inserting text from a combo box to a text box

Hi - I have a forms control combo box with several different choices.  I
would like what ever is selected from the combo box to be inserted with a
certain font and size into a text box on the same sheet.  Can anybody offer
some help - thanks much - Jim A
0
JimA (42)
5/19/2009 9:17:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On May 20, 7:17=A0am, Jim A <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi - I have a forms control combo box with several different choices. =A0=
> would like what ever is selected from the combo box to be inserted with a
> certain font and size into a text box on the same sheet. =A0Can anybody o=
ffer
> some help - thanks much - Jim A

Hi Jim,
try this

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
TextBox1.Text =3D ComboBox1.Text
End Sub

If the font is the same for every entry you can just set that for the
text box,
if you want it to change with different choices this should do it

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

Select Case ComboBox1.Text
    Case "a"
        TextBox1.Font.Name =3D "Times New Roman"
        TextBox1.Font.Size =3D 16
    Case "b"
        'put your font sizes here
    Case "c"
        'put your font sizes here
    Case Else
        TextBox1.Font.Name =3D "Arial"
        TextBox1.Font.Size =3D 12
End Select

TextBox1.Text =3D ComboBox1.Text

End Sub

hth

Regards

David
0
dheaton (109)

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Auto correct text changes
I am editing a document in word 2007 that has been saved in compatible mode. Whe I try to turn one heading into italics or bold it changes all the headings in the document to the same formatiing. Can any one help me to stop this happening. If I then press undo all the other changes revert back and not the one I have just made. I can't keep pressing undo everytime I make a change. I just want it to change the words I am highlighting See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/wholedocumentreformatted.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "David Rudman"...

Insert trigger

inserting hrs and minutes

how do I filter on text format in Excel?
I have a workbook containing text that I wish to filter based on the format of some words. IOW, for instance, all records (rows) with cells containing text of a certain font color, or perhaps characters with the strikethrough mark. I'm relatively familiar with advanced filtering, but this appears to be something requiring a "filter by formula". Does anyone have any experience in this area? It is not in any built in function in Excel only way this would be possible would be to use a UDF (a function written using VBA) in a help column and then filtger on that help column pl...

how do I format text as strikethrough in Publisher 2003?
I am copying over text from a WordPerfect document into Microsoft Publisher 2003. Text that has been formatted as "Strikethrough" in the WordPerfect document comes over as plain text with no strikethrough. I have even tried to just import the document which it looks like it does fairly well at, except that all text formatted as strikethrough is imported as plain text. I can possibly believe that Publisher does not have any way to format text in this way, but I have looked everywhere and cannot figure out how to format the text in this way. Can anyone help? You will have to ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Insert dataset to another database

Insert a blank row

text field validation 12-07-04
I am trying to create an validate event for Text fields on CRMAccount address fields. Whenever you try to change the values of these fields, it should alert the message. Here is the code like: In sfa\accts\acct_cont.js file, under window.OnLoad function: function window.onload() { ..... .... try { crmForm.address1_line1.onblur = validate; } catch (e) { alert("Error: " + e.message); } } function validate() { if (crmForm.ownerid.value == "{669282E2-2725-47A1-8234-3BD107C49487}") { alert("Not a authorized user. Please notify ...

Enable Command Button After Entering Text
I am a beginner with Excel VBA programming and would greatly appreciate any advice on how to accomplish the following. I created a user form with three text boxes (txtName, txtDescription, txtProcess) and two command buttons (cmdAdd, cmdCancel). I do not want the cmdAdd button enabled until a user enters valid text into both the txtName AND txtDescription text boxes. I have the Enabled property for the cmdAdd button set to False. How and where do I code the procedure to set the cmdAdd control's Enabled property to True as soon as the user has entered valid text in BOTH the txtNa...

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

How do I insert backround into my picture inserts?
Could you please elaborate on your question, and give us details such as your version of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TAMOS" <TAMOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B3ABEC-F208-4A23-B695-9C0EEFBF649F@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http:...

Inserting images into excel conditionally
I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then please help. Thanks Pav One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html can be adapted to your situation -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37DC7373-14E6-4F11-9136-71DC3AD93CC2@microsoft.com... > I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. > I would l...

Ordering by number and text
I use a report to print out checklists that in the detail section have item number to delineate each checklist item. The item numbers as an example are 1-1, 1-2, 1-2a, 1-2b, or 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3a, 2-3b and so on. The report is grouped by checklist section and the grouping works perfectly but when the report is printed the item numbers are ordered in this order 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3a, 1-3b, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9. Obviously I want the the order to be in proper numerical sequence where 1-10 comes after 1-9. but even replacing the '-' with a decimal point doesn't ...

Pasted Text Truncated?
I'm trying to copy/paste some text from a Word document into a single Excel cell in worksheet that was created by someone else. The text has about 250 words/about 600 characters or so. There are about 5 major points, each point has about 4 bullet points underneath it. There's about 25 lines of text. I've formatted the cell to wrap text, but the last 20 words or only display if I expand the width of the entire column - which makes the other cells in that column much too wide - and the page won't print as it should (a single page). When I increase the length of the row...

Why does the text in a text box disappear after a mail merge?
I have an established publisher file that I have mail merged and the text in most, but not all, of the text boxes have disappeared. Any ideas why? Could it be behind something? A border perhaps? Will the text print even tho you can't see it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "pepperjeanb" <pepperjeanb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C540A69A-66BC-4817-ACA3-D919888DEF7D@microsoft.com... >I have an established publisher file that I have mail merged and the text >in > most, but not all, of the text boxes have disappeared. Any ideas ...

How do I insert a reference to lookup and insert a name
How do I insert a reference code in one column which will then look up a reference table and then insert the name in the next column. eg if I type the letter b in column 1 then the word 'bank' will appear in column 2. If I type the letter i in column 1 then the word 'insurance' will appear in column 2 etc etc look at VLOOKUP in Help. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jan K" <Jan K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CDAC92-DB48-49A7-803F-BF494F5221AB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a reference code in one column which will then look up a > r...