inverse of ShrinkToFit

Is there a property for the Range object that does the opposite of
ShrinkToFit? I mean, something like CellExpandsToFit, i.e. the cell size /
row width / column width is adjusted automatically so that the whole text in
it will be visible.

Is there any other ways to accomplish the same effect? E.g. iterate over all
the columns, determine if the texts fit the cells everywhere and if not, set
it to wider.
For that I should be able to determine if the whole text is visible in a
cell.

Thx

0
gusz1 (6)
9/1/2004 12:25:53 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Have a look at
autofit

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Agoston Bejo" <gusz1@freemail.hu> wrote in message
> Is there a property for the Range object that does the opposite of
> ShrinkToFit? I mean, something like CellExpandsToFit, i.e. the cell size /
> row width / column width is adjusted automatically so that the whole text
in
> it will be visible.
>
> Is there any other ways to accomplish the same effect? E.g. iterate over
all
> the columns, determine if the texts fit the cells everywhere and if not,
set
> it to wider.
> For that I should be able to determine if the whole text is visible in a
> cell.
>
> Thx

0
Don
9/1/2004 2:56:51 PM
You could use a worksheet event that adjusts the column widths.

If any of your cells could change because of a calculation, you could use this:

Option Explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
    Me.UsedRange.Columns.AutoFit
End Sub

Right click on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior.  Select view
code and paste this into the code window.

But you'll notice that you've lost the Edit|Undo (for the most part).

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

inverse of ShrinkToFit
Is there a property for the Range object that does the opposite of ShrinkToFit? I mean, something like CellExpandsToFit, i.e. the cell size / row width / column width is adjusted automatically so that the whole text in it will be visible. Is there any other ways to accomplish the same effect? E.g. iterate over all the columns, determine if the texts fit the cells everywhere and if not, set it to wider. For that I should be able to determine if the whole text is visible in a cell. Thx Have a look at autofit -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Agoston Bejo" <gu...

inverse log scale on 2008 guages
Hi guys, We have recently upgraded to SQL2008/64 and are starting to make use of the new gauges installed. Many of our KPIs revolve around very high compliance targets, normally 95/98/99 %. I would like to be able to create scales that show 0-100% but with the 90-100% taking up roughly half the dial. I can do it the other way round (0-10 taking up half the dial) using a log scale, but the software will not let you use a -ve or fractional log value, the minimum is 2. Does anyone have a trick to resolve this. Obiron -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonst...

Selection/Inversion
Not really a C++ or MFC issue but I can't think of anywhere better to ask: In the old days, the generally accepted method of selecting a block in a document was simply to invert the colours on the appropriate part of the document. This had the advantage of being fast but graphics cards are a bit better these days and subtler effects tend to be used in controls and things like Word documents. As far as I can see, when a selection changes, it must just redraw the whole window or an appropriate large part of it (double buffered to avoid flicker). (To increase a selection on a white back...

Inversing Entries
I am manually entering transactions in my Daughters College savings account and Money is inversing the entry. Making a deposit a withdrawal. When I fix it it appears to be corrected and then the next time I go into money the transaction has been inversed again. The account does not get updated online at all. ...

Re: Excel 2003 plotting graphs in inverse order
Excel 2003 is plotting any type of graph I select in reverse order. I a selecting data ranges normally, yet Excel is creating these upside dow graphs. I thought perhaps I'd inadvertantly changed a setting and trie selecting "Default formatting" on chart type selection, but the defaul is this inverse plotting!! I can select the axis(es) and select plot i reverse order, which generally addresses my problem, except that the the X-axis label winds up on top of the graph. Plot in reverse orde does not fix my root problem, which is that the darn thing is plottin EVERYTHING inversely a...

log inverse
i want to take the inverse log of a value. like inverse log (0.69897) in micro soft Excel. "Az" wrote: > i want to take the inverse log of a value. > like inverse log (0.69897) Depends on how you computed the log in the first place. If LOG(n) = 0.69897, then 10^0.69897 is n, the inverse log to the base 10. If LN(n) = 0.69897, then EXP(0.69897) is n, the inverse log to the base e -- effectively e^0.69897. In general, if LOG(n,b) = 0.69897, then b^0.69897 is n, the inverse log to the base b, where "b" is a constant or a cell reference. ...

Inversion of numbers
I have a spreadsheet with about eight columns. Six contain numbers about evenly divided between positive and negative numbers. How would I change all the positive numbers to negative and the negative numbers to positive? Thanks for any help. One way: Enter -1 in an empty cell. Select your columns. Choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Multiply and Values radio buttons. Click OK. In article <re81b1hst4g5v9qa6dvng4prkhdkff31t1@4ax.com>, Gary B. Berns <gberns@tampabay.rr.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with about eight columns. Six contain numbers > about evenl...

Inverse Matrix
Hello everyone. A question. In VBA environment, the only limit for the calculation of inverse matrix is the RAM? (I use a function that implements the Gauss-Jordan Method). I don't care the function WorksheetFunction.MInv(). Thanks. Look at the worksheet help under Limits and specification There are limits on the number of rows and columns There are accuracy limits. I think you are limited to 12 bit accuracy and with floating point number 24 bit binary accuracy. the execution time is also important. -- joel ----------------------------------------------------...

inverse cosine
Can you calculate inverse cosine in excel? Have a look for ACOS in Excel Help. Pete On Nov 13, 4:26=A0pm, bflorox <bflo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you calculate inverse cosine in excel? Hi, Even the inverse hyperbolic cos - ACOSH Cheers, Shane Devenshire "bflorox" wrote: > Can you calculate inverse cosine in excel? Thanks. I am writing an equation to calculate the area of overlap of dissimilar circles and that has left me without the ability to think for myself. It is a good thing breathing is involuntary. "Pete_UK" wrote: > Ha...

SELECT INVERSE
I want to know about how to give inverse selection ...

52258 Mining the Web: eigenVectors, Kriging, Inverse Distance Weighting Searches 52258
Site and Features: http://www.eigensearch.com Search engine, eigenMethod, eigenvector, mathematical, manifolds, science, technical, search tools, eigenmath, Jacobian, quantum, mechanics, manifolds, science, physics, chemistry, law, legal, government, home, office, business, domain lookup, medical, travel, food, university students, searching, searchers, surfing, advanced search, search tools Chemistry, mathematics, physical sciences, engineering, aerospace, astronomy, photography, news, computers, software, investment, venture capital, stakeholder, Biology, Chemistry, Geosciences, Biotechno...

how can I inverse type
-- ie for reverse printing on t shirt? What software program can do this? Publisher can do this. Most printers have a utility that can do it as well. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:648C8404-9F7E-45DA-AA03-C2B2D496FD41@microsoft.com... > -- ie for reverse printing on t shirt? What software program can do this? ...

LA MEJOR INVERSION
Mejor Inversiļæ½n! Rentabilidades anteriores: 2004 (92.4%), 2005 (110.2%), 2006 (116%), 2007 (135.9%), 2008 (180%). http://www.vanfunds.com/index.html?ref=inversycapit ...

Inverse colors in bar chart
Hi, I have a bar chart with series positive and negative. I'm looking for solution that would change color of the bar chart for points where value is negative (or if it meet a condition - like <5). Any suggestions? I would also need to control color of the positive/negative bars. Many thanks, Marcin Hi, For information on the use of Invert if negative see, http://www.andypope.info/charts/Invertneg.htm And for conditional charts see, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#C Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Marcin ...

Which API works inversely with SHGetPathFromIDList
Hi, I know SHGetPathFromIDList can extract floder/file path from LPITEMIDLIST, Is there an API can extract LPITEMIDLIST from path? -- Nothing impossible, Nothing sure Take a look at ParseDisplayName(). http://www.winterdom.com/dev/ui/ishfolder.html Tom "NianHawk" <NianHawk@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:BBEA3AFA-DDA1-463D-86FB-27FD6E26E909@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I know SHGetPathFromIDList can extract floder/file path from > LPITEMIDLIST, Is there an API can extract LPITEMIDLIST from path? > -- > Nothing impossible, Nothing sure ...

Email hyperlinks
When I type an email address into a cell, Excel automagically turns i into a mailto: hyperlink. When I copy the email address text fro elsewhere and then paste it into a cell, Excel does not. I know how to make the pasted email address strings into hyperlinks on at a time. The problem is that I have have columns of 150 or so emai addresses that I paste in. (Actually, they are being written in via an ODBC connection - same problem.) The only think I have come up with is devote a second column, say B with B1 having =HYPERLINK(A1), etc. and then paste into (hidden) colum A. Anyone know a wa...

63838 Mining the Web :Searches with Kriging, Inverse Distance Weighting, eigenVectors and Cross-Pollination 63838
Site and Features: http://www.eigensearch.com Search engine, eigenMethod, eigenvector, mathematical, manifolds, science, technical, search tools, eigenmath, Jacobian, quantum, mechanics, manifolds, science, physics, chemistry, law, legal, government, home, office, business, domain lookup, medical, travel, food, university students, searching, searchers, surfing, advanced search, search tools Chemistry, mathematics, physical sciences, engineering, aerospace, astronomy, photography, news, computers, software, investment, venture capital, stakeholder, Biology, Chemistry, Geosciences, Biotechno...

77014 Mining the Web :Searches with Kriging, Inverse Distance Weighting, eigenVectors and Cross-Pollination 77014
Site and Features: http://www.eigensearch.com Search engine, eigenMethod, eigenvector, mathematical, manifolds, science, technical, search tools, eigenmath, Jacobian, quantum, mechanics, manifolds, science, physics, chemistry, law, legal, government, home, office, business, domain lookup, medical, travel, food, university students, searching, searchers, surfing, advanced search, search tools Chemistry, mathematics, physical sciences, engineering, aerospace, astronomy, photography, news, computers, software, investment, venture capital, stakeholder, Biology, Chemistry, Geosciences, Biotechno...

The inverse error function (erfinv)
H I need to use the inverse error function erf(x)=0.8 <=> x=inverf(0.8) <=> x=0,90469 Currently i am using the goal seeker, but i know that matlab has a erfinv function - does excell have one? if not - does anybody know about som java-coding that can do it Best regard morten inverf(p) = SQRT(GAMMAINV(p,0.5,1)) inverfc(p) = -NormSInv(p/2)/Sqrt(2) Mathemetically exact, but not necessarily numerically good in versions prior to 2003. Jerry Morten wrote: > Hi > > I need to use the inverse error function: > > erf(x)=0.8 <=> x=inverf(0.8) <=&...

Setting colours of inverse values
as in the title, I have a chart which has values less than zero. Positives are coloured green, but negatives are white and i want to make them red. all help greatly received - thanks. Tim Hi Tim, My quick play of Invert if negative didn't produce the effect described by the help file. "Reverse the Foreground and Background colours" It simple made the negative columns white. I think the best approach would be to create 2 set of data based on your original. One for positive values on for negative. Both these series can be formatted as required. Use NA() for a point that ...

How do I show inverse data in a chart?
I want to show a ranking from 1st place thourgh 10th, where 1st place is the goal. How can I show this on a chart, so that if I am in 9th place, I am 2nd to last place? You can reverse the order of an axis: double click on the axis, click on the Scale tab, and check the appropriate box. Alternatively you could put the value you want to plot in another range on the sheet, and plot that. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "debjocc" <debjocc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

ranking with 2 parameters of inverse relation
hi how to find promising customer Customer dues to pay are 5k and pays all bills in 30days while customer B dues to pay are 500k pays in 32 days i wish to say customer B is good as the though dues are 500k still manages to pay in 32days. how to put this as function please. Think you could associate it via simply using: Amt divided by Num of Days Assume Amts in B2 down, Num of Days in C2 down In D2, copied down: =B2/C2 Then in E2, copied down: =RANK(D2,D$2:D$100) will give you the required relative ranking Adjust the range to suit. voila? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore...

some images in excel document print inversed
Built a marketing sheet with image files. When printing some print correctly and the others print inverted ...

How do I change the inverse colour in an Excel chart?
I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" when choosing the colour in Format Data Series, but I still get blue for both. David, The concept described here should work: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/conditional_column_chart/ ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "david_hutton.NO_SPAM" wrote: > I want to have blue bars when the values are positive and yellow when they > are negative. I have checked the box for "invert if negative" wh...

Inversing strings positions in an Excel 2000 column
Good day again dear members of the microsoft.public.excel.misc newsgroup. Please I would like to been given some help in this one here below. I've got an Excel column with data that look this way : A 1 Clark KENT 2 Lex LUTHOR 3 Louise LANE ...... and so one until line number 5230 or something. Now I would like to find a way or a function to invers the surename and the forename in Excel 2000 in order to obtain the following output : A 1 KENT Clark 2 LUTHOR Lex 3 LANE Louise ...... and so one. Please is there any way ? Many Thanks friends. Octavio in column B put i...