Is it possible to have rounded corners in cells with borders.

Just wondered if there is any way to have rounded corners in highlighted
cells.
I am making up a spreadsheet and the Date box etc and it would look better
with rounded corners.
Any help is appreciated if not are there any good Freeware invoice design
software programs about.
Thanks in Advance Ron

0
ronnie1 (2)
11/12/2004 10:27:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Not for the cells (and using gridlines or borders).

But you could apply some shape from the drawing toolbar.  Although, I would only
use this on a few cells.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Sub RoundRectangle()
Dim x, y As Single, area As Range
For Each area In Selection.Areas
With area
x = .Height * 0#
y = .Width * 0#
    ActiveSheet.Rectangles.Add Top:=.Top - x, Left:=.Left - y, _
          Height:=.Height + 1 * x, Width:=.Width + 1 * y
  End With
With ActiveSheet.Rectangles(ActiveSheet.Rectangles.Count)
          .Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
          .ShapeRange.AutoShapeType = msoShapeRoundedRectangle
  End With
Next area
End Sub

Will place a transparent rounded rectangle over a cell or selection of cells.

Cell background colors are maintained if any.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:27:13 -0000, "Ronnie" <ronnie@broraweb.co.uk> wrote:

>Just wondered if there is any way to have rounded corners in highlighted
>cells.
>I am making up a spreadsheet and the Date box etc and it would look better
>with rounded corners.
>Any help is appreciated if not are there any good Freeware invoice design
>software programs about.
>Thanks in Advance Ron

0
Gord

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

Changing items in cells that are filled using Data Validation List
Please let me know if there is any way to use formulas to modify cells that are populated with drop down boxes from the Data Validation menu. One of our users now wants to change all cells in a range to N/A if the First cell in the range contains the value "No". Thanks for all the help!! Ken -- akkrug Hi, You can do that in 2007 but not in 2003. Well in 2003 you probably could write code to do it, but in 2007 you can use conditional formatting. Let me know if you want VBA code or if you are using 2007. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "akkrug" wrote: > Plea...

Copying last cell's datal in one column to first cell in next column?
I have several columns of data. For instance: Col B Col C Col D Col E Col F Col G Row 1 250 125 89 Row 2 125 217 144 Row 3 166 144 105 Row 4 122 110 Row 5 155 Row 6 What I need is to be able to copy the last item in Col B (166 in Row 3) into C1 and the last item from Column D (155 in Row 5) into E1 etc. I have three colums I need to ...

cell input on certian dates!!
Ok, heres my question. on sheet2 i have a list of items in col A that i inventory daily, in col B i enter those qtys. ex. A B Beef 3 On Sheet1 in col A i have the dates for the month A B 8/4/2005 8/5/2005 8/6/2005 i need sheet1 col b to lookup and input the number from sheet 2 col b on the spacific date that i am entering it but i need that number to stay there when i change the number the next day. i know its kind of vauge but i am new at excel and could really use the help!!! thank you!! -- ...

finding a cell address
I am still working on a vlookup table to return more All values for given lookup value. I have found a way but need a little help. my first value is easy it just looks at the range of the whole databas lookup range= a:d The second value is tricky, what I need is a formula that will give th me address of the 1st match+1 cell down what will give me lookup range = a2:d3 The third would be the value of the 1st match +2 cell down My data is sorted by col. A in ascending order -- thats why once i finds the 1st one if there are any more it will be in the next row. I have an example if needed ...

selecting like cells in a column
First time poster...wish I would have found this place a long time ago! I need to select 'like' cells (i.e. same value) from a column (for use in a macro so I can't just point and click). The like cells are actually grouped together. Sounds easy enough but I can't find a shortcut key to do it and am trying to avoid writing vb for this part of the task. Please help!! ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com -- Hundreds of free MS ...

Excel 2002 SP3 CSV Format Cell 'Special' Leading Zero
Excel 2002 SP3, CSV File, Format Cell 'Special' for Zip Code Leading Zero does not work. Is there any way to maintain the Zip Code Leading Zero (New England States) in a CSV File? I have tried Format 'Special' and 'Text' and have found the only solution to be to place a leading ' with each zip code. This is not a very practical solution. Is this a configuration problem, a bug, or a limitation of the CSV file? Thanks, William Hi you may use an adjacent cell with a formula for this. e.g. enter in B1 =TEXT(A1,"0000") or something similar according...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

using the cells property for use with Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum
Has anyone had any success with using the Cells Propery when using the Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum function? My code is below: Sub AddDataMorningMil(mon As String, Day As String, yr As String, intDOW As Integer) 'DOW = Day of Week Dim x As Integer, row As Integer, colStart As Integer, colEnd As Integer, varSum As Variant ' -- Friday column & starting row colEnd = 6 row = 15 ' -- Get the start column & row Select Case intDOW Case 2 'Monday colStart = 2 Case 3 'TuesDay colStart = 3 ...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

Is Batch Marking Possible?
Hello, I am doing a mass mailing from Outlook. I will print 50 address labels per day. Is there a way for me to batch-mark the contacts for which I print a label? Thanks, Talal Itani ...

Entering Mutliple times in a cell #2
So with the 2 replies I have so far, I gather that I can't put the 3 times in one cell and Excel is able to calculate it?? -- gary66 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gary66's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16060 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275186 Yes .. you'll get #VALUE! -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "gary66" <gary66.1f89e0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:gary66.1f...

extracting comments in a cell and making these part of the Chart .
I would like to extract comments in a which I have added in a cell and making these comments part of the Chart Title Charles, Click once on the title of the chart. Next, go to the formula bar and type "=". Finally, click on the cell reference that you want to show in the title and hit the Enter key. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Charles" wrote: > I would like to extract comments in a which I have added in a cell and > making these comments part of the Chart Title Thank you for your help. It did work! "Charles" wrote: ...

in access, round up to nearest fraction(.5)
In MS-Access, How do I round a formula result up to the nearest fraction (Specifically the nearest half). Example: 1.3 rounds to 1.5, while 1.7 rounds up to 2 Stephengw - Multiply the value by two, then round to no decimal places, then divide by two. =Round(2*[YourValue],0)/2 -- Daryl S "Stephengw" wrote: > In MS-Access, How do I round a formula result up to the nearest fraction > (Specifically the nearest half). Example: 1.3 rounds to 1.5, while 1.7 > rounds up to 2 ...

POPULATE CELL
I NEED TO HAVE A DROP DOWN WINDOW IN CELL A1 TO POPULATE A LIST TO B1, B2,B3 AND B4 Please drop the CAPS and describe what you mean by "populate a list" What type of choices would you have in the A1 dropdown and how would that determine what goes into B1:B4 Where does(do) the B1:B4 list(s) originate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:02:01 -0800, ELBERT <ELBERT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I NEED TO HAVE A DROP DOWN WINDOW IN CELL A1 TO POPULATE A LIST TO B1, B2,B3 >AND B4 First, name the cells B1 to B4 : by selecting B1 to B4 and g...

Cell References #3
I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells in work sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by at least 4 rows. Cells in B where I want those values are separated by 1 row. How can I copy the values without having to enter each cell reference indivudually in B? Is there a formula to add columns or rows such as cell A1+3 = cell D1 or cell A1 + 3 = cell A4 gman Wrote: > I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells i > work > sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by a > least > 4...

Is it possible to make cmd window to flash?
Greetings, I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can this be implemented? Thanks, Evan >I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm >feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can >this be implemented? Evan, If the console is running in a window, I presume you can use the FlashWindow(Ex) API. In newer OS's you can find the console window handle using the GetConsoleWindow API. For older OS's here's...

Defining cell with only through 1
Hi All I want to define all the cells where the integer only goes to 32. Meaning when I enter in A1 167.700.25 and A2 152.30 and I want to subtract A1-A2 = 7.70 where the inetger goes to 100. I my case I want it to go only to 32.(1/32) Meaning if A1 110.15(.15 should be formated as actually .15*32= 0.048) so instead of 110.15 I want the cell formated so I can input 110.15 and it writes as 110.048. OR it even if it lets me input 110.048 is fine which ever is possible. The reason I want it done is because I am dealing with interger which are expressed in 32nds. thats is 1/32, 2/...

Multiplication of multiple cells
I am trying to put my school dinner register on excel. I need to be able to work out how much money is due by adding the number of meals ordered (involving more than one cell) and then multiplying that number by the cost of the meal e.g. £1.60 How can I do this? how about =sum(a1...a17)*1.60 where a1 through a17 represents the number of dinners and 1.60 is the price you are mentioning... "Littlecharmer" <Littlecharmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:204DFC78-1258-473C-B180-C431A2067A3B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to put my school dinner regi...