Inserting a date field

How can I insert a date field into an excel cell. I can do it in Word quite
easily but for some reason Excel presents more a a challange.

0
someone913 (592)
8/24/2006 10:25:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

R2D2, =TODAY()  will give you today's date, is that what you need?

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"R2D2" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I insert a date field into an excel cell. I can do it in Word
quite
> easily but for some reason Excel presents more a a challange.

Do you want a static date or an date that will change each day?

1.  CTRL + ;(semi-colon) to enter a static date.

2.  =TODAY() to enter a changing date.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:25:01 GMT, "R2D2" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:

>How can I insert a date field into an excel cell. I can do it in Word quite
>easily but for some reason Excel presents more a a challange.

0
Gord
8/24/2006 10:40:08 PM
You've got two good answers, and if you want to do something special, like
having a date appear in the next cell when you enter data in a cell, then
that can all be done with macros, but their coding is specific to each
instance..........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"R2D2" wrote:

> How can I insert a date field into an excel cell. I can do it in Word quite
> easily but for some reason Excel presents more a a challange.

0
CLR (807)
8/25/2006 4:31:02 PM
Thank you all very much.

"R2D2" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I insert a date field into an excel cell. I can do it in Word
quite
> easily but for some reason Excel presents more a a challange.

0
someone913 (592)

Proportion of Fields filled
Hi, How to calculate the percentage of filled fields by number of records in order to know what field has been most filled Thanks, Carla -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com So you want to show the percentage of records that have some value (any value) in a particular field? 1. Create a query. 2. Depress the Total button on the toolbar. Access adds a Total row to the design grid. 3. Drag the primary key field into the grid. In the Total row under this field, choose Count 4. Drag your other field(s) into the grid, choosing Count again. This gives you the count of all rec...

Auto Filling Fields in Current Record from Previous Record
Hello, I have looked through posts related to Auto-Filling a field from a previous record but am still a little unsure of how to do things. What I would like to do is auto fill a field in the current record with one from a different field in a previous record. What I have is a form that records "engine hours" and "tonnes moved" for a piece of equipment. The operator will record the staring hours and tonnes (at the start of a day) and the hours and tonnes at the end of the day. So in the database, I would like the "Starting Hours" and "Starting Tonnes"...

cannot create new fields in CRM
Hi There, we are having issue wher we can no longer add new attributes, we get the error message saying "An error has occoured, for more information contact your administrator." As far as we know we haven't done anything that could have caused it, we are running small business server 2003 and CRM version 3.0 Rgds, Kyaw is the System Customizer role deleted? if it is, add the role back using the script found here: http://groups.google.com.sg/group/microsoft.public.crm.developer/browse_thread/thread/826a19aab8ff173a/80d124150a51875c?lnk=st&q=mscrm+customizer+role+de...

Error creating dates
I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary When i do double click nothing happens... Any idea? Thanks in advance. Reboot your computer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Virgulilla asked: | I can't create new dates in Microsoft Outlook Calendary | | When i do double click nothing happens... | Any idea? | | Thanks in advance. ...

conditional format -- if not a date, then highlight cell
How do I enter a conditional format to highlight the cell if it's not a valid date? I tried "formula is": =if(not isdate(C10)) <>if(isdate(C10)) Your help would be greatly appreciated!! I think I'd put some data validation on the field to ensure that it's a date as well. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "laavista" wrote: > How do I enter a conditional format to highlight the cell if it's not a valid > date? > > I tried "formula is": > > =if(not isdate(C10)) > <>if(isdate(C10)) > ...

date and time formating in one cell
I have the following date/time stamps in one cell: 20031229152357 20031230150834 20031230150834 etc... As you can tell, the date is yyyy\m\d and time is h:mm:ss The problem I have is the numbers appear exactly as above. My question is how do I get the respective date and time to show up in the cells? Right now, I am only getting the "##############" to show in the cells. Thanks for your help, Kurt Kurt, Are you not inputting this data as time, that is 29/12/2003 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email a...

EXCEL, I want to create a series of calendars with dates marked f.
I have a list of all our maintenance requirements in excel. I need to produce a series of calendar check sheets with reminders of when each maintenance function is required. I have daily, weekly, quaterly, etc. I need to produce the calendars and post them for operator signature each month. Is there a better tool for this? ...

Report Generation Variables for Date
I'm trying to define a filter in a report, using the last month start and last month end as low and high limits. Can somebody tell me the name of this variables, like <Today> is self explanable. -- alvaroguzman this is all I have: <MonthStart> first day of month <WeekStart> date of first day of this week <LastWeekStart> date of first day of last week <YearStart> first day of year <Now> current date/time <ReportDate> date of report "Alvaro Guzman" <aguzmanc2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7C2DA569-6C0C-420C-9F49-4FC...

Historical IV Trial Balance
When running this report in Summary, I am receiving an error when trying to run with a date range. Has anyone seen this before? are you getting a duplicate error? If you are, then what you are experiencing is a bug. To fix, you will have to apply the latest service pack. Hope this helps. Rheiner "DavidInterDyn" wrote: > When running this report in Summary, I am receiving an error when trying to > run with a date range. Has anyone seen this before? I think so. I'll try that by applying SP 4 for 10.0 "Rheiner" wrote: > are you gettin...

calculating multiple fields in an unbound text box
I have a report based on a query that links 2 tables by the field "Type". Each tiype in the one table has a minimum price. The other table has the type and actual sales prices in four different fields of which only one is used in the calculations. I am calculating the difference between actual selling price and minimum price. the problem I am having is that although the minimum price is always desplayed for the type, the calculation does not work for the different fields. If the first field is null, then the next 3 fields should be checked. The other fields may or may not be ...

Using SqlDataAdapter for Insert but not Update?
I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing records in my SQL table. I'd like it to perform the Insert on rows that don't exist, but not update the record if it already exists. I have it set to ContinueUpdateOnError because I don't want it to throw an exception if a row already exists, I just want to ignore it. I'm clearly missing something... On Dec 11, 4:46=A0pm, Stu <stumor...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing > records in my SQL table. =A0I'd like it to pe...

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

list of figures looses some of its figures once tables are inserte
word 2007 First, this is not an issue with assigning a caption from a picture and the caption isn't in a text box. In fact, I've scoured the internet and found no known issues like what I'm about to describe. My document has 16 figures and 12 tables. I created a list of figures and a list of tables and found that both go missing randomly when any changes are made trying to get them to reappear. E.g., if I'm missing only fig 13, and I test a change, several figures then go missing. Or if I have all figures and begin to insert tables, the list of figures looses ...

Inserting @sum in a looped cell range copy
I am having difficulties in getting an @sum placed at a specific cell location in a row copy macro. The worksheet sorts a users selections of varying reference numbers and their descriptions. These selections are then group based on the first two digits of their number and copied to another worksheet. Here is a sample out put from one iteration of the loop: A1. B1. C1. D1. E1. Ref Lable --Header Group1-- S <---- Sum required Ref#1 RefLable1 2 2.00 4.00| | Ref#2 RefLable2 2 3.00 6.00|--| Ref#3 Reflable3 3 3.0...

Payroll date ranges entered in the build check process should car.
When entering a payroll check build a date range is required, but it does not print on any one of the payroll reports following the process of check calculation, etc. ...

OLE field on form
How do I get an ole field on a form to display full frame. At the moment, all I can get it to do is show a small (and rather blocky) verion of a .bmp file, with the file name underneath. It won't display .jpg at all - only the file name. I've played with this for a while now. "Paul Doree" <PaulDoree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How do I get an ole field on a form to display full frame. > At the moment, all I can get it to do is show a small (and > rather blocky) verion of a .bmp file, with the file name > underneath. It won...

auto-insertion of parentheses
wondering if anyone knows of some shortcut by which you can highlight a section of a formula and have a keystroke which places open and close parentheses around that part of the formula. If it doesn't exist and there are any MS monitors out there, great feature to think about. Thanks anyone. Hi AFAIK there's no such keystroke -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "boris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:09ed01c4ab64$9dc1a750$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > wondering if anyone knows of some shortcut by which you > can highlight a...

To many fields defined error message
I am currently using access 2003 and when I am attempting to bring multiple queries together into one... I am getting a To many fields defind error message. Below is my SQL that I currently have. I am going to want to add another 30 fields from 3 other queries to this one as well. SELECT [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].[Performance Year], [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].[Performance Month], [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].ATTUID, [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].Skill, [Employee Hierarchy - Current Month].Ramp, [TC-All-Weeks].[TC-Week1-Step2].[Trans and Co...

Calendar date shown incorrect
I have a bit of an issue using CRM3.0. One of my users is getting a strange error, when she selects the calendar date picker option to select a date while it correctly shows today as 04/04/2008, the calendar suggests it is a Saturday!! Anyone got any idea? Can you please let us know what time zone did the user set at and what timezone your system is at? That could be a bug in CRM 3.0 and MS might already have the hotfix for it. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 4, 6:43=A0am, Will <W...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a bit of an iss...

Why can't I see pictures when inserted in documents in Publisher?
When I try to insert a picture into a Publisher document, or receive publisher docs with pictures in them, I don't see the pictures on the screen. They are there as the boundary box for the picture is visible, and I can actually save the picture as a file and view the jpeg. I have checked the view - picture - display options and they are set up OK i.e. view detailed image. Also send image back/forward, but still no joy. Can anyone help me here . . . please?? Help and solution here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=P...

Convert from Excel and change field to Autonumber
Hi, I have an Excel file which I have opened in Access to create an access table which is fine. I am now quickly going through the fields to tweak them to what they should be but the Excel file was created from a Lotus Approach database that had a field which was autonumber. Obviously when I try to change the field in the Access database it tells me that it can not do this as there is data in the table. What is the proper procedure to do this and either make the field an autonumber field during conversion or after? -- Dan Pickard ----------------------------- Powerful Windows 2003 ...

How to un-concatenate a field with full name
I have a filed called "Contact" that has the full first and last name - is there a way to break this field into 2 fields - "first name", 'last name" ??? How do you find where to split the field? Thanks Take a look at "InStr" function in vba -- sam "Patricia" wrote: > I have a filed called "Contact" that has the full first and last name - is > there a way to break this field into 2 fields - "first name", 'last name" ??? > How do you find where to split the field? > > Thanks Patricia GOOD ...

Date Modified
When I go to open a file in Excel or save a file in Excel the window shows columns "Name, size, type, Date Modified". I also want it to show "Date Created". I can choose this option and put it there with no problem but I can't figure out how to make it come up every time. Thoughts? ...

date problem #9
Hi Frank, Thanks for ur reply. But, you don't seem to have got my problem right. What I want is, if I have in cells A1, A2, A3 Dates of 1-1-2004 4-4-2003, 6-6-2006 respectively, I need to get in Column C all th possible dates between 4-4-2003 and 6-6-2006 i.e. 4-4-2003 in C1 4-5-2003 in C2, 4-6-2003 in C3 ...and so on upto 6-6-200 (chrnologically). I would appreciate if you could help through som code. MPRedd -- mpredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1327 View thi...

How do I disable automatic date formatting in excel?
I am importing data into Excel which contains codes. Some of the codes are similar to dates (ex. 4feb1) and they are automatically converted. I need the codes to remain as is. Import it as text Regards, Peo Sjoblom "tcuneio" wrote: > I am importing data into Excel which contains codes. Some of the codes are > similar to dates (ex. 4feb1) and they are automatically converted. I need > the codes to remain as is. I will see if I can control this. I'm importing data directly from AutoCAD and am not sure that I can control this. If I can't, is there no o...