irritating hidden hotkey

Hi,

I am experimenting with hotkeys in Excel.
Most of the time a key-combination doesn't result immediately in something
visible or handy.
But now I have come across a hot that is really disturbing.
By pressing the tab-key excel normally selects the next column.
Now, however excel selects the first column out of the monitor-window.
So for instance from column to P.
I don't remember the key combination and I have not found any option where
to set the tab-jump tot devault.

please help.

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Tools>Options>Transition.

Uncheck "Transition navigation keys"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:08:29 +0200, "S.Hoitinga" <s.hoitinga@hccnet.nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am experimenting with hotkeys in Excel.
>Most of the time a key-combination doesn't result immediately in something
>visible or handy.
>But now I have come across a hot that is really disturbing.
>By pressing the tab-key excel normally selects the next column.
>Now, however excel selects the first column out of the monitor-window.
>So for instance from column to P.
>I don't remember the key combination and I have not found any option where
>to set the tab-jump tot devault.
>
>please help.

0
Gord

Hotkeys in MS Word
Are there hotkeys in MS Word for the following tasks: 1. Highlight text in yellow 2. Close Word if you have 2 or more documents open 3. Insert a page break Thanks in advance, sheana ...

Hidden recipients
Hello I have SBS 2003 and downloading email through POP3 to Exchange 2003. Problem is when an email is sent to Bcc, it can not be delivered to the correct mailbox. Can anybody help to fix this issue? Thanks, Petr Hi, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265739 -- Jammy "Petr Mares" <petr_mares@tran.com> ���g��l��s�D :un4peE7tEHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello I have SBS 2003 and downloading email through POP3 to Exchange 2003. > Problem is when an email is sent to Bcc, it can not be delivered to the > correct mailbox. Can anybody help t...

How to ignore hidden columns in an "Average" formula?
If an "average" formula includes multiple columns, and those columns change each month by hiding old months (at end) and adding new months (at beginning) what can be done, by macro or in formula) to ignore the hidden columns? Try this if you can use 101 in your Excel version =SUBTOTAL(101,A1:C1) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "DotK" <DotK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6F36A22-BDE4-4836-98AE-028A616A9300@microsoft.com... > If an "average" formula includes multiple columns, and thos...

I can't find my hidden emails
How do I retrieve my hidden email folder. I have windows mail using vista version. To see your storage location, Open Windows Mail, go to Tools - Options - Advanced - Maintenance - Store Folder It's normally C:\Users\<yourlogin>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail \Appdata is normally hidden Email messages are stored as individual .eml files. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Hatsoff" <Hatsoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2301FECC-9C1B-4051-BECC-E59087654D5E@microsoft.com.....

Hidden Transactions
I opened a microsoft case: srx050823607667 in regards to KB article: 838713. Essentially, I have 2 transactions that will not delete from my money file, and 3 "hidden" transactions on this date that I cannot delete either. I was told my file was 'corrupt', though the quick repair file does not fixt the problem. This problem causes my register balance (which is correct) to be different from my actual account balance. The sum of the ammounts on my 3 "hidden" transactions total the discrepancy. 1) I can't balance my account 2) My reports don't have the corr...

Where's the hidden worksheet?
The source data of the chart is from a hidden sheet. How can I display the hidden sheet? Thanks a lot. -- slamm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15018 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389627 slamm, Go to: Format/Sheet/Unhide this help? Dave slamm Wrote: > The source data of the chart is from a hidden sheet. > How can I display the hidden sheet? > > Thanks a lot. -- Piranha ------------------------------------...

Irritated!
I have MS Money 2007 Deluxe and would like to know how to disable the auto-fill function in the account register. Everytime I go to enter a new transaction, a list of previous entries automatically pops up and if I am going to fast I select one of those transactions as a new one...very irritating. In my last version of Money (I think it was 2004) I was able to disable this function...any help out there! steve Tools|Settings|Global Account Settings|Transaction entry options|Use AutoComplete? "stiglo" <stiglo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBEEAE9F-6...

Highlighting hidden objects on a sheet?
Someone just sent me a workbook with some weirdness (lines that I can't select but aren't borders, etc) and I recall a posting from a long time ago about hidden objects like empty text fields where row heights (or hidden rows) and other things caused them to be so small that you didn't see them to select them, but they slowed the workbook down tremendously. I looked through the menus, but nothing triggered any memories- how do I select all objects (excluding graphs, if possible) on a page so I can delete them all at once? Thanks! Keith There's a useful, but well hidden, tool...

How can I enter a cell in excel with hotkey or combination off key
F2 ?? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "theo passier" <theo passier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DA5E96E-8A5B-43F2-A15B-210C14A94E0F@microsoft.com... > ...

irritated
At least 90% of the occasions I use Edit > Find, I want to search by column and look in values. I therefore 'find' it irritating that my search defaults to rows and look in formulas. Can anyone suggest how to change these defaults? While I'm on the subject of defaults, anyone know how to amend the boot time value of Autosave Period. I would like to default to 30 mins, I have tried changing the Registry key but it keeps resetting itself to 10 minutes. Cheers Twig -- timwight ------------------------------------------------------------------------ timwight's Profile:...

How to hidden red shield for window's firewall?
I am using Norton Internet Security with firewall, and disable the window's firewall, but the red shield icon with cross on the lower right hand corner keeps pop up a window for warning after window startup. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to hidden this red shield for warning?Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric wrote: > I am using Norton Internet Security with firewall, and disable the > window's firewall, but the red shield icon with cross on the lower > right hand corner keeps pop up a window for warning after window > startup. Does any...

Irritating message in Outlook
Hi I've got Outlook 2002 (SP3 recently installed), running on XP Home. Zone Alarm and AVG are my default firewall/virus protection. I run adaware and spybot S&D regularly. I have no strange emails in my inbox or delete box. Over the last week or so I get an irritating message whenever I start up Outlook, which says : A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Tick box then Allow Access for dropdown menu of 1,2,5,10 mins. The...

Hyperlinks with hidden worksheets
Good afternoon all, I have a workbook containing several worksheets. I have included an Introduction Worksheet with Hyperlinks to each sheet. However, I would like to be able to have the worksheets hidden (or very hidden), except the Introduction sheet, until the Hyperlink is clicked, then that sheet is activated, and when exited (by command button), this sheet becomes hidden again, and returns the user to the Introduction sheet. I hope I have expalained this well enough. I have some knowledge of VBA,( I have already set up the Command Buttons on the worksheets). Any help on this matter wou...

hidden text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Someone has sent me a message on FirstClass indicating that there is a hidden message embedded within. I couldn't locate it so I pasted the message into Word (thinking that I might be able to locate it this way.) Nope. Can't find how to recover or discover hidden text. No idea -- I'd suggest you check the FirstClass site on how to use the product or get clarification from the sender. I doubt it has anything to do with Mac Office at all. Good Luck |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/23/10 12:13 PM, i...

Calendar Text Hidden on Web
Publisher 2003. One-page calendar created for print, then saved as web page. Looks great in web preview. Publish to folder on hard drive, then import file and folder with graphics into FrontPage 2003 site. Cuts off text at bottom of some of table cells and part of header. Making cells longer does not work. ...

hidden pictures
Hi For some reason I can not see any pictures objects or shapes in my publication. I have tried everything from turning view pics on and off to reinstalling the programe. I have no trouble in word pics are fine it's just publisher. I am running xp pro can yo help This is based on Publisher 2000 but it may help you. Look here: View Picture display If you have "Hide pictures" selected, move it to one of the other two options. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Eltel" <Eltel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16110116-DA35-44B3-9265-08A0ADF8E2B1@micro...

irritating icon
when i paste after copying from a formula, i get a icon sometimes on th left, sometimes at the bottom with the caption paste options, howeve this icon hides the information in the neighbouring cell sometime which is very crucial, i can make it go away but it is a major sourc of irritation. how do i ensure that it never comes in the first place -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck "Show paste options buttons". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 27 May 2004 05:04:45 -0500, praptisahni <<praptisahni.16wt1v@excelforum-nospam.com>>...

Create Hidden window for drawing?
Hi all, I am writting a MFC component that will create a hidden window, load a bitmap into the hidden window and then save the hidden window to bitmap file. However, after I loaded the bitmap into the hidden window and save the window into bitmap file using function I found in codeguru (http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/g-m/bitmap/capturing/article.php/c4919/). The bitmap file only contain the desktop window instead of the hidden window. Is it possble to create a hidden window for drawing? Is there any other way I could create a hidden area for the program to draw on and save the area to fi...

how to insert today's date on a hotkey (or F-key)?
Hi Any idea for how to insert today's date on a hotkey (or F-key)? in MS Excel2002 (Would be useful for ms Word too, me thinks) Thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Ship, CTRL+; -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Shiperton Henethe" <shiphen2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:40103475$0$4915$afc38c87@news.easynet.co.uk... > Hi > Any idea for how to insert today's date on a hotkey (or F-key)? > in MS Excel2002 > (Would be useful for ms Word too, me thinks) > > Thanks > > > Ship > > Shiperton Henethe > > Hi...

Outlook Express irritations
2 Problesm - ...

Hidden windows
CNET has a couple of articles showing how to get to some hidden windows in W7, called GodMods, to tweak your systems: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10426627-56.html http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10423985-56.html Apparently these windows also existed in Vista. Since I never upgraded to that OS I had no idea these GodMode goodies existed. Maybe they come in handy to some of you as well. Live and learn ... ;-) -=tom=- ...

Excel irritation
This has been bugging me for about three years now, so I thought I'd see if there was a solution. I run a computer shop. I do all my invoices in Excel and keep them all in one folder. Sometimes I want to go back and look at a customer's invoice from the past to familiarize myself with what previous repairs, upgrades, or whatever that I did before. I sort the folder by date. Whenever I open the invoice to just look at it and go to close it again it always asks me if I want to save my changes. I didn't MAKE any changes! Once in a while, not thinking, I'll click Yes and the...

Hidden Columns in Shared Workbooks
We have noticed inconsistencies with respect to hidden columns for shared workbooks. One of our office personnel cannot open a shared workbook without all hidden columns changing to unhidden. The workbook has been saved with hidden columns and opens as such for most users. If the user in question opens the workbook, the columns are unhidden. If she hides the columns, saves the workbook as unshared, closes the workbook, and reopens it, the columns remain hidden. If however she hides the columns, saves the workbook as shared, closes the workbook, and reopens it, the columns appear unhidde...

Group and Ungroup problem
Hi, I use a reporting tool which takes data from our financial system and creates lovely Excel workbooks. I'm currently witting a report to budget some revenue over the next 12 months with the ability to drill-down from the Cost Centre down to the clients level. To do this I have used the grouping feature of Excel which works nicely however when I group and then ungroup a section any hidden rows that where hidden in the original list are revealed. An example, if my spreadsheet is setup like this R1 Cost Centre Name and Total Line R2 Client 1 Name and Totals R3 Client 1 codes (HID...

HIDDEN TEXT BOX IN EXCEL
As part of my job, I am required to perform spellchecks on worksheet pages of excel files (financial statements). These worksheet pages contain many text boxes. From time-to-time I run across a situation where spellcheck will find a misspelled word that does not exist in any of the text boxes that are visible on that worksheet, but may have been visible at one time. I think the problem is that the accountant that created the excel file wanted to delete certain text boxes and thought that he had done so, but never really did delete them. Instead, he deleted the rows contained the tex...