is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and write to its data?

is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro
in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and
write to its data?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

i mean xls not xsl

"Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to execute write to the fields in another .xsl form a macro
> in another .xsl? e.g. some way to load another .xsl into an .xsl macro and
> write to its data?

Both workbooks are open?

workbooks("book1.xls").worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").value _
  = workbooks("book2.xls").worksheets("sheet99").range("b33").value

If you need to do bigger ranges of data, record a macro when you do a copy|paste
or copy|paste special|Values (depending on what you want).

--

Dave Peterson
0

Help with field translation with Scribe
Does anyone have a uself guide for using scribe to translate fields from Salesforce to the integer codes used in crm. I have a good amount of our data migrated but I'm stuck on theses translation. I used their setup for the user mapping and it either does not work or they left steps out of the guides that they have. If anyone has an alternative to using scribe to get this done I'm open to that as well. Specifically what I need is a way to find value "A" in salesforce and insert value "01" in CRM. Its on the replace step I need halp with I got the field matc...

Configure Exchange 5.5 for backup to another domain
Hello, Is it possible to configure Exchange 5.5 to be a back mail server for another domain as well as it's host domain. Example... mx record has 10 -> firstdomain.com 20 -> backupdomain.com If firstdomain.com's exchange server goes down is there a way to configure backupdomain.com's exchange server to accept mail for firstdomain.com and send it to the server when it comes back online? But it cannot stop accepting mail for backupdomain.com. Thanks. Chris DeFreitas Yes, it is posible. On Exchange server for backupdomain, in Exch Admin prog, IMC props, Routing ta...

Outlook Forms????
I created a form, however, there is a message page, with the To:, From: ect. & a Page 2. I really don't want the form to be 2 pages. How can I get everything onto the message page. This way a user does not have to click the P2 tab to fill in the form. Cut and paste the controls on Page 2 to the main message page. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue...

Is it possible

Memo Field 09-25-07
I have a memo field in my table and the user can update this field from a form. The problem is that when they input a lot of data at one time, it turns the last lines to garbage and/or truncates the last lines. I would appreicate any suggestions as to why this is happening. Is there something in the text box property I should set so access knows this is a memo field? ( grasping at straws) Thank you in advance for your help. Post the SQL statement of the form's Record Source. Identify the field that is the memo data type. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Sha...

Personal Folders in OWA

pivot table macro
I want to create a pivot table using the pivot table wizzard from a worksheet into a worksheet with the name table by running a macro. when I record the macro I create the pivot table using the wizzard and it works fine but when I try to run the macro again it errors "unable to get the pivot tables property of the worksheet class" any help? Hi Post the code you have created -- Regards Roger Govier "skippy51" <skippy51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0E655DC-B0D8-4FB5-901E-1EA30CF6E089@microsoft.com... > I want to create a pivot table usi...

Moving an old transaction from one account to another.
I have a *very* strange situation here... Once upon a time, Mr. Pat Smith married Ms. Pat Jones. The Mrs. Pat Smith was a cute oddity for the duration of the marriage. Sadly, the marriage ended. Mrs. Smith did not change her last name back to Jones... Now we have two people in town with the same name. 'Pat Smith'. Mr. Pat Smith bought a mattress set. In RMS, the mattress is on Mrs. Pat Smith's account. This probably would have gone unnoticed for along time, possibly forever, except for the unfortunate demise of the mattress under warranty. Now we need to return the m...

internet explorer won't recognize my e-mail address/why
I don't know why,when I try to send an e-mail from microft word.it won't go through and says it dosen't recognize my e-mail address(crothmund@comcast.net) any sugestions? Rich You'll need to be a bit more specific then this. How does Word and Internet Explorer play any role in this? You're sending emails via Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- ...

what is another way to unlock my word document?
I've tried many ways to unlock my document but none of them work? what can i do? "Jocy626" wrote: > I've tried many ways to unlock my document but none of them work? > > what can i do? Jocy626, I now have the same problem as you have. I can not open any saved word docs, nor can i save new docs im trying to do Give us SOMETHING to work with! What versions of Office and OS are you using? Are they patched up to date? Please describe your problem with some detail such as is this just one Word document or all Word documents? -- Terry Far...

Waiting for Input in a macro
In a macro I am running, the cursor is required to select a cell 'E1', where the user is expected to enter some value and once the value is entered, the macro should execute the remaining lines. However, I am unable to cause the macro to wait till the input is actually entered and the macro executes all the lines without waiting for input. Can someone suggest a solution ? Range("E1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "" ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$I$51" ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Coll...

Blocking fields to avoid use in formulas
Is there any possibility to block the particular field in order to avoid users to use invalid fields in formulas ? regards Peter You can lock and unlock cells (then protect the worksheet) so that users can't change certain cells. But if you allow them to type a formula into a cell, then I can't think of anyway of stopping them from pointing at A1 when A1 shouldn't be used. Is that what you meant? If it is, maybe someone else has a way... If it's not, maybe you should rephrase your question. Piotr wrote: > > Is there any possibility to block the particular field i...

Mapping of ID fields
I created an custom entity with parent relationship from Opportunity. I can map Name and other fields from opportunity to this new entity fields, but what is the right way to map the Account (potential customer) from Opportunity to custom field in the new custom entity? Thanks Feek ...

auto fill a form
please help I have tried but cant seem to get this to work. What I need is information from form 1 to be auto field in on form 2 I already have a combo box on form 2 that pulls data from a field (unit number) on form 1. Now I need the information for 4 more fields (vin mumber,make,model,year) on form 2 that is also on form 1. Thank you..... I may be reading too much into your description... It sounds like you want to replicate data. That is, you want data in one table (visible via form1) to be added to a second table (via form2). If this is what you are trying to accomplish, consider ...

E mail attachment in Vista
I have Windows Vista and am having trouble opening e mail attachments in Windows Mail. I am novice so any help would be appreciated. -- Joe Vancura Hi Joe, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. I suggest post your question to a Vista newsgroup: Windows Vista discussion groups: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.mspx Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Tom http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contribut...

Copy a chart from one workbook to another workbook?
l've tried to copy one workbook to another workbook using VBE. Does anyone have any idea? Thank u :D What is it you are copying, an embedded chart, a chart sheet, a worksheet, or a workbook? If it's a chart, are you copying just the chart, or the chart and its data? Is your intent to use the data from the new workbook with the copied chart? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "y0ngb00n" <y0ngb00n@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:43a694e3_1@news.tm.net.my... &g...

Changing Content of mapped Fields
Hello, is there a way to change the content of mapped fields? I have got an custom entitie which is mpped with company and offer. If I creat my entitie from "company" the mapped field (companynumber) is set its value as it should be, in my costom entitie field "customernumber". Creating a new record from my custom entitie and select via mapped lookup field a company the mapped entitie field remains blank. Also having an other field mapped to an entitie. By changing data in the source field the mapped field won't change (update) either. How could the solution loo...

How can I execute my macro for every row in worksheet
I'm a macro newbie... In my worksheet, I want to use a macro to find the word "RETENTION" and insert a blank (new) row after this word until all the rows in the worksheet are processed. Any suggestions? Thanks. Hi try the following macro. It tests column A and inserts a row if the value is 'RETENTION' Sub insert_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "A").Value ="RETENTION" then Cells(row_index + ...

Minimise form. leave open in background etc.
Hi I have a user form which has been set up to be used as a menu with lots of buttons doing various operations. After clicking a button and carrying out the task(s) I would like to able to move back into a worksheet(s) do some work and then step back to the form. At present I have to close the form do the work and then reopen it. Is it possible to minimise the form, leave it open in the background whilst I work on the sheets and then maximise to choose/use further menu items etc.? Any help with coding would be gratefully received. Thanks Richi Richi, You can make the userform modeles...

Controlling execution of a Sub Procedure
I have a spreadsheet that itself has a recursive (iteration) loop. Once the sheet converges, I have to look at the results and depending on what they are, either call a lengthy Sub procedure or bypass it. I cannot use Function procedures because the lengthy calculation I must perform is itself iterative. Thus I can't break up the calculation into a number of small Function procedures. I am now using the worksheet_calculate() event handler, but evidently the definition of "recalculate the spreadsheet" includes any cell that is manipulated. Thus what I am running...

One bound form does NOT save record
ACCESS Front End SQl Server 2k Back End The application is a perfectly straightforward MS Access MDB file that is linked to a SQL Server database on a LAN. The application has been stable for six years. However, earlier this month the SQL Server box crashed, owing to another database growing too big for its boots. Since then SQL Server has been reinstalled and databases reattached. However, since then there is a really weird bug with the MS Access application. It's a Technical Publications Distribution system. There is one full- time user. It is his responsibility to add new docume...