is there a hotel management excel application?

The subject says is all...
TIA
Martyn

0
zoomer9799 (15)
10/3/2004 6:44:23 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Martyn,

See response to your thread in Programming.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Cheker" <zoomer@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The subject says is all...
> TIA
> Martyn

0
normanjones (1047)

Document Management System
I would like to implement a document management system which allows users to search for files on an intranet. Ideally when you find a file/document, you should be able to note its attributes: namely features like: location, author, type of file, what other files are related to it..e.g an Excel worksheet may be related to a jpg. Secondly the system should allow you to add files onto the system...and as you add, you will allocate the various attributes of the file e.g. if its a file for Sales Department, it will have attributes such as salesperson who created it, name of department, sheet no ...

How can I find automatic links in an Excel-sheet?
I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic links so that I can delete them? Tobias wrote: > I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At > least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I > have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update th...

When a Project Manager shouldn't be a Project Manager.
Scenario based question: In two branches of my RBS, I have resources which typically serve as project managers, so they both belong to the Project Manager group. Resources are setup such so that one Project Manager is able to assign her team to her projects, while the other is able to assign his team to his projects. In some projects though, we mix the teams to get the job done. To do this, the Project Manager who is the owner is able to assign the other Project Manager as a resource on her project. Once done, the newly added Project Manager can then add his people as he s...

Project Management with Outlook
Hi, currently we're managing our projects with Outlook tasks, how ever the more projects we get the more we get into trouble with this technique. We have considered to use MS Project Server how ever, we doubt that this is the right tool, because it has no Outlook task integration. Any thoughts? Regards, Ole Outlook wasn't really meant to be used for complex project manangement. However, there are some tools here that help supplement or link Outlook to other things: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/project_management.htm "Ole Erricson" <Ole_Erricson@hotmail.com&...

Contact Manager re-intall
After choosing not to use BCM (Business Contact Manager) when I first started with Outlook 2003 I now find myself interested in using it. How do I activate it? I have reinstalled BCM a number of times but I am probably overlooking something simple but I find there are no menu items, dialog box, comm or other add-ins that will allow me to turn it on. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Do you have an Exchange account in your profile? If so, BCM won't run. You'll have to create another profile with either a POP3 or IMAP4 account or no email account at all. Then BCM shuld lo...

Sending multiple EMails thru excel?
I have a spreadsheet for our baseball league with parents email address,is there a way to select all the email address cells and send one mass email to all addresses,I can only select one at a time, Thanks Steve -- Bigredno8 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bigredno8's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17162 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479664 Go here: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm HTH "Bigredno8" <Bigredno8.1xjdea_1130375102.9798@excelforum-...

Subform help for a case management database
Hi I have a case management database where there is one main form and a subform. The subform is a tab control (with 5 tabs). Within each tab control is a subform which also consists of a tab control. The key for the database is the StudentID. What I want to do is to be able to see all the subforms for a particular student. So if I choose to see all the pertinent information collected for Student01 (aka John Smith), when I navigate through the subform, only John's information will appear. The Subform has a tabcontrol based on themes. For each theme, the tabcontrol ...

Manage/administer rules
Is there a way in Exchange 2000/2003 to create rules that would apply to all users mailboxes A customer wants to create a "default" set of rules for all employees Thanks! What sort of rules are you referring to? You can use Recipient Policies to create Mailbox Manager rules. 319188 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control Mailboxes in Exchange 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319188 (This article also applies to Exchange 2003) -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: ...

complex number in excel 2003 sp3
I run Excel 2003 sp3,Italian language settings, in the Windows XP sp3 operating system. I have created an Excel sheet including equations with complex numbers. I have verified that if I use the comma as decimal separator and the point as thousands separator, Italian number setting, this sheet runs well. While if I use the point as decimal separator and the comma as thousand separator, USA number setting, the sheet doesn' t work. It is strange because all the other sheets without complex number equations work well in both the situation. The problem is that I need to change between th...

Sharing Graphs between Excel and Word
We are searching for an easy way to insert Excel graphs into Word and then placing the Word file into Adobe InDesign. (InDesign is used for our large public documents that need to be printed by a commercial printing company as Word is very limited for design). We can cope and paste the graph from Excel to Word and link it so that when you change the Excel graph, it automatically changes in Word but if you resize the graph in Word, the text becomes distorted and is hard to read. Does anyone know of any easy way to share the graphs between Excel, Word and InDesign so that we do not ha...

Accessing Outlook from hotel rooms
Hi, All: When I travel and access Outlook from my hotel room, I can receive my Outlook e-mail, but I cannot send or reply to e-mail. Does anyone know what changes I can make to my computer to enable me to both receive and send e-mail when traveling? TIA Scot Are you using your ISP from the Hotel or their service? You will need = to set up authentication for your ISP server to use their SMTP = connection or ask the hotel what they require to use their SMTP server. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sen...

Not able to shutdown/restart IE 8 using restart manager
I am handling an activeX control which needs to be reinstalled even when it is being used by IE. I am using Restart Manager to achieve this on windows 7. What I observed is that IE simply reloads the tab that uses my activeX control when I call RmShutdown(), so I am not able to re-install the control. And RmRestart() simply returns without any error. Please help me how I can re-install the activeX control by temporarily shutting down apps which are using it and restarting them once the installation is done. Thanks. Hi Varaha, Application Mutex "varaha" <vara...

Bizzare issue in Excell & Word 2000 When i type the # "1"
In both excel & word (2000) when I type the number "1" it immediatly chages to the word "one". This is a particualr pain in excel becausae it can't be used in a formual. This only happens with the number one. Is this some strange setting that I can fix? Please help. Somebody has probably put an auto-correct entry in the list. In either Word or Excel, Tools > Autocorrect and scroll down the list until you find the entry that shows find "1" and replace with "one". Select that entry and press Delete. Steve "ajsa1009" <a...

Re: Excel spreadsheets over WAN
Forgot to add, I should note a contributing factor to the time it takes for the spreadsheet to load from the remote file server is the 52 inherent worksheets (representing 52 weeks in a year). If I create a new spreadsheet in the same folder with only a couple of worksheets, it opens with no noticeable delay (because it's a smaller file). So, I was still wondering if there are any settings within Excel that changes the way the app handles spreadsheets over a network? "Roger Rabbit" <roger@rabbit.com> wrote in message news:... >I have a user that tries to load a 6....

Integration Manager
Is there a way to create a reversing GL JE in IM? I see a field to put the reversing date but it doesn't do anything. Seems like I must be missing a step. Thanks. OOOPPPPS! This Q was already posted and answered. Sorry. "patfinn_98" wrote: > Is there a way to create a reversing GL JE in IM? I see a field to put the > reversing date but it doesn't do anything. Seems like I must be missing a > step. > > Thanks. ...

how to remove shading of shapes in Excel 2007 (with an .xls workbo
Excel 2003 did not shade (color) shapes when added to existing graphics (.jpg). Excel 2007 using the old workbook (compatability mode) does shade (color) the shapes. I would like to get the old behaviour as it, (shading), uses a lot of ink and gets in the way of reading the text information on the shape. Is there any way to get Excel 2007 to NOT add shading (color) to the added shapes? Should I be using plain text-boxes instead of shapes? ...

Managing Tasks and Projects in Outlook
Hi, I am curiuous to hear about the best way to manage tasks and projects in Outlook. Currently I manage projects by either setting up a task and constantly updating it with notes, or by setting up a folder and placing project e-mail messagges into the folder. I'm hoping there is an easier way to handle the management. I am also interested to hear of any Outlook add-ons or plug-in's that can help me with Task/Project Management. As far as stand alone programs are concerned, I have tried Microsoft Project, but it seems like overkill to me. Thanks for your help. ccesena@redwoodcity....

Excel #11
Hello, I am trying to set up a duty log and I need to carry the total hours from one month to the following month. How do I set up another form for the consecutive months and how do I continue to carry the hours over to the following month? Hi Jack the answer depends on how your current sheet is set up now .. .however, to get you started to link between one sheet and the next 1) click where you want the answer (ie your second sheet, maybe in a column called "brought forward") 2) type an = 3) click where the information is coming from (ie your first sheet) 4) press enter If ...

how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file
how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file Press CTRL+Print Screen. Open a photo editing program and paste screencap into it. Then crop down to the area you want to show as a picture. "lylegalveston" wrote: > how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file Take a screen print of the active application (alt + print screen) then edit it in a photo editor or get a program like Snagit (screen capture program), I use the latter myself and it's great Regards, Peo Sjoblom "lylegalveston" <lylegalveston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Changing Case In Excel
If you type in the wrong case in word, you can hit shift F3 and it changes the case (e.g. lower to caps etc). Is there any way to do this in Excel? If your text is in say, A1. At a different cell, say B1,you can use the following formula: 1) to change the string to upper case: =upper(cell reference) 2) to change the string to lower case: =lower(cell refernce) 3) to change the string to sentence case: =proper(cell reference) Then copy and paste value of B1 to remove the formula. Lynn >-----Original Message----- >If you type in the wrong case in word, you can hit shift >F3...

Excel
Hi, I would like to export / copy my check register from Money 2006 to Excel and would like to know if this can be done and if so, how? Thanks, Bob Two answers, both in the unofficial FAQ at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=9. .. "Boblink" <Boblink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EEB04BE-6961-4C88-AD5A-DE7CA71B70BD@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to export / copy my check register from Money 2006 to > Excel > and would like to know if this can be done and if so, how? Thanks, Bob On Sun, 13 May 2007 10:55:00 -0700, Boblink <Boblink@disc...

Places COM Add-in for Excel XP?
Ive installed the addin for excel 2000 on my version of excel 2002 (xp) and it doesn't work. Does anyone know if this addin is available for Excel 2002? Or of another addin which does the same thing? Thanks Adam With Excel 2002 you don't need the Places add-in. You can add folders via the Tools drop down in the Open dialog. And you can remove items by the popup menu when you right-click them. You can also change to "small icons" with the right-click menu. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Excel query #2
Convert a number into words On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 18:26:06 -0800, Dennis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Convert a number into words Here y'go: 7 = Seven. Or alternatively, this article may be of use to you: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;140704& --------------------------------------------------------- Hank Scorpio scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.) * Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! * Hi Dennis, A couple of MS links for you to check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

Excel won't open Unicode CSV file from SQL Server
I have a CSV file created by Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio in Unicode (that's all it can do). The file is just some numbers, nothing fancy. But when I attempt to open the CSV file with Excel 2007, all the columns are thrown into the first column. I can manually import the CSV file, through the wizard, tediously navigating to the file, and specifying delimiters, but that's a pain to do over and over again. All I want to do is save a result set in SQL Server and open in in Excel. Is that too much to ask? Kevin kwdavids <kwdav...@gmail.com> wrote... >I have a CSV fil...

Excel/Word ILC and barcode font
Hi Folks Would like to have an excel spreadsheet or word document with the ILC formatted as a barcode 128B... is this possible? Check here: http://www.barcode-1.net/pub/russadam/fonts.html -- Jocelyn "Danny" wrote: > Hi Folks > > Would like to have an excel spreadsheet or word document with the ILC > formatted as a barcode 128B... is this possible? > > > Sorry - I was not really specific. We use the free version of code 39 from this site. It is a Word font that you install to write or xfer your ILCs into barcodes. -- Jocelyn "Danny&quo...