invoice numbering #2

Hi,

I am looking for a way to set automatic numbering for invoices i
Excel.
I would love suggestions....I would be delighted for  a way to set up
systems for a small business.  Is there a way to do this in Excel?:)

Thanks so  much
Debora

--
Deborah J Doyl
Deborah J Doyle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3352

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

J.E. McGimpsey has some suggestions:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

--

Dave Peterson
0

avery labels #2
I would like to create a label in Publisher and print on avery 5824 labels. How do I do this? ...

Automatically creating the correct number of dated columns
I wish to set up a cashflow spread sheet that has a basic data front sheet. This basic data would include a commencement date and a completion date for the cashflow. Typically these cashflows would be 36 - 60 months long, therefore requiring the requisit number of columns to be created and headed with the date reference; namely January 05, February 05, ect. etc. Can anyone help? try this Sub setmonths() Dim sd As Date Dim ed As Date sd = InputBox("Enter start date") ed = InputBox("Enter stop date") For i = 1 To DateDiff("m", sd, ed) + 1 Cells(1, i) = sd - 3...

Switch Column & Row numbering
In Excel 2003 is there a way to switch the row numbers 1,2,3... with the column lettering a,b,c... or show the first two rows as 0 (or nothing) and start the row numbering from line 3? I have an document that the first two rows are frozen & scrolling starts from row 3, information is updated each day. The trouble is people looking at the data see row 3 as the 3rd (3.10.04) and not as the 1st (1.10.04) etc. "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<79F57402-6B92-4A0C-A73B-F0EB0EFF760E@microsoft.com>... > In Excel 2003 is there a way to ...

how do i generate invoice from excel datafile?
how do i generate invoice from excel datafile? -- jm mailmerge in word "jm" wrote: > how do i generate invoice from excel datafile? > -- > jm ...

Dongle Serial Number
Can anyone help me on determining the serial number of storeops and hq dongles, other than the physical label? Is there an available open DLL that I can refered to? Thank you very much to all. You should be able to log into the POS and press 'CTRL'+'SHIFT'+'F1' and it should show you the 'S/N' which is the dongle number. You can also log into the RMS Manager and click 'Help' and 'About'. If all else fails use the administrator to connect to the database and run the following query: 'select serialnumber from configuration' Casey...

Excel Combination Line/Column on 2 Axis
I've created 3 charts successfully, but now when I create exactly the same chart type using another set of data, I cannot select more than 7 data values. Upon selecting data value number 8 the previous 7 datapoints are erased. If I try to manually insert two more data points into the series, I end up with a total of only four data points (not 9 as I need). Any suggestions? My data is in series, and there are empty values in between the data. I select data values by holding ctrl and selecting every other cell in a row to the end of my series. This has worked successfully seve...

double messages #2
Hello. When I receive a message from my peer to peer connection I get two copies of every message sent. How do I revert back to just one? Thanks ...

Closest top 2, closest bottom 2
Hi I am at a lost of where to even begin this....or it is even possible i have 2 columns of data. Column A is state Column B is money owed to that state So lets say A1 is florida and B1 is 29,000 I am trying for column C to tell me what values (and if possible the cooresponding state) are the 2 closest values above it and the 2 closest values below it in B1:B50. It can appear as a string of text like 27,000 CA 28944 (OR) 31000 (FL) 31200 (GA) Is there a way to do this?? You are busy! In Column C type the heading Rank this is what we you can use to lookup data. I created range names for...

2 email accounts and 2 delivery locations
I have 2 email accounts that I use at home. One is from my ISP and the other is our exchange server at work that I can access over my VPN. Is there a way to change the "delivery new e-mail to the following location" so that I have one going to my personal folders (from my ISP) and one to my mailbox on my exchange server (at work)? If I change it for one, it changes it for the other also. Thanks, Tom Use profiles with a single exchange in each profile. One for Exchange delivered to the Exchange mailbox and one for Internet Mail, delivered to personal folders. Mixing profil...

Received not Invoiced #2
When we look at the PO Received/Not Invoiced report the total at the bottom should equal the GL balance of accrued purchases. It never does equal. At what can I look to discover why these two numbers never agree. Check out this post Rich - http://gp2themax.blogspot.com/search/label/Purchase%20Accrual Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com You are correct that the RNI report should match the GL account. Several things change this. Sometimes people post directly to the RNI GL account. This is wro...

Error during Invoice Contract
Hi, Below is an exception that I get, in Event Viewer, when I try to invoice a contract. The first contract worked fine. After a while I did the falowing customizations: 1. for Oportunities i've changed a value for a picklist attribute that was created earlyer. 2. I've replaced collumn Attolments Remaning with collumn Qunatity in Contract Lines / Form and Views - Related Contract Line and Contract Line Advanced Find View The next contract that I've tried to invoice gave me the error below. I tried to set all the customization back but the error persists. Any sugestions? ...

open email #2
is there anyway i can automatically open an email sent to me from my family without having to search for them -- live long and prosper "Squibbly" <anti@spam.com> wrote in message news:q4SdnWDZA70G4fHeRVnyvw@pipex.net... > is there anyway i can automatically open an email sent to me from my > family without having to search for them > > -- > live long and prosper Not sure what you mean by "open", nor why you have to "search for them". If you leave all your emails in your inbox, you might be better creating some folders and filing...

How do I set "y" axis to numbers and labels to percentages on my .
-- Yvonne Mays Yvonne, If you double-click on the Y value axis, go to the Format Axis -> Number -> Percentage option to format the numbers and labels to percentages. ---- Regrards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "BYBaby" wrote: > > -- > Yvonne Mays ...

Pasting a number to Excel that begins with 0
I need to paste numbers to Excel that sometimes begin with 0. How do I do this without losing the lead 0? I am using Office 2000. You advice is appreciated. Tom, one way to do it: Format the target cell(s) as Text. Then select Edit | Paste Special | Text from the Excel menu. HTH Alan P. "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCE4408D-51AC-45C7-85AE-DE886DF3A802@microsoft.com... >I need to paste numbers to Excel that sometimes begin with 0. How do I do > this without losing the lead 0? I am using Office 2000. You advice is > apprecia...

Need help in making my invoices auto count
I need to find out how to make my invoices increase by 1 digit every time i copy/create a new invoice. I also would like to find out how i can make my totals (ie..for tax, and sales) get directed into a new spreadsheet displaying the date the invoice was created and giving a running total for the month and year. Is this possible or am i way out to lunch on this. Lostinexcel, Have you checked out MicroSoft's free templates? at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx You can search for "Invoices" there. Depending on whether you are using 2003, 2007...

Maximum number of payroll deductions
Is there a maximum number of active payroll deductions an employee can have? We have an employee with 22 deductions and we get this error when we try to print checks. Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of arry 'Deduction Amount YTD Array' is out of range in script 'Print_YTD_Deduction'> Script terminated. Any help would be appreciated. -- Lynette ...

Product Number on Product screens
The ability to show the productnumber and default UOM on the Opportunity Product, Quote Product and Order Product. As these are a key identifier or most product driven organizations, i was shocked to find you can't reference them on all product forms. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &quo...

Autoexec macro #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C6467A.3D4BF3A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I create an "Autoexec" macro in Visio, to be run whenever Visio=20 starts (not just when I open a particular document)? Visio has the same "Reviewing Toolbar" problem as the other MS Office=20 applications (Reviewing toolbar displays whenever you start up MS Word = or=20 Excel or Visio, no matter how many times you turn it off). This works in MS Word: 'Add the following ...

X axis #2
How would I make my x axis show up as 1/2 hour increments? Such as 8:00 AM then 8:30 AM etc? Thanks in advance For your major axis scaling, enter 0:30 and Excel will convert it as necessary. "David Bateman" <davidbateman@charter.net> wrote in message news:tT9Kd.11071$822.7929@fe07.lga... > How would I make my x axis show up as 1/2 hour increments? Such as 8:00 AM > then 8:30 AM etc? Thanks in advance > > ...

Smartlist Security #2
OK, I have a client that wants to restrict A/P transaction info on certain vendors (by vendor class) to logins that are part of a specific user class. This is not a terribly difficult problem to solve with VBA, but what I was wondering about was Smartlist (for the PM transactions). They do have Smartlist Builder. Is the shortest answer to disable security to the normal PM transaction smartlist for all users and then use Smartlist Builder to build a modified PM transaction smartlist and give all of the users security to that? Or, is there a way to apply VBA to Smartlist and manage ...

MSPub 2002 page numbering
I don't have an option when numbering pages in Part II to "Start on page...". In my case I want to start on page 23. Can I download that option? stonehearth <stonehearth@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I don't have an option when numbering pages in Part II to "Start on > page...". In my case I want to start on page 23. Can I download > that option? You can't really download any options to Publisher, except add-ins, which don't really add functionality like this. Insert > Section is what you want, as ...

copy conditional formatting #2
I can set up a conditional format in one cell. I would like to copy that CF to all the cells in the column. Any way to do that in 2007? You can use the format painter to copy and paste all formats including conditional formatting -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Byrdie Ethel Pillinger" <ByrdieEthelPillinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CE3D7DF-60A1-47E0-B12F-91B88CC606E0@microsoft.com... >I can set up a conditional format in one cell. I would like to copy that >CF > to all the cells in the column. Any way to do that in 2007? Might be e...

Logic question #2
I have a manual process that involves viewing customer billing data in an xl sheet and looking for a customer number value that repeats. If the customer number repeats that infers that there are multiple invoices. We edit our xl sheet by adding adjacent columns with the following 4 column headings: "Logic", "Current", "+1", and "+2". The user inputs "0" to denote it is a current invoice or a "1" or a "2" to place in aging bucket column in the logic column for that customer row. The remaining three columns have @if ...

sequential number
Hi all, I feel I should apologise in advance as I've seen this question answered previously but can't find it now. I want to have a sheet of a workbook display a new sequential number on opening. That's it really. any help would be appreciated. Mike Mike, you culd put something like this in the workbook open event, Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 You may also want to have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before t...

Outlook Web Access #2
Really would like to know if there was a way to have a signature in this program. Can't find anyway to do it? Is there one? Not natively you would need a third party app "Kim K" <kipiib0@msn.com> wrote in message news:024801c34a34$ed8e0bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Really would like to know if there was a way to have a > signature in this program. Can't find anyway to do it? Is > there one? ...