2)=1

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:39:44 -0400, "pezoids" <pezoids@hotmail.com> wrote:

>highlighting only the odd or even numbered rows?
>

>Thanks.

0
Gord
9/28/2005 2:49:32 PM
Great. Thanks for the replies!

0
pezoids (2)

I hit save instead of save as...is there any way to go back?
I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved. I needed to hit save as and accidently hit save. Anyone???? You've kinda burned your own bridge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jr Bullet" <Jr Bullet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9AD451B-209A-448F-935B-B2D1EC64A733@microsoft.com... >I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved. I needed >to > hit save as and accidently hit save. Anyone???? On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:52:09 +0000, Jr Bullet wrote (in article <C9AD451B-209A-448F-935B-B2...

Copying certain column information quickly
As you know in Excel you could quickly copy the information you needed with a drag of the mouse. Because I need information copied repeatedly and easily for my access unfirmiliar co workers. Example JOB CUSTOMER QUOTE # A B1 110701 A(copied) A2 110701 (copied) A(copied) C4 110701 (copied) How do I do this quickly and efficiently for the computer challenged. Sorry, Access is a database, not a spreadsheet, and can't be used like one. You can write some code to select the rows that you want to ...

is there a way of viewing all pages on Publisher at once?
It would be very helpful to be able to see all the pages i have created at the same time - and even better to be able to print them all on one page In print preview you can see most of the pages depending on how many, do a print screen... paste into Paint and print. Can't guarantee the results. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "HJD" <HJD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9534796A-69FA-48C9-8EBD-18E2F7337322@microsoft.com... > It would be very helpful to be able to see all the pag...

Quick help with excel formula
Ok, i need a forumla. this is what I want, i have two columns like this Time Start: ............. Time Finish: ............ I fill out these two columns like this Time Start: ...17:42... Time Finish: ...18:25.. Now i have another Column that says Training Length: ........ I want this to work out the time between 17:42 and 18:25 Any one help pleas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi simply =A2-A1 and format as time If your training time can span midnight use the formula =A2-A1+(A2<A1) >-----Original Message----- >Ok, i need a forumla. > >this is what ...

Is there a way to split a sheet so columns can be different widths?
I have a bunch of worksheets that have a top part and a bottom part. The top part contains settings for various parmeters. The bottom part is a table showing calculations based on those parameters. The problem is that the parameters often need different column widths than the table. Is there some way to split a sheet into a top part and a bottom part were I can adjust the column widths independently? Column widths and row heights are properties of the entire column and row and cannot be changed. I hesitate to mention "merged cells" due to the problems they can cause. ...

Is there a way to have Excel
read a spreadsheet look at various elements then create a new sheet based on what it saw? How would you do that? -- billb Read books, learn answers to things you always wanted to know. This will make you smarter than the average slug walking around out there and equip you far better than anything else to be able to resist all the horseshit temptations that are just plain stupid. --billb 2005 pivot tables... "billb" wrote: > read a spreadsheet look at various elements then create a new sheet based on > what it saw? > > How would you do that? > > -- > b...

Correct Way to Update CProgressBar from Thread
I have a database program that currently updates the status bar while working from another thread. Currently the code it uses is a parameter passed to the thread with a pointer to the application and: pApp->m_ProgressCurrent.StepIt(); I've seen people talking about not touching dialogs from other threads, and I was wondering what the proper method would be to have it refresh the progress indicator. The controls can range from steping once every 30 seconds (for a large database) to 100+ times a second (for many small databases). What would be the correct way to update a GUI control f...

Quick Question
I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2010? Michael On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:59:26 +0000 (UTC), Rev. Michael L. Burns <sdbpastor@charter.bet> wrote: > >I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently >set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a >way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2...

Is there a quick way to...
highlighting only the odd or even numbered rows? Thanks. Something like this should do: Sub banding() ActiveSheet.Range("A65536").Select Selection.End(xlUp).Select lastrow = ActiveCell.Row Range("A6:AK" & lastrow).Select Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone 'Change rownum to the the first row number where data occurs rownum = 6 For i = 1 To (lastrow - rownum) Step 2 Range("B" & rownum + i & ":AK" & rownum + i).Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 15 .Pattern = xlSolid End With ...

Is there a way to compare 2 spreadsheets with Excel?
Is there a way to compare 2 spreadsheets? Almost like a Unix 'diff' command. I have several variants of certain large spreadsheets with only minor differences - and I want to review them. Find the differences and reconcile them. Any suggestions? Thx. Tmuld. > Is there a way to compare 2 spreadsheets? > > Almost like a Unix 'diff' command. > > I have several variants of certain large spreadsheets with only minor > differences - and I want to review them. Find the differences and > reconcile them. Do "minor differences" include adding o...

Quick campaign- change to all quick campaigns
Does any one know how to set the following to default. In the quick campaign view, change 'my quick campaigns' to 'all quick campaigns' Cheers Sid ...

best way to track check to credit card
M05 Standard Acct #1 - Checking - Bank ABC - outgoing check to credit card for partial payment Acct #2 - Credit Card - Bank ABC (same bank) - incoming credit via check payment as stated above again, usual monthly check written to pay the credit card payment that is due what is the way to go, keep the checking account transaction as a withdrawal (check written) -better as a withdrawal to keep the original form inact? or convert it to a "transfer" so i can match it between accounts. -better as a transfer to match between accounts and gain clarity in the budgeting process (i haven&...

Quick Part
When i add a new custom field E.g {DOCPROPERTY "Transaction Comments" }to my document (Type: Text) there is a restriction to 255 characters. Is there any way to increase this? Or is this a M/S word restriction that cannot be changed? Catherine wrote: > When i add a new custom field E.g {DOCPROPERTY "Transaction > Comments" }to my document (Type: Text) there is a restriction to 255 > characters. > Is there any way to increase this? Or is this a M/S word restriction > that cannot be changed? It is a restriction that can't be changed. I d...

Account numbers change
My financial mail stolen from mailbox - found in woods. I contacted broker/bank etc and now have new account numbers. I just connected to Fidelity to download statement.Money still has my old account info so - Money statement shows sold,sold,sold,sold,sold .... TRANSFERRED .... I called Fidelity to see how to handle it - they said to create new account ........ losing my history. No I'm not gonna do that ! What's the easiest way to do this ? To accept the download, then delete the sell,sell,sell,transfer download info and just change my account numbers ? Thanks Bobb In micros...

Quick Links Copy
Is there any way to copy Quick Links from one GP 10 user to another? Rich, I assume by "quick links" you are referring to the items on the user's Shortcut Bar. If this is correct, you can run the following query: INSERT INTO [DYNAMICS].[dbo].[SY01990] ([ScbGroupType] ,[ScbOwnerID] ,[ScbNodeID] ,[ScbParentNodeID] ,[ScbShortcutType] ,[ScbSubType] ,[ScbDisplayName] ,[ScbShortcutKey] ,[ScbTargetStringOne] ,[ScbTargetStringTwo] ,[ScbTargetStringThree] ...

any way to convert 2000 files to 2007?
I have a lot of Publisher 2000 files. If I get 2007, is there any way to upgrade or use at least some of the material in the 2000 files to 2007 format? I'd hate to lose all those layouts. Thanks. Betsy Kocsis You just open them in 2007, no "conversion" needed. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Betsy Kocsis" <BetsyKocsis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FFCA509-B70C-49AD-8147-4E688C3F0EF8@microsoft.com... >I have a lot of Publisher 2000 files. If I get 2007...

way to open a form in mutliple instances?
Is there a way to open up a form in more than one instance. i.e. the same form but different data? If so, what is the methos? Thanks for any help. Yes, there is. See the sample code at http://www.daiglenet.com/msaccess.htm The Multi_Instance Forms download is the last one on this page. HTH, Rob "ThorBo" <ThorBo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0296148F-5664-4584-90D6-CDE1BCCC3DED@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to open up a form in more than one instance. i.e. the same > form but different data? If so, what is the methos? > > Thanks for ...

Quick Time
I have windows xp sp2,and want to know if I need Quick Time. Apparently it is not working correctly which it keeps reminding me, usually when I am on face book. So do I uninstall it and redo it or not? Thanks http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=943 "didee58" <didee58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E82461A-8192-407C-BAC7-10455759D56B@microsoft.com... :I have windows xp sp2,and want to know if I need Quick Time. Apparently it is : not working correctly which it keeps reminding me, usually when I am on face : book. So do I uninstal...

quick question
So I extended my Windows 2003 to support Windows 2008, making my schema version now 44. I do not wish to to install a windows 2008 DC, can I still use the features such as RODC and probably fine grain password policy etc? Howdie! On 30.03.2010 15:28, Nik wrote: > So I extended my Windows 2003 to support Windows 2008, making my schema > version now 44. > I do not wish to to install a windows 2008 DC, can I still use the > features such as RODC and probably fine grain password policy etc? No, you can't. For RODCs, you need a full-DC with Server 2008 in the hu...

A Quick Question
Greetings: Could somebody please explain to me the difference between OnPaint and OnDraw? Thank you, Mark Roberts OnDraw will be called by the defualt implementation of OnPrint( ), passing the Printer DC. So you can check for CDC::IsPrinting( ) to know whether the DC object you got is of printer or display. "Mark Roberts" <mcroberts@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:40325A3E.4070600@sympatico.ca... > Greetings: > > Could somebody please explain to me the > difference between OnPaint and OnDraw? > > Thank you, > Mark Roberts > OnPaint is calle...

Delete a custom margin from the Quick Access toolbar
I am using Word 2007 and created a custom margin on the Quick Access toolbar margin list. Now I realize that the printer needs to have .55 instead of .5 on the bottom margin. How do I delete that custom margin I created or make a correction to the original? Right-click on it. kalispunk wrote: > I am using Word 2007 and created a custom margin on the Quick Access toolbar > margin list. Now I realize that the printer needs to have .55 instead of .5 > on the bottom margin. How do I delete that custom margin I created or make a > correction to the original? ...

Quick view
My new emails are not coming to quick view folder in windows live mail, how do I fix this. thanks in advance..!!! Rgds, Jay Windows Live Mail version ? - WLM Menu/Help/About Microsoft Windows Live Mail (press the Alt key if the menu is not present) -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39FB218A-6485-4866-830E-E2A97D9F1E2C@microsoft.com... > My new emails are not coming to quick view folder in windows live mail, how > do I fix this. thanks in advance..!!! > > Rgds, > Jay Try right...

Easy way to remove access to a menu item and all submenus?
I'm still trying to get the hang of using Advanced Security, and I don't know if I'm doing things the hard way or not. For example, I installed SmartList Builder on several user's PCs so they could run some custom SmartLists that I developed. However, I don't want them to be able to have access to the menu items that appear under Tools>SmartList Builder. Is there a fast way of shutting off the entire menu option (and all sub-menus) for SmartList Builder? The only way I can figure out how to do it is to go through each menu option, one by one, and eliminate access...

category quick click
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 No matter what color I set to be my quick click default in Outlook 2007, once I exit Outlook at return, the quick click setting is always "red." Any ideas on how to make the color I select for my quick click remain the default setting? Is outlook closing completely when you close it? Check task manager's processes tab to verify. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists....

Best way to create appointment for 2 computer... Task, Contacts and Notes as well
I have a home PC and a office computer. Both uses Outlook but with different userids. I want to create appointments on both computers. I've tried "Invite Attendee" but it's too troublesome for every appointment. I have the same requirement for Task, Contact and Notes. I wonder if any has any idea what is the easiest way to achieve my requirements. Thanks very much. Either invite the other email address, forward the items after you create them or copy the pst file back and forth. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Out...