Is it possible to assign rows for exclusion when data is sorted by column?

I have an inventory of books, listed under cells which bear heading
like "history", "science", etc.

[image: http://www.parpacy.com/excel001.jpg]

Is it possible to assign the rows which contain headings some kind o
exclusion status so they stay fixed while the data shifts when it i
sorted

|Filename: excel001.jpg
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3962

Push Latenc
Push Latency's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2836
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48039

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can sort the data in the order you wish, including all the rows,  then
apply Data > Filter > AutoFilter, and select a dropdown arrow to filter out
the rows you dont want to see........Data > Filter > Autofilter again,
returns all to normal......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28364
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480392

0
croberts (1377)
10/29/2005 10:02:33 PM
Thank you Pepper Boy!

That's the Perfect Ammount of Pepper!

--
Push Latency
Push Latency's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28364
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480392

Is it possible

Offset, sum down to the first blank row
can anyone write the formula to sum down to the first blank row it encounters? In the sample data below I want the xx to sum only to 60 Assume the word sum is in cell A1 and the xx is in cell B1. sum xx Blue 10 Black 20 Red 30 Red 20 black 40 thanks much. p.s. would this formula be considered "volatile" and therefore "risky"....if so, what's the risk. thx. "Tami" <Tami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFA4F8A3-A823-4522-A946-F55AB55E0B29@microsoft.com... > can anyone write the formula to ...

DEX ROW ID
hello, I have a question on how does the dex row id get updated in great plains. I noticed there a 2 tables in the tempdb database what is that for. Thanks, Scott The DEXROWID is present in every table and is automatically incremented by 1 every time a record is added to the table. The tempdb database is a temporary database used by the server to store information needed for it to do its work. Its content is constantly changing and is wiped out everytime you restart the server. For more information check here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/architec/...

Trendline and multiple data series
I have a scattergraph with four data series. Is there a way of inserting a trendline which covers all four series? Thanks in anticpation Create a helper column that combines all the data series ... Jerry Blackcat wrote: > I have a scattergraph with four data series. Is there a way of inserting a > trendline which covers all four series? > > Thanks in anticpation ...

How do I create a dual axes column chart in Excel
Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. Alok, This example should help: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/two_column_series_with_two_axes/ -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Alok" wrote: > Hi...I am trying to create a dual axes column chart in MS Excel 2003. But the > moment I add the secondary axis the bars are getting overlapped. ...

Format so first column always appears
I have a wide worksheet and want the first column to always appear as I scroll to the other columns. I would look it up but I can't figure out where to look and under what title. Thanks It's referred to as Freeze Panes. Position your cursor in B1 then click on View | Freeze Panes | Freeze Panes (Excel 2007 or later), or Window | Freeze Panes (Excel 2003 or earlier). Hope this helps. Pete On Aug 20, 1:26=A0am, Gianni <gia...@gianni.com> wrote: > I have a wide worksheet and want > the first column to always appear > as I scroll to the other columns. > > I would...

Personal Folders in OWA

Pivot Table- Column 2 sort
How can I sort a Pivot Table by the 2nd (or any other) column? I've selected a cell and hit the A-Z Z-A Sort button, but it only works on column 1. Thanks! Right click on the column and select Field Settings | Advanced to access the sort options... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "srpd" wrote: > How can I sort a Pivot Table by the 2nd (or any other) column? I've selected > a cell and hit the A-Z Z-A Sort button, but it only works on column 1. > Thanks! Difficult to answer without knowing the structure of your underlying data and what, exactly...

CListCtrl Setting the Focus to a Row through Code
Hi i am taken a dialog based application. on the dialog i placed CListCtrl.i added 3 cols and 10 row to the list control. the first column is Checkbox. On the dialog box i placed two Buttons with captions "Next" and "Previous". when i run my application, when i Press "Next" Button the selection mark in the CListCtrl should move to the next row.and when i press "Previous" the selection mark in the CListCtrl should move to the previous row. i am using nItem=5; m_ListCtrl.SetItemState( nItem, LVIS_SELECTED|LVIS_FOCUSED, LVIS_SELECTED|LVIS_FOCUSED ); it...

Total or pre calculated column
Hi, My report provides a list of supplied products, these can range from on item to many. I have a control which calculates the amount of product ordered plus a wastage =[Qty]+[Wastage] to give a total quantity for that particular line. I want to have a total of all the lines. In the Order footer I have placed the control =Sum([ProdTotal]) ProdTotal being the name of the above control, however when I view the report it ask for a perameter value. Am I missing something or will the report not calculate from a previously calculated control? Many thanks in advance Cha...

Charts & Hidden Data
Hi, If I hide the row/columns containing the source data of a chart the respective series disappears from the chart. Is there any way to hide chart source data without affecting the chart? Many thanks, Jason In XL2003 (and before) with chart selected: Tools | Options |Chart and uncheck the box "Plot visible cells only" In XL 2007: Follow this path: click the chart; use Chart Tools|Design|Selected Data; look for button labelled "Hidden and Empty Cells"; complete dialog box as needed. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from ema...

Won't update row in datagrid
I have a XML file that I have bound to a typed Dataset, which goes to a DataView, which is connected to a datagrid. When I enter new data in the last row (empty) row of the datagrid and move off of the datagrid's row the data disapears. AllowNew and AllowEdit of the dataview are both true. ReadOnly of the DataGrid is False. What am I missing? Can you detail how the DataView is set ? I don't seem to have to same problem on DefaultView, nor on an unfiltered DataView ... "Trey" <weaver@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23$XGdhh%23DHA.4088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &g...

Export report templates
I would like to export the standard and modified reports from Great Plains 6.0 and am not familiar with this application. Is this feature available for both FRx reports and the vanilla standard reports that come with Great Plains. Any assistance in how to obtain this information either in a text, csv format etc would be appreciated. For FRx, you can export to Excel and other formats. Within FRx you would go to the Report Catalog and pick the report you want to print. On the output tab select the type of destination you want. Click the Generate report button. There are no vanilla repo...

Export Access Data Project Queries to old Access .mdb file
I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb file. What is the best way to do this? In the new .mdb go to the menu bar, click file, Get external data, and Import. Select the orignal .mdb file and then the items. >-----Original Message----- >I want to copy Access Data Project queries from a project into a new .mdb >file. What is the best way to do this? >. > ...

Data Consolidation
Hi Team, Any idea about the Data consolidation in excel . I have multiple excel sheets and want to consolidate it without losing the data. other than RDB data merge . Thank you, Shivaprasad hi Shivaprasad, If those files have all the same schema, you can do it with a VBA macro using mso. -- isabelle Le 2011-10-20 21:47, shivaprasad . shetty a �crit : > Hi Team, > > Any idea about the Data consolidation in excel . I have multiple excel > sheets and want to consolidate it without losing the data. other than > RDB data merge . > > Thank you, > Shivaprasad ...

Design issue; and finding and displaying row on other workbook
1. An academic course is divided into two sections: lecture and discussion. The lecture section contains all classes, but the discussion classes do not. The discussion section is further divided into three subsections, each containing multiple classes. The need is to coordinate student attendance and grades for all sections. Currently we have 1 lecture section workbook with all student names, IDs, and other info; and 3 discussion section workbooks with the same only for the relevant subsection. And then there is a consolidation workbook where lecture and discussion are put together and attend...

Can I assign an ip form within a program on Windows CE 6.0
Hi I know in Windows CE 6.0 you can change the ip address on the device by doing the following 1. Navigate to : Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Network and Dial up Connections 2. Right click on the network adapter and select Properties 3. You will see the IP Settings dialog box 4. Click Specify an IP address and fill it in I would like to do the same thing in a program. What do I wirte too? Are they registry entries or something in the smbserver.dll? Can someone please provide some detail on what to write too? -- Don Just ...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

How to select the last filled row
Hi, I have a column of data and I add rows every day to that column; I just = want=20 to see the data in the last row in another cell... whats the formula for = that???? ex: I have A12 which reads 48 as the last data on the column A; = but=20 next week I'll have A43 and the data will be 84... I want a cell which = shows=20 48 today and will show 84 next week....=20 PS: I managed to get a formula which shows the number of the last row = but i=20 can't use it either... ex: the data I'm interested in, is in A12 and it = reads=20 "48".... but tomorrow it will be in A13 and ...

Easy Data Transfer?
Is copying Outlook.pst from my desktop to laptop the easiest way to transfer data, including email, in order to use Outlook on my laptop while on an extended auto trip? "Don B." <deebee@jhu.edu> wrote in message news:ED6C4656-920A-4290-8759-CDE7D002A95A@microsoft.com... > Is copying Outlook.pst from my desktop to laptop the easiest way to > transfer data, including email, in order to use Outlook on my laptop while > on an extended auto trip? See here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp ...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...