Inserting a Drop down Menu

Very simple questions so I'll keep it short.

How do I insert a drop down menu into Excel?

Thanks for any help.

--
matt_the_brum
matt_the_brum's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5751

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"matt_the_brum" <matt_the_brum.2bibf3_1153840506.0559@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote in message

> Very simple questions so I'll keep it short.
>
> How do I insert a drop down menu into Excel?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> --
> matt_the_brum
> matt_the_brum's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5751
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564747

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
7/25/2006 3:22:38 PM
Bob,

Thanks, thats fantastic, just what I was after.

--
matt_the_brum
matt_the_brum's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5751
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564747

There is no change to Print (from web format) in my file menu.
I am attempting to change a file from web format to print document format. Your help response is to click on "change to print" in the file menu. This option is not in my file menu. Can you help? ...

Deleting a Windows Live ID from the drop-down list
On the sign-in page, the drop-down combo lists all the Windows Live ID's available. Is there a way to remove any one of the items in the list? Found the solution :-) Click the down arrow next where it says "sign in as", then click "forget me". "grovelli" wrote: > On the sign-in page, the drop-down combo lists all the Windows Live ID's > available. Is there a way to remove any one of the items in the list? "grovelli" <grovelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05823788-4A4B-4ACC-9033-4C8802C7AF43@m...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Insert trigger

2003/newsreader (OE) not shown in view menu
I just upgraded from xp sbe to 2003 sbe. In the other versions when I clicked on view in outlook I could click on the news or view news. I can't find anyplace in outlook 2003 menu's to go to my mail? To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brucefl" <Thisisnotreal@...

i deleted the menu !
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) was trying to delete a document from the "work" pull down menu and followed directions in this forum, which resulted in the total deletion of my pull down menu's to the right of my open apple button! help! 1) how do i restore my main pull down menus? and 2) how do i get old docs out of the "work" pull down menu once i've got the main menu back, since i obviously did it incorrectly. thanks! Ok. its back! How strange is that.... so nevermind, except i still have docs i want out of the work menu .... Help!...

Font in drop-down field too small
I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a much larger font, and I would like my spreadsheet to be consistent. If these are data validation dropdown lists, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Juana Cafe wrote: > I created a drop-down field with multiple menu choices. I am not able to > increase the font size for those menu choices. The adjacent cells have a > much larger font, and...

inserting hrs and minutes

Insert with a where condition

Lost my Acrobat menu when upgrading to Office 2007
In our Company we use the Snagit and the Acrobat Writer which places automatic menu for each program on the Menu Bar on top. Well when our Company pushed the upgrade of the Office 2007 these menus no longer appear. How can we get them back. Please advise You probably just have to activate the addins. Office button => Word Options => Add-Ins => Go button at the bottom. On a side note, Office 2007 comes with its own pdf generation tool which is often faster (and better) than the Acrobat one. Yves "giosejo" <giosejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Insert

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Insert dataset to another database

Insert a blank row

Word 2008 font menu
I've just installed Office 2008 on my MBP running 10.5.1. Seems to work well, but when I try changing a font via the pulldown menu or in the fonts menu from the main menu bar, it selects a completely different font with no logic whatsoever. Seems like a bug. Any ideas from anyone - welcome. Thanks. I've not seen this one yet:-) First thought is to fully restart the Mac which will cause it to cleanse the font caches. If that doesn't clear it up post back with any any additional specifics you can offer. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/24/08 6:08 PM, in article ee8a...

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

How do I insert backround into my picture inserts?
Could you please elaborate on your question, and give us details such as your version of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TAMOS" <TAMOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B3ABEC-F208-4A23-B695-9C0EEFBF649F@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http:...

Inserting images into excel conditionally
I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. I would like excel to import the appropriate image for a product once the condition entered is that quantity is > 0. Is this possible? If so then please help. Thanks Pav One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html can be adapted to your situation -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Pav" <Pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37DC7373-14E6-4F11-9136-71DC3AD93CC2@microsoft.com... > I have a large product price list (1200 items) with one column for quantity. > I would l...

Can't Drag and Drop in All Programs Start Menu
Vista Basic x32 sp2. I formatted my hd today and installed Vista Basic. All went well but I'm unable to drag folders to other folders in All Programs|Start Menu. (I was able to do this previously.) I'm able to drag and drop shortcuts ok. But, when I drag a folder to an open folder in the start menu the line appears but when I release the mouse button it doesn't get dropped. Any ideas?? James Forgot to add 1 thing. I am able to Cut/Copy and Paste to the folder(s). James "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23w%23Y6h...

How do I insert a reference to lookup and insert a name
How do I insert a reference code in one column which will then look up a reference table and then insert the name in the next column. eg if I type the letter b in column 1 then the word 'bank' will appear in column 2. If I type the letter i in column 1 then the word 'insurance' will appear in column 2 etc etc look at VLOOKUP in Help. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jan K" <Jan K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CDAC92-DB48-49A7-803F-BF494F5221AB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a reference code in one column which will then look up a > r...