Is it possible to sequentially number the comments field

Anyone out there clever enough to tell me how to sequentially populate
the comments field in cells... the problem I can see is that the cells
are in a grid of A5-10 through to i5 to 10, I want them populating
a5,a6,a7,a8,a9,a10,b5,b6 etc and when I get to i10 I want the sequence
to carry over to the next sheet...

Don't want much do I ;)

TIA

Nick
0
nickw7coc (31)
4/18/2008 2:40:37 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

It looks like rather than "sequentially" populating the Comment fields, you
are simply putting the cell's address into the Comment field. If that
observation is correct, then I do not know what you mean when you said "when
I get to i10 I want the sequence to carry over to the next sheet"? Do you
simply want to put the cell address into each cell with the Range("A5:I10")
on each sheet? If so, consider this macro...

Sub PutCellAddressIntoComment()
  Dim C As Range
  Dim WS As Worksheet
  Dim CurrentText As String
  For Each WS In Worksheets
    For Each C In WS.Range("A1:I10")
      If Not C.Comment Is Nothing Then
        '  If you do NOT want to preserve any existing
        '  Comment text then remove this next statement
        CurrentText = " - " & C.Comment.Text
        C.Comment.Delete
      End If
      C.AddComment LCase(C.Address(False, False)) & CurrentText
    Next
  Next
End Sub

Rick

"NickTheBatMan" <nickw7coc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Anyone out there clever enough to tell me how to sequentially populate
> the comments field in cells... the problem I can see is that the cells
> are in a grid of A5-10 through to i5 to 10, I want them populating
> a5,a6,a7,a8,a9,a10,b5,b6 etc and when I get to i10 I want the sequence
> to carry over to the next sheet...
>
> Don't want much do I ;)
>
> TIA
>
> Nick

Numbers starting in 0
I have a csv file that has PO numbers in it. Some of the PO numbers start with zero, which is required. When I open the file in Excel 2002, Excel drops the zero off thinking it is a number not text. How can I keep Excel from dropping the 0 off? Hi, Try changing the file extenstion to .txt When you import the file, set the column with the PO numbers to text >-----Original Message----- >I have a csv file that has PO numbers in it. Some of the PO numbers start >with zero, which is required. When I open the file in Excel 2002, Excel >drops the zero off thinking it is a n...

Is it possible

auto numbering text
I have a cell (D6) that has text AV1 in it. Is it possible to have cell A20 check to see if B20 has a number greater than 0 in it, if it does return AV1-1. If there isn't return a blank or "-". At the moment A20 has the following formula in it: =IF('A-V Input'!B20>0,"AV1-1","") I need to copy this 20 times and the change "AV1-1" manually using the above formula. There are other parts but I want to try and solve this first Thanks, One guess .. Put in A20: =IF('A-V Input'!B20>0,INDIRECT($D$6)-1,"") wh...

Help with field translation with Scribe
Does anyone have a uself guide for using scribe to translate fields from Salesforce to the integer codes used in crm. I have a good amount of our data migrated but I'm stuck on theses translation. I used their setup for the user mapping and it either does not work or they left steps out of the guides that they have. If anyone has an alternative to using scribe to get this done I'm open to that as well. Specifically what I need is a way to find value "A" in salesforce and insert value "01" in CRM. Its on the replace step I need halp with I got the field matc...

Adding a Secondary Owner Field in Contact form
Hello Everyone!! I would like to know if someone can help me with this... Is there any way to create a copy of the ownerid field to have more than one possible owner to each contact??? I have added a new field called: owner_02 to Contacts entity but it is a nvarchar so the user can add any text and it should be better if it is the same type than ownerid field. Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks and regards, Pablo Hi Pablo, There is no easy way to achieve this. You could add a separate entity which gets filled automatically based on callouts on Systemuser. Then create a lookup t...

Formulas to find a sum of numbers
Don’t know if it is possible to do this or not. I am trying to find out if there is a way to use a formula to locate a sum of numbers. For instance, you have a column with dollar figures in it and you want to find a group of those values that total a certain amount. Is this doable? Hi depends on the number of values and if they also contain negative numbers. For lets say >40 numbers (including negative ones) not possible as you have to calculate too many combinations if you want ALL possible matches -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ramblreb wrote: > Don’t know if it is p...

Memo Field 09-25-07
I have a memo field in my table and the user can update this field from a form. The problem is that when they input a lot of data at one time, it turns the last lines to garbage and/or truncates the last lines. I would appreicate any suggestions as to why this is happening. Is there something in the text box property I should set so access knows this is a memo field? ( grasping at straws) Thank you in advance for your help. Post the SQL statement of the form's Record Source. Identify the field that is the memo data type. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Sha...

Personal Folders in OWA

How do insert page numbers in excel
how do i insert page numbers in excel as it appears in word? You create a footer. Use File>Page Setup>Header/Footer>Footer>Page 1 -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Timothy" <Timothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F49714AA-F9B4-430C-9F07-759B944429BF@microsoft.com... > how do i insert page numbers in excel as it appears in word? ...

Matching Address Country with Phone Number Country Outlook 2003
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 I need to know if it's possible that Outlook updates the PHONE NUMBER COUNTRY field automatically (assigning al country codes and "+") by reading the ADDRESS FIELD COUNTRY information I already have in the contact. Also, is there any application that does this or that manages Country codes correctly to upgrade the phone numbers ? thanks! Alex ...

Custom Number Format #6
I created a custom number format #,##0,_);(#,##0,) that rounds number to thousands but it also shows 0 as blank. I need a format that als shows "0" as "0". Thanks for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try #,##0,_);(#,##0,);0 >-----Original Message----- >I created a custom number format #,##0,_);(#,##0,) that rounds numbers >to thousands but it also shows 0 as blank. I need a format that also >shows "0" as "0". > >Thanks for your help. > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/...

How do I copy a Word File to an email that has numbered lists in
When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in the body such as 1. 2. 3. etc. the numbers for each line disappear in the email message. How can I prevent this? Email messages generally don't preserve formatting. Send the Word doc as an attachment, or (probably better) convert it to pdf and send that. On Feb 23, 4:05=A0pm, Edward P <Edward P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in= the > body such as 1. =A0 2. =A0 3. =A0etc. the numbers for each line disappea...

"ghost or blank" messages with date field of "none".....help?
using the ESEUTIL utility, we recently had to rebuild our message store because of a corrupted restore attempt. everything restored nicely...execpt now we have some users that have what seems to be blank messages. when outlook is opened, and messages are listed in the inbox or deleted items folder, these messages are blank except for the word "none" in the date field. they can not be accessed nor deleted. any ideas on how to resolve this issue?? thanks! On 26 Sep 2006 12:07:04 -0700, "kamor56" <kmorgan56@gmail.com> wrote: >using the ESEUTIL utility, we recentl...

converting numbers into words
Does anyone have a script to convert numbers into words (e.g. in the way you would print on a check)? Thanks Joerg Joerg Have a look at the KB article here to build your own Function http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q213/3/60.ASP OR Download MOREFUNC.XLL from Laurent Longre's site. Does this(NumText) and much more. http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 15:40:52 -0400, "Joerg Reutershan" <joerg.reutershan@adelphia.net> wrote: >Does anyone have a script to convert numbers into words (e.g. in the way y...

Changing Content of mapped Fields
Hello, is there a way to change the content of mapped fields? I have got an custom entitie which is mpped with company and offer. If I creat my entitie from "company" the mapped field (companynumber) is set its value as it should be, in my costom entitie field "customernumber". Creating a new record from my custom entitie and select via mapped lookup field a company the mapped entitie field remains blank. Also having an other field mapped to an entitie. By changing data in the source field the mapped field won't change (update) either. How could the solution loo...

Hiding the Sender From a Large Number of Recipients?
Hello, I have just started using Outlook 2007 and I am looking to send out email to a large number of recipients without them having know the exact person it was sent out from. I would like to have a substitute in place of the actual person's name/email address that it is coming from. This is different from using the Bcc field to hide the people I send a Cc to. Is there any way to do this? Any response appreciated. Assuming that this is for legitmate purposes and that you are not totally trying to "fake" the sender's address - a quick and common method used for bro...

Mapping of ID fields
I created an custom entity with parent relationship from Opportunity. I can map Name and other fields from opportunity to this new entity fields, but what is the right way to map the Account (potential customer) from Opportunity to custom field in the new custom entity? Thanks Feek ...

Blocking fields to avoid use in formulas
Is there any possibility to block the particular field in order to avoid users to use invalid fields in formulas ? regards Peter You can lock and unlock cells (then protect the worksheet) so that users can't change certain cells. But if you allow them to type a formula into a cell, then I can't think of anyway of stopping them from pointing at A1 when A1 shouldn't be used. Is that what you meant? If it is, maybe someone else has a way... If it's not, maybe you should rephrase your question. Piotr wrote: > > Is there any possibility to block the particular field i...

Create sequence number for table
Hi, I have a table with a Title field, comment field and a Sequence field. I would like code to sort the table by Title and then fill in the Sequence field based on the order of the records. The first record would have a sequence number of 1, the second record a 2, etc. Can someone help me with code to do this? Thanks in advance. "Phillip" <Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:432342F6-AD55-405B-8CDF-43414FBE421D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a table with a Title field, comment field and a Sequence field. I > would like ...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

How to sort by "To" field while inserting items?
When in the Insert > Item window, you can only sort by "To" when under "sent items". I'm trying to find out how you can add the "To" field to other folders. Thanks Rather difficult to say since we have no idea what Outlook version you are using and from which view you invoked Insert > Item. Insert > Item uses the view you set for the Folder you invoke, which you are free to set to whatever you please. You can sort the view by any field you have chosen to display in that view. -- Russ Valentine "EJ_Denton" <EJ_Denton@di...