Is it possible to suppress the Security Warning Popup for Selected Excel Files

My diary is based in excel.  It has Macros in it.  Is it possible to disable
the Security Warning Pop-up for that single excel file without disabling it
for all other excel files.

TIA

Gerry.

0
gerry.mcc (6)
5/21/2007 1:14:25 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Gerry

You can sign the workbook and get rid of the "enable macros" without changing
security level to low.

For the macros warning, if just for your own use on your computer, you can use
the SelfCert tool to create a certificate that sets the macros in a workbook to
"Trusted" and does not display the macros warning.

Check out Help on Digital Signing and the the Self-Cert utility which allows you
to sign your projects on your own computer only.

Self-cert digital signatures are not exportable as are paid-for ones from Thawte
and Versisign.

Go to Start>Programs>Microsoft Office>Office Tools and build a selfcert from
there.

When complete and your workbook is open go to VBEditor and Tools>Digital
Signature>Choose.

Select the one you just created and Ok your way out.

Save the workbook and re-open.  Click "Yes" when asked about "trusted whatever".

You won't see the macro message again for that workbook.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 21 May 2007 02:14:25 +0100, "MCCAFFREY" <gerry.mcc@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>My diary is based in excel.  It has Macros in it.  Is it possible to disable
>the Security Warning Pop-up for that single excel file without disabling it
>for all other excel files.
>
>TIA
>
>Gerry.

0
Gord

Files opening with different file names
Good afternoon/morning. Having a strange issue with Excel at present. If a file is sitting on my desktop, called invoices.xls, I click on it to open, and it opens as invoices1 The same happens if I 'explore' to the file. However, if I open excel and then click 'file''open' then click on the file, it opens as invoices.xls. When trying to save invoices1 it will save as invoices1.xls, then if I open this it will open it as invoices11 I'm running Windows 2000 with Excel 2000. Any help/guesswork would be appreciated! It sounds like the default behavior when you ...

Is it possible

Excel 2002 calcs slower than Excel 97
I just upgraded from Excel 97 on NT (2.8Ghz w/1GB Ram) to Excel 2002 on XP (3.0Ghz w/1GB Ram). Excel 2002 now seems to calculate a LOT slower. It seems to happen more when I've imported data from an Access query. But even after I've broken all of the links to the access query the calculation now takes on average 10-14 minutes!!! This used to take less than 1 minute. I'm open to any ideas... lets hear your suggestions & questions!!! ...

Sub select in LINQ
Hi, I'm trying to write a sub select in linq to generete the list of users. I have an XML like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <UserConfig> <Users> <User id="1" loginId="arun" firstName="Arunkumar" lastName="Dharuman" > <assignedRoles> <id>1</id> </assignedRoles> </User> <User id="2" loginId="arun" firstName="Arunkumar" lastName="Dharuman" > <assignedRoles>...

where does oma store "ok, and do not warn me again"
Hi all, Does anyone know where Exchange 2003 SP1 OMA stores its "ok, and do not warn me again" settings when an unsupported device logs on? I have a phone that only works properly if I'm prompted, and not after I told OMA to store its User-Agent. I'd like to purge its entry from the OMA database. thanks Karnov ...

Excel asking for save with no changes #5
Dave Peterson Wrote: > And xl2002 added an option that allows you to have more control: > Edit|links|startup prompt button. > check the "don't display the alert and update links" This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I' running an older version of Excel. I'll have to hit up my IT perso for an update. Thanks! -Tomm -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

How do I create a dual axes column chart in Excel
Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. Alok, This example should help: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/two_column_series_with_two_axes/ -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Alok" wrote: > Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the > moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. ...

Personal Folders in OWA

Disable Recieving of files
I want to setup a mailbox on my server so that a user can send emails to their home email account, but not be able to recieve. Is this possible? Michael, Could you rephrase the question? I am not sure what you are trying to do. You can setup a contact that will forward e-mails sent to the server to another address. -- Jared Gradle Exchange Support Professional ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do NOT reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes only. "Michael San Filippo...

excel in browser
hi out there Could you tell me if there is any chance to use cmd button to print preview (i.e charts, sheets, ranges,.) when excel file is open with internet explorer. I've created excel application myself and just recently found out that my file is to be hosted externaly on one of virtual learning environments (VLE) sites. When I uploaded my file onto (VLE) and then open with browser cmd buttons with printpriview methods caused error message "Print preview method of chart,range,.. class failed". Also I used to read from text files to obtain some information and display ...

Advanced Security #7
When I select All from the View option in Advanced Security; it won't dispplay the Menu option. How do I get it to show it? I am currently on GP 7.5. ...

VBA and Excel help
I'm not a newbie at this but it has been so long I feel lost like one :) I need to construct a routine for the following: I have created a travel voucher form that has a 1300+ list of data of virtually every city in the country, many with multiple entries such as: WILLIAMSBURG, VIRGINIA, 1 Apr through 31 Aug WILLIAMSBURG, VIRGINIA, 1 Sep through 31 Mar Using data validation (list) as an input method, for each day traveled (from 1 day to 4 weeks, where each day can be a different location), the user inputs the travel location by clicking on the data validation list box drop arrow in the...

Excell
How can I data that is in multiple rows and combine it into one row? ...

warning message: no disk
I keep getting a warning message whenever I open ms money 2000. My MOney-microsoft money: msmoney.exe no disk Ther is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk in drive d cancel try again continue no matter which chose money strats and runs ok just want to get rid of the warning coming up In microsoft.public.money, <chmoyer@ptd.net> wrote: >I keep getting a warning message whenever I open ms money >2000. > > My MOney-microsoft money: msmoney.exe no disk > > Ther is no disk in the drive. Please insert a > d...

If main heading is selected, sub headings auto-selected
I have a spreadsheet that lists a bunch of topics, and subtopics. I want to set up a formula or something so when one of the main topics is selected, all the subtopics are automatically selected. I'm thinking this will probably require a macro, or maybe hidden columns or something, so the formula will not be lost if a sub topic's box is 'selected'. I need to have a few different people choose which topics they want searched. Most of these main topics have subtopics. So, to make it easier for them, I want to set up something so when they put an 'X' in the main topic&#...

How do I copy a Word File to an email that has numbered lists in
When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in the body such as 1. 2. 3. etc. the numbers for each line disappear in the email message. How can I prevent this? Email messages generally don't preserve formatting. Send the Word doc as an attachment, or (probably better) convert it to pdf and send that. On Feb 23, 4:05=A0pm, Edward P <Edward P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in= the > body such as 1. =A0 2. =A0 3. =A0etc. the numbers for each line disappea...

.eml file extension
When trying to open an attachment that has a *.eml extension I get the following pop-up error message. "Paint cannot read this file. This file is not a valid bitmap file, or its format is not currently supported." Any suggestions? Regards Rightclick the file, choose Open With... and select Outlook Express. Mark it to set it as the default application for eml-files. Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsg...

The equivalent of double-click selecting?
This is a simple, most likely stupid question. What is the keyboard shortcut that does the same thing that double-clicking would otherwise do in a cell? In other words, if I select the cell, or navigate to it, how do I then select it for editing and text entry without using the mouse? Thanks in advance! -- Push Latency ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Push Latency's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28364 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=504097 Hi Try F2. Andy. &quo...

I need an excel plug in to save workbooks in adobe acrobat format
I used to have this feature on the toolbar, but following a severe recent excel and outlook crash, it got wiped off !! There seems to be no way to restore this essential facility, of choosing to save excel workbooks in a pdf format instead of xls. DOes anyone know how to restore it? Hi Chris, Try-File, Print, then select Acrobat Distiller. It will then ask you where you want the .pdf file to be saved. Thats how it works on mine. Hope that helps "chris brown" wrote: > I used to have this feature on the toolbar, but following a severe recent > excel and outlook crash,...

selecting like cells in a column
First time poster...wish I would have found this place a long time ago! I need to select 'like' cells (i.e. same value) from a column (for use in a macro so I can't just point and click). The like cells are actually grouped together. Sounds easy enough but I can't find a shortcut key to do it and am trying to avoid writing vb for this part of the task. Please help!! ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com -- Hundreds of free MS ...

file menu missing, can't "save as".